DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What events are you most anticipating for the remainder of aMoL?

Crael123

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main thing I want to see is Rand HAPPY again.

When he goes back to everyone after breaking his brooding spell and can somewhat enjoy life again before TG.

Also cannot wait to see Thom and Mat rescue Moiraine.

Nynaeve and Lan reunion.

Verin's letters (and wishing that she comes back from the dead but not forced to work for the DO)

How Fain got his groove back.

Showdown in little black tower.

Brotherhood of the wolfbrothers.

The talented Mr Demandred.

Aviendha queen of the desert.

Journey to the centre of Shayol Ghul.

Big trouble in the tower of genjii.

Once upon a time in the borderlands.

The Rand, The Moridin and Themselves.

Continuing the movie night theme...

Enter the Tower of Ghenjei

A Beautiful Mindtrap

The Lion, The Witch (Elaida) and Elayne's Wardrobe

The Usual Suspects of Asmodean's killer

A Tale of Multiple Towers

A Tree Grows in Rhuidean

Revenge of the Finns

Every which way but leaf.

Whats eating Mazrim Taim?

Being Rand Al'Thor.

Inglorious Asha'mans.

Rand Al'Thor and the Last Battle.

Rand al'thor or how I stopped worring and learned to love the balefire.

Elayne and irresponsibilty.

Mat Chauthon and the prince of ravnes.

Mr Rand goes to Shayol Ghul.

Last battle now.

Finding Moraine.

Gone with the balefire.

No country for renagade asha'men

close encounters of the finn kind.

Dances with wolves

All the amyrlins women.

The taimshank redemption.

Mats choice.

Chronicles of the Dragon (Rands new memories)

A Song of Eyeless Fear (Rand meets Shaidar Haran)

Me, Myself and Elan Morin (Rand and Moridin merge)

Call of Booty 4: Randland Whorefare (Rand+Aviendha+Elayne+Min, Mat+Tuon+Selucia, Perrin+Faile+Berelain)

A Series of Fortunate Events (Fain tracks Rand, noting that the chaotic state of the world creates an easy path for him)

mb, please don't ruin people's fun be reminding us that gawyn has to live.

On Gawyn though, forget Eliada for the moment but on the matter of Morgase, he hears from a peddler that rumor says she's dead and Rand killed.  The only way I can forgive a prospective first prince for believing rumor, instead of waiting to ascertain the truth is if the peddler were a foresaken and used compulsion.

Agreed, the only thing that would redeem Gawyn would be compulsion, and even then he would be pretty retarded for siding with the bad guys at the WT coup.

how was elayne tortured?

Maybe mental/emotional torment.  She has worried about several things throughout the series; about Rand, about her country.

Possibly also her being kidnapped.

how was elayne tortured?

She wasn't. I meant she has tortured readers.

I guess the question was in response to my comment of all characters having had torture (depending on interpretation).

• 1 month later...

Elayne doesn't realize that her kids will be born healthy, but there's nothing there that says SHE will survive

Genius. I love it

Agreed I always thought she was being really stupid about it. I mean who's to say she won't recieve an injury of some sort or be tormented in someway while her babies are just fine? I mean really I can see Hanlon having his fun with her while not killing her or hurting her babies at all. Stupid Elayne.

Strictly based on Arthurian legends I think Galad is going to be fine.  As others have said Galad and Gawyn reversed.  In the beginning Galad was detestable but now Gawyn is.

Well, technically according to Arthurian legends both Gawain and Galahad die.

This ties into the dueling discussion people were having, so I'll weigh in on that (using a purely Arthurian correlation to determine skill):

In the Arthurian legends (some, anyway... obviously legends are varied), Lancelot and Arthur have a falling out because of Lancelot's infidelity with Guinevere.  Lancelot flees to France, and Arthur goes after him.  Gawain and Lancelot duel three times - Gawain loses each time, and the third time is wounded badly and dies.  Thus, I would say Lan would win out in a duel with Gawyn (I realize the correlation does not necessarily mean anything, it's just a fun speculation).

Lancelot, the most famous of Arthur's knights, was only beaten once that is recorded - he is unhorsed by Galahad (his son via the Lady Elaine), who is the Perfect Knight that Lancelot was not (do to his infidelity, etc.).  Thus, I pick Galad to beat Lan in a duel.  In the quest to find the Holy Grail, Galahad is one of the knights that finds it (along with Percival and... Bors, I think(?)).  Upon seeing the Holy Relic, Galahad asks to die, since no other achievement in life could ever compare, and he is granted his wish.

So, in Arthurian legend, Galahad and Gawain both die, and Galahad - Lancelot - Gawain is the order of "skill" per se.  Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, since characters are not exact reduplications, but is just kind of an interesting tidbit.

Also, although as I said they're more the basis of the characters and don't mean they'll turn out anything like the Arthurian counterparts, note the similarities between the following: Egwene al'Vere - Guinevere, Galad - Galahad, Gawyn - Gawain, Lan - Lancelot (although not necessarily a character correlation), Elayne - Elaine.  Most people already knew this, I'm sure, but thought I'd mention it in case some aren't very familiar with Arthurian legend, as it's always kind of interesting to see where inspiration is drawn from.

As for stuff I want to see, I also want to see Rand happy again, as the Lord of the Morning - someone that people are willing to follow because he is worthy of following, not because they have to.  I also want to see more Mat (my favorite, like many), and am looking forward to the revelation of his new status to his friends.  I hope it's not lackluster.

Surely Egwene's got a bit too much of a case of the Maggie Thatchers to be compared to Guinevere for anything other than phonetics? (i.e she's a bit strident. just a bit)

I love this thread. It's reminding me how much I love this series, and how much I'm looking forward to the big showdown & all the wrap up stuff.

I wanna see:

yep, Rand post VOG. Really hoping that is the best mix of RJ & Brandon possible, I'd imagine it will be pivotal in so many ways. I expect Rand's new behaviour (good, bad or indifferent) will dictate how cohesive the forces of the Light are pre-TG.

Mat bossing his silly wife about. That will be fun.

Perrin finding Elyas, getting enough answers, and quitting with the fecking moaning. I hadn't thought about it til some of you mentioned it, but he really has been a whinger for AAAAAGES. Yep, Faile's fault.

On a tangent, there, I wouldn't be surprised if something fishy emerges about the Basheres - Rand wasn't impressed with the Borderlanders for going gallivanting, but Bashere acted as if he were afraid of Tenobia instead of going investigating.

Verin's letters.

Rand & Cadsuane. Some major fun scenes there.

Eg v Mesaana could be good. Nyn v Moggie, although the cour'souvra (and months of dishwashing) did kinda knock the spirit out of her, so it prob wouldn't be a fair fight.

Lan leading Borderlanders - (poss including chastened leaders) -him being the leader he's been reared to be.

Ooh! Nyn catching Myrelle and taking Lan's bond. Ooh! Wait, didn't Myrelle go to BT? Wow wow wow if they were all turned by 13/13 - she could use compulsion on Lan - actually I really wanna see Nyn v Myrelle now. Much better opponent than Moggie.

Ooh so looking forward to this book.  

Somebody - anybody - putting manners on Taim.

Demandred not being anti-climactic, I'm not enthused about his prospects though.

Loads more, but that's enough for now...

Actually, yeah wouldn't feel any sorrow if various unpleasant things happened to Gawyn. First Prince of the Sword my arse.

Galad though has promise, and I really really want him to discover he can learn to channel. His scene pre Valda fight really indicates that, I reckon - all that seeing insects miles away and hearing everything nonsense.

And finally, inspired by something Luckers put in on his Secret Wishes for ToM/AMoL - Rand, quietly canoodling with Elayne, mentions he needs someone to keep Seafolk in line. Elayne goes scarlet, thinking ofher own troubles with them, then stops and says "Actually, Mat was surprisingly effective on that cartload of bossy b**ches..."

So fun.

Nyneave would crush any so-called Aes Sedai, she needs a foresaken level opponent of either gender or multiple opponents her being so strong and all plus the strong angreal.  Maybe a Tam POV and possibly leading the Army of Illian.  The unseen foe that perrin must confront and to see if Luckers is right.

Yeah, but all the Forsaken women are not up to scratch for a proper set to with Nyn at this stage.

A dark Myrell could be fun, and I seem to remember she's not a weakling, and she could have some

angreal or something... Yeah, I know, it sounds like reaching now.

Which male Forsaken was it Nyn dueled in her trip through the rings for Accepted? Is he still

extant?

Yeah, but all the Forsaken women are not up to scratch for a proper set to with Nyn at this stage.

A dark Myrell could be fun, and I seem to remember she's not a weakling, and she could have some

angreal or something... Yeah, I know, it sounds like reaching now.

Which male Forsaken was it Nyn dueled in her trip through the rings for Accepted? Is he still

extant?

aginor, and he died twice, once at the Eye of the World and once as Dashiva, by Elza at the Cleansing. so no

Nyneave would crush any so-called Aes Sedai, she needs a foresaken level opponent of either gender or multiple opponents her being so strong and all plus the strong angreal.  Maybe a Tam POV and possibly leading the Army of Illian.  The unseen foe that perrin must confront and to see if Luckers is right.

i agree

True, but would that fight be entertaining enough? Now, Lanfear and Nyn could have been fun. Maybe if somebody's made Cyndane stronger,- angreal etc, perhaps- ,then she could be v pissed at Nyn's place of trust with Rand. That could work, lots of hair pullin'...

Archived