Black Ajah Hunt #2 and so it begins

Segurant

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

*walks out of his private palace in the middle of the Aes Sedai infested town*

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn

"Hey, do I heard ol' Bobby Joe (aka Nameless Villager #1) got wasted the other day. That true? Who did it? Anybody?"

*Suddenly a servant comes running up*

"Mr. Jason, Sir?"

"Yeah?"

"Your advisors want to remind you that you need to be raising your approval rating. Please be nice to everyone."

"You mean I need to play with the mud farmers?"

"They suggest you participate in this game with members from your community and staff."

"Mingle with the commoners? My GOD MAN! Go report to the captain and ask him to witness you taking your own life! How dare you suggest that I, The LORD OF DRAGONMOUNT!, come down and pretend to share the same air as the filthy commoners?"

"With respect sir, these people enjoy your website and --"

"They're not PEOPLE! Their login names and passwords! Look here... this so called "Emperor"... he's just some beefy guy sitting in his basement in Singapore. His password is ..." (clicks around the database)... "iWishiWasJimmy"! Look, boy. I know you and my advisors mean well, but I can't be seen with these users! It's just so.... wrong!"

"The Advertisers say they'll run more ads if you participate"

"I'm in. What do I do next?"

"Well Sir, first, you should tell them if you killed Bobby Joe."

"Of course I didn't kill anbody! Clearly it was Nailea."

"How do you know, sir?"

"Well, I, um, had a dream last night. I had fallen asleep with my arm cuddled around the DM server and dreamt that I entered the web logs and database. There I saw beyond the endless bits and bytes and noticed blood in the httpd.access file. When I looked more carefully, I saw Nailea running away. So clearly, it had to be her!"

"Well, sir, that's fascinating. Good luck with the contest"

*waits for the servant to leave*

Psssst.... Darkfriend...whoever you are. I'm not one of your group, but if you need suggestions on who to kill next round, take that guy out. He dared talk back to me."

---

Jason

You're ornery-er than I remember Jmeister.... sure you haven't been replaced by a DARKFRIEND in DISGUISE? *scribbles notes in her notebook of notetakingness*

Why don't I speed things up for you and change my vote to myself ;) That'll make nine if I counted right. I'll even jump onto the pitchfork like the good obedient novice that I am if you want :shock: I only ask that when you realize I am not the darkfriend you tell my family that I died saving a poor little kitten who was stuck on the roof of a barn. When I climbed up to get him I fell onto the pitchfork.

Guest Segurant

Well Nailea, you are dragged to the town square and sentenced by Jason for the murder of BillyBob. The mob looks on as Jason reads the charges and pronounces you as a darkfriend.

The crowd begins to cheer as a dagger pierces your heart.

The crowd returns to the taverns to celebrate justice being served. The villagers return to their beds, thinking that they are now safe from evil.

Or so they thought. The next morning, as if mocking the drunken crowd, MsDanya is found dead. It seems she was drowned in a barrel of ale.

OK, darkfriends, send me your next victims. Dream send me your questeion.

Okay, well. Obviously Nailea wasn't the Darkfriend. Its an honest mistake that any angry mob could make. I think the important thing now is to investigate MsDanya's murder in a fair and evenhanded manner.

Now, was there anyone here who wished her harm?

I'm going to have to go with Danya. She seems a bit shifty and she loves liverpaste... that's just not right.

Ohhh hmmmm... It must have been the smell of liverpaste that was making me think Danya was evil... hmmm....

Jhaenara! Jhaenara is our Darkfriend! When her plot to trick us all into murdering Danya for her backfired' date=' she resorted to more...[i']direct[/i] means. My friends, we must off Jhae before she offs us.

I didn't say I wanted harm to come to her, just that she was a Darkfriend! *Aes Sedai look* I can't help that they execute DFs around here!

And to think I wasn't one of your accusers! I would never have thought it was my Amyrlin. But after this accusation and my dream of you coming after me with a huge metal pudding spoon last night has changed my mind. I cast my vote for Kathana!

((BTW, you didn't bold, are you really accusing me? *gives puppy dog eyes* Hahaa))

Of course I was trying to get you to change your vote. The angry mob was trying to kill me!

And no, I'm not voting for Jhaenara...yet. I'm merely presenting my evidence. I'm not seeing a whole of proof here, just a lot of bandwagon jumping.

Oh and Jimmy talks in his sleep. Who knows what secrets he might reveal to me?

I didn't say I wanted harm to come to her' date=' just that she was a Darkfriend! *Aes Sedai look*[/quote']

I don't know, Jhae, that was convenient for you. And really, what sort of Aes Sedai _wouldn't_ want to harm Darkfriends? That, in itself, seems rather damning.

As for Kathana being the Darkfriend - she could very well be, but it seems a little too obvious to be true. (And if you think she's acting strange, you obviously haven't known her long enough. *grins*) It seems more likely that she's being cleverly framed, as a way to draw attention from the true Darkfriends. Sure, she convinced us all that Nailea was the real Darkfriend, but she'd already been well accused before then - why not kill off one of the ringleaders accusing her, instead of Danya?

"Dear Parents of Nailea Sedai:

It is my solomn and unfortunate duty to inform you that your daughter has died in the service of the White Tower. Her courage and loyalty will not soon be forgotten.

As you well know, the White Tower strives always to serve the people and protect them from the Shadow. Nailea Sedai was acting in the best spirit of these traditions when she died. The tale of her courageous ascent to the roof of the barn to rescue a stuck kitten, and the heroism of her sacrifice to save that kitten at the cost of her own life is a story that the Tower will never fail to affirm.

Please accept our deepest thanks for your daughter's service, and our sympathy with you in your time of loss.

In the Light,

The White Tower,

Tar Valon"

Jason - I'm sending this to you for your signature; feel free to pass it around for the Aes Sedai to acknowledge as well.

wait, wait... are we SURE someone using the OP was responsible for MsDanya's death? I mean, she drowned in ale!! Was she a boozer? Was she friends with Nailea and just drowning her sorrows (and herself by mistake?) Where's the proof that this was a result of foul play???

/reason

a ngry="mob" Kill Kathana!!! /a (and no, not bolded, taking a little while to think)

Archived