DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

Weekends are crazy here and I'm sure I'm not the only one who runs ragged on the weekend. I had an extra kid for today and we all went shopping because one of my kids will be leaving tomorrow to go to youth camp with the church for a week. Tonight is laundry and packing and tomorrow is church and waving good-bye. *gulp*

The deadline is tomorrow, though, and I'm not sure we have the majority for a lynch on anyone. Also, I haven't seen anything that influences me to change my vote for now so I'm staying put with my vote.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why you waited for me to call your fluff posts scummy to come out and say my actions are scummy? Because it was an OMGUS.

I'm curious, I'm not picking on you or anything, but do you play much mafia. I haven't saw you around?

*laughs* Am I that obvious? I've only played a handful of games thus far. So, I guess I'm still a total newb.

I'm more inclined to believe you are town now Zo. But not entirely. Usually newer players will call another player scum because they have been called scum by that player. They do that because they know they are town and since the other player can't see that they must be mafia.

Or

You could be a newer scum who is trying to set a player up but missing on the subtlety. I'm inclined towards the first option.

Also

Mafia is awesome. It gets addictive though

Having reread the thread I've decided to Vote Nolder. You're distracting from the game and that's very, very scummy.

I don´t like this "you are distracting" thing. I don´t like it in any game. Someone can try to distract other players but it is the other players job to see through it and don´t let themselves be distracted. This is not directed only to you Sakaea but to everyone that use this. I still think Nolder is scummy but I like that he and others talk a lot. It makes it easier in the run to hunt down mafia.

where is everyone else?

this is a slow game...

Weekend Nolder, they aren't going to be here much until Monday afternoon. So it's probably me and you for a while.

Same here.

And I think people worry about thief plays.

It´s funny because I usually have more times at weekends. Tonight I´m taking my daughter to a circus though. - End of spam.

I hope the worries for thief plays doesn´t silence people but I think you could be right.

Unofficial vote count

Nolder (6) - Bela, Ed, Jack, Red, Tina, Lessa

Jack (3) - Daruya, AJ, Nolder

Key (1) - Tynaal

Not voting - Sakaea, Lia, Zosime, Key, Ithi

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

My thoughts for Day One

Started with random voting as is usual for mafia. Jack commented on where he thinks the horcruxes are, as did Red. People talked about the movie and Ed asked that no one mention a bunch of HP stuff. Alanna asked that no one talk about the movie and Song was killed. Jack comments on her death being random and asked why someone would take a shot. Key agreed that it was random. Nolder voted for Key because of her shifty eyes. Ed suggested that mafia has Day Kills as well as Night Kills or a Day SK. Nolder comments on his thoughts about the horcruxes and he procced to ask that those who are hermione, harry, ron and voldemort reveal their roles. Ithy said that role reveals so early in the game is not good and I agree with her. Tynaal comments on Song's death. Nolder then comments on every single post made. Tynaal and Nolder comment back and forth and Ithy makes a few commments in between. Bela comments on Song's death and Ed votes for Nolder as does Jack. Nolder asks why they voted for him. Key comments on Nolder asking the trio or voldemort to reveal and Jack also commented. Jack then reveals that he killed Song saying that he knew she'd be inactive. Nolder makes a case against Key and she askes why he wants the trio to reveal and he says that he doesn't believe the trio or voldemort are in the game. Key reveals that she is Hermione. Key and Nolder go back and forth. Red votes for Nolder and gives her reasons. Daruya votes Jack and gives her reasons. AJ comments and votes Jack. Nolder comments on Red's posts and Ed comments on Nolder's posts. Nolder responds to Ed's comments. Jack says AJ is pinging him. Sakaea, myself and Key unvote. Alanna modspeaks about flavor and Red comments on Nolder. Ithy comments and Tina says she sees teamwork between Nolder and Key. She votes for Nolder. Jack comments and people talk. Nolder responds to Red, myself, Tina and Jack. Sakaea and Jack talk and people talk about the movie. Jack and Nolder go back and forth and Red comments every now and then. Daruya comments and I vote Nolder for distracting. Tina comments on Ithy and Tynaal votes for Key. Zo comments on Jack and Nolder and Jack responds. Key comments about her reveal. Jack comments and so does Nolder, Nolder votes for Jack. Jack and Nolder talk between themselves. I ask why Nolder finds my vote scummy saying that I'm echoing and trying to bandwagon. Zo, Nolder and Jack talk and Ed comments on Jack. Tina states her thoughts.

Sorry I haven't been around guys. I PMed Alanna, but I guess I forgot to post here. My husband's grandmother went into the hospital on Friday and we've been doing family stuff or at the hospital ever since. I'll be at work this week though, so I will be back to my usual activity. Will probably do a reread tomorrow as I need to get to laundry and stuff that has gone to heck since we've been camped out at the hospital.

Well, as I haven't been around either, I will definitely gives you guys an extension. Day 1 will end Monday, July 18 @ 6PM CST.

So heads-up, my internet has been out and it still out. I'm off all day tomorrow, so I know I can go to my aunt's to get on in the evening for the deadline and such, but I won't be on a lot throughout the day like I normally would be, and this could be for another few days. Just letting you know. I can still keep up with the game, of course, but if you shoot me a PM or something and I don't get it to very quickly, that's why.

Everything is silent. Are Jack and Nolder still alive? :biggrin:

Hasn´t deadline come and gone?

1. I made my play for the day

assuming no new information comes to light I have nothing further to say and will not be changing my vote

2. I just got back from seeing HP7.2, it was basically an all day thing

Everything is silent. Are Jack and Nolder still alive? :biggrin:

Hasn´t deadline come and gone?

1. I made my play for the day

assuming no new information comes to light I have nothing further to say and will not be changing my vote

2. I just got back from seeing HP7.2, it was basically an all day thing

I was just kidding. You and Jack are often the loudest players you know. :biggrin:

you guys, i'd rather have a controlled lynch rather than a random lynch so we need to decide who were goign to lynch and get a move on. we got lucky sicne Alanna extended the deadline, but we can't count on luck like Harry can. sicne Nodler is the vote leader, it woudl be easier to get a majority on him; but at this point i'd be fine with moving my vote to jack as well.

sonce he's claimed to be pete, and purely metagamming here, it makes me suspect his kill on song even more tbh. it's been ages since i've played with pete and his style coudl have changed. of course, i never liked using metagamming as a reason for lynchign a person anyways :laugh: btw *glomps jack* welcome back to the game bro!!! we;ve missed you and your awesome games. when you gonna mod one for us??

Tynaal's late vote on Key makes me suspect her. it stinks of vote distancing especially with it so close to the deadline which falls on the weekand. i can understand not agreeing with the vote, but as town sometimes its more important to vote a mojority even though you dont agree with how the lynch is going. scum love a random lynch; so FoS @ Tynaal. plus her defense of Nol and saying there wasn't pressure for a reveal doesn't sit well with me.

You don't think asking for character reveals and killing a townie on Day One are scummy enough? Interesting.

As for my reveal, I already stated that in hindsight I shouldn't have done it. At the time, though, I was feeling pressured - especially if I tried to come out later and I was voted because people agreed with Nolder that the trio wouldn't be in the game. Then I peobably would have been voted for not coming out earlier. Nolder even said as much in his case - that he woild automarically vote someone later.

As for relying on tbe doctor so much, well, there's not anythinf I can do now other than that, is there?

Vote me if you want, but I'm telling the truth.

i'm on the fence about your reveal Key, but i do agree with what your saying. Nol was basically saying "if your a main character reveal now or i'll push for your lynch later" if your a main character, you would feel pressured by this to reveal, especially if you believed most of the town was of the same feeling.

tynaal bares watching, even if Nol & Key flips town, tynaal could be scum using this confusion to set up lynches and cause us a controlled lynch.

aren't you the one that said earlier that voldemort was most likely to start with the elder wand?

lol this is ridiculous

you give clear evidence that jack is all but confirmed scum and then you try to go after me

i said Voldy is the likely one to end up withthe Elder wnd yes, but i also said that for balance purposes of the game, i can't see Alanna allowing the scum a Day kill off the bat. so no, this doesn't make jack confirmed imo, and i need more info to make a judgemet off of it. don't twist my words for your benefit.

i've stated my resons why your a better lynch than Jack and i stand by them.

additionally to how and why Song was killed is the item she was killed with

the Elder Wand

Alanna has stated that items were not given out randomly

all through the Deathly Hallows only one character has ownership of this wand up until the end of the story

that would be Voldemort

not to be a cannon laywer or anything (i just can't help myself honestly when it comes to HP)

ownership of a wand is much more differnet than having the wand in your possession. Voldy NEVER had true ownership of the wand during any point of the series, as we recall, the wand never worked properly for Voldy.

and the underlined statement is a blatant lie. DD had possesion of the wand through half of the book until Voldy defiled his crypt and stole it. again, this is different than ownership, as was stated by Olivander. Ownership of a wand means you have the wands alliegence; in this case Draco had ownership of the wand until Harry disarmerred Draco in Malfoy manor.

stop trying to mislead the town and if your going to cite cannon to back up your FoSing of a player i'd suggest you get it right; becaue it only makes you look more scummy imo.

Your rhetoric was the part that look like your setting me up. Saying, "if I were town, why would I want the attention?" which puts my townies in question where as if you would ask " if you were mafia, why would you want the attention?" which puts my scumminess in question over my townieness. See subtle differences.

I think out all of my actions. And only act when I weigh options. Some of you will know that from playing with me some. Nolder, I'm surprised you don't.

The wording makes sense now.

^^ this

Okay, those of you who have played mafia with me know that I hate, hate, hate changing my vote, especially via a bandwagon. But as a random modkill due to no lynch can be worse for the town than a controlled lynch, I'll grit my teeth and change my vote. I'm not convinced that Jack is town, by any means, and if Nolder flips town my suspicion will increase even more (as in exponentially).

So, in the interest of a controlled lynch, unvote and vote Nolder.

Voldy never owned the wand. Dumbeldore, Draco, and Harry had the wand in the books. Just saying.

Also Red, I've got a game planned for og. Nothing like my usual stuff but it will still be one of my games.

Tynaal's late vote on Key makes me suspect her. it stinks of vote distancing especially with it so close to the deadline which falls on the weekand. i can understand not agreeing with the vote, but as town sometimes its more important to vote a mojority even though you dont agree with how the lynch is going. scum love a random lynch; so FoS @ Tynaal. plus her defense of Nol and saying there wasn't pressure for a reveal doesn't sit well with me.

I'm only not voting Nolder so far, because I was in a thief play (will be successful if he isn't lynched) and Lol it's so exciting to play with such things for the first time that I want his item! If he had one. :tongue:

But I guess a controlled lynch is of best interest for the town. I'm hesitant to vote though as my vote will be the hammer. Unless I'm mistaken?

Voldy never owned the wand. Dumbeldore, Draco, and Harry had the wand in the books. Just saying.

Also Red, I've got a game planned for og. Nothing like my usual stuff but it will still be one of my games.

send me a PM when you get teh sign ups going!! your games are one of the games i never want to miss :baalzamon:

Yeah it's going to be a 16 player game. No more, no less. I don't know if I'm still a big draw around here so I don't know how long spots will stay open. I'll put you in the sign up list so you can't miss it. -end of plug

We have roughly 7 hours before the deadline.

I don't really think that's enough time to change who we're voting for.

Vote Nolder.

I hope he flips scum because even if that means I'm next, at least the mafia will be down one.

Archived