DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's nothing I can do to help

well

I guess I could reveal the item I'm holding but that might help scum so I dunno

it's unfortunate I was lynched first because there's still a chance you're town Jack and I'm pretty sure this is going to blow back on you tomorrow

good luck with that

Meh, I couldn't vote in fear of being the next probable lynch. If people want me gone then they should go fir it. I vote how I vote and do what I do. To reach an end I desire. If your mafia, brilliant set up right there calling me town so people think I'm scum

All day you put my townieness in question, by saying if I were town why would I make certain plays. Now your saying I stand a chance of being town. There is no way to win with you :p

Vote Count:

Nolder (8) - Bela, Ed, Jack, Red, Tina, Lessa, Daruya, Key

Jack (2) - AJ, Nolder

Key (1) - Tynaal

Not Voting (6): Sakaea, Lia* Zosime, Key, Tina, Ithillian

*Not checked in

Deadline is Sunday, July 17 @ 1PM CST.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Harry has arrived in Hogsmeade, and not long after him, others began to pile in, through Aberforth's pub, into the Room of Requirement, prepared to help Harry and battle against Voldemort and his Death Eaters. One of those to arrive through the pub is Luna Lovegood, who arrives with Dean Thomas. As everyone begins to filter out to get ready to battle, however, Luna runs afoul of the Carrows, still prowling the corridor. She fights as best she can, but in the end, she is killed.

(Nolder) Luna Lovegood, Town, has been lynched.

It is now Night. You have until Wednesday, July 20 @ 9PM CST to get in any night actions.

Oh, crud -- Nolder was town! Sorry, Nolder. :sad: Makes me wish I had kept my vote on Jack ...

Why? Thing would have went random and another townie would have died most likely and we would have less info. Now I feel better about Key being town and better about Sak being mafia. That statement seems to have been made to make yourself look townie. That bothers me.

Oh, crud -- Nolder was town! Sorry, Nolder. :sad: Makes me wish I had kept my vote on Jack ...

Why? Thing would have went random and another townie would have died most likely and we would have less info. Now I feel better about Key being town and better about Sak being mafia. That statement seems to have been made to make yourself look townie. That bothers me.

I made that statement because it was against my better judgment that I changed my vote and voted Nolder. I guess it wouldn't have changed anything anyway, because someone else would have probably jumped on the bandwagon; I just didn't want the deadline to arrive without a majority. In this case, the majority was wrong -- but that's a mafia game and lynching innocents happens in all of them. We can, however, regret lynching an innocent. Or does that bother you, too?

I made that statement because it was against my better judgment that I changed my vote and voted Nolder. I guess it wouldn't have changed anything anyway, because someone else would have probably jumped on the bandwagon; I just didn't want the deadline to arrive without a majority. In this case, the majority was wrong -- but that's a mafia game and lynching innocents happens in all of them. We can, however, regret lynching an innocent. Or does that bother you, too?

I'm just stating facts. If it bothers you don't post it. I find that to be a major scum tell. Also the whole spinning this at me as if I don't care to make me look scum is also scummy IMO.

sucks to lose an innocent and i look forward to playing in future games with you Nol. on the up side, atleast his death wont be in vain, as theres loads of info surrounding him.

i did a re-read of Day 1 and pulled these quotes below for reasons i'll explain when D2 rolls around. so right now i'm more of marking them for future use so i don't have to go digging for them again.

:blink:

So the items can kill. Or mafia has Day AND Night Kills. Either way,this is scary...

this doesn't actually sound like the killing spell to me

wouldn't we have seen a flash of greenlight?

but who knows maybe it was

As far as I am aware (and Alanna would know this as she is a Blue and all) There is no other spell thjat will make anyone die immediately. You could knock them out etc. So I'm assuming she just didn't put "green light" in cause it's either too obvious or she just didn't think of it and we're looking at unimportant details.

she specifically said she'd be dropping hints and clues in her flavor posts

I don't think it's an unimportant detail

edited out the rules and such

going off the fact that nagini appears to be a horcrux that a player can have as an item I'm guessing that allows people to daykill

and it looks like the person with nagini (probably a mafia initially? why would town kill someone right away?) killed someone with either the diadem or the cup

as for the other two

I dunno

the diadem is ravenclaw and is worn on the head (which implies intelligence, a trait of ravenclaw) so I'm guessing it can give some kind of insight to the game

maybe an investigative role

the cup is...a cup

uhhh hmmmm

maybe it's a protective power? if you drink from it you're protected from being killed?

I dunno that's just me pretending the cup is comparable to the holy grail and such

I have no idea what else it could do

it looks like we have to give up these powers at some point if we want to win

we need the sword first

and where we get that....who knows

I'm guessing we'll be given a clue later

the only other info that I can glean is that voldemort, harry, hermione, and ron will not be roles in this game

if that's incorrect I think someone should speak up ASAP and claim their character

Uhhh, I don't like this....

Sounds like "role" fishing. Or character fishing.

As much as I admire your misinterpretation of my second post back there....that was more of a spam post. lolz, and I think Red just loves HP. Too much. :laugh:

But, although, I like your motivation. Your slight insistence that some of the main characters reveal themselves is disturbing. They are most likely to have some hefty items on them, and by revealing themselves, you are encouraging scum to try and steal their items.

Vote Nolder

For being Day 1. This is enough for me right now.

Also, just fyi, I will try to be posting more normally, but I am in class through next week, and have things to do. Tonight being a test and cleaning my room. >.<

I really don't think anyone is voldemort or the trio

we're in hogwarts and we're supposed to defend it

they are not here

it doesn't make sense with the flavor for anyone to be those characters

but if anyone is any of those 4 I think they should claim that now because if they claim it later it might get them lynched despite it being true

so if no one has those characters then there is no need for anyone to claim anything at this point

I'd also like to add that even if I were truly fishing, what could I accomplish?

Alanna has already stated that everyone is vanilla and it's the items that give us role powers

why would knowing who is ron and who is hermione hurt the town?

That's what you think; that's not necessarily the case. And yes it does make sense, because in the second half of the book the trio comes back to Hogwarts to fight - that's where it's all going down after all.

Why would it get them lynched later? Just because you don't think they are in this game? Also, why would anyone claim Voldemort ever?

Despite what you are saying, it's fishing.

Because we can guess that they would have good items. Also, it leaves them open for a NK, or, well, I guess just kill since they are happening during the day, if they don't have an object that can protect them. Even MORE so if both of them claim and neither has an object that can protect them - then even if there is a protecting object, whoever has it could only save one.

I'm gunna go ahead and reveal. I killed song. My item was the elder wand and I still have it. It was a one time big shot. With the theif plays I didn't want the scum getting an extra kill and using it later in the game when it could really hurt the town. I knew I wouldn't take out a power role by using it because all roles are in items. I also knew using it day 1 would be best because town can afford it more earlier in the game if I hit a townie, which I did. I also knew song wouldn't be that active and an inactive townie will hurt the town more and more as the game went on and if she were scum well the town would be a lot better off if I took her out. Now I've got a used elder wand without a vig shot.

I'm sure they did. They would be most likely.

Kinda, that also means that his item would go to random, so it could go to a baddie.

I didn't say that they didn't have items, I just said they might not have items that would protect them.

You know what, screw it. Lol in the games I've played with you, you've never let anything go once you come up with it. (Not trying to insult, just going by game play.)

I'm Hermione. And I have an item.

It was a one shot because the mod said so

It's used up

If it's stolen the theif can't use it

Wow, you lot posted a ton while I was gone. *did her re-read*

Ok, my thoughts on Jack: don't like that he killed Song, don't like his reasoning. I understand it, but don't like it. Song is big game, so why would you take out a potentially active epic player?

Nolder: his play style is different here than the last game or two I've played with him, not sure what to make of it so far. I kinda like his analysis of every post, I found it useful.

Red: WoTs again. So hard to read for me. I'm getting a general ping from her right now, not sure from what specifically.

Key: not liking the reveal at all. I know Nolder was asking for a reveal, but personally I would not have obliged him.

That's all from me for now. I don't have an opinion on anyone else right now. Oh, and unvote my joke vote.

Yeah, in hindsight I shouldn't have revealed. You know, what we've all been talking about :tongue:.

No. I said maybe I would gift it today. If I actually have one. I didn't say to who or even if I was going to.

I see a teamwork between Nolder and Alanna. Nolder is laying the ground for Keys reveal. Nolder says we may have to give up powers (maybe cop with the diadem) to destroy horrocruxes and that anyone that is Harry, Ron or Hermione should reveal. (That could be right of course - not arguing with that.) I think they are trying to get players to give horrocruxes to Key - cos Hermione is one that have destroyed one in the books/movies. Mafia would of course want to have the horrocruxes. Then on top of that Key is now "vulnerable" so a doc could protect her. Wouldn´t that be perfect? Key looks good, being Hermione, gets horrocruxes and makes the doc protect her and open up for a teammate to kill more easily.

Trying not to metagame to much but Key usually isn´t this active so that is a little part of my suspicious of her.

Vote Nolder since he is the one that has most votes on him of the two of them.

About Jack - maybe you did right but I also think it was to early.

Also FOS Ithi with her comment that nothing stands out at the moment. Really? After 9 pages already on day one?

Really....Please read your posts....then take them and apply it to you actions before you harass other people.

It's a little hypocritical.

I, for one, think Key is who she says she is right now, though, the whole fight it like crazy then up and reveal is suspicious.

Yes, I did write the wrong name. I guess if you read the text it´s clear that I meant Key.

I got time to read the last pages anyway. I won´t move my vote right now. I have to say that Nolder did a great job starting this game but I think this whole Nolder - Key thing is strange.

We have some players that mostly post fillers. Then we have some that post but just trying to stay in the middle of the action with all doors open ( for example Sakaeas "Jack and Nolder is scummy but is probably town" or Ithis "noone stand out"). And then we have some that haven´t posted much at all. From previous games I have been in I have learned that lurkers can be very bad for town. I hope more players will post their thoughts.

I'm here as well, at the beach though, so I'm a bit MiA till Monday. But I agree with what has been said so far.

And while Nolder does seem to be scummy, I don't feel right voting him or Jack. They don't seem scummy enough.

My vote is on Key cause her reveal is super suspicious to me. I feel that Nolder wasn't pressing that hard and why on earth should she reveal? Neither she nor the town was in any danger if she didn't reveal. It doesn't seem rational. Now after revealing she would be in so much more danger and as she is so seemingly casually relying on the "doctor/ healer" to rescue her, I think she's honestly not afraid of being NK (indicating scum) unless her item enables her to save herself.

2. I killed song, I had my reasons

6 Zo has contributed meh, but it is day 1 and again not that big of a deal. Makes me look at er more though

8. Song died

2. The reason you gave was that she was going to be inactive. So, apparently you're pre-cognitive and know what a person s going to do in a game. Congratulations, I'm not impressed by your flimsy reasoning.

6. Yes, there is now a giant neon sign hanging over my head because I posted a reaction to Song being killed. Just in case you hadn't noticed, I wasn't the only one who said something.

8. Can we say callous? Actually, scratch that. Scummy is more like it.

Zo and Nolder

I'm going to vote one of you most likely. Why should I vote one over the other?

Why do I suddenly fell like I'm on a reality show and have to defend myself? Do we get individual tiki torches, because that'd be awesome.

I'll address this more after the next quote.

I love you asking questions Tina.

Zo and Nolder

I'm going to vote one of you most likely. Why should I vote one over the other?

you should probably vote Zo because if I'm lynched I will flip town and if you are in fact town that will lead to you being lynched as well for shooting song and then contributing on me

also if you vote Zo I hope you have a good reason

because I haven't really seen anything from Zo that I thought was overly scummy

To be honest, I have nothing to add to what Nolder has said. In fact, I mirror his sentiments. He hasn't seen anything scummy, and I haven't done anything scummy. So go ahead, do whatever you will.

I'm more inclined to believe you are town now Zo. But not entirely. Usually newer players will call another player scum because they have been called scum by that player. They do that because they know they are town and since the other player can't see that they must be mafia.

Or

You could be a newer scum who is trying to set a player up but missing on the subtlety. I'm inclined towards the first option.

Also

Mafia is awesome. It gets addictive though

My thoughts for Day One

Started with random voting as is usual for mafia. Jack commented on where he thinks the horcruxes are, as did Red. People talked about the movie and Ed asked that no one mention a bunch of HP stuff. Alanna asked that no one talk about the movie and Song was killed. Jack comments on her death being random and asked why someone would take a shot. Key agreed that it was random. Nolder voted for Key because of her shifty eyes. Ed suggested that mafia has Day Kills as well as Night Kills or a Day SK. Nolder comments on his thoughts about the horcruxes and he procced to ask that those who are hermione, harry, ron and voldemort reveal their roles. Ithy said that role reveals so early in the game is not good and I agree with her. Tynaal comments on Song's death. Nolder then comments on every single post made. Tynaal and Nolder comment back and forth and Ithy makes a few commments in between. Bela comments on Song's death and Ed votes for Nolder as does Jack. Nolder asks why they voted for him. Key comments on Nolder asking the trio or voldemort to reveal and Jack also commented. Jack then reveals that he killed Song saying that he knew she'd be inactive. Nolder makes a case against Key and she askes why he wants the trio to reveal and he says that he doesn't believe the trio or voldemort are in the game. Key reveals that she is Hermione. Key and Nolder go back and forth. Red votes for Nolder and gives her reasons. Daruya votes Jack and gives her reasons. AJ comments and votes Jack. Nolder comments on Red's posts and Ed comments on Nolder's posts. Nolder responds to Ed's comments. Jack says AJ is pinging him. Sakaea, myself and Key unvote. Alanna modspeaks about flavor and Red comments on Nolder. Ithy comments and Tina says she sees teamwork between Nolder and Key. She votes for Nolder. Jack comments and people talk. Nolder responds to Red, myself, Tina and Jack. Sakaea and Jack talk and people talk about the movie. Jack and Nolder go back and forth and Red comments every now and then. Daruya comments and I vote Nolder for distracting. Tina comments on Ithy and Tynaal votes for Key. Zo comments on Jack and Nolder and Jack responds. Key comments about her reveal. Jack comments and so does Nolder, Nolder votes for Jack. Jack and Nolder talk between themselves. I ask why Nolder finds my vote scummy saying that I'm echoing and trying to bandwagon. Zo, Nolder and Jack talk and Ed comments on Jack. Tina states her thoughts.

I'm only not voting Nolder so far, because I was in a thief play (will be successful if he isn't lynched) and Lol it's so exciting to play with such things for the first time that I want his item! If he had one. :tongue:

But I guess a controlled lynch is of best interest for the town. I'm hesitant to vote though as my vote will be the hammer. Unless I'm mistaken?

Meh, I couldn't vote in fear of being the next probable lynch. If people want me gone then they should go fir it. I vote how I vote and do what I do. To reach an end I desire. If your mafia, brilliant set up right there calling me town so people think I'm scum

Ugh. I missed the deadline. Well, fart. I can't believe we lost a Townie, and Luna is one of my favorite characters, too.

And I got quoted by Red! That's exciting.

I can hear y'all's brains just a going trying to analyze my post.

Oh..Luna Lovegood was one od my favourite characters too...along with Weasley twins. Nolder being town suprised me -and didnt yet i just put my vote on him,cause he was pinging my alarm(i have always wanted to say that lol :P)-yes its sad to lose a townie in the first lynch.

I seriously need a reread though long posts with quotes scare me.

And...i wonder what is my quote doing on Red's quote wall.I have a feeling that it is gonna be unpleasent >.<

And side note: wish me luck guys! my exam results will be announced on Thursday,and i am too nervous...

Archived