DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A merry Band of Archers comes to visit...

Corki

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched Loran start a fire in random dormitories, Jea decided to use one of these fires to send a flaming arrow into the midst of the Warders group. "Silly Warders, always standing in the same spot together. Spreading out is the key to victory, or did you not know?" Jea said just loudly enough for only anyone else in the room to hear.

After sending another arrow into the Warder's mist, Jea quickly left the room in search of the Amyrlin. If any message was to be sent properly, it would be by capturing the Amyrlin. "If only I had made sure I could channel and block her," Jea muttered with a silent curse under her breath. Despite not being able to use the One Power, she was determined she could still kidnap the Amyrlin and officially wreak havoc in the Tower.

S'more? *offers Volke a wonderful bit of smushyness*

*takes the S'more* you girls realize that we are under attack? and I'm pretty sure having a fire in the dorm of the White Tower is a pretty bad thing as well

We didn't start the fire we are just using it. The attackers seem pretty umm...not scary.

Still, put the fire out... and be wary of the attackers. We don't know how they fight yet other than try to distarct us

Fine....*douses fire...pouts and heads back to the booooring novice quarters*

Loran sighs as he watches warders building defenses between him and the rest of the band. He shakes his head and slips back into the shadows pulling another strange arrow from his quiver. He gives it a quick glance to check how acute the bend is. Nodding to himself he knocks the arrow, aims and fires. He watches for a moment as it zips off curving through the gap in the trees and lands on a sneaking bottom. He resists the strong urge to laugh as he watches the warder spin around stumbling and looking down at the arrow. "Turn the other cheek brother." he whispers to himself as he disappears into shadow again. They'll never figure out where that arrow came from. Suddenly a frog hops out in front of him and gives him a suspiciously intelligent look. He picks the frog up and puts it on his shoulder. Maybe it'll do something interesting, if nothing else it might serve as another distraction.

He knocks another bent arrow and draws his bow again as he spots a ripple in the air. With a grin he aims at the ripple and, adjusting for the strange curve of the arrow, he fires and watches the arrow whizz off. The ripple suddenly shifts and Loran shrugs to himself as he slinks off into the cover of darkness. He idly wonders where he hit that warder as he quickly arranges several whistling arrows for easy access. With a grin he fires them in different directions, one after the other. A series of whistles pierce the air in different places as he turns and vanishes back into his beloved shadows.

Finally he can turn to see how his arrows have worked. He chuckles to himself as he watches warders, some no more than ripples, hurrying in the direction of the whistles. With a shrug he stows away his remaining arrows and sneaks off, moving easily through the gaps he created in their defenses. He smiles to himself as he enters deeper into WT territory. Might be time to set up some traps... or maybe he should create bigger distractions in the very heart of the tower. He glances at the frog on his shoulder as he quietly approaches the edge of the easy shadow cover that has hidden him for so long. He stops there and carefully enters deep shadows to wait for an opportunity. Like any good archer he sits as still as the mighty tower itself, waiting with the confident patience of a cat at a mouse hole. Until he moves again, there is no chance of him being seen. He doesn't even allow himself to smile as he stays settled in his comfortable crouch in the shadows. When the time comes he will be ready to pounce.

Just as Fnorrll predicted several of the men in tights take the bait and flow as if guided on a leash directly into the trap. Watching them jump at shadows and loose arrow after arrow like frightened children is almost to much to take.

Not being able to help himself Paetric stalks in complete silence to a spot within reach of the shadowed archer and awaits for his next move.

Hey Paet, looks like someone is begging to get her bottom pinched!

*makes mental note to pinch ice's bottom later*

*Smiles innocently* You might wanna ask Loran what this novice keeps up her sleeve. :wink:

Eeels?

Whistling arrows...frogs...a regiment of archers standing around looking at each other... They must want to ask somebody here on a date! That must be the reason for failed distractions! Maybe they're trying to draw attention from how awkward the asking will be by making it far more awkward before they actually do so. It makes perfect sense.

Hmm seems that the swarm is gone *gets out of the stream and picks up his quiver and bow in one move then jogs to the command hill where lessa is* Hey lessa are you ready for stealth opperations? i see that Jen and Loran have already undertook some stealth *chuckles* well hoq bout it? i guard your back if you guard mine. Deal?

Fine....*douses fire...pouts and heads back to the booooring novice quarters*

*sniffles* I wanted s'mores.

*heads back to the not-at-all-booooooooooring-because-I don't-want-a-penance-novice quarters with Icey*

*tries to make up her mind to tag along to the novice quarters, or risk the cleaning again...but the rebellious streak wins*

*whistling, goes in the direction of the novice quarters*

*once out of sight, sprints the rest of the way, bursting into her room*

*snatches and gathers up her bed sheets*

*knots them all together and sticks them in a sack*

*walks across the WT grounds, lugging the sack behind her*

*climbs up to the ramparts*

*looks around furtively*

<.< ........ >.>

*abseils herself down the walls of the White Tower's ramparts*

*wanders off into Tar Valon, looking for Kaf*

*Tosses Damon over the wall thingy.* Go investigate! Scout! Errmmm ... whatever it is Warders are supposed to do. Oh and report back asap!

*Looks around for her Screaming Novice but doesn't spot her, so grabs the next one she sees.* You ... Icewitch! Oh and there's another one. What's your name, dear? Ahmoondah? Right. The two of you gather all the novices and head on down to your quarters. Someone's smoking in there, and I want names, capice? Also, confiscate the smokes then give them to an Accepted to bring to me.

Right, where are my Aes Sedai? Aha! Song! Gather all the Sisters (except those Fnorrll's got organised doing ... something) and bring them here.

You, algai! Go find out what Paet and Fnorrll are up to and report back.

Hop to it, all of you!

*gets a message and wanders back over to mother*

Mother, where are your warders? I dont want you alone right now, one or two crazies have infiltrated the Tower. I shall stay till Damon returns.

I'm organizing our drfences, Paet is closing down the intruders within the walls.

*realizing that the gutless archers would try and sneak in, fnorrll organizes groups of aes sedai to cast weaves of fire which light up the entire tower and surrounding area as brightly as if it were day time*

Foolish archers. I can basically organize the aes sedai to do whatever i want. You cant fire at the tower because of the gale. Now you will also find it incredibly hard to sneak in. When you are ready for a real fight, you let me know.

*draws both swords and guards the amyrlin*

Just as Fnorrll predicted several of the men in tights take the bait and flow as if guided on a leash directly into the trap. Watching them jump at shadows and loose arrow after arrow like frightened children is almost to much to take.

Not being able to help himself Paetric stalks in complete silence to a spot within reach of the shadowed archer and awaits for his next move.

Loran gawks as his shadows suddenly evaporate. This isn't good. His eyes narrow as he spots a ripple shift nearby. It would seem someone has tracked him all this time. They were pretty good... suddenly he recalls a slight rustle of the bushes that he had dismissed. Apparently it had been more than a frog. He quickly shifts his priorities and centers himself. That is all the warning his stalker will get. Loran moves along the wall as if he hadn't seen anyone. From the corner of his eye he watches the ripples in the air and the slight shifts in color.

Loran quickly scales the wall and jumps onto the roof of the dorm. He hurries across the roof and leaps back to the ground. Now to get some distance between them. He grins as he jogs past some cute novices. "Good day, Ladies." He acknowledges them with a raised hand and then passes them by. By their reaction it can't be too obvious that he is an archer. In fact it would seem that only his stalker really knows that one of the archers is amongst them wearing an warders cloak. And the waders cloak makes it a wee bit difficult to identify a person. He nods thoughtfully to himself.

He slips in amongst some warders he barely knows. They definitely won't recognize him. With a grin he merges into the warders and before they know it, his little group has assumed he is one of theirs. Now to make sure he isn't seen by anyone who knows otherwise. Fortunately they are very, very few.

*Yelps as the whole place is suddenly lit up like a flaming Bel Tine tree.* Sheesh, Fnorrll ... some warning next time! *Hunts for her sunglasses.*

My Warders? Errrr ... I tossed lowered Damon over the wall to go do Warderish stuff. Recon and such, you know? Oh and I sent Van off on a very very VERY important mission a few weeks ago. Was running low on Kaf and some Darkfriends stole my last shipment and I told him not to come back until he's hunted each and every one of the mangy spawns of spavined goats down, ripped them limb from limb, scattered their entrails and stuck their heads in a sack to bring back to me.

*Takes a deep breath and does some novice exercises to calm herself.*

*Eyes StP with approval.* Just leave some for me, ok?

Oooh look there's Loran! *Bounces up and down and waves* Yooohooo! Hi there Loran!

Archived