DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

@Dar I said if she were town she would be inactive and the later the game goes on the more hurtful that is. I said she could have been mafia and if so it would have been a lucky break. I've explained my actions as best I can. Any questions I'll answer

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack i can't say i agree with you targetting her just cause she's inactive and pulling the tirgger so fast.

not to mention the claim of starting off with the Elder Wand makes me think your Voldemort, as Voldemort was the first character in tDH's to use the Elder Wand via breaking into DD's tomb and stealing it.

for game mechanics wise, i can't see Alanna allowing scum to start the game with a day kill or even let the day kill item work for them; but Cannon wise it makes me suspect you even more.

Alanna said items were given at random. You assuming all characters have corresponding items seems like your trying to build a case on me. So you'd rather I of held on to the vig shot and potentially getting it stolen off of me and giving the mafia two potential kills that if held until close to endgame could wrap up the town nicely? I thought my actions were very town conscious.

Wow, somehow I missed a whole page of posts! Probably because it got really busy this morning with people posting . . .

Jack, I'll think on what you've said, but I'm still not convinced. Song wasn't inactive, you just indicated she would be inactive, even after she said she was between training and had time right now. Granted, it does get the elder wand out of play, which is good to keep it out of mafia hands but it was also a tool/weapon that could have been used against mafia (IMO, that would have been a better use for it, though you'd have to hope the whole time nobody stole it from you). I'll give you a benefit of a doubt there but am not quite ready to change my vote yet. If something or someone else pings harder my radar than you do, I'll change it later.

For one Nolder

The whole quote thing then asking for the trio to reveal. It seems like scummy role fishing or saving yourself bac a fake claim for later

how is the quote thing strange?

anyone could see the game was moving at a snails pace so I posted a ton to try to get it moving

what's strange about that?

again what harm could there be in them claiming?

I sincerely doubt that anyone has those roles but if they don't claim now it opens up a big can of worms later

if I was going to claim the trio or voldemort I would do it now

none of those are my role character

You make me really want to vote you Nolder- you're role fishing, which I know has already been brought up, but it's dangerous. The more information you put out there for the mafia to know, the more they WILL know. They already know who is town and who is not, but suggesting the power roles and important characters to reveal, then saying you're not any of those? That's painting plenty of red flags for everyone on you, and now Key has gone and revealed. It's better not to provide any information unless it can be used against the mafia.

I'm gunna go ahead and reveal. I killed song. My item was the elder wand and I still have it. It was a one time big shot. With the theif plays I didn't want the scum getting an extra kill and using it later in the game when it could really hurt the town. I knew I wouldn't take out a power role by using it because all roles are in items. I also knew using it day 1 would be best because town can afford it more earlier in the game if I hit a townie, which I did. I also knew song wouldn't be that active and an inactive townie will hurt the town more and more as the game went on and if she were scum well the town would be a lot better off if I took her out. Now I've got a used elder wand without a vig shot.

I still really don't understand why kill Song. The probability that someone would steal from you is NOT extremely high, and you could have saved that kill for a better time, when you had more information, and you could actually make an educated guess on a better victim or whatever. Now the mafia knows... just because you can use it once doesn't mean others can't use it again, right? As for choosing Song... you don't know if a person will be active or inactive until they start playing the game, and I think it's a little rude to go ahead and assume she wont be playing, so it wont matter if she's dead. Though it's also disappointing that she's gained a rep of being inactive, but that's another matter. I really don't think killing Song day 1 was a good choice.

that's assuming they started with items right?

I'm pretty sure not every player starts with an item

also anyone is open to a kill as far as we know

and hey if some newbie is harry and claims and gets killed for it that just means he took a bullet for a more experienced player

while it would suck the newbie wouldn't get more experience at least he was valuable in that regard

also if they don't have an item what's the problem with them getting killed?

someone has to die

wouldn't we rather it be people without items first?

I'm sure they did. They would be most likely.

Kinda, that also means that his item would go to random, so it could go to a baddie.

I didn't say that they didn't have items, I just said they might not have items that would protect them.

You know what, screw it. Lol in the games I've played with you, you've never let anything go once you come up with it. (Not trying to insult, just going by game play.)

I'm Hermione. And I have an item.

I don't know whether to believe your reveal or not. For now, I'm on the fence, but you are a target, for both a thief play and the mafia. *sigh*

As for my vote, Jack and Nolder are pinging at around the same frequency, but I'll go with Jack for now. Voting!

Jack, i don't know if your doing it on purpose or are quirmming because i hit a never with the character connection thing but read this quote

I've had a few more questions about the thief plays, and I'm going to answer a few by actually quoting Kivam, since I am essentially using his rules regarding thief plays, at least for this bit of play.

Although the triggers for the thefts happen the previous day, the thefts actually occur immediately after sunrise, and in the order that the triggers happened on thread. So:

1) If the player you successfully targeted dies, you get nothing; his relic goes to the first PMer after the death;

2) If you had no relics, successfully stole from someone else, and someone who targeted you was successful in getting you to post after them and after you succeeded in your own theft attempt, the relic will pass through you to the person who targeted you. If they were successful before you were, then they get nothing, and you keep what you stole.

Any more questions?

EDIT: The only difference, of course, is that the item of a dead person doesn't go to the first PMer - in this game, it randomly goes to another player.

see the bolded part? this mean you had not only until after the lynch but also most of the night to use the Death Stick. this is why i find your reasoning for jumping the gun so early to be suspicious.

your casing of every post is a bit much even for me and you seem to be taking alot of things out of context and twisting them, not to mention reaching about alot of stuff. your recap was more confusing than helpful and seemed to me like a distraction technique. plus i disagree with alot of things you said which i will get to in this post.

1. I quoted exact posts, what was taken out of context and/or twisted?

2. I did some speculating yeah, is there a problem with that?

3. it wasn't meant to be helpful exactly, it was meant to spark discussion

Nagini bites, she doesn't give a "flash of light" like what happened to Song. so assuming Nagini is the one that allowed the day kill is imo an attempt at misdirection. if you read the book, then you'd know that at this point Nagini is stuck to Voldy's side like glue because she is a Horcruxe and he's aware that soem of his Horcruxes have been destroyed.

what would you say if I said I haven't read the books?

I have

multiple times

I'm just curious

also I already owned up to being wrong about that bit of speculation

also also I think Nagini is in this game somehow

I don't think she'll be with voldemort (unless voldemort is in this game and that whole thing about the trio and him was wrong (but that's assuming key isn't lying which hasn't been determined yet))

also, to suggest that Nagini wouldn't kill anyone other than Voldemort who gets her is equally absurd. you need to be a Parsletounge to even communicate with her. theres only two Parsletounges in the book series (Harry & Voldemort) and we know from tDH's that Nagini is more than willing to kill Potter as she tried to in Godrics Hallow. not to mention the fact that Voldy has been known to "slip into her skin" and look through her eyes at times due to the fact that she does have a bit of Voldy's soul in her

hmmm that makes a lot of sense

perhaps Nagini will be an actual role then and not an item/horcrux?

also to the underlined bit, why would the scum (DE's) want to kill someone with another Horcruxe and possably transfer it to a person who has the means to destroy it. besides that, your also suggesting that those who have Horocruxes know the others who have Horcruxes; which again is misleading and making way too many assumptions.

when did I suggest that those who have horcruxes know others who have horcruxes? I'm not seeing it

this is even if the Horcruxes will work for people who aren't Voldy. your leaving out the fact that each of those items has a bit of Voldy in it. take the Locket for instance, it twisted a person and made them more evil. even if these items granted powers, would you want to use them? if your town, you want to destroy them, the Horcruxes by nature will fight anything that wants to kill it. i'd rahter destroy a horocruxe than keep it around cause it might give me a power, as that power is likely corupted some how

hmmmm

you could be right

personally I'd take the risk if I had one

but then again I tend to be a gambler lol

wow, role fishing. yeah thats always a good idea. 1st no one would claim Voldy as they would be lynched ASAP. 2nd, having the main trio out themselves, especially since we know how important the trio is to defeating Voldy in the books is suicide for the town. this is not only character fishing but dangerous character fishing and benefits the scum more than us.

1. yeah I already agreed about that, but like I said before it couldn't hurt to ask

2. I doubt it, no role in mafia should be that singly important to towns victory

why is the lack of a random vote right off the back note worthy? its a "custom" in this game thats recently new tbh and not everyone follows it.

fair enough

just seemed a bit odd to be the very first poster and not say or do anything else

a bandwagon vote implys that Jack already had votes on him. from what i recall, he didn't.

this is another example of the "reaching" i was talking about

was there not already a vote?

if not then my mistake

and how is it reaching? I'm not making a case on you or voting you

I was just pointing out things I found suspicious and analyzing posts

nothing wrong with that

or it could have to do with the fact that i'm very vocal about the fact that Voldy is my fav character from the series and there for classify myself as a DE rather than an Order memeber here on DM. :rolleyes:

again, this is more reaching by Nolder imo

this was cleared up after I posted and how is it reaching?

I'm just speculating and asking questions and pointing things out

reaching implies that I'm actually trying to get someone lynched based on my thoughts and that's not the case at all

Gee, maybe its cause Voldy is the one to attack Hogwarts in the first place and maybe it's because Harry is the only one who can defeat him since DD is dead.

but in the context of this game it's death eaters who are attacking hogwarts

we're meant to be holding them off

thats your opinion.

yep it is

also I wish you'd do proper quotes...

it's called reading the book. if you read Deathly Hallows as well, you'd know this information too. it's not exactly classified material Nolder.

no need to get snippy :mellow:

I know the information but whoever it was that talked about going to these places (again I wish you'd do proper quotes...) was talking as if we could somehow "travel" there

it's a mafia game

we can't just go to the room of requirements

our setting is hogwarts and that's it unless Alanna states otherwise

no one said anythign about traveling to anywhere and all i was told was my character, my alignement and wheher or not i had an item; so why make a point of stating the obvious.

I really feel like I should dig up the quote but I'm getting tired and it's making me lazy so I'll just say it was being implied and leave it at that

i was listing cannon referances becuase i realize not everyone in this game is an HP nerd who used to debate the books for years like i am. my question is, why are you attemtping to make a mole hill out of an ant hill.

I'm really not and I'm having a hard time understanding why you think I am

it could have also been something to do with the defenses of Hogwarts or a DE or even a potion blowing up. you just don't knwo in hogwarts. also, the AK curse isn't the only spell that wll kill immediately, you also have Seremscepta and the spell Molly uses to kill Bella at the end of tDH's which also lacks the green light of the AK curse.

I thought Sectemsempra was just a damaging spell?

like it would cut you up and that could lead to death but it wouldn't be an instant kill

i agree that these are unimportant details right now as it was likely a Vig or SK

it was apparently a one shot vig kill

I see you're a little behind still

It was a one shot because the mod said so

It's used up

If it's stolen the theif can't use it

wouldn't it have been better to leave the one shot thing out then to try to get mafia to steal a useless item?

it could have helped us catch them if they'd tried

Not in this case. A person would have stolen it from me and tried to run a case on me based on my killing song. It's putting 2 and 2 together. Then myself and someone else would have a circus show because they'd think I'm scum and I'd try and prove myself innocent. This way there is no circus show for the mafia to hide behind.

yeah that makes sense

I'm not even gonna quote any of the last page. Nolder....just wow. I'm really tempted to say something, because your post have just been....

ugh, really?

You push for reveals, and we explain they might have items, and you're all :ohmy: when Hermoine reveals?

It seems you've been playing for a minute, so please explain to me how you can be so blind to some BASIC game machanics?

I had this earlier, and will post it.

but if anyone is any of those 4 I think they should claim that now because if they claim it later it might get them lynched despite it being true

Again, don't know the storyline, book or movie-wise, so I don't know if they'd be in the scenes or the game, but you are straight out asking for their identities.

*sniffs*

Smells like scum-move to me. Even if you have a good point, asking for id's on Day 1? Tsk.

Ok. big ol trio are the big wigs in this series yes? If they're in the game, they'd have some hefty items. It increases the chances mafia will steal from them. Anyone in fact. Iz no bueno.

This quote from my last post actually sums up what I just said :tongue:

They are most likely to have some hefty items on them, and by revealing themselves, you are encouraging scum to try and steal their items.

you're right

it's just what I think

and while I'm pretty sure I'm right I also admit that I could be wrong which is why I'm asking anyone with those four roles to please claim

Hey guys. I don't think Alanna even knows the layout of the game. I doubt she even has everyone's character for the game listed somewhere.

And because I THINK that, I'm gonna keep pressuring Alanna to post everyone's characters and items.Because...if she tries to post the character when someone dies, or randomly sends me a gift, I won't believe her. BUT, I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking her to please post it.

For one Nolder

The whole quote thing then asking for the trio to reveal. It seems like scummy role fishing or saving yourself bac a fake claim for later

anyone could see the game was moving at a snails pace so I posted a ton to try to get it moving

I sincerely doubt that anyone has those roles but if they don't claim now it opens up a big can of worms later

You make me really want to vote you Nolder- you're role fishing, which I know has already been brought up, but it's dangerous. The more information you put out there for the mafia to know, the more they WILL know. They already know who is town and who is not, but suggesting the power roles and important characters to reveal, then saying you're not any of those? That's painting plenty of red flags for everyone on you, and now Key has gone and revealed. It's better not to provide any information unless it can be used against the mafia.

I don't believe any character is anymore important than another at the moment

we're all just vanilla

at least I am

I can't really speak for anyone else

For one Nolder

we're all just vanilla

at least I am

But there are characters that are more likely to have a power than another, correct? Or is that assuming? You immediately contradict yourself saying we're all just vanilla and then saying you can't speak for anyone else. You can't, so you don't know. I think you're just confused, and that's the problem here.

I'm not even gonna quote any of the last page. Nolder....just wow. I'm really tempted to say something, because your post have just been....

ugh, really?

You push for reveals, and we explain they might have items, and you're all :ohmy: when Hermoine reveals?

It seems you've been playing for a minute, so please explain to me how you can be so blind to some BASIC game machanics?

I don't really understand what you're getting at

I expressed doubt all along that any of the trio would be in the game

it doesn't make sense that I'd be surprised when one claims? it really throws off my sense of how I thought this game was going to be

I had this earlier, and will post it.

but if anyone is any of those 4 I think they should claim that now because if they claim it later it might get them lynched despite it being true

Again, don't know the storyline, book or movie-wise, so I don't know if they'd be in the scenes or the game, but you are straight out asking for their identities.

*sniffs*

Smells like scum-move to me. Even if you have a good point, asking for id's on Day 1? Tsk.

Ok. big ol trio are the big wigs in this series yes? If they're in the game, they'd have some hefty items. It increases the chances mafia will steal from them. Anyone in fact. Iz no bueno.

This quote from my last post actually sums up what I just said :tongue:

They are most likely to have some hefty items on them, and by revealing themselves, you are encouraging scum to try and steal their items.

you could be right I guess

and key's claim backs your idea of things

however I remain skeptical for now at not only keys identity but also about how items were distributed

we have several people who seem to think it goes with flavor (ie harry would have the invisibility cloak, voldemort would have the elder wand, ect) and some who think they were randomly distributed

I can't remember off the top of my head what Alanna said about initial item distribution if anything so I'll ask her right here

Alanna can you clarify how items were initially distributed? sorry if you already put this somewhere

you're right

it's just what I think

and while I'm pretty sure I'm right I also admit that I could be wrong which is why I'm asking anyone with those four roles to please claim

Hey guys. I don't think Alanna even knows the layout of the game. I doubt she even has everyone's character for the game listed somewhere.

And because I THINK that, I'm gonna keep pressuring Alanna to post everyone's characters and items.Because...if she tries to post the character when someone dies, or randomly sends me a gift, I won't believe her. BUT, I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking her to please post it.

your sarcasm is noted

For one Nolder

we're all just vanilla

at least I am

But there are characters that are more likely to have a power than another, correct? Or is that assuming? You immediately contradict yourself saying we're all just vanilla and then saying you can't speak for anyone else. You can't, so you don't know. I think you're just confused, and that's the problem here.

"There are no roles in this game - only items. Not everyone has an item. If you do not have an item, then you are simply vanilla."

from the original post

I can't speak for anyone else

maybe Alanna lied

maybe other people are lying

I don't know

I'm told I'm too suspicious/paranoid of things in mafia so maybe that explains my doubts?

I don't agree obviously but whatevs

So, what does that make those who DO have items?

So what are they not?

Going down a list of important characters, how likely is it that the trio are in the game?

Are important characters more or less likely to have important items?

These questions SHOULD get you to where I'm thinking right now.

:biggrin:

Ugggggh this is why I need sleep! I'm all screwy minded. I just went back to reread the rules -- forgot. I was getting annoyed and ahead of myself. LOL. I'll send myself to bed immediately. :dry::sleep:

lolz, sorry, but I'm a little ticked right now, so this is funny. XD

GO SLEEP!

Wow, you lot posted a ton while I was gone. *did her re-read*

Ok, my thoughts on Jack: don't like that he killed Song, don't like his reasoning. I understand it, but don't like it. Song is big game, so why would you take out a potentially active epic player?

Nolder: his play style is different here than the last game or two I've played with him, not sure what to make of it so far. I kinda like his analysis of every post, I found it useful.

Red: WoTs again. So hard to read for me. I'm getting a general ping from her right now, not sure from what specifically.

Key: not liking the reveal at all. I know Nolder was asking for a reveal, but personally I would not have obliged him.

That's all from me for now. I don't have an opinion on anyone else right now. Oh, and unvote my joke vote.

Key: not liking the reveal at all. I know Nolder was asking for a reveal, but personally I would not have obliged him.

I was getting frustrated. I've been up against him in other games and didn't want to run around in circles a billion times. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have, but yeah.

Archived