DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who are some characters you wish you had gotten to see MORE of in the series???

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mazrim Taim

What... the... F***.

Enter Mazrim Taim, as if he were a new major character. Have him front-and-centre at Dumai's Wells, then basically ignore his existence for 7 books.

Read through most of the thread, there are a few mentions of Taim, many more for Logain. While at this point I almost agree, because Logain has become awesome we wish we had had more, but Taim's potential to be such a wildcard through the series was huge, and now he's generally relegated to some random bad, not even a big bad, at least in the readers eyes.

It's like Demandred, took the suspense so far you killed it, now there's only 1 book left and other things the readers feel should be focused on more.

Asmo would have been cool too I think, now that I see some suggestions. Odd that Asmo, Taim, Logain often come as a bunch from people. That's WOT for ya I guess, archetypes for all. Shame the bad ass cocky wildcard(-ish) guys got ignored. Instead we had to put up with, "But I don't want to be a Lord!"

Mazrim Taim

What... the... F***.

Enter Mazrim Taim, as if he were a new major character. Have him front-and-centre at Dumai's Wells, then basically ignore his existence for 7 books.

Read through most of the thread, there are a few mentions of Taim, many more for Logain. While at this point I almost agree, because Logain has become awesome we wish we had had more, but Taim's potential to be such a wildcard through the series was huge, and now he's generally relegated to some random bad, not even a big bad, at least in the readers eyes.

It's like Demandred, took the suspense so far you killed it, now there's only 1 book left and other things the readers feel should be focused on more.

Asmo would have been cool too I think, now that I see some suggestions. Odd that Asmo, Taim, Logain often come as a bunch from people. That's WOT for ya I guess, archetypes for all. Shame the bad ass cocky wildcard(-ish) guys got ignored. Instead we had to put up with, "But I don't want to be a Lord!"

I really could have done with a lot more Taim and Logain and a lot less Alviarin and Elaida, and Romanda and Lelaine. I guess RJ wanted to keep the mystery around the Ashaman.

Would have liked to see some Tam pov during the Faile kidnapped by Shaido plot line, heck the pov from any other character in Perrin's camp besides Perrin's own would be an improvement.

Also would love to have more Aviendha after she meets up with Elayne. Or rather that she had something to actually do once she meets up with Elayne besides essentially being a sidekick to her.

More of Logain and the Black Tower plot

More about Moridin

More about Moridin and Cyndane )=)

More about Mat and Rand

More about Nynaeve

More about Taim

Not characters.. but still want more of this:

More about the Seanchan culture

More about the Aiel culture

Good lists.

For fun, my unofficial POV count (POV's, not word count)

1) 200: Rand

2) 134: Perrin

3) 110: Egwene

4) 90: Mat

5) 66: Elayne

6) 57: Nynaeve

7) 31: Moiraine (22 in NS)

8) 29: Min

9) 22: Faile

10) 21: Quotes (I attributed a Loial quote to Loial from ToM)

11) 17: Gawyn

T12) 16: Siuan, Cadsuane, Galad

15) 13: Lan (8 in NS)

16) 12: Morgase

17) 11: Aviendha

T18) 10: Fain, Ituralde

20) 9: Graendal

21) 8: Narrator

T22) 7: Elaida, Galina, Tuon

T25) 6: Moghedien, Sevanna

T27) 5: Geofram Bornhald, Niall, Verin, Egeanin, Demandred, Alviarin

T33) 4: Bors/Carridin, Liandrin, Bayle Domon, Thom Merrilin, Gareth Byrne, Furyk Karede, Pevara

T40) 3: Suroth, Osan'gar/Aginor/Dashiva, Sheriam, Delana, Eamon Valda, Romanda, Merana, Moridin/Ishy, Seaine, Elza Penfell, Cyndane/Lanfear

T51) 2: Dain Bornhold, Hadnan Kadere, Katerine Alruddin, Mesaana, Sammael, Semirhage, Nesune Bihara, Demira Eriff, Falion Bhoda, Reane Corly, --------Aran'gar/Balthamel, Kennar Miraj, Davram Bashere, Toveine Gazal, Daved Hanlon/Doilin Mellar, Shalon din Togara Morning Tide,

--------Loial (1 + a quote), Birgitte Silverbow/Trahelion, Saerin Asnobar, Androl Genhald.

T71) 1: Lews Therin Telamon, Jaret Byar, Sahra Covenry, Almurat Mor, Rahvin, Lady Alteima, Asmodean, Sulin, Sarene Nemdahl, Rhadam Asunama,

--------Lelaine Akashi, Dyelin Taravin, Luan Norwelyn, Ellorien Traemane, Vilnar Barada, Bain, Sorilea, Myrelle Berengari, Seanchan Horse Rider,

--------Joline Maza, Noal Cbarin/Jain Farstrider, Maeric, Shadar Haran, Queen Ethenielle, the Gholam, Chulein, Assid Bakuun, Bertome Saighin, Varek,

--------Abaldar Yulan, Asne Zeramene, Milli Skane/Lady Shiaine, Bethamin Zeami, Raefar Kisman, Slayer Barmellin, Timna, Ebben Hopwil, Gabrelle,

--------Yukiri, Samitsu Tamagowa, Elenia Sarand, Beonin Marinye, Arymilla Marne, Wellin Aldragoran, Harine din Togara Two Winds, Tarna Feir,

--------Renald Fanwar, Falendre, Tylee Khirgan, Masema Dagar, Leanne Sharif, Adelorna Bastine, Jesse Bilal, Malenarin Rai, Almen Bunt,

--------Alliandre Maritha Kigarin, Olver, Barriga.

===============

Interesting Zeros: Logain, Berelain, Taim, Amys, Rhuarc, Gaul, Be'lal, Dobraine, Darlin, Caroline Damodred, Balwer, Silviana.

More: Nynaeve, Moiraine, Lan, Aviendha, Fain, Tuon, Verin, Thom, Alviarin, Thom, Pevara, Moridin, Lanfear/Cyndane

Some: Logain, Berelain, Amys, Taim (Moridin!), Be'lal, more past history of the AS in the AoL (how did they raise them?)

Less: Elayne, Gawyn

Definitely more Faile. I'd take a few cuts in Perrin's POVs to get a few more of Faile's, definitely ^^ Glad to see I'm not the only one. (Oh, BTW: "A woman who claims to be strong, but insists on having a man who obeys her completely and is incapable of thinking or acting for himself, and will put up with whatever abuse she dishes out with no more than a slight grumble, isn't strong at all - she's weak, and she needs a weaker man to make her feel stronger. A woman who is truly strong needs a strong man. And, the stronger a woman is, the stronger she needs her partner to be"- so true. And the reverse is also true, of course. A man who wants a partner who just agrees with him and obeys him has no business calling himself a strong man, IMO).

She tricked Loial, unforgivable.

Tam and Abell, tbh. I enjoy reading about them.

Yes, a slight gripe I have with RJ is the lack of friendships. Most of the characters' relationships are either with someone they love or a "work" relationship rather than friendship.

This is actually so very true. Sadly true.

Bela could have just bucked Egwene off in Eotw and saved the world. :rolleyes:

Must.... resist...

Archived