DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What events are you most anticipating for the remainder of aMoL?

Crael123

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, in "New Spring" Lan admits that his foe (cant remember name off hand) was always better at the sword that he was. In "the Gathering Storm" Gawyn whips both warders a few times without ever loseing, and (cant remember name) had won some against Lan back when he would still spar with other warders. And he now had the help of another warder by his side who was no slouch.

Gawyn would beat Lan.

*edit* And Shaidar Haran would wtf pwn both of them together. Fain will kill Shaidar Haran for trying to attack Rand.

Gawyn vs. Lan would be a fight not over soon

Gawyn might be able to kick Rand's ass and probably Perrin if Perrin doesn't get lucky before running out of adrenaline.

Mat would still kick Gawyn's ass

I really wish the ghosts of Hammar and coulin would come back and split Gawyn's head for him

I want this scene:

Rand and Fortuona meet up to try again at making a truce. While talking terms, Rand's like, but my general will be in charge of the armies of the Light. And Fortuona's like, no my husband is going to command our combined armies. Then she brings out Mat and Rand wets himself realizing they were talking about the same guy - and that MAT is MARRIED. To Seanchan royalty, no less.  :D

I want this scene:

Rand and Fortuona meet up to try again at making a truce. While talking terms, Rand's like, but my general will be in charge of the armies of the Light. And Fortuona's like, no my husband is going to command our combined armies. Then she brings out Mat and Rand wets himself realizing they were talking about the same guy - and that MAT is MARRIED. To Seanchan royalty, no less.  :D

The irony there does sound like something RJ would do...

I think Gawyn could probably take Lan. Gawyn is bad-ass with a blade.

I had the BEST EVER response to that, but the PG 13 thing is there so.... I think Gawyn is a little girl.

Im waiting for Noals revelation at the Tower of Ghenji when Isam turns up while Mat and co are inside.

Also waiting for proof that Shaidar doesnt simply radiate a non-channeling effect. And I really want to know exactly he did to Alviarin.

I want a flashback of Mats fight against Couladin. that was as good a one on one lineup as Mat would ever have had chance for, given how aggressive Couladin was. Would have loved to have seen Mat whip him with the ashandarei.

Actually, in "New Spring" Lan admits that his foe (cant remember name off hand) was always better at the sword that he was. In "the Gathering Storm" Gawyn whips both warders a few times without ever loseing, and (cant remember name) had won some against Lan back when he would still spar with other warders. And he now had the help of another warder by his side who was no slouch.

Gawyn would beat Lan.

*edit* And Shaidar Haran would wtf pwn both of them together. Fain will kill Shaidar Haran for trying to attack Rand.

ummm..... you are talking about the warder that beat lan in tgs? as i recall it said that he beat Lan TWO out of TEN times. he got his butt wupped the other EIGHT times.

i also forgot to mention i can not wait to see how alivia helps rand die.

Yessss! And I want to see how Rand comes back after dying. He better had!!

I want to see Moridin with either Shaidar or Taim. Im positive hes one of them, and it would be a terrible waste in either case.

I'd like to see Mat take a stand against Fortuona re damane, especially since his sister would be collared.  I'm pretty sure that he is the key to getting the custom reversed.  It would be nice to see her collared, perhaps. 

I think the next third of the book will cover everything up to final battle placement.  The borderlanders will be sorted out.  Whatever is going to upset the White Tower and cause a Seanchan woman to help Egwene will happen. The black tower VS Logain will also occur.  Even if we dont get the final conclusion to it, we should at least get Logains planning and arrival at Black Tower.  We will also find out indirectly what was in Verin's multiple letters and the actions they represent. I do want Mat's story line to cover all of his doings from his stay in Caemlyn to his Tower of Genjei rescue.  I highly doubt we will see too much action out of Moiraine.

BTW, since I'm at work and don't have a book with me... Can anyone tell me if Tuon mentioned to Rand only that she was kidnapped by Mat or did she go on and inform Rand that Mat is her husband?

BTW, since I'm at work and don't have a book with me... Can anyone tell me if Tuon mentioned to Rand only that she was kidnapped by Mat or did she go on and inform Rand that Mat is her husband?

she never told rand she and mat were married

No, she didn't. She said that Mat had kidnapped her, and mused to herself about Mat's status but not out loud. She asked Rand and Nynaeve what kind of man Mat was, and was surprised at their support of him. But then Rand forcibly changed the subject, saying 'Mat doesn't matter', and turned his ta'veren will on Tuon ( who managed to resist). The meeting ended with no further mention of Mat.

Ok, Thanks!  I guess then the whole revelation that they are married will be quite shocking to the Rand and Perrin camps. I think Mat will end up overseeing the Seanchan army as well.  It also will be great for Abel Cauthon to meet her and the Band since practically everyone still thinks Mat is a Lord and just hiding the fact.  But for that to happen, Perrin's Army, Rand's entourage and Mat's Band and the Seanchan will need to get together all neatly by the end of TOM and look north towards the blight together.  Good ending for TOM I think.

Gawyn would beat Lan.

ummm..... you are talking about the warder that beat lan in tgs? as i recall it said that he beat Lan TWO out of TEN times. he got his butt wupped the other EIGHT times.

I was just trying to prove that Lan is indeed defeatable. And Gawyn ass whooped a man that had caused Lan to concede, when that man had the aid of another trained warder. How many times would he have defeated Lan if he had another warder to aid him? Most likely more than two out of ten. And he defeated Gawyn ZERO times with the aid of another warder.

ok i dont think tuons gonna die i think that prophecy about rand bowing down to the crystal throne was false because i clearly remember a part in the books where a seanchan officer says something like the prophecies in the westland wernt as clear as the ones brought by luthair paendrag to seanchan in my opinion this clearly shows that the prophecy about rand bowing before the crystal throne was just made up to make the seanchan empire seem more important to the last battle.

I'm hoping to see the boys grow some and stop letting their woman dominate the books. 

Not likely.  >:(

All the boys seem to have collars on them, with Rand having 3, poor &*()_%$

In the last book Mat sounded more like a whinning kid

Perrin hasn't got any better since Fiale came into the series

Rand lost a hand because he couldn't tell Min to stay with the other team. 

They are all whipped  and if they don't grow some my collection will make a great Guy Fawkes bonfire this year.

Alright, look. That guy that Gawyn sparred against beat Lan 2 out of 7 spars, making him good.

But in Gawyns spar against that dude, he has time to think about how that dude got to where he is, were talking his ENTIRE WHITE TOWER HISTORY involvement. The other guy just stands there waiting for the vacant look to go from Gawyns eyes while he recounts the history of the world in his head.

Gawyn is good, but if he is anywhere near as good as Lan, whos been holding a sword since before Gawyn was a twinkling in his dads scrote, then TGS did a crap job of showing it. Lan would eat Gawyn alive. Galad, on the other hand, might prove a challenge, because he can probably spar against someone without daydreaming for 25 minutes.

That doesnt matter. If you're sparring with someone and you stand there for half your life thinking about what brought your partner here, and you come back to RL and he DOESNT have his sword at your neck, then it isnt a real spar is it? So basically that other guy is a crap sparring partner and any spar between him and Gawyn means nothing in my opinion, because every time Gawyn starts thinking about someone else he probably just stands there waiting.

All the sparring match did was show that Gawyn is at blade master level. Sure, he has a chance to beat Lan. Anyone can beat anyone if luck goes there way.(See Rand vs his first blademaster) That being said, I'm taking Lan in that fight every time. Gawyn isnt in control of his emotions like Lan is. Hes young and out of control.

Archived