DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week: Mafia Game ON!

Alanna

Not sure what to think of the reveal, Key. But if it's truthful, it was wrong, imo.

And yet, in hindsight you shouldn't have? Didn't you also say you'd prolly gift him your item? o_O

As for jack. >.<

I've done the exact same thing....lolz, so idk. I was Town at the time.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, in hindsight I shouldn't have revealed. You know, what we've all been talking about :tongue:.

No. I said maybe I would gift it today. If I actually have one. I didn't say to who or even if I was going to.

Ahh, excuse me. I was skimming through the last page because I got tired of all the bs that was there. lolz

>.<

*facepalm* VC coming up, but... I just have to say this. I thought I already did, but you people seem to take something I say and get something completely opposite out of it LOL.

I posted that disclaimer to say don't read too much into the flavor. I don't know where some of you got from that that I said there is a lot to get out of the flaovr, because it intended to mean the opposite. Because in my experience, players read way too much into the flavor of my games, and then actually get mad at me later, as if I betrayed them or something.

I guess it seems to you all like I went out of my way to say there are hints in the flavor, but I only say that because again, in my experience, most players assume there is a lot to be gleaned from the flavor and the storylines. When in fact, I usually write up my scenes in about a minute. Not a lot of thought put into them, honestly.

There is no specific time period for this game. It doesn't take place in a certain time in Deathly Hallows. This game is a part of Harry Potter Week, which is all about leading up to Deathly Hallows Part 2. So I will likely include various settings and characters from Deathly Hallows Part 2. But the game itself doesn't necessarily fit into one part of the book or anything like that.

Jack - you just shot up my list to #2. you seriously have no reply conrecning the quote i posted from Alanna concerning theif plays and are still using the "i didn't want scum to get the kill" as your defence for pulling the trigger so quickly.

1. I quoted exact posts, what was taken out of context and/or twisted?

you FoSd me over not having a random vote in my first post and then twisted my post where i listed Cannon info into "she has other game knowldege i don't have" not to mention your "re-cap" had the feel of reaching for it and distraction rather than you claimed attempt of starting discussion. then the accusation of bandwagoning on a player when i was the only one to vote him.

2. I did some speculating yeah, is there a problem with that?

speculation on non-spam posts are benifical to the town, yet almost your entire page recap was on majoritily spam posts which give us no info. not to mention alot of your speculating about Nagini in particular and character fishing is just hurtful to the town imo.

3. it wasn't meant to be helpful exactly, it was meant to spark discussion

sparking discussion based mostly on spam posts only helps the mafia. the fact you admit it wasn't meant to be helpful say to me i pegged it when i called your "re-cap" nothing more than a distraction technique.

what would you say if I said I haven't read the books?

I have

multiple times

I'm just curious

then why try to twist my obvious list of cannon referrances into painting me as scum for game knowledge (ie: how you twisted my cannon list of horcruxe locations and destruction methods)

also I already owned up to being wrong about that bit of speculation

you owned up to it after i had posted my WoT. your also taking my quotes out of order.

also also I think Nagini is in this game somehow

I don't think she'll be with voldemort (unless voldemort is in this game and that whole thing about the trio and him was wrong (but that's assuming key isn't lying which hasn't been determined yet))

if she's in this game, i'd likely believe her to be a bomb or something that kills it's holder unless said perosn is Voldemort, given how her character is in Cannon and the fact that she is a living thing.

hmmm that makes a lot of sense

perhaps Nagini will be an actual role then and not an item/horcrux?

in that case a lynching shoud do well to be rid of her and we don't relaly need to speculate about her as an item like you're trying to do.

when did I suggest that those who have horcruxes know others who have horcruxes? I'm not seeing it

i went back to quote it and found that i had mis read what you wrote. to me it seemed you were trying to say that the Song was attacked by Nagini because she held a horocruxe, which woudl imply that nagini (or the person who has Nagini) knew that Song held a horocruxe. heres the quote below i'm referring to.

going off the fact that nagini appears to be a horcrux that a player can have as an item I'm guessing that allows people to daykill

and it looks like the person with nagini (probably a mafia initially? why would town kill someone right away?) killed someone with either the diadem or the cup

1. yeah I already agreed about that, but like I said before it couldn't hurt to ask

again, you agreed with it only after i posted that quote and after key's reveal. character fishing hurts the town in this case, just as much as role fishing for the doc or cop in a normal game hurts the town. point is, fishing is seen as a scum tactic and is bad for the town reguardless of the game rules. you pushed for it and are continueing to push for it as far as i can see and that is why i'm happy with my vote on you.

2. I doubt it, no role in mafia should be that singly important to towns victory

in this game, i would think that the Sword of Gryffindor is very important to the towns victory and would be suicide to allow a scum to get it.

was there not already a vote?

if not then my mistake

my vote on jack was the 5th post of the game, only two votes had been cast before that, Key for Lia and Jack for Bela. like i said, you twisted it to make me appear scummy and is one of the main reasons i'm voiting you.

this is also another reason why i state that your "re-cap" is very scummy and appears to be nothing more than a distraction attempt, as you claim i'm bandwagoning even though you've quoted every post and could clearly see jack had no votes on him. not paying attention much?

and how is it reaching? I'm not making a case on you or voting you

I was just pointing out things I found suspicious and analyzing posts

nothing wrong with that

so your just pointing out stuff you foudn suspicious? even though half your recap was to comment that a post was spam or just a D1 silly vote? there is soemthing wrong with that Nolder, its called distracting the town.

this was cleared up after I posted and how is it reaching?

I'm just speculating and asking questions and pointing things out

reaching implies that I'm actually trying to get someone lynched based on my thoughts and that's not the case at all

reaching is that your pointing out stuff that has no bases to finding scum and twisting it with throwing a FoS on it. reaching is calling attention to spam posts just to say "these are spam" so you appear to be doing good for the town because you have a WoT and everyone assumes no scum woudl post a WoT.

you stink to high heaven Nolder, and honestly if your goign to play this way, imo its too harmful to the town later on to leave you alive for long.

but in the context of this game it's death eaters who are attacking hogwarts

we're meant to be holding them off

like ilth said, it was a joke vote based on non-game related stuff. i mean, during Blue week we are putting Voldy on trial and i am voldy's defense attorney. not to mention that like i've already said, it's well known here on DM i'm a Voldy fan girl.

this is why i call it reahing & twisting, because you use a spam non-game related joke vote to make an assumption that another player has insider info and cast the FoS on her.

yep it is

also I wish you'd do proper quotes...

it's easier just to answer the quote internally when its bigger than worrying about whether i have the correct quote tags. this is why i color my text red, and also allows me to address specific parts of a quote without making my WoT into the GWoT. (GWoT = Great Wall of Text)

and please explain what you mean by "proper" quotes. because out of my 2 years playing Mafia i've never been told i don't quote properly. quote too much, yes, twist words, yes; but never that i don't quote properly so i'm confused as to what you mean.

no need to get snippy :mellow:

I know the information but whoever it was that talked about going to these places (again I wish you'd do proper quotes...) was talking as if we could somehow "travel" there

it's a mafia game

we can't just go to the room of requirements

our setting is hogwarts and that's it unless Alanna states otherwise

no one talked about goign to places until you stated this. and this is after i stated in my post that it was cannon info as i said "if we also follow cannon, then we know where the remaining Horocruxes are and what is used to kill each of them" in the same post i listed the locations and such. yet heres your response

I also am kind of confused at how you name locations and spells as if we can travel there and do things

can you go to the shrieking shack or the chamber of secrets? because I was not told that I could

and bingo, you twist it to sound like i have insider info and that i suggested things which i most certaintly did not.

I'm really not and I'm having a hard time understanding why you think I am

i've already stated why 4 times. i'll not be repeating myself on this again.

I thought Sectemsempra was just a damaging spell?

like it would cut you up and that could lead to death but it wouldn't be an instant kill

depends on the strength of the spell caster as well as where you're cut at. for instance, Snape uses thsi spell to cleaning sever Fred's ear off. if aimed at the throat, it woudl act as an instant kill imo.

it was apparently a one shot vig kill

I see you're a little behind still

i quote and respond to quotes in the order their posted, i don't mix them aroudn like you've done. again, this was resolved after i posted, so i fail to see how you can assume i'm "still behind" when i've remarkd on the vig kill since then.

Vote Count:

Red (1) - Ithillian

Nolder (4) - Bela, Ed, Jack, Red

Daruya (1) - Tina

Jack (2) - Daruya, AJ

Not Voting (8): Sakaea, Lessa, Nolder, Lia* Zosime, Tynaal, Key

*Not checked in

Deadline is Sunday, July 17 @ 1PM CST.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Red, it's day 1. If I used the Kil At night or later in the day it still would have been towards a player who if town would cause the minimalist damage to the town. I'm not debating my reasons and motives with you I've already posted them. This doesn't need to be and it will not be the pete and red show today. :)

Ugggggh this is why I need sleep! I'm all screwy minded. I just went back to reread the rules -- forgot. I was getting annoyed and ahead of myself. LOL. I'll send myself to bed immediately. :dry::sleep:

lolz, sorry, but I'm a little ticked right now, so this is funny. XD

GO SLEEP!

Eddie please don't laugh at my pain!!!! Meanie butt. This is what I get for training in Wisconsin and breaking my car again again. :mad:

Thanks for the clarification Alanna. It was a blurred mess when I read them earlier.

Honestly, I feel like the same people are talking, what about the others? We're getting into a high page count for Day 1, I want more from the quiet ones.

Holy crap on a stick. Nine pages for Day One? That has got to be some kind of record, either way it's verging on ridiculous.

Right off the bat Nolder, you have my spidey senses tingling, not to mention my eyes hurting from having to read all of your quotes. I do not like that you are demanding for reveals, and that your peer pressure got to Key, whether or not she is Hermione. It's too early in the game to start that kind of nonsense, in my opinion.

Jack, hon, I'm not diggin' your reasons for bumping off Song, or the fact that you revealed. Again, this is Day One people, it's too soon to be starting this kind of insanity.

Gah! I'm really going to have to think about this some more. Geeze...

1. Nolder has played differently in every game I have seen him in so far. The guy is a Mafia Chameleon I swear.

2. I thought his commenting on all the initial posts quite humerous actually - maybe he was just having a bit of fun with us.

3. I did not feel comfortable with the request to reveal characters at this point or his reasons for thinking HP and the main gang would not be present in this game. Alanna is an HP fan - she was never going to leave the main characters out of this game just for a sense of 'making it true to the books'

4. It is likely that the main book characters have useful objects. Alanna has clarified that objects were not given out randomly.

5. I do not know why Key caved in to his request. If you don't want to do something and he is going on, just walk away. He can only talk to himself for so long lol.

6. Am not keen on Jack killing Song straight away. I have played with Jack and he is very clever at this game. He will have you spun around thinking it was YOUR idea to kill Song before you realise what is happening.

7. Red likes big posts

8. I love having all of them in this game because it makes it busy and interesting. I got over 70 emails about this game today so that made me feel really popular.

Nobody really stands out at the moment. Even Jack's blatant killing of Song could be a legitimate Townie play for him. Some of these off site guys are just obsessively good at this game and if he thought killing Song was the right thing to do in the long term, I don't doubt that he would just do it and worry about the repercussions after.

So at present I will unvote

I see a teamwork between Nolder and Alanna. Nolder is laying the ground for Keys reveal. Nolder says we may have to give up powers (maybe cop with the diadem) to destroy horrocruxes and that anyone that is Harry, Ron or Hermione should reveal. (That could be right of course - not arguing with that.) I think they are trying to get players to give horrocruxes to Key - cos Hermione is one that have destroyed one in the books/movies. Mafia would of course want to have the horrocruxes. Then on top of that Key is now "vulnerable" so a doc could protect her. Wouldn´t that be perfect? Key looks good, being Hermione, gets horrocruxes and makes the doc protect her and open up for a teammate to kill more easily.

Trying not to metagame to much but Key usually isn´t this active so that is a little part of my suspicious of her.

Vote Nolder since he is the one that has most votes on him of the two of them.

About Jack - maybe you did right but I also think it was to early.

Also FOS Ithi with her comment that nothing stands out at the moment. Really? After 9 pages already on day one?

I see a teamwork between Nolder and Alanna. Nolder is laying the ground for Keys reveal. Nolder says we may have to give up powers (maybe cop with the diadem) to destroy horrocruxes and that anyone that is Harry, Ron or Hermione should reveal. (That could be right of course - not arguing with that.) I think they are trying to get players to give horrocruxes to Key - cos Hermione is one that have destroyed one in the books/movies. Mafia would of course want to have the horrocruxes. Then on top of that Key is now "vulnerable" so a doc could protect her. Wouldn´t that be perfect? Key looks good, being Hermione, gets horrocruxes and makes the doc protect her and open up for a teammate to kill more easily.

Trying not to metagame to much but Key usually isn´t this active so that is a little part of my suspicious of her.

Vote Nolder since he is the one that has most votes on him of the two of them.

About Jack - maybe you did right but I also think it was to early.

Also FOS Ithi with her comment that nothing stands out at the moment. Really? After 9 pages already on day one?

Correction - I think that maybe in this game you have to give up items but I don´t think you should reveal your roll on day one, doesn´t matter what roll.

I think I preferred Jack's response.

Not enough standing out to decide on who to vote for yet @ Tina. I'm trying not to jump about and play a better standard of game this time. I believe I gave a whole list of general things that I had noticed during this first day's play.

Uh what? I wasn't in my first few games but lately I am. Check out the Aiel game. Or the Monty Python game. Or the DPR game before I was killed. All three of them you were in and I was active.

9 pages isn't a big deal

@Tina that's a very elaborate and well thought out post. Albeit paranoid but good insight. Here is my generic break down of day 1.

1. Nolder quoted players to have fun and he was bored. It was weird.

2. I killed song, I had my reasons

3. Key revealed with little pressure a main character that may or may not be in the game due to Alanna's opener. I believe hermione is in the game, well I did, until key's reveal.

4. Red came at Nolder, no big deal.

5. Red came at me, no big se

6 Zo has contributed meh, but it is day 1 and again not that big of a deal. Makes me look at er more though

7. Ithi has Broken down the game but doesn't really have an oppinion which is slightly sus, but she could be formulating or something. I will be looking for concrete feelings after a lynch is reached though

8. Song died

9. Ed hasn't really hit my radar yet. Nothing of note that he has posted.

10. Aj has trie to debate over set up Alanna clearly laid out. She is suspect ATM.

11. Tina posted an elaborate paranoid plan which may be the case. I've got a strong town lean on her ecause of it. Scum wouldn't need to work that hard to build a case. If Nolder is town though my strong town lean will just become a town lean.

So that's everything that ha really happened so far.

Archived