DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

I really don't think anyone is voldemort or the trio

we're in hogwarts and we're supposed to defend it

they are not here

it doesn't make sense with the flavor for anyone to be those characters

but if anyone is any of those 4 I think they should claim that now because if they claim it later it might get them lynched despite it being true

so if no one has those characters then there is no need for anyone to claim anything at this point

I'd also like to add that even if I were truly fishing, what could I accomplish?

Alanna has already stated that everyone is vanilla and it's the items that give us role powers

why would knowing who is ron and who is hermione hurt the town?

That's what you think; that's not necessarily the case.

you're right

it's just what I think

and while I'm pretty sure I'm right I also admit that I could be wrong which is why I'm asking anyone with those four roles to please claim

And yes it does make sense, because in the second half of the book the trio comes back to Hogwarts to fight - that's where it's all going down after all.

yeah they come back for the fight

we're not in the fight yet

this game takes place before the battle of hogwarts

Why would it get them lynched later? Just because you don't think they are in this game? Also, why would anyone claim Voldemort ever?

Despite what you are saying, it's fishing.

you wouldn't find someone claiming to be ron on day 3 scummy? I would

but that's because I'm almost 100% positive flavor dictates they should not be in this game

I'd try my best to lynch someone if they claimed any of those four roles later

and yeah no one would ever claim voldemort but it doesn't hurt to ask does it? =P

it's fishing for what though?

please tell me what harm there could be for anyone to claim their character

I'll claim mine if you want

I doubt it matters

Because we can guess that they would have good items. Also, it leaves them open for a NK, or, well, I guess just kill since they are happening during the day, if they don't have an object that can protect them. Even MORE so if both of them claim and neither has an object that can protect them - then even if there is a protecting object, whoever has it could only save one.

that's assuming they started with items right?

I'm pretty sure not every player starts with an item

also anyone is open to a kill as far as we know

and hey if some newbie is harry and claims and gets killed for it that just means he took a bullet for a more experienced player

while it would suck the newbie wouldn't get more experience at least he was valuable in that regard

also if they don't have an item what's the problem with them getting killed?

someone has to die

wouldn't we rather it be people without items first?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel better about you now Nolder. Didn't say the quotes were bad just different and spammy. Over spamming day 1 vote spam

oh yeah totally

I mean a lot of the posts I was "analyzing" was spam so I just had to say "ok and this is spam too...moving on..."

if I was going to claim the trio or voldemort I would do it now

none of those are my role character

So, you want them to reveal as a member of the trio if they are to be 'safe', but then you say this which would make them targets anyway.

I'm gunna go ahead and reveal. I killed song. My item was the elder wand and I still have it. It was a one time big shot. With the theif plays I didn't want the scum getting an extra kill and using it later in the game when it could really hurt the town. I knew I wouldn't take out a power role by using it because all roles are in items. I also knew using it day 1 would be best because town can afford it more earlier in the game if I hit a townie, which I did. I also knew song wouldn't be that active and an inactive townie will hurt the town more and more as the game went on and if she were scum well the town would be a lot better off if I took her out. Now I've got a used elder wand without a vig shot.

hmmmmm

why is using the elder wand only a one shot thing?

why is the item not used up?

if someone steals it do they then get a shot? what if you're killed?

if I was going to claim the trio or voldemort I would do it now

none of those are my role character

So, you want them to reveal as a member of the trio if they are to be 'safe', but then you say this which would make them targets anyway.

what I'm saying is if they claim before we lynch someone today I wont really think TOO much of it

it's still suspect IMO but maybe Alanna just didn't put too much thought into flavor (even though she said she did) I don't know

if they claim later I don't think there's anything they can say that will stop me from voting them

IMHO it makes no sense for those characters to be in this game

so basically if they don't fess up they have an auto enemy in me

that's all I'm saying

and hey if some newbie is harry and claims and gets killed for it that just means he took a bullet for a more experienced player

while it would suck the newbie wouldn't get more experience at least he was valuable in that regard

someone has to die

I'm sure they did. They would be most likely.

Kinda, that also means that his item would go to random, so it could go to a baddie.

I didn't say that they didn't have items, I just said they might not have items that would protect them.

You know what, screw it. Lol in the games I've played with you, you've never let anything go once you come up with it. (Not trying to insult, just going by game play.)

I'm Hermione. And I have an item.

Because THEY are the ones that FIND AND KILL the HORCRUXES.

you have a point I guess but as has been noted there's more than one way to destroy a horcrux

besides it's been hinted that we need the SoG so that's probably how we're going to destroy the horcruxes

I doubt we'd need specific characters to do it

what would we do if jack shot harry, we lyched hermione today, and ron was killed by the mafia tonight? would it be game over?

doesn't quite make sense eh?

I dislike your reveal key. You will now be a prime target for a theif play by the mafia and town. You will be a prime nk target if your telling the truth. There was no benefit in the reveal and I'm not sure if I trust it.

you have a point I guess but as has been noted there's more than one way to destroy a horcrux

besides it's been hinted that we need the SoG so that's probably how we're going to destroy the horcruxes

what would we do if jack shot harry, we lyched hermione today, and ron was killed by the mafia tonight? would it be game over?

I said that because that's a reason that they are in this game, not that they are completely and utterly the only way to win. Still, I am betting that they have the items needed to destroy the horcruxes. What if all three of their items went into bad guy hands during the random distribution? Then, I'm guessing, would potentially be game over.

someone has to die

I'm sure they did. They would be most likely.

I guess we'll agree to disagree on that point

mafia always needs some vanilla roles so I really don't think everyone started with an item

Kinda, that also means that his item would go to random, so it could go to a baddie.

I didn't say that they didn't have items, I just said they might not have items that would protect them.

fair enough

but that's still a danger for anyone

it's not exclusive to the trio

You know what, screw it. Lol in the games I've played with you, you've never let anything go once you come up with it. (Not trying to insult, just going by game play.)

yeah

I can and will argue to the death

sorry about that

also

really? like for real?

hmmmmmmmmmm

man this game is getting weird

I almost regret forcing discussion

jack claims he killed song and now a character I did not expect to see at all is claiming

and...you claimed an item? why?

I'd say you should gift it to someone ASAP so it doesn't get stolen but it feels like it's too early in the game to even trust anyone

I dislike your reveal key. You will now be a prime target for a theif play by the mafia and town. You will be a prime nk target if your telling the truth. There was no benefit in the reveal and I'm not sure if I trust it.

Seriously, it's a damned if I do and damned if I don't situation. If you're town, steal my item and find out. Then gift it back to me once you know that I'm telling the truth.

I'd only be NKed if no one has an item that can protect me.

It was a one shot because the mod said so

It's used up

If it's stolen the theif can't use it

wouldn't it have been better to leave the one shot thing out then to try to get mafia to steal a useless item?

it could have helped us catch them if they'd tried

yeah

sorry about that

also

really? like for real?

hmmmmmmmmmm

jack claims he killed song and now a character I did not expect to see at all is claiming

I'd say you should gift it to someone ASAP so it doesn't get stolen but it feels like it's too early in the game to even trust anyone

Yes, for real. For really real.

I claimed an item because I figured that would be your next question. Would it not have been?

Yeah, you're telling me :dry:.

I said that because that's a reason that they are in this game, not that they are completely and utterly the only way to win. Still, I am betting that they have the items needed to destroy the horcruxes. What if all three of their items went into bad guy hands during the random distribution? Then, I'm guessing, would potentially be game over.

I guess you could be right

I dunno

do you want to tell us anything about your item?

yeah

sorry about that

also

really? like for real?

hmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, for real. For really real.

I claimed an item because I figured that would be your next question. Would it not have been?

Yeah, you're telling me :dry:.

are you mad at me? :blush:

and nah

claiming an item seems like a pretty bad idea to me since it just makes you a target for thieves

at this stage in the game I think anyone with items should keep it to themselves

later it might be ok to reveal but for now there's no need to make yourself a thief target

okay so my trade mark WoT's at here :tongue:

UNVOTE VOTE NOLDER

your casing of every post is a bit much even for me and you seem to be taking alot of things out of context and twisting them, not to mention reaching about alot of stuff. your recap was more confusing than helpful and seemed to me like a distraction technique. plus i disagree with alot of things you said which i will get to in this post.

So the items can kill. Or mafia has Day AND Night Kills. Either way,this is scary...

this stood out to me. it's odd that you would think that the it was the Mafia who did this and not a Vig or SK. this post pinged my gut hard so i'm keeping an eye on you.

going off the fact that nagini appears to be a horcrux that a player can have as an item I'm guessing that allows people to daykill

and it looks like the person with nagini (probably a mafia initially? why would town kill someone right away?) killed someone with either the diadem or the cup

Nagini bites, she doesn't give a "flash of light" like what happened to Song. so assuming Nagini is the one that allowed the day kill is imo an attempt at misdirection. if you read the book, then you'd know that at this point Nagini is stuck to Voldy's side like glue because she is a Horcruxe and he's aware that soem of his Horcruxes have been destroyed.

also, to suggest that Nagini wouldn't kill anyone other than Voldemort who gets her is equally absurd. you need to be a Parsletounge to even communicate with her. theres only two Parsletounges in the book series (Harry & Voldemort) and we know from tDH's that Nagini is more than willing to kill Potter as she tried to in Godrics Hallow. not to mention the fact that Voldy has been known to "slip into her skin" and look through her eyes at times due to the fact that she does have a bit of Voldy's soul in her

also to the underlined bit, why would the scum (DE's) want to kill someone with another Horcruxe and possably transfer it to a person who has the means to destroy it. besides that, your also suggesting that those who have Horocruxes know the others who have Horcruxes; which again is misleading and making way too many assumptions.

as for the other two

I dunno

the diadem is ravenclaw and is worn on the head (which implies intelligence, a trait of ravenclaw) so I'm guessing it can give some kind of insight to the game

maybe an investigative role

the cup is...a cup

uhhh hmmmm

maybe it's a protective power? if you drink from it you're protected from being killed?

I dunno that's just me pretending the cup is comparable to the holy grail and such

I have no idea what else it could do

it looks like we have to give up these powers at some point if we want to win

we need the sword first

and where we get that....who knows

I'm guessing we'll be given a clue later

this is even if the Horcruxes will work for people who aren't Voldy. your leaving out the fact that each of those items has a bit of Voldy in it. take the Locket for instance, it twisted a person and made them more evil. even if these items granted powers, would you want to use them? if your town, you want to destroy them, the Horcruxes by nature will fight anything that wants to kill it. i'd rahter destroy a horocruxe than keep it around cause it might give me a power, as that power is likely corupted some how

the only other info that I can glean is that voldemort, harry, hermione, and ron will not be roles in this game

if that's incorrect I think someone should speak up ASAP and claim their character

wow, role fishing. yeah thats always a good idea. 1st no one would claim Voldy as they would be lynched ASAP. 2nd, having the main trio out themselves, especially since we know how important the trio is to defeating Voldy in the books is suicide for the town. this is not only character fishing but dangerous character fishing and benefits the scum more than us.

Boo ya!! first!!!

first player to post in the game

nothing of importance said

though I notice the lack of a random vote which tends to be customary

why is the lack of a random vote right off the back note worthy? its a "custom" in this game thats recently new tbh and not everyone follows it.

Jack

cause we all know Bela is the Creator :rolleyes:

red quickly bandwagons

I'd call this vote non random because of the BW and the fact that if red was going to random vote why not do it in his initial post?

also the humor is meant to make it seem random like everyone else's but to me it just stands out as mafia trying to vote while laying low

FoS

a bandwagon vote implys that Jack already had votes on him. from what i recall, he didn't.

this is another example of the "reaching" i was talking about

Red cos she's a known Death Eater and this is the only chance I will get to do this without having a Wall-of-Text thrown back at me :wink:

seems to be a random vote but does give a reason (known death eater)

I have to wonder if the person with nagini was able to kill maybe the people with the diadem and the locket were able to use their powers ASAP as well

if so...did Ithi maybe use the diadem to find out red is a death eater?

probably not but it's worth wondering about

maybe Ithi will clear it up later

or it could have to do with the fact that i'm very vocal about the fact that Voldy is my fav character from the series and there for classify myself as a DE rather than an Order memeber here on DM. :rolleyes:

again, this is more reaching by Nolder imo

it's interesting that you think that voldemort and harry will actually come into play in this game

Gee, maybe its cause Voldy is the one to attack Hogwarts in the first place and maybe it's because Harry is the only one who can defeat him since DD is dead.

it seems to me that they are going to be intentionally left out

thats your opinion.

I also am kind of confused at how you name locations and spells as if we can travel there and do things

it's called reading the book. if you read Deathly Hallows as well, you'd know this information too. it's not exactly classified material Nolder.

can you go to the shrieking shack or the chamber of secrets? because I was not told that I could

no one said anythign about traveling to anywhere and all i was told was my character, my alignement and wheher or not i had an item; so why make a point of stating the obvious.

i was listing cannon referances becuase i realize not everyone in this game is an HP nerd who used to debate the books for years like i am. my question is, why are you attemtping to make a mole hill out of an ant hill.

this doesn't actually sound like the killing spell to me

wouldn't we have seen a flash of greenlight?

but who knows maybe it was

As far as I am aware (and Alanna would know this as she is a Blue and all) There is no other spell thjat will make anyone die immediately. You could knock them out etc. So I'm assuming she just didn't put "green light" in cause it's either too obvious or she just didn't think of it and we're looking at unimportant details.

it could have also been something to do with the defenses of Hogwarts or a DE or even a potion blowing up. you just don't knwo in hogwarts. also, the AK curse isn't the only spell that wll kill immediately, you also have Seremscepta and the spell Molly uses to kill Bella at the end of tDH's which also lacks the green light of the AK curse.

i agree that these are unimportant details right now as it was likely a Vig or SK

I think the "calm before the storm, the battle not yet started" refers to the battle of hogwarts which takes place at the end of the Death Hallows

i think it was just Alanna telling us that it Song wasn't lynched randomly and to continue on with Day 1 personally.

That's what you think; that's not necessarily the case. And yes it does make sense, because in the second half of the book the trio comes back to Hogwarts to fight - that's where it's all going down after all.

Why would it get them lynched later? Just because you don't think they are in this game? Also, why would anyone claim Voldemort ever?

Because we can guess that they would have good items. Also, it leaves them open for a NK, or, well, I guess just kill since they are happening during the day, if they don't have an object that can protect them. Even MORE so if both of them claim and neither has an object that can protect them - then even if there is a protecting object, whoever has it could only save one.

this, Em hit it right on the head better than i could have.

are you mad at me? :blush:

and nah

claiming an item seems like a pretty bad idea to me since it just makes you a target for thieves

at this stage in the game I think anyone with items should keep it to themselves

later it might be ok to reveal but for now there's no need to make yourself a thief target

lol, no. It's a game. Just frustrated.

I suppose. Just have to be careful who I reply after. Perhaps I'll gift it today instead. If I have one.

That's what you think; that's not necessarily the case. And yes it does make sense, because in the second half of the book the trio comes back to Hogwarts to fight - that's where it's all going down after all.

this, Em hit it right on the head better than i could have.

Thanks Red. *sighs* Where were you 20 minutes ago lol.

It's used up

wouldn't it have been better to leave the one shot thing out then to try to get mafia to steal a useless item?

it could have helped us catch them if they'd tried

Not in this case. A person would have stolen it from me and tried to run a case on me based on my killing song. It's putting 2 and 2 together. Then myself and someone else would have a circus show because they'd think I'm scum and I'd try and prove myself innocent. This way there is no circus show for the mafia to hide behind.

I'm gunna go ahead and reveal. I killed song. My item was the elder wand and I still have it. It was a one time big shot. With the theif plays I didn't want the scum getting an extra kill and using it later in the game when it could really hurt the town. I knew I wouldn't take out a power role by using it because all roles are in items. I also knew using it day 1 would be best because town can afford it more earlier in the game if I hit a townie, which I did. I also knew song wouldn't be that active and an inactive townie will hurt the town more and more as the game went on and if she were scum well the town would be a lot better off if I took her out. Now I've got a used elder wand without a vig shot.

why song? why so soon into the game, the theif plays don't take effect until sun set so you could have waited closer to the deadline when there was more info to go on. i'm curious to know your reasons for picking Song becuase this doens't smell like a townie move and more like a scum with an eager trigger finger

It's used up

this makes sense considering wand lore surrounding the Elder Wand.

I'm not all that big on reveals, nor do I find them always credible. During a previous HP mafia game, a mafia member claimed my character. I definitely tried to cast doubt without actually saying "he can't be Lupin 'cause I am" because I knew it would set me up as a NK target, given Lupin's role as investigator.

So I don't always "buy" reveals, regardless of where they happen in the game.

Key, if you truly are Hermione, I wish you hadn't revealed because it makes you a tempting target for the mafia for a steal and/or kill and for the town for a steal.

Also, I'm only a sporadic mafia player so I probably don't "get" all the strategy that frequent mafia players employ. Still, I think Jack's reasoning for targeting/killing Song is fishy. He says he knew she would not be real active so he killed her to get rid of a potentially inactive townie. Well, how did he know she was town? Only mafia knows who all the town members are!

Unvote, vote Jack

Archived