DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What events are you most anticipating for the remainder of aMoL?

Crael123

Besides, all Rand negotiates will only last until TG whether he dies or not; he probably is gonna want to take a 3000 year nap or so.  The world will probably dissolve into chaos anyway, not to mention the damage that the odd million man shadowspawn army will do

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing is Perrin's given the Seanchan Emonds Field but said he will protect Amadicia or is that Ghealdan.  There going to be some fun there. ;D

Well, not necessarily.  All Perrin promised (from what I remember) is that he wouldn't try to rebuild Manetheren.  Which means that he wouldn't go after the parts of Manetheren that are in Ghealdan, which means that he wouldn't fight the Seanchan if they occupied that country.  Emond's Field is part of Andor though.  So I don't think he 'gave' it to the Seanchan.

this goees back to what i said before the prophecy that says rand has to bow to tuon makes her feel like shes important to winning the last battle and by the way i disagree with people who say the want tuon to die because i see potential for her if she just lightens up a bit

I agree, I dont want Tuon to die. I wish she could have been pulled into it sooner so we might have seen her stay for a while, let us get to know her better. I wish there was more time for her to have a longer development arc, time for her to join Rand, Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, Elayne, Aviendha and Egwene as main developing characters.

this goees back to what i said before the prophecy that says rand has to bow to tuon makes her feel like shes important to winning the last battle and by the way i disagree with people who say the want tuon to die because i see potential for her if she just lightens up a bit

I agree, I dont want Tuon to die. I wish she could have been pulled into it sooner so we might have seen her stay for a while, let us get to know her better. I wish there was more time for her to have a longer development arc, time for her to join Rand, Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, Elayne, Aviendha and Egwene as main developing characters.

Tuon PoVs are some of my favorites, so I hope we get some more. And as for her lightening up a bit, I think Mat will be a good influence on her in that regard. ;)

Tuon PoVs are some of my favorites, so I hope we get some more. And as for her lightening up a bit, I think Mat will be a good influence on her in that regard.

Another dominating bitch, whoes female population has all but exterminated male channellers like rats.  I'm glad we didn't.

Tuon PoVs are some of my favorites, so I hope we get some more. And as for her lightening up a bit, I think Mat will be a good influence on her in that regard. ;)

Definitely. I'd really like it if we ever did get those outriggers with Mat and Tuon. Especially if Olver was in it. He reminds me a bit of Jimmy the Hand from Raymond E Feists midkemia books.

I think her PoV in TGS when she met Rand was great, everything about that scene made for a brilliant scene in a film. I like the way she reacted to Rand, and I think the fact that she thinks she is more important than she is is good as well, because so far she has no reason to think otherwise. She hasnt seen the good things Rand has done, what he has gone through, and exactly what he is up against. I'd like it if she somehow had some sort of empathy with Rand before he dies.

Does anyone else think that Rand may 'give' the south and east to the seanchan? remember when he goes off on his own ready to anihilate the seanchan forces and once he sees how peaceful everyone seems he can't bring himself to do it? When i read this i thought "maybe he thinks people are better off under this rule for the time being" ... ?

It would provide a fairly quick solution to uniting everyone for TG.

He could make a deal where he allows the seanchan invasion and they both cooperate for TG... maybe he could be seen to 'bow to the crystal throne' in here somewhere too...

It's a bit hard to give them something they already have, or did you mean he'd let them take Illian and Tear as well?

But yes, my feeling is the Seanchan will retain control of what they've taken with Perrin and Elayne and their new nations sitting as a buffer.

I think Gawyn could probably take Lan. Gawyn is bad-ass with a blade.

No way.  I am 100% certain that Lan would annihilate Gawyn or any swordsman in the world for that matter. Lan may well be Jearom reborn.  That said, Shadar Haran would annihilate Lan.  SH is part of the Dark One.  

Keep in mind that Sleet at his prime fought Lan the young lad, and still Lan won 5 out of 7.    

Similar discussion was had of Galad, prior to Vanin.  I remember having a similar discussion...and saying how Lan would destroy little Galad.

Riatin was able to stand toe-to-toe with Rand, yet was only able to land a single scratch on Lan before dying.

In the series there is no better fighter or blademaster than Lan.  His fights when he was a young lad of 20 or early 20's has little bearings on his fighting prowess now, which are at its peak.

Lan prime > any other blademaster in this prime, possible exception is Jearom...

Actually, in "New Spring" Lan admits that his foe (cant remember name off hand) was always better at the sword that he was. In "the Gathering Storm" Gawyn whips both warders a few times without ever loseing, and (cant remember name) had won some against Lan back when he would still spar with other warders. And he now had the help of another warder by his side who was no slouch.

Gawyn would beat Lan.

*edit* And Shaidar Haran would wtf pwn both of them together. Fain will kill Shaidar Haran for trying to attack Rand.

If they fought 100 times, Gawyn may win once against Lan of today, but it is doubtful.

Lan of today is a far greater warrior than he was 20 years ago.  Lan I suspect is around 40 years old now. When he fought his countrymen he was around 20 years old!  A young lad.  Lan of today would have annihilated his fellow countrymen with probably 1 scratch.  His fellow countrymen was older than Lan and at his prime.

If Gawyn had fought Hammar 2 years ago, he would have lost.

That is why in the real world, even the most talented fighters are not sent against the top tier fighters in the beginning part of their career.

Prime Lan > and prime swordsman with the possible exception of Jearom.  But I suspect Lan is Jearom reborn. 

Im convinced Galad is better than Gawyn. I think Galad would have been the next in line, as in Lan, then Rand pre-Semirhage, Galad... we dont know how good Tam is. And Tam, although he is a blademaster, says a staff can easily beat a sword, so maybe being experienced on both sides might make him a contender given how much RJ went on about the staff vs sword. Perfect example, Mat beating both Galad AND Gawyn while he was ill and they have so much potential.

I would laugh my head off... if Lan and Gawyn fought and Gawyn gets nowhere. The fight continues, Gawyn cant get any opportunities so he leaves an opening to Sheathe the Sword, but Lan being the ultimate swordsman saw it for what it was and used the opening for a precision strike through Gawyns heart. I would love that, because not only does Gawyn die, it would be a great show of Lans skill-to use a blademasters instincts against them. Plus, Gawyn dies.

Lan, to me, is the best of the best, and still is even when you take into account everyones potential. Rand I think would have been good enough to match Lan I think, gets an unfair edge because when he does the flame and Void he embraces Saidin and gets his senses amplified and pain immunity. But then his hand is gone so hes out of the game. I think Lans potential when he was Galad/Gawyns age was greater than theirs, they IMO arent as good which ever way you look at it.

Lan is ice. The argument that Gawyn beat whoever it was that went 2 out of 7 with Lan isn't really sound. That was most likely some time ago, and I don't remember for certain how many times Gawyn and those two Warder's sparred, but I think it was twice, which is far from seven. No doubt Lan is better then he once was. But all speculation aside, we most likely will never see Gawyn and Lan spar. However, I would like to see Gawyn and Galad spar, because for a long time I thought Galad was the better swordsman. I'm not sure anymore with the recent PoV's from both characters, with Gawyn handily beating Warders and Galad nearly being gutted by Valda. Maybe Valda was just that good.

On topic, I'm most anticipating:

Rand, Mat, and Perrin reunion

Rand and Egwene confrontation

Mat and Tuon together again + their marriage revealed to Rand and Perrin

Cannons being deployed in combat = AWESOME

I would love to see Elaida as damane

Black Tower's destruction

Moiraine's rescue

I would love to see a scene between Rand and the WT echoing the scene that occurred with Logain and the rebel AS. Rand goes to WT, knows Egwene's anger and hopefully shakes it off like something inconsequential, then tells Egwene and AS they need to command Gareth Bryne to marshal the army and march for the Blight. Ewgene bristles, saying something like "The Tower has been attacked, Sisters are dead or captured. We must mourn our losses and rebuild". Rand, echoing Logain, then says "Mourn if you must, but mourn on the march for Tarmon Gai'don". And the AS all felt a chill and shiver and all that. Yes. This would be excellent. Do it, Sanderson.

Im convinced Galad is better than Gawyn. I think Galad would have been the next in line, as in Lan, then Rand pre-Semirhage, Galad... we dont know how good Tam is. And Tam, although he is a blademaster, says a staff can easily beat a sword, so maybe being experienced on both sides might make him a contender given how much RJ went on about the staff vs sword. Perfect example, Mat beating both Galad AND Gawyn while he was ill and they have so much potential.

I think Galad is better when it just comes to pure skills. However, I think Gawyn has more of a killer instinct. In other words, Galad would whoop Gawyns behind in sparring. In a duel to death though, I think I would put my money on Gawyn.

Of course, Lan would kill them both while eating a sandwich at the same time ;D

I also suspect that Gawyn is now a hair better than Galad.  We shall see.

Rand, while not fighting seriously fought Riatin to a draw. No doubt in a real fight it would be Rand who is the winner, but it would be a close fight. 

Lan dimisssed Riatin like he was complete trash.

All the 3 Ta'avern are immensely talented fighters.  I would probably give Matt the slight edge. 

As mentioned above, a SICK Matt defeated both Galad and Gawyn.  Sure, Galad and Gawyn were still training, hardly hardened veterans and have become far better...BUT Matt was SICK and fought BOTH AT ONCE.

Lan however would destroy anyone one-on-one in a face to face confrontation who was not a power user.

Rand will be the only one who could conceivably defeat Shadar Haran.  Rand has access to the True Power.

I really want to see Fortuona meet Setalle Anan, once the latter is an Aes Sedai again.  The only way I can imagine Tuon really coming to accept that channelers are not animals is if someone she knows and respects, as a person, turns out to be an Aes Sedai.

I know some people think it would be enough for Tuon to be collared herself, but I don't think it would.  Sul'dam who have been collared in the past have inevitably tried to deny the situation.  It is something that they put behind them and try not to think about.  Or, in one case, a sul'dam decided she herself was marath'damane, and needed to be collared, etc.  I don't think that being collared herself would change Tuon's view of marath'damane; she needs a "role model"--someone to show her that one can be able to channel and still be a person worthy of respect.  Setalle Anan is the perfect candidate for this, and I really want to see how Fortuona reacts to the revelation.

Sooner or later, Tuon/Fortuona might use the male adam on Rand.  And somewhere in the process (if it is used), Rand would gain control of her; that state would be almost equivalent to she being collared.

Sooner or later, Tuon/Fortuona might use the male adam on Rand.  And somewhere in the process (if it is used), Rand would gain control of her; that state would be almost equivalent to she being collared.

Why would any of the readers look forward to such an event with "anticipation"?  I think Rand has been through enough of that sort of thing, and I imagine just about everyone agrees with me.

Why would any of the readers look forward to such an event with "anticipation"?  I think Rand has been through enough of that sort of thing, and I imagine just about everyone agrees with me.

I was not telling that people expected this; only that it might happen.

A character having enough of something, that does not prevent the character from experiencing the something again.  Though if it happens with Tuon, that situation would likely have some differences than with Semirhage.

I was not telling that people expected this; only that it might happen.

A character having enough of something, that does not prevent the character from experiencing the something again.  Though if it happens with Tuon, that situation would likely have some differences than with Semirhage.

I was referring to the purpose of this thread.  I think the scenario you suggest is theoretically possible, although very unlikely, but if no one wants it to happen, why bring it up here?

I still think we are heading to Seanchan and the Towers of Midnight either to rescue Rand again or Fortuona.  Which will be a cliffhanger leading into aMoL. Prologue will tie up the loose ends from TOM.  the first third will be the Plan, second third will setting plan in motion, final third the battle. Epilogue will be 100 years into the future and we will hear that everyone has died of old age in bed with no teeth. ;D

I still think we are heading to Seanchan and the Towers of Midnight either to rescue Rand again or Fortuona.  Which will be a cliffhanger leading into aMoL. Prologue will tie up the loose ends from TOM.  the first third will be the Plan, second third will setting plan in motion, final third the battle. Epilogue will be 100 years into the future and we will hear that everyone has died of old age in bed with no teeth. ;D

Wasn't the last part of aMoL which now is actually aMoL completely about TG. So, I would think the setup, the plan etc needs to happen in ToM itself. The execution of said plans deserves a full book IMO.

Archived