DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What events are you most anticipating for the remainder of aMoL?

Crael123

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once Gawyn finds out his mommy's alive, he'll cry and beg forgiveness, then Egwene will bond him.

What I don't get is why nobody has bothered to tell Gawyn or Gareth that Gaebril was Rahvin.  When Egwene was in Cairhien with him, it would have been a simple matter to bring up and everytime Gareth bitched about Morgase, it would have been easy to mention that she didn't do any of the things that he's pissed off with her for doing and she was just a puppet parroting whatever words Rahvin put in her mouth.

Given that it's now eight books later, it's a bit silly and lame to have people even be aware of this fact so that they can consider it.

- Male Aes Sedai.

- Gawyn finding out how totally wrong he was about Rand and impulsively swearing something foolish.

Just have to say that people hating Gawyn are so unfair! He actually believes that Rand is a monster who killed his mother and has used magic to win his sisters heart! He is a nice guys really, in the first book when he first met Rand they were getting along just fine! now back to the topic..

- Rands new personality (simply realising fully the changes from Veins of gold).

- Someone Forcing Tuon to realise that what she is doing is so utterly selvish, and foolish. (Forces of the lights perspective) AND ! Binding her to Rand.

(This are my wishes/expectations of the next book not the last)

Once Gawyn finds out his mommy's alive, he'll cry and beg forgiveness, then Egwene will bond him.

What I don't get is why nobody has bothered to tell Gawyn or Gareth that Gaebril was Rahvin.  When Egwene was in Cairhien with him, it would have been a simple matter to bring up and everytime Gareth bitched about Morgase, it would have been easy to mention that she didn't do any of the things that he's pissed off with her for doing and she was just a puppet parroting whatever words Rahvin put in her mouth.

Given that it's now eight books later, it's a bit silly and lame to have people even be aware of this fact so that they can consider it.

Gareth was told it was Rahvin, he didn't seem to care.  As for Gawyn, if he won't take Egwene's word that Rand didn't kill his mom, I highly doubt he'd believe she was under the influence of the Forsaken.

Hell hardly anyone knows or believes they're free even this late in the game.

Gareth was told it was Rahvin, he didn't seem to care.  As for Gawyn, if he won't take Egwene's word that Rand didn't kill his mom, I highly doubt he'd believe she was under the influence of the Forsaken.

Hell hardly anyone knows or believes they're free even this late in the game.

When was he told he ws Rahvin?  I don't remember that.  His musings in TGS about what a big poo-poo head Morgase was seem to indicate that he felt she was in control of her actions and he couldn't understand why she acted the way she did.  That doesn't square with his knowing that she was a mindless slave.

Also, even if Egwene couldn't prove it to Gawyn, isn't it a relevant datapoint that was worth putting out there?

These people really do need to start using the Dream World to post Facebook updates or something to keep everyone informed.

Avi knifing Elayne and Min to then run along with Rand for the rest of her life

Seconded! Remember, Elaynes KIDS are going to be fine. Elayne herself is a different matter. Aaaaahahahaha

ahhh we all hate elayne. thirded

actually she's one of my favourites, but then I have a soft spot for redheads.  i was so sad when sheriam turned out to be black and lost her head :'(

Avi knifing Elayne and Min to then run along with Rand for the rest of her life

Seconded! Remember, Elaynes KIDS are going to be fine. Elayne herself is a different matter. Aaaaahahahaha

ahhh we all hate elayne. thirded

actually she's one of my favourites, but then I have a soft spot for redheads.  i was so sad when sheriam turned out to be black and lost her head :'(

she has blonde hair!!! you can hate her too!

I think her hair is described as red-gold.

I'm hoping when Gawyn finds out Morgase is alive that he jumps on his sword and then Egwene jumps the tower in grief.  He'd make a pathetic first prince anyway.

yeah. he kind of reminds me of those guys that you see their face and you just wana smash your fist into their chin? yeah. gawyn lost me in book 6. or when he sided with eliada and killed hammer. the only cool thing he has ever done was get his ass kicked by matt after he was recovering from his life saving opperation. gawyn kind of deserves to die in my opinion

Egwene had a number of Dreams about Gawyn that are currently unfulfilled; his death would need to come after those are fulfilled.

An event I would like to see is the Seanchan (especially Tuon/Fortuona) realizing that they are the superstitious people instead of the people on the main continent.

Just to clarify, I was implying their omens; not necessarily that superstitions are bad.

Another event that I would like to see is Egwene having a face-to-face Telaranrhiod encounter with a Forsaken; does not matter which one but preferably one that is a Dreamwalker.  The Dreamwalking Forsaken I take to be Moghedien, Cyndane (since Lanfear could), and Moridin (since Ishamael seemed able).

gawyn kind of deserves to die in my opinion

Seconded. Obviously, atleast a few people we know are going to die in TG and I'm so hoping Gawyn is one of them.

Thirded.

Another event that I would like to see is Egwene having a face-to-face Telaranrhiod encounter with a Forsaken; does not matter which one but preferably one that is a Dreamwalker

I like this idea. I wouldnt mind if Egwene killed Moghdedien, although in the same breath Moghedien would be a good kill for Nynaeve to represent her development. Egwene vs Mesaana seems like the most likely one, which in a way screams to me that it wont happen.

gawyn kind of deserves to die in my opinion

Seconded. Obviously, atleast a few people we know are going to die in TG and I'm so hoping Gawyn is one of them.

Fourthed.

mb, please don't ruin people's fun be reminding us that gawyn has to live.

On Gawyn though, forget Eliada for the moment but on the matter of Morgase, he hears from a peddler that rumor says she's dead and Rand killed.  The only way I can forgive a prospective first prince for believing rumor, instead of waiting to ascertain the truth is if the peddler were a foresaken and used compulsion.

resolution in the black tower/ what happened too all of the sisters who went to find warders

Forcibly turned to the DO with the 13 Myrddraal 13 Dread Lords. RJ, if I remember correctly, said we would be seeing that happen towards the end.

Sorry guys, I'm going back over the series and I'm really enjoying Gawyn.

He has one role in life, protect his sister.  Falling in love with Egwene and having those two go get in trouble have pretty much unhinged him.

I feel bad for the guy.

Most of what everyone else said.

Also, the "remnant of a remnant" of the Aiel that Rand saves.

I'm thinking the Wise Ones got it wrong, and all the Aiel are going to be slaughtered anyhow - But the Tinkers will be saved somehow. Or the Way of the Leaf will spread over Seanchan

Archived