DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft

ValiantLovesWoT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You definitely have all the graphics settings at the lowest? my computer has similar specs I think, but it could never play at anything but the bare minimum of graphics.

@red I love that video, but the singing is just a little of in parts. otherwise, perfect!

• Community Administrator

Windows 7

Processor: Intel Atom (1.60GHz) x2 I think

RAM: 2GB (1.75GB usable)

32 bit OS

Video Card: Nvidia Ion

I think that's all right

Maybe Nvidia Ion isn't my video card idk

I'm definitely not good with computer hardware

ouch.

Laptop/Notebook I assume?

Biggest issues defiantely the ram. Win7 really needs like 4GB minimum to do any kind of gaming. practically need 1GB for the OS as it is. And with a 32bit OS, 4GBs is the maximum memory you can have. (and MC should work on that.)

That said. Are you useing any texture packs? Cause the better quality textures = lower performance.... They do have some... lower-res (if you can believe) texture packs out there, to make the game run better....

Are you running it on its own, or in the web-browser?

Cause the browser version, I believe will take more resources than the client version..

Yeah I have an HP mini 311 iirc

It's small and it can browse web but it is pretty bad for gaming 

I used to not use texture packs

I did find one that was low res and it boosted my FPS to like 10-20 which is relatively playable

But it just looks so bad it makes the game not worth playing...

And I play in the downloaded client not the web browser

lol

I don't and I wouldn't play the 360 version anyway

It's like a year behind the PC version in updates

Well, its the difference between actually being able to play it at all, and not  at all. :wink:

But since you have no 360 thats out of the question.

Theres really not much you can do to get it to run better, maybe a couple of tweaks here and there but due to the video card, and ram, thats about as good as MC is going  to run.

Heres the bright side though.

If you live in a colder climate, run minecraft for a few hours and you got your very own Space Heater!

*snuggles Nol* sorry to hear abotu that.

does anyone else wish they'd fix the falmming click glitch in the game. they've known about it for years now and have yet to do anythign about it in any update.

its the glitch where you right click a single time and it registers multiple clicks; like you go to place 1 stone and end up doing 3. this happens to me on Diamond level, alot.

its not enoguh to get me to stop playing, though i haven't played in over a week and am itching to. its just an annoyance and makes me go through more iron pickaxes than i'd like to.

oh, i'm still in the original world i created. i've got 5 blocks of diamond now and about 70 blocks of iron. i wish i coudl make the red powder into blocks for easier storage :laugh:

i should take some scren captures of the things i've built. i've got an indoor forrest and animal farm going on now and have started in on enchantments :happy:

I'm pretty sure that glitch you're talking about might be to lag.. Also I've been wanting redstone to be able to be made into blocks for a couple of years now. Have you tried enchanting a pick Red? If you get fortune those five blocks of diamond could have been a lot more.

You only get lag if your playing online. (lag = Latency) if it acts like lag, but your not online, that has more to do with the game running slow/jerky/ect. Theres another term for non-online games and 'lag', I just can't think of it atm...

Easiest way to get rid of the slow-downs/jerkyness of the game, is to reduce the quality of the graphics. Either by clicking off a texture pack (or turning on a low-graphic texture pack) or by reducing shadows & view distance. (shadows & water are huge on performance)

i have my modem on, but i click "play offline". i alwys run the game from my desktop downloaded verson, and set it to above normal priorety.

the video settings are

Graphics: Fast

Smooth Lighting: off

Performance: Max FPS

Rnder Distance: Normal

Server Textures: off

Particles: minimal

*sighs fondly at having minecraft in her current browser and reluctantly exits the game*

Have you tried turning render sistance lower?

And have you tried a lower-resolution texture pack? :wink:

one hting to remember is Minecraft is Java based, and java is notorious for memory leaks. longer you play the more it leaks, the more memory it uses, and the more lilkey it'll crash eventually.

i did not know that abotu java, but my laptop did just do an update with it last night.

i dont have any add ons tot he game, i play it in the bare bones downloaded version, so truning off the texture packs was the lowest i thought i could get it.

as for rendering distance ... i've tried the lowest one, but like seeign more than 5 feet away from my character :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to reiterate, DM does not have any official Server for Minecraft (or any other game for that matter). There are legal reasons for why there aren't any. But AFAIK, theres no rule against unofficial servers. (which is just a fancy way of saying, 10+ dmers share the same server, and invite any others who attempt to)

H'okay, just got some questions before I start us a map.  

1. Do we want to be able to hit each other?

2. Do we want monsters?

3. Do we want the ability to go into the nether?

etc, any ideas from anyone?

Archived