DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7. Red likes big posts

lolz

Also, really? Nothing stands out? Being Day 1, that is a lot to be not standing out.

2. I killed song, I had my reasons

8. Song died

Really....kinda look like you were gloating here. :tongue: We know you killed her, you don't have to write that she died.

Also, no offense, correct word would be "murdered."

1. Nolder has played differently in every game I have seen him in so far. The guy is a Mafia Chameleon I swear.

Just had to say, I loved this statement, it made me LOL, and I totally agree with it. Made me think of Mad-Eye Moody disguising Harry :laugh:

9 pages isn't a big deal

@Tina that's a very elaborate and well thought out post. Albeit paranoid but good insight. Here is my generic break down of day 1.

1. Nolder quoted players to have fun and he was bored. It was weird.

2. I killed song, I had my reasons

3. Key revealed with little pressure a main character that may or may not be in the game due to Alanna's opener. I believe hermione is in the game, well I did, until key's reveal.

4. Red came at Nolder, no big deal.

5. Red came at me, no big se

6 Zo has contributed meh, but it is day 1 and again not that big of a deal. Makes me look at er more though

7. Ithi has Broken down the game but doesn't really have an oppinion which is slightly sus, but she could be formulating or something. I will be looking for concrete feelings after a lynch is reached though

8. Song died

9. Ed hasn't really hit my radar yet. Nothing of note that he has posted.

10. Aj has trie to debate over set up Alanna clearly laid out. She is suspect ATM.

11. Tina posted an elaborate paranoid plan which may be the case. I've got a strong town lean on her ecause of it. Scum wouldn't need to work that hard to build a case. If Nolder is town though my strong town lean will just become a town lean.

12. Sakea posts filler and giggles and nothing about ithi's breakdown, Tina's case, or my breakdown. Tsk, that is slightly scummy. We've had a fount of info for day 1 and you ignore it. Like I said slightly. I'll have my eye on you.

So that's everything that ha really happened so far.

Added #12

Wow, you lot posted a ton while I was gone. *did her re-read*

Ok, my thoughts on Jack: don't like that he killed Song, don't like his reasoning. I understand it, but don't like it. Song is big game, so why would you take out a potentially active epic player?

his reasoning was that he knew they would be INactive so if they were town no big loss

Nolder: his play style is different here than the last game or two I've played with him, not sure what to make of it so far. I kinda like his analysis of every post, I found it useful.

believe me I play more or less the same in every game

you'll see

Key: not liking the reveal at all. I know Nolder was asking for a reveal, but personally I would not have obliged him.

well I did kind of press the issue pretty hard

if key isn't lying I basically said "tell me now or I'll just be automatically voting you later"

which is kind of harsh looking back

but at the time I was very sure none of the trio were in the game let alone that I was debating it with one

still not sure what to think about the reveal

*facepalm* VC coming up, but... I just have to say this. I thought I already did, but you people seem to take something I say and get something completely opposite out of it LOL.

I posted that disclaimer to say don't read too much into the flavor. I don't know where some of you got from that that I said there is a lot to get out of the flaovr, because it intended to mean the opposite. Because in my experience, players read way too much into the flavor of my games, and then actually get mad at me later, as if I betrayed them or something.

I guess it seems to you all like I went out of my way to say there are hints in the flavor, but I only say that because again, in my experience, most players assume there is a lot to be gleaned from the flavor and the storylines. When in fact, I usually write up my scenes in about a minute. Not a lot of thought put into them, honestly.

There is no specific time period for this game. It doesn't take place in a certain time in Deathly Hallows. This game is a part of Harry Potter Week, which is all about leading up to Deathly Hallows Part 2. So I will likely include various settings and characters from Deathly Hallows Part 2. But the game itself doesn't necessarily fit into one part of the book or anything like that.

what? really? :sad: :sad: :sad:

well geez you've ruined like most of my speculation and made me look guilty

I mean I did that to myself somewhat I guess but...really?

bahhhh

well at least I know this going forward

I'll deal with the fallout of my speculation as best I can I guess

1. I quoted exact posts, what was taken out of context and/or twisted?

you FoSd me over not having a random vote in my first post and then twisted my post where i listed Cannon info into "she has other game knowldege i don't have" not to mention your "re-cap" had the feel of reaching for it and distraction rather than you claimed attempt of starting discussion. then the accusation of bandwagoning on a player when i was the only one to vote him.

1. so what? why are you so upset that I FoS'd you? I gave a reason for it and I'm not voting you so it should be no big deal imo

2. the word reaching really implies to me something I did not do

I sometimes asked rhetorical questions

this was to show my thoughts on the posts I was analyzing

saying something like "you didn't post much, I wonder if you're hiding something? an item maybe?" is not meant to be answered or even taken entirely seriously

what it's meant to do is illustrate my suspicion of the persons post

I'm sorry if to you it looks like I'm seriously accusing the person of hiding an item but that's not how it is

also look back at the thread

it was on page 3 and dead

it's page 10 now because I kickstarted discussion

I am going to claim responsibility for that because by and large almost everyone is replying or reacting to what I've posted in some way

in what way is this distracting?

speculation on non-spam posts are benifical to the town, yet almost your entire page recap was on majoritily spam posts which give us no info. not to mention alot of your speculating about Nagini in particular and character fishing is just hurtful to the town imo.

I said I would analyze every post that was made and that's what I did

it's not my fault everyone was just spamming

sparking discussion based mostly on spam posts only helps the mafia. the fact you admit it wasn't meant to be helpful say to me i pegged it when i called your "re-cap" nothing more than a distraction technique.

really? ok

sorry everyone we need to go back to not talking

because talking only helps the mafia

vote and say nothing more please

seriously? listen to yourself

we've all stopped spamming and while you may think I'm being distracting (from what again?) what I've done is pushed this game to where it needs to be

we're speculating and sharing information

we're looking at motivations and hunting scum

you're doing it yourself

would you have still been doing it if I hadn't posted all that?

then why try to twist my obvious list of cannon referrances into painting me as scum for game knowledge (ie: how you twisted my cannon list of horcruxe locations and destruction methods)

I didn't twist anything

I asked you if you could travel into the chamber of secrets

the way you mentioned all those locations it was like yeah ok...but how are we supposed to "get" to any of them?

do you see now why it's odd?

you owned up to it after i had posted my WoT. your also taking my quotes out of order.

your...wheel of time? I don't know this acronym sorry

regardless no I owned up to being wrong about speculation before you even showed up and I can quote the exact post if you want

also if I took your quotes out of order I'm sorry

your way of quoting is EXTREMELY annoying and hard to follow so really I'm going to blame that on you

if you'd use proper quotes this would be a lot easier

if she's in this game, i'd likely believe her to be a bomb or something that kills it's holder unless said perosn is Voldemort, given how her character is in Cannon and the fact that she is a living thing.

ehhh

I doubt it

again all roles are supposed to be vanilla

maybe nagini starts off with some kind of item though I don't know

in that case a lynching shoud do well to be rid of her and we don't relaly need to speculate about her as an item like you're trying to do.

I speculated her as an item because she was mentioned alongside the other horcruxes

I see now this may have just been coincidence though

i went back to quote it and found that i had mis read what you wrote. to me it seemed you were trying to say that the Song was attacked by Nagini because she held a horocruxe, which woudl imply that nagini (or the person who has Nagini) knew that Song held a horocruxe. heres the quote below i'm referring to.

going off the fact that nagini appears to be a horcrux that a player can have as an item I'm guessing that allows people to daykill

and it looks like the person with nagini (probably a mafia initially? why would town kill someone right away?) killed someone with either the diadem or the cup

ah I see

yeah no I just meant to say that

PERSON A had nagini as an item and killed PERSON B who also had an item

we now think nagini might be a role in in itself and not an item and we now know it was jack that killed song with the elder wand

we still don't know what that item was though

1. yeah I already agreed about that, but like I said before it couldn't hurt to ask

again, you agreed with it only after i posted that quote and after key's reveal.

I'm going to cut off the rest of your quote here because I think you misunderstand me so there's no point in responding to the rest

I agreed that anyone with the role voldemort would not likely claim the role voldemort but it would not hurt to ask

I said this before you posted not after

2. I doubt it, no role in mafia should be that singly important to towns victory

in this game, i would think that the Sword of Gryffindor is very important to the towns victory and would be suicide to allow a scum to get it.

I'm not sure that the SoG is even in the game as of yet

it was listed as missing by Alanna

however she's since said not to take her flavor too seriously so I dunno

if it is in the game I agree that it's important but I disagree that it will somehow be the sole means for town to win

was there not already a vote?

if not then my mistake

my vote on jack was the 5th post of the game, only two votes had been cast before that, Key for Lia and Jack for Bela. like i said, you twisted it to make me appear scummy and is one of the main reasons i'm voiting you.

that was merely an accident

but think what you like

this is also another reason why i state that your "re-cap" is very scummy and appears to be nothing more than a distraction attempt, as you claim i'm bandwagoning even though you've quoted every post and could clearly see jack had no votes on him. not paying attention much?

distracting from what again?

and yeah I made a mistake

I said sorry

not much else I can do about it

and how is it reaching? I'm not making a case on you or voting you

I was just pointing out things I found suspicious and analyzing posts

nothing wrong with that

so your just pointing out stuff you foudn suspicious? even though half your recap was to comment that a post was spam or just a D1 silly vote? there is soemthing wrong with that Nolder, its called distracting the town.

distracting town from...?

this was cleared up after I posted and how is it reaching?

I'm just speculating and asking questions and pointing things out

reaching implies that I'm actually trying to get someone lynched based on my thoughts and that's not the case at all

reaching is that your pointing out stuff that has no bases to finding scum and twisting it with throwing a FoS on it. reaching is calling attention to spam posts just to say "these are spam" so you appear to be doing good for the town because you have a WoT and everyone assumes no scum woudl post a WoT.

you stink to high heaven Nolder, and honestly if your goign to play this way, imo its too harmful to the town later on to leave you alive for long.

yeah...no

honestly I think you're the one reaching here

you're taking my little reread and trying to make it seem scummy in every possible way when in reality all it is is some quotes with my thoughts on them

if you don't like my thoughts I'm sorry but they are what they are

but in the context of this game it's death eaters who are attacking hogwarts

we're meant to be holding them off

like ilth said, it was a joke vote based on non-game related stuff. i mean, during Blue week we are putting Voldy on trial and i am voldy's defense attorney. not to mention that like i've already said, it's well known here on DM i'm a Voldy fan girl.

this is why i call it reahing & twisting, because you use a spam non-game related joke vote to make an assumption that another player has insider info and cast the FoS on her.

I'm reaching and twisting?

girl I'm not even from DM

look at my join date

look at my post count

look where all my posts have been

how in the world would I know about your damn in-joke with your friends?

no offense but that's ridiculous

I could not know that was what was being referenced and made the best assumption that I could

I don't know about your blue week or your fake trial or any of that

I was later corrected and the joke explained to me and I dropped it

TL;DR I don't know you, how could I know about your in-joke? it makes no sense

yep it is

also I wish you'd do proper quotes...

it's easier just to answer the quote internally when its bigger than worrying about whether i have the correct quote tags. this is why i color my text red, and also allows me to address specific parts of a quote without making my WoT into the GWoT. (GWoT = Great Wall of Text)

ooooooh Wall of Text

I get it now

also I'd much rather read a wall of text than have to find your words nestled in my own quotes

and please explain what you mean by "proper" quotes. because out of my 2 years playing Mafia i've never been told i don't quote properly. quote too much, yes, twist words, yes; but never that i don't quote properly so i'm confused as to what you mean.

by properly I meant with quote tags

or at the very least quoting things "like this" if you're feeling lazy and don't want to use quote tags

no one talked about goign to places until you stated this. and this is after i stated in my post that it was cannon info as i said "if we also follow cannon, then we know where the remaining Horocruxes are and what is used to kill each of them" in the same post i listed the locations and such. yet heres your response

I also am kind of confused at how you name locations and spells as if we can travel there and do things

can you go to the shrieking shack or the chamber of secrets? because I was not told that I could

and bingo, you twist it to sound like i have insider info and that i suggested things which i most certaintly did not.

yeah you really did

you're talking about these specific places like we can go there

why mention them in context with the items if we can't go there?

we can't just go to the RoR and grab the diadem

the diadem is probably already in the game

I thought Sectemsempra was just a damaging spell?

like it would cut you up and that could lead to death but it wouldn't be an instant kill

depends on the strength of the spell caster as well as where you're cut at. for instance, Snape uses thsi spell to cleaning sever Fred's ear off. if aimed at the throat, it woudl act as an instant kill imo.

well if it cut his spinal cord maybe

otherwise he'd just bleed out (albeit very quickly)

but yeah ok so it just cuts people

got it

Ok my thoughts.Sorry if any of these have been cleared up because I might have missed them.

Nolder:Why have the trio reveal? Honestly?And Voldy? No one in their right mind would claim him because they would be lynched.

Jack:Why Song? You can't know that she would have be inactive, you just can't.

Also, why would Alanna lie? She's Modgoddess. She wouldn't lie, ever.

Also, Nolder I think you're over reacting just a tad too much. Yes I get that because you analysed all posts that you got everyone talking but it doesn't mean that people won't stop spamming. It's been known to happen when no one is on and people are bored. We would have eventually started talking more seriously but you got the ball rolling. For that I say awesome job, it's what we needed.

1. Nolder has played differently in every game I have seen him in so far. The guy is a Mafia Chameleon I swear.

thank...you? I think?

no maybe not...

I swear I'm the same at all times

it's always really strange to me when people say I'm playing differently

maybe it's because sometimes I'm lazy and just don't post as much

2. I thought his commenting on all the initial posts quite humerous actually - maybe he was just having a bit of fun with us.

well like I said I did get bored with all the spam posts so I tried to spice them up a bit just to keep myself entertained

I'm glad you found them amusing too though

3. I did not feel comfortable with the request to reveal characters at this point or his reasons for thinking HP and the main gang would not be present in this game. Alanna is an HP fan - she was never going to leave the main characters out of this game just for a sense of 'making it true to the books'

really?

well flavor is everything to me in a mafia game

if you're ever in a game I'm hosting keep that in mind

I make no promises about balance though :biggrin:

He can only talk to himself for so long lol.

right?

people get on my case sometimes for posting too much but really I'm just replying to things

if you're done talking to me stop replying and so will I (unless there's something specific I want addressed, but that's different)

Ok my thoughts.Sorry if any of these have been cleared up because I might have missed them.

Nolder:Why have the trio reveal? Honestly?

because I didn't think they'd be in this game

but everyone, even alanna, is pointing me in the other direction so I guess I was wrong about that

And Voldy? No one in their right mind would claim him because they would be lynched.

pretty much

I see a teamwork between Nolder and Alanna.

alanna is the mod

I don't understand...

Nolder is laying the ground for Keys reveal.

that would have been brilliant (imo)

I wish we were scumbuddies and that I'd thought of it :tongue:

I think they are trying to get players to give horrocruxes to Key - cos Hermione is one that have destroyed one in the books/movies.

this is not something I advised

in fact I'd suggest people not do that

we don't know if her claim is legit or not yet

Vote Nolder since he is the one that has most votes on him of the two of them.

well that isn't a scummy vote at all

no sirree

I love you asking questions Tina.

Zo and Nolder

I'm going to vote one of you most likely. Why should I vote one over the other?

you should probably vote Zo because if I'm lynched I will flip town and if you are in fact town that will lead to you being lynched as well for shooting song and then contributing on me

also if you vote Zo I hope you have a good reason

because I haven't really seen anything from Zo that I thought was overly scummy

by the way I agree with Tina about Ithi

it's odd that she wouldn't have any substantial opinion by now

we've had a claim, a claimed townie murdering another townie on day 1, lots of spamming and reposting, some big arguments boiling up

and 10 pages worth of material

you don't even have a single suspicion Ithi?

The reason I would be votin zo is lack of contribution even though she has posted. She hasn't really said anything pertinent to the game. I am more inclined to vote you based on your answer.

It takes more then scum to lynch an innocent player. There has to be innocents on the lynch. You suggesting automatically that if I have reason to be on a lynch and the supposed scummy lynchee flips town, then I'll be next to be lynched is a very good set up on myself for later in the game. That way you can just call down and say he shot song, and voted for player x who was innocent to be lynched. I dislike that early set up Nolder, it seems a little to unpolished. Since it was rather obvious, I doubt that was what you are doing but I'll file it away as a possibility.

Wow, you lot posted a ton while I was gone. *did her re-read*

Ok, my thoughts on Jack: don't like that he killed Song, don't like his reasoning. I understand it, but don't like it. Song is big game, so why would you take out a potentially active epic player?

Nolder: his play style is different here than the last game or two I've played with him, not sure what to make of it so far. I kinda like his analysis of every post, I found it useful.

Red: WoTs again. So hard to read for me. I'm getting a general ping from her right now, not sure from what specifically.

Key: not liking the reveal at all. I know Nolder was asking for a reveal, but personally I would not have obliged him.

That's all from me for now. I don't have an opinion on anyone else right now. Oh, and unvote my joke vote.

12. Sakea posts filler and giggles and nothing about ithi's breakdown, Tina's case, or my breakdown. Tsk, that is slightly scummy. We've had a fount of info for day 1 and you ignore it. Like I said slightly. I'll have my eye on you.

So that's everything that ha really happened so far.

Did you totally miss my above post?

And I'm not ignoring anything; I just haven't had any comment yet. I read everything. So far, I think you and Nolder are the scummiest actually, you for killing Song (yes, I know your reasoning, you don't have to reiterate it), and Nolder for getting Key to reveal. Unfortunately, even tho I think those were scummy moves, I suspect you're both prob town. So please don't say all I've posted is filler and giggles. I find it irritating, as well as staggeringly inaccurate, and am seriously tempted to throw a YAMGA vote at you.

Now your threatening a vote on me for posting an trying to get reactions. All from one line in a post. That's very over reactive. And then you say Nolder and myself are the scummiest two, but you think we are town. Setting it up so you can lynch either of us and escape culpability?

The reason I would be votin zo is lack of contribution even though she has posted. She hasn't really said anything pertinent to the game. I am more inclined to vote you based on your answer.

what didn't you like about my answer?

It takes more then scum to lynch an innocent player. There has to be innocents on the lynch. You suggesting automatically that if I have reason to be on a lynch and the supposed scummy lynchee flips town, then I'll be next to be lynched is a very good set up on myself for later in the game. That way you can just call down and say he shot song, and voted for player x who was innocent to be lynched. I dislike that early set up Nolder, it seems a little to unpolished. Since it was rather obvious, I doubt that was what you are doing but I'll file it away as a possibility.

if you don't like it maybe you shouldn't have shot song

or maybe you shouldn't have admitted it

this will hang over your head for the rest of the game

don't blame me for your decisions

I'm just telling you the truth here

any time a townie is lynched and you were on that lynch all eyes will go to you and wonder if you aren't in fact mafia

Now your threatening a vote on me for posting an trying to get reactions. All from one line in a post. That's very over reactive. And then you say Nolder and myself are the scummiest two, but you think we are town. Setting it up so you can lynch either of us and escape culpability?

No, I'm saying that if I was going to vote you, it would be a YAMGA vote. And if I think you're town, why would I want to lynch you? And I realized I was overreacting as I posted it, but decided I didn't care. That's how it hit me, so I posted what I thought. I also wanted to see how you would react, and you reacted exactly as I thought you would. So I learned what I needed to know, and when I logon tomorrow, I'll see what to do with what I learned.

Good night, everyone.

Archived