DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft

ValiantLovesWoT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tekkit is a modpack that has a lot of extra content.

You play it with its own .jar file so you can play the original game without mods too, without an uninstall. The pack comes with its own installer, and comes with a couple of other modpacks too.

The whole thing adds power, and magic to the game, with stackloads of extra content.

• 5 weeks later...

I just joined the server, going for a good wander. Just to clarify, stealing is ok, but any other form of greifing isn't?

yeah stealing is fine. its also pvp so if you really felt like it you can kill someone and take their stuff. just don't break any of their placed blocks.

still in the first world i created. i've now got hopelessly lost in the cave system under the ocean biodome ... luckily i have enough carrorts with me to build a self sustaining carrot farm for food .... but i'm sick of the under ground, i feel like a mole person. and my dude has to be getting sick of carrots by now lmao. no trees for wood, but i'm by an abandon mine shaft so i can harvest the wood there.

still haven't dropped by a server though

nope its not. i was dropped gilligans island style in the middle of no were on a tiny 3x4 sand covered tidal basin with no resources whatsoever and had to swim ... for HOURS!!! (or it felt liek hours) to reach land that i could build a base on with resources like wood, food and rock.

i dont fancy goign back there :laugh:

i do have a compass though ... i cant recal which direction my home base/beach hosue is in :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

We are looking for an inexpensive, reliable and reputable place to purchase a minecraft server host for son. BMS offers monthly server hosting for $3.49/month.  Has anyone got anything good/bad/indifferent about BMS Hosting?  Or is there a site you would recommend?  

BMS just started up in June . . . Looks like they use the same type of server that Beastnode uses (I think; or maybe it's another one of the sites we researched). How risky is it to go with a startup server company . . .? Hmmmmm . . . they only take Paypal, too. Anyway, I have an inquiry in to them asking how they handle billing/payments and such (in other words, do they bill monthly/quarterly/etc.).

I guess I always can open a PayPal account with a minimal balance and if it doesn't work out, I wouldn't be out much and there would be no perpetual charges to my card (like some places do; for example, Consumer Reports, McAfee . . . neither of whom are happy with me because I no longer have the card they used to charge to. LOL!).

• 1 month later...
  • Community Administrator

I really want to play Minecraft again but my computer just can't handle it anymore

I get like 3-10 FPS while playing and my computer overheats in like a half hour if I don't stop

:(

Any possibility you can link your computer specs? (windows 7? Vista? XP?)

If you don't know how...

Well, you can find your basic processor information under System. (control pannel will have that)

As well as installed memory.

You can find your video card (if you have one) Under Device Manager -> Display Adapaters.

the biggest problem you likely have is with Memory. (not hard drive, Memory.... not sure how computer literate you are. Alot of people confuse the two) And. Java (which Minecraft uses) is a memory hog. Lots of Memory Leaks and all that.

Archived