DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Game of Thrones - Mafia by Darthe and Ithillian - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

Darthe

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is interesting. Songstress, tell me, were you recruited by the third party recruiter, or are you saying keep me alive because you want to keep on converting people?

That is interesting. Songstress, tell me, were you recruited by the third party recruiter, or are you saying keep me alive because you want to keep on converting people?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Ridiculous phone. I am not third party, I have not been recruited, and I am not a recruiter of any sort. I am town, as I have said, and while I do not win with town, I count among the town.

I have not at any point in this game said to keep me alive. I do not expect to have a chance to win this game at this point due to my unusual win condition. I would have hammered Kae myself if there was the opportunity.

Khal Drogo waszsn't the character I was expecting from Kae. Maybe thatsds cause I honetsly forgot all about Drogo. I am having a bit of troubel wrapping my brain around this. I will try again in the moorning when I am sobber.

Khal Drogo waszsn't the character I was expecting from Kae. Maybe thatsds cause I honetsly forgot all about Drogo. I am having a bit of troubel wrapping my brain around this. I will try again in the moorning when I am sobber.

Quoted for Drunk Mafia™ posterity. :wink:

Quoted for Drunk Mafia™ posterity. :wink:

Shorter posts are easier for me to be carefull with typing when drunk.

did she fakeclaim on your QT? how sneaky. After you went to all the trouble to recruit her too. How ungrateful. :tongue:

Okay so I'm back at work so I can get back to getting more active again. Might as well jump right in!

I'm glad my scumdar hasn't been completely broken this game, I had Mynd pegged as scum and was seriously doubting Len's alignment after the random lynch mess. I still thought it weird tho, at the time, that Lenlo didn't vote for me, altho I do have a couple of theories. One possibility is that they might have wanted the vote to go to random, because if it took out a townie they'd have an even easier job of setting up a lynch for me the next day. This would be a somewhat risky move, yes, since the random lynch could have hit a mafioso, but knowing Mynd he's probably still coaching them on their QT so it wouldn't surprise me too much if this was the case. The other thing I'm considering, which also seems more likely, is that the mafia team was worried that Tress hammering me might somehow give her some kind of abilities, in case they thought I was bluffing about my character claim and was actually some kind of pretender for the throne. Either way, I think if I get a chance later I'm going to go back and review that situation as well as a few others that stood out.

The Kae situation was indeed very bizarre. I wouldn't really think of Khal Drogo as being a bomb like character, but perhaps once someone is recruited by either the mafia or third party, they become a bomb or something. I gotta hand it to the mafia team btw, that was pretty well played diverting Andrew's vote onto Kae, effectively having him take the blast. Kinda feel bad for Andrew, he was really griefed pretty hard by non-townies this game for some reason.

One other thing I wanted to comment on as it only recently came to mind, was that after seeing a lot of other stuff pan out, at this point I'm thinking Peace might actually be third party instead of town. It was pretty bold coming out and claiming unprovoked like he did, and with such a questionable character at that, but in retrospect it might have actually been pretty genious. Here's the thing: at the time, altho a few had discussed the possibility of a third party, it hadn't been verified yet, so by claiming early Peace could keep himself from being FOS'd as third party. The other thing is, as Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister, I could easily see him being a vig, but maybe even a serial killer as well. Regardless, it seems much more likely that the character Jaime would be third party instead of town, since he really does only care about himself pretty much.

If Peace is the vig, I obviously have no problem with his target selection, as he's taken out 2 scum and a third party godfather for us, but if he is third party, that would make him not of the town...

As I said, I'll try to review the game tonight and post more thoughts later if I can

Morning all :)

Today the weather is foggy with a hint of drizzle. It hasn't stopped raining for around 3 months. It's like a crap British version of Monsoon, apart from it's happening when our summer should be.

Did Darthe ever post a deadline?

*yawns*

Alright so here's the dead characters so far:

Tyrion

Melisandre

Jon Snow

Maester Pycell

Cersei Lannister

Varys

Robb Stark

Petyr Baelish

(Hodor)

Khal Drogo

Barristan Selmy

Ned Stark

Then we have claimed characters:

Peace-Jaime Lannister

Turin-Bronn

Tress-Stannis

me-Lysa Arryn

...? Has anyone else claimed that I'm leaving off?

Characters I'm almost certain are still in the game:

Joffrey Lannister

Theon Greyjoy

Daenerys Targaryen

There's some other characters I think might be in this game, but I don't want to gift wrap a fake claim for mafia to use.

Here's the list of those who haven't claimed yet (might not be 100% accurate):

4. Bgrishinko 2.0 (while playing as Tiinker, hinted at a character that didn't seem very town aligned but still was)

5. TinaHel (I thought I remember her dropping hints that she served House Stark, but I haven't been able to find the posts yet)

14. Rand al'Thor (hasn't claimed a character from what I remember but has claimed an investigative role that detects recruitment)

15. Razen (don't think he's claimed anything yet, has he?)

16. Basel 2.0 (hasn't said as much since he replaced Kudaran, pretty sure he hasn't claimed)

21. Dicetosser (TMD was pinging me more and more before he got replaced, I'm very wary of this one)

What do yall say about a mass claim? Of those who haven't claimed yet, I'm more wary of those that replaced others, and of those Dicetosser sticks out the most to me

did she fakeclaim on your QT? how sneaky. After you went to all the trouble to recruit her too. How ungrateful. :tongue:

I don't know if she did or not... why don't you go check the QT, and let us all know? Deflecting much, Turin?

Morning all :)

Today the weather is foggy with a hint of drizzle. It hasn't stopped raining for around 3 months. It's like a crap British version of Monsoon, apart from it's happening when our summer should be.

Did Darthe ever post a deadline?

*yawns*

Hopefully it clears up some for the Olympics. I don't think an Olympics filled with rain will be pleasant.

Despo what is pinging you about me? is it TMD related stuff or do my total of ..what 2? 3? posts set the needle on your scum counter going?

Naw it's all TMD stuff really. And you're not high on my scumdar really, but out of those who haven't claimed you're the one I'd like to hear most from

What are you talking about Dice?

And btw, can you and Basel answer my question please? What are your thoughts on a mass claim?

It seems like a good time for it, gets all the cards on the table, and I doubt there are that many scum or third party peeps out there so it will mainly help town

Right now, the third party is the bigger threat at this time. They can recruit - and given the fact that they had a godfather, I'm leaning heavily towards it being a type of cult. So we gotta find the recruiter.

I know that I am not the recruiter. Rand said he detects whether people's alignments have changed, and he did point us to Kae, so he can probably be eliminated from the recruiter role. As Despo pointed out, Tina hinted at serving House Stark, so she probably wouldn't be some type of a recruiter either.

I'm wondering if Turin is the recruiter. Because if Tyrion flipped godfather, the guy that worked for him would probably have to know something about that, wouldn't you think? Maybe not much, but I'm heavily doubting that Turin is town right now.

A mass claim would help narrow that possibility down, but recruitment is a tricky thing. Even alignments that you would think have to be a certain way (like any remaining Starks being town) would have to be called into question. I'm up for it come morning.

i dont like claims Despo. I was mafia in ithi's Sith game where they all claimed and we majorly used it against them.

Im also REALLY unsure about how many are left this has a lot of people in it how many MAFIA have we found so far?? cause im worried there may be 5 or 6 of them plus the third parties. I think its possible that razen is right about Turin maybe being a recruiter or at least in the know about the third parties but im thinking we need to worry about the mafia more as from the VERY little understanding i have of third parties they are usually small groups arnt they?

First of all Dice, if there were 5-6 mafia left, and third party out there that can still potentially recruit, the game would have been over by a couple of phases (/math'd)

Second, Third party groups don't have to be smaller. It just has to do with how the game is setup and everything. All third party means is that they don't win with town, but they don't win with scum either. They're Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing. For instance, Tress is somewhat hinting at a possible third party type role with what she's saying her role pm states, even tho she says she's still "part of the town" it does give you some pause.

Third, and this is something I'm worrying about more and more, is that something was referenced, much earlier in the game, that seemed to resonate with a number of players, and now that we've seen both a mafia recruiter and a converted townie-third party flip. I'm def concerned that the third party can in fact, continue to recruit, which makes them by far the biggest threat.

Which brings us to the mass claim. I don't suggest that we get all our claims on the table to somehow vet eachother's alignment, which could have changed multiple times since the start of the game. I'm talking about trying to whittle away the playing field so as to try and find the third party recruiter, and possibly Joffrey as well

Archived