A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft

ValiantLovesWoT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

you guys can offically welcome me to the 20teens this year.  with Windows disbanding its support for XP  (i hate you with the heat of a thousands suns for that Microsoft) bubba and i are forking out the money to do an electronics upgrade in our lives.

this year we will finally be getting smart phones, and new laptops.

at first i was going to get a tablet, but after plaing the demo of the touch screen verson of Minecraft it was among the things i did not like about the tablets.  and yeah, minecraft and touch screen is not something i like tbh  i can't say i much liked the ios verson either, atleast i dont liek it if the demo is anythign like the real thing.  so to a laptop it is.  another thing i didn't like about the tablet, was the lack of USB ports.  i had planned to getthe attachable keyboard for the tablet, but that i couldn't get a phsyical moue to work with it turned me off from it.

Bubba is still in disblief that the ability to comfortable play Minecraft is the deciding factor in this, all i can do is shrug, laugh at him and offer to install it on his new laptop.  which i've already threatened to do just to give it a go to see how fast and nicely it move on the new processors in comparision to what i currently use :laugh:  which caused him to password protect his laptop

my question to ya'll is, whats the best laptop i can get for under $300 that i can get in one of the stores (Best Buy, Walmart, Office Depot, ect) and aisde form asking "how well would this run Minecraft?" what specs should i ask about and look for in the laptop?  the last time i bought a laptop was in 2005.

there was one for $199 at Office Depot, i can't find it online so i'll go to teh store and get the little spec sheet.

• Community Administrator

Try to find something that doesn't have Windows 8, and you'll be happy. :wink:

And, dell is a lot, a lot better than HP. and generally, when you buy from a store like best buy, they already mark it up from what the actual company already marks it up from. (that's why I build my own! :tongue:)

If you have any local PC building places, (Probably don't do anything like laptops, mostly desktops) you could find more power, far cheaper (probably) then at best buy/ect.

And, $300 bestbuy 'laptops' aren't gaming laptops... Though they probably are superior to what you have now. :wink:

some things to look for.

Anything not intergrated grahpics card.

6GB of Ram/Memory (not hard drive space, if it says 60GB, 100GB/ect that's HDD, not Ram/Memory, HDD space don't matter as much as Memory/Ram does. And you really do want more than 4GB, 6 as a Minimum (IMO) with a 64bit operating system (not the 32bit) for maximum use of said memory.

other than that, the processor speed and sound-card stuff doesn't matter nearly as much.  (Though it will affect performance)

If its graphics card is integrated, that's basically saying that your Processor (CPU) is doing both... general processing stuffs  and your graphics. So however fast you want it to be, it'll be that much slower then if it had a graphics card that isn't intergrated......

Any of that make sense red? lol

• 2 months later...

Archived