DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Worst Move You've Ever Seen?

Nolder

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DiCaprio's only decent role was in the J. Edgar Hoover flick. That one was okay. The rest? Trash.

What about Blood Diamond or The Departed? I thought those movies were phenomenal.

See, I still see those as De'caprio still being de'caprio, playing the same ol' type-cast role over and over again. (same with inception) But hoover? That was a complete 180 turn from a type cast type role. To me, that movie showed he wasn't just a face for the ladies, and good at acting as himself but actually has some acting talent going on.

Side note.

Robert Downey Junior?

I'm not quite convinced he's as good at acting as they say he is.Sure he makes a great Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes, but they are... very similar characters.

And his other movie... with galafacasus?(sp).. Sucked, Didn't even really care for Robert Downey Junior in that either.

Tropic Thunder. I don't see the character connection between Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes though. Thought he played the latter rather brilliantly.

Wing Commander was watchable and loved starship troopers

A WoT fan worried about how tWoT would be adapted should HATE Starship Troopers, which entirely changed the message of the book.

It was still an enjoyable movie though

And I'd also argue that a fair few of the core themes were retained

You just gotta dig a little deeper to find them in the movie

I think he might be refering to the arrogance of the characters, both are smug and self assured characters which assume they are correct

Speaking of actors that seem to always play the same character

Jason Statham and Johnny Depp

Almost every movie JT stars in is just a generic action flick where JT gets some guns and shoots'em up

They're ALL the same

Johnny Depp's movies on the other hand are different but that's kind of the problem

They're too different

They're usually just weird

JD always plays in these really eccentric and weird roles in movies

There's a couple exceptions but really I'm so tired of both of these actors doing the same thing over and over

• Community Administrator

I think he might be refering to the arrogance of the characters, both are smug and self assured characters which assume they are correct

Speaking of actors that seem to always play the same character

Jason Statham and Johnny Depp

Almost every movie JT stars in is just a generic action flick where JT gets some guns and shoots'em up

They're ALL the same

Johnny Depp's movies on the other hand are different but that's kind of the problem

They're too different

They're usually just weird

JD always plays in these really eccentric and weird roles in movies

There's a couple exceptions but really I'm so tired of both of these actors doing the same thing over and over

Yep. Gotta agree on this.

And yes, I still enjoyed Iron Man and Sherlock but I'dreally want to see Him play a role he hasn't played before.. In that one with his wife giving birth with that comedian... I feel he fell flat on his face. And I really can't think of any other movies I've seen him in, besdies those 3.. and Tropic Thunder. (loved that movie)

edit: Oh and the 2nd Indiana Jones movie, just because of that annoying little kid.

....dude

Short Round made that movie

Haha, just came up with the connection that Short Round is a mini Jar Jar. Always knew they were both annoying but never made that last step. :p