DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Worst Move You've Ever Seen?

Nolder

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Knivy, did not like the Bourne's. They were not true novel adaptations. Not with the fact that Jason as created to take down Carlos the Jackal, and that the Jackal took down Headstone 71 and killed Jason's own father in the process. These films are examples of how not to do these adaptations, The Lord of the Rings and Watchmen are the perfect example of doing them as good as you can. The Bourne's were to me insults to brilliant books.

Edited by wotfan4472

• 4 weeks later...

Another movie that I despise soooooooo much that I cannot finish is Green Lantern!! That was ughhhhhhhhhhh!!! What were they thinking!?!?!?!? Turned off when they flicked to his girlfriend after showing his friend. Saw the final battle a year later and wished Darkseid had killed them all, it was soooo horrible. And don't get me started on the fatheads :P

Edited by wotfan4472

No Knivy, did not like the Bourne's. They were not true novel adaptations. Not with the fact that Jason as created to take down Carlos the Jackal, and that the Jackal took down Headstone 71 and killed Jason's own father in the process. These films are examples of how not to do these adaptations, The Lord of the Rings and Watchmen are the perfect example of doing them as good as you can. The Bourne's were to me insults to brilliant books.

I actually tried to read the books after watching the movies since I liked them so much. Couldn't even get through half of the first book. Even with only partially reading the books I could tell that the movies aren't a good adaptation. 

However, as movies themselves, the Bourne movies are great.

Back to the purpose of this thread, Hansel and Gretel. Oh my god the movie is bad.

• 4 weeks later...

The first movie that came to mind was The Atonement. Oh my gosh I hate that film. I understand that it's super artsy and the acting wasn't bad (and it's saving grace for me was having James McAvoy in it :rolleyes: ), but the story I found so stupid. I know it one heaps of Academy awards, but seriously...

Although I'm a bit of a contradiction in that I found a film with rather good acting awful and a movie (The Phantom Menace) with admittedly bad acting (except for Liam Nesson cause that man can do no wrong) really awesome. Maybe it's just because I'm pretty biased towards anything Star Wars, no matter how bad the writing is :rolleyes:

Grown Ups 2 was pretty bad too.

• 3 weeks later...

The Village - Refund please.

Won't watch a Shyamalan movie again methinks. 

Shyamalan=barfnoodles.

He ruined Avatar.

Worst I've ever seen is called "Severed Ways" It's about the vikings discussing north america.

It's awful.

Heavy metal soundtrack, headbanging vikings, anachronistic conversation (I'm certain Norse warriors wouldn't have said their dinner was 'killer fish')

And about an hour in...

well, what happens is so gross it breaks the pg-13 barrier on DM.

• 4 years later...

Another movie I consider to be a bad movie for me is Star Trek Into Darkness. Put me off Star Trek for years after watching it. Beyond was O.K, won't touch anything going forward I hated it so much. Can only watch Wrath of Kahn in bits. Cannot watch it through any more because of JJ's putrid gutter burned rubbish, and that was my favourite sci-fi movie. Left the theatre giving it a 4/10, now 0/10. Horrible

Edited by wotfan4472

Dazed and Confused. My sis rented it from Blockbuster shortly after it came out on video, and I sat through that debacle before she returned it. I kept waiting for something to happen, some story development, some semblance of plot, and it never did. The entire movie never actually had anything happen.