DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

Stop talking about the movie! It's not fair to some of us.My mom was going to send me to the midnight showing for an early birthday present and she forgot to get a ticket. *pouts*

That sucks :( I kind of wanted to go to a midnight showing, but I always go with my whole family, since we're all HP nerds, and I can tell you my mom and dad would not be up for a midnight showing LOL. Anyway, it's probably a good thing, because for some reason I was really tired yesterday, and I might not have been so alert for a midnight showing either.

So, we're going early evening - before the nighttime crowd hits.

VC coming up. Actually, I'm going to shower, and then post a VC. Need to get the chlorine out of my hair.

I was going to go by myself and my mom would probably have picked me up. I know people who went to it last night too. :sad:

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Distracting is right and confusing, too . . . I feel like a spectator at a tennis match! Back, forth, back, forth . . .

Jack has given his reasons and while many of us think it was hasty and ill-advised, it is what it is. It has made some suspicious of him and with others it has provided a bit of vindication (for lack of a better word). Anyway, my vote is currently on Jack, but my radar is pinging pretty hard on Nolder, too. Honestly, so many posts and so much analyzing makes me think he's trying to obfuscate the issue and hide behind the confusion, which is a pretty sound scum tactic, IMO. I haven't seen any signs of collusion between Nolder and Key but maybe I need to go back and do a re-read and look for it. Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there. Until I see otherwise, I'm inclined to believe Key. Then again, if she is scum, claiming Hermione could be a brilliant survival strategy, especially if she's working with Nolder.

Points to ponder, for sure. Hopefully, I'll get a chance at a thorough re-read tonight (can't really do that at work, which is where I've had to follow most of the game thus far).

Vote Count:

Nolder (5) - Bela, Ed, Jack, Red, Tina

Jack (2) - Daruya, AJ

Not Voting (9): Sakaea, Lessa, Nolder, Lia* Zosime, Tynaal, Key, Tina, Ithillian

*Not checked in

Deadline is Sunday, July 17 @ 1PM CST.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

I see a teamwork between Nolder and Alanna. Nolder is laying the ground for Keys reveal. Nolder says we may have to give up powers (maybe cop with the diadem) to destroy horrocruxes and that anyone that is Harry, Ron or Hermione should reveal. (That could be right of course - not arguing with that.) I think they are trying to get players to give horrocruxes to Key - cos Hermione is one that have destroyed one in the books/movies. Mafia would of course want to have the horrocruxes. Then on top of that Key is now "vulnerable" so a doc could protect her. Wouldn´t that be perfect? Key looks good, being Hermione, gets horrocruxes and makes the doc protect her and open up for a teammate to kill more easily.

Trying not to metagame to much but Key usually isn´t this active so that is a little part of my suspicious of her.

Vote Nolder since he is the one that has most votes on him of the two of them.

About Jack - maybe you did right but I also think it was to early.

Also FOS Ithi with her comment that nothing stands out at the moment. Really? After 9 pages already on day one?

Yes, I did write the wrong name. I guess if you read the text it´s clear that I meant Key.

I got time to read the last pages anyway. I won´t move my vote right now. I have to say that Nolder did a great job starting this game but I think this whole Nolder - Key thing is strange.

We have some players that mostly post fillers. Then we have some that post but just trying to stay in the middle of the action with all doors open ( for example Sakaeas "Jack and Nolder is scummy but is probably town" or Ithis "noone stand out"). And then we have some that haven´t posted much at all. From previous games I have been in I have learned that lurkers can be very bad for town. I hope more players will post their thoughts.

I'm here as well, at the beach though, so I'm a bit MiA till Monday. But I agree with what has been said so far.

And while Nolder does seem to be scummy, I don't feel right voting him or Jack. They don't seem scummy enough.

My vote is on Key cause her reveal is super suspicious to me. I feel that Nolder wasn't pressing that hard and why on earth should she reveal? Neither she nor the town was in any danger if she didn't reveal. It doesn't seem rational. Now after revealing she would be in so much more danger and as she is so seemingly casually relying on the "doctor/ healer" to rescue her, I think she's honestly not afraid of being NK (indicating scum) unless her item enables her to save herself.

2. I killed song, I had my reasons

6 Zo has contributed meh, but it is day 1 and again not that big of a deal. Makes me look at er more though

8. Song died

2. The reason you gave was that she was going to be inactive. So, apparently you're pre-cognitive and know what a person s going to do in a game. Congratulations, I'm not impressed by your flimsy reasoning.

6. Yes, there is now a giant neon sign hanging over my head because I posted a reaction to Song being killed. Just in case you hadn't noticed, I wasn't the only one who said something.

8. Can we say callous? Actually, scratch that. Scummy is more like it.

Zo and Nolder

I'm going to vote one of you most likely. Why should I vote one over the other?

Why do I suddenly fell like I'm on a reality show and have to defend myself? Do we get individual tiki torches, because that'd be awesome.

I'll address this more after the next quote.

I love you asking questions Tina.

Zo and Nolder

you should probably vote Zo because if I'm lynched I will flip town and if you are in fact town that will lead to you being lynched as well for shooting song and then contributing on me

also if you vote Zo I hope you have a good reason

because I haven't really seen anything from Zo that I thought was overly scummy

To be honest, I have nothing to add to what Nolder has said. In fact, I mirror his sentiments. He hasn't seen anything scummy, and I haven't done anything scummy. So go ahead, do whatever you will.

I'm here as well, at the beach though, so I'm a bit MiA till Monday. But I agree with what has been said so far.

And while Nolder does seem to be scummy, I don't feel right voting him or Jack. They don't seem scummy enough.

My vote is on Key cause her reveal is super suspicious to me. I feel that Nolder wasn't pressing that hard and why on earth should she reveal? Neither she nor the town was in any danger if she didn't reveal. It doesn't seem rational. Now after revealing she would be in so much more danger and as she is so seemingly casually relying on the "doctor/ healer" to rescue her, I think she's honestly not afraid of being NK (indicating scum) unless her item enables her to save herself.

You don't think asking for character reveals and killing a townie on Day One are scummy enough? Interesting.

As for my reveal, I already stated that in hindsight I shouldn't have done it. At the time, though, I was feeling pressured - especially if I tried to come out later and I was voted because people agreed with Nolder that the trio wouldn't be in the game. Then I peobably would have been voted for not coming out earlier. Nolder even said as much in his case - that he woild automarically vote someone later.

As for relying on tbe doctor so much, well, there's not anythinf I can do now other than that, is there?

Vote me if you want, but I'm telling the truth.

2. I killed song, I had my reasons

6 Zo has contributed meh, but it is day 1 and again not that big of a deal. Makes me look at er more though

8. Song died

2. The reason you gave was that she was going to be inactive. So, apparently you're pre-cognitive and know what a person s going to do in a game. Congratulations, I'm not impressed by your flimsy reasoning.

she wasn't active in DPR's game and I thought I read somewhere she was going to be busy. Not pre-cognitive, just using common sense. We are most likely going to lynch a townie today also, but I guess saying that is scummy to. Actually my reasons were solid. You may nit like then, but there is no flimsiness in my thinking

6. Yes, there is now a giant neon sign hanging over my head because I posted a reaction to Song being killed. Just in case you hadn't noticed, I wasn't the only one who said something.

actually no, that's got no bearing, saying something about song being killed is just saying something. Your over reaction however is telling. You saying you have a neon sign is auch a woe as me townie line. It's like your saying I can't be mafia because I'm a target. Classic.

8. Can we say callous? Actually, scratch that. Scummy is more like it.

scummy? How so? Saying something doesn't make it so without reason. It was a joke.

Zo and Nolder

Why do I suddenly fell like I'm on a reality show and have to defend myself? Do we get individual tiki torches, because that'd be awesome.

I'll address this more after the next quote.

I love you asking questions Tina.

Zo and Nolder

you should probably vote Zo because if I'm lynched I will flip town and if you are in fact town that will lead to you being lynched as well for shooting song and then contributing on me

also if you vote Zo I hope you have a good reason

because I haven't really seen anything from Zo that I thought was overly scummy

To be honest, I have nothing to add to what Nolder has said. In fact, I mirror his sentiments. He hasn't seen anything scummy, and I haven't done anything scummy. So go ahead, do whatever you will.

Actually that was a trap question. Nolder fell for it by trying to get you lynched over himself and then threatening if he is lynched then I'll be lynched. That was a reaction I was looking for.

The townie thing to do would have been voted me. Since you came the closest and tried to defend Nolder a little, I'm more willing to lynch him at this time. Added to all the other reasons I have said I fund him scummy

And you have done scummy things. You've posted a few times in the thread and basically said nothing. The only time this game has saw any real participation from you is now and you basically OMGUS me and call me scummy without evidence or reason. That is scummy.

Actually that was a trap question. Nolder fell for it by trying to get you lynched over himself and then threatening if he is lynched then I'll be lynched. That was a reaction I was looking for.

The townie thing to do would have been voted me. Since you came the closest and tried to defend Nolder a little, I'm more willing to lynch him at this time. Added to all the other reasons I have said I fund him scummy

And you have done scummy things. You've posted a few times in the thread and basically said nothing. The only time this game has saw any real participation from you is now and you basically OMGUS me and call me scummy without evidence or reason. That is scummy.

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't voted yet. So it can't really be an OMGUS can it? And I believe my reason for calling you scummy was your killing of Song. You supplied no valid reasoning for your actions, and it does come off as being scummy. I'm not the only one who has noticed this. And as for participation, of course I'm piping up now. It's starting to get interesting. I cannot help that I am one of those who does not speak unless she has something to say.

You dont have to vote to OMGUS someone.

I have reason for doing so. I am town, I thought the townie play was to use the vig shot. I did so and went for a target who would, if town, cause the minimalist damage to the town. I've repeatedly said so, and most people found my quick shot more scummy then my target. If I would have waited until night phase then it wouldn't have been a big deal.

That's the thing. You have participated but only filler posts. It took a question and suspicion pointed at you to get involved. There have been plenty of relevance for you to post about, because you posted after different scenarios that you just collectively threw at me and called me scummy for.

Now Sakea has went quiet after her over reaction. :-/

Also Nolder it is distracting. See mine and your back and forth it is distracting. If you think I'm scum vote me and move on. People pushing the issue are trying to distract from the game. I said why I did it, don't like it then again vote me but pages and posts filled with the same arguments is distracting.

I highly disagree

discussion is good it's not distraction

it's more or less the game

how do we decide who to lynch? we look at what people say and choose the one we like the least

if you're done talking that's fine

just stop responding to me

I'm responding to everyone who addresses me so you can hardly say I'm being unfair or tunneling if that's where you were going with "distracting"

Any townie on another townie' lynch has killed a townie before. I made a decision to help the town by removing a role that in scum hands could do massive damage towards endgame. I used it on a player who has not been active and showed no signs of becoming active. Another hinderance to the town.

If I wouldn't have used it. I wouldn't ve posting so my scum hunting abilities would be null.

yes but they don't usually also confess to having killed someone with a one shot vig power by page 3

Nolder, i thnk your scum. i think your "break dows" and "answers" are an attempt at distracting the town and causing confusion. hence why i neither read your responses to me nor am i responding to them.

read what I just said to jack about "distracting"

also it looked like you read and responded to my posts to me....

do you mean to say in the future you will not?

that's a shame

your quoting every single post to analyze them reeks of an attempt to appear non scummy and to appear as if your trying to help the town and i totally dislike the push for reveals. you seem almost panicky to know who the trio are, and i can only think of scum feeling this way honestly.

you seem to be using the Too Townie argument

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Too_Townie

though I think you've also argued that my reread was not very helpful so maybe not

also I don't know how I seem panicked to you can you explain please?

to the underlined. as i've quoted from Alanna, theif plays don't take effect until the following day (sunrise of the next day) this means theif plays sent in today, wont process until start of Day 2. this means items are usable until then (both Day 1 & Night 1 in our case)

given this, you didn't have to fear the one shot being stolen so long as you used it before Night 1 ended. given this knowledge, i would have held off until closer to the deadline to pull the trigger on someone who was acting scummy and would have given info (ie: Nodler) rahter than a lurker who had a good chance of being town and therefor put our numbers down one from the start and gave us no info from her death.

now while i find the action of you killing her to be susipcous given the circumstances, i also find the fact that you started with the vig kill to be more in your favor as far as alignment. as i've said previously, i can't see Alanna allowing the scum a day kill as well as a NK for fear of balance issues. this alone is why i'm pushing more for Nodler instead of you.

aren't you the one that said earlier that voldemort was most likely to start with the elder wand?

lol this is ridiculous

you give clear evidence that jack is all but confirmed scum and then you try to go after me

your trap question isn't much of a trap imo

also did I not defend Zo "a little"?

you're not very consistent...

given how close I am to a lynch I'm thinking at least one or two mafia's are already on my bandwagon (otherwise they'd just finish me off ASAP)

looking at who's on me I've settled on Jack for a vote

killing Song has poor reasoning

if Song was not active she would have just been replaced or modkilled

not really a hindrance to town

especially since there are no roles, as Jack noted as part of his reasoning for why he killed her

it's been noted that Song is a strong player and a major threat to whichever side she's not on

if Jack is scum he'd know Song was on the other side and would have reason to take her out

the speed Song was killed at is also notable

Jack says he didn't want a thief stealing his item but a successful thief play would not have taken his item from him until Day 2

Jack claims ignorance of this fact but it's outlined in the rules so I don't believe him

even if it is true though you would think he could have waited just a little while longer

Song was killed on page 3, so Jack probably sent the kill in as soon as he saw the game start

there was hardly any votes at the time let alone discussion

he could have waited to see if there was a more dangerous target but he didn't

additionally to how and why Song was killed is the item she was killed with

the Elder Wand

Alanna has stated that items were not given out randomly

all through the Deathly Hallows only one character has ownership of this wand up until the end of the story

that would be Voldemort

Vote: Jack

@Nolder it was an FoS brought on by me questioning Zo so it was an OMGUS. It just wasn't a vote she's calling me scummy because I called her scummy. That's OMGUS.

I do not agree

however you can definitely argue that my vote on you is OMGUS, though I believe it was well reasoned and has little to do with you voting me in the first place

She never said the items weren't given randomly. She just said that she never said they were.

Just saying. An your vote wasn't OMGUS. It was grasping but not OMGUS. You used reasoning you thought warranted a vote.

I wouldn't have admitted in killing song if I wanted it to stay hidden. I'm pretty sure I could have spun my way around it. Even if the wand was stolen from me. I could of said I never had it, it must of been gifted and then stolen. So there was no logic for me to come forward.

Archived