DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What events are you most anticipating for the remainder of aMoL?

Crael123

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Lanfear got an angreal maybe but my money's on her going after Aviendha.  She was interrupted by Moiraine the last time she tried to kill Avi.  I know people had her vs. Greandal but I think Greandal will either survive TG or be taken out by Nyneave.

wait does lanfear even like rand anymore?

If Lanfear got an angreal maybe but my money's on her going after Aviendha.  She was interrupted by Moiraine the last time she tried to kill Avi.  I know people had her vs. Greandal but I think Greandal will either survive TG or be taken out by Nyneave.

Well on her love/hate rollercoaster with him she's currently in the "hate" zone. Last we've seen a PoV from her (At the end of WH I think?) she pretty much just wants him dead - by her own hand ideally - but I bet that she'd still love to kill any woman that she believed he cared for just to cause him as much pain as possible.

If Lanfear got an angreal maybe but my money's on her going after Aviendha.  She was interrupted by Moiraine the last time she tried to kill Avi.  I know people had her vs. Greandal but I think Greandal will either survive TG or be taken out by Nyneave.

Well, when Rand broken her heart by sleeping with Aviendhra...she attempted to kill him, Egwene, Aviendha over it.  You could say Lanfear was mildly possessive of Rand  :-*  ;)

It's almost as if Lanfear was native of Ebou Dar....

Actually I'm can't wait to see Cadsuane reaction to learning Lanfear never died.  Oh, just a wee bit of tension on Cadsuane face....

Lads, come on.Graendal's gone. Blown to kingdom come. We might get one more POV, but that's really it.

I guess some of us can't admit that Graendal's gone already ;) I am in the camp that believes Graendal used a proxy to put the compulsion on Ramshalan. 

I just dont think she was foolish enough to not escape as soon as she heard Rand was waiting for Ramshalan. Rands "make her think Im playing her game" was the downfall because he was playing her game, whether or not he thinks so. Rands plan boiled down to make sure shes there, aim, fire. If Graendal didnt have a plan of her own, I will expect Lan to challenge an armed blademaster and not bother getting his own sword out, and he dies fully aware of what happened. And everyone would be like "yeah Lans dead, nothing odd about the way it went down."

Lads, come on.Graendal's gone. Blown to kingdom come. We might get one more POV, but that's really it.

I guess some of us can't admit that Graendal's gone already ;) I am in the camp that believes Graendal used a proxy to put the compulsion on Ramshalan. 

I just dont think she was foolish enough to not escape as soon as she heard Rand was waiting for Ramshalan. Rands "make her think Im playing her game" was the downfall because he was playing her game, whether or not he thinks so. Rands plan boiled down to make sure shes there, aim, fire. If Graendal didnt have a plan of her own, I will expect Lan to challenge an armed blademaster and not bother getting his own sword out, and he dies fully aware of what happened. And everyone would be like "yeah Lans dead, nothing odd about the way it went down."

Honestly, with this little time left in the series, and so many loose ends left open, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a Graendel reappearance.  It wouldn't really serve any purpose.  Besides, why the hate for the way she was taken out?  I thought it was really well done, and even a testament to her skill.  Would you rather she just get killed in a flat out battle against some channeler that ends up better than her?  Or outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Egwene, or collared, or mind-trapped and raped by Shaidar Haran, etc?  I think anything short of Rand having to balefire an entire fortress to destroy her would be somewhat disappointing.

Honestly, with this little time left in the series, and so many loose ends left open, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a Graendel reappearance.  It wouldn't really serve any purpose.  Besides, why the hate for the way she was taken out?  I thought it was really well done, and even a testament to her skill.  Would you rather she just get killed in a flat out battle against some channeler that ends up better than her?  Or outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Egwene, or collared, or mind-trapped and raped by Shaidar Haran, etc?  I think anything short of Rand having to balefire an entire fortress to destroy her would be somewhat disappointing.

Its not the way she died that was amiss, its the fact that she is always hiped up on her skill, and then aparantly dies the first time Rand gets close to her. And the fact that Moridin ordered her to bring emotional pain to the Dragon, and then didnt even appear in the book at all after that. No way man.

She made Rand kill hundreds of innocents for nothing, made him think she was in there as well, and now Rand wont hunt her at all because he thinks shes dead. She'll kill one of the harem, mark my words.

Honestly, with this little time left in the series, and so many loose ends left open, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a Graendel reappearance.  It wouldn't really serve any purpose.  Besides, why the hate for the way she was taken out?  I thought it was really well done, and even a testament to her skill.  Would you rather she just get killed in a flat out battle against some channeler that ends up better than her?  Or outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Egwene, or collared, or mind-trapped and raped by Shaidar Haran, etc?  I think anything short of Rand having to balefire an entire fortress to destroy her would be somewhat disappointing.

Its not the way she died that was amiss, its the fact that she is always hiped up on her skill, and then aparantly dies the first time Rand gets close to her. And the fact that Moridin ordered her to bring emotional pain to the Dragon, and then didnt even appear in the book at all after that. No way man.

She made Rand kill hundreds of innocents for nothing, made him think she was in there as well, and now Rand wont hunt her at all because he thinks shes dead. She'll kill one of the harem, mark my words.

I think she may have set things in motion to try and kill one of the harem, but I don't think any of them are going to actually end up dead - after all, we have "the lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond" - I think they've all three got to be there at the end for Rand. Maybe she'll have an attack on Elayne and Mat will save her while in Caemlyn, or maybe she'll attack Min and Rand will save her (or she'll save herself - it would help her self-esteem at this point after Semirhage). The reason I haven't suggested Avi is that I don't see how Graendal could have predicted that Avi would end up going to the Waste rather suddenly and right before the Last Battle. Though Graendal is quite a plotter, so who knows?

Honestly, with this little time left in the series, and so many loose ends left open, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a Graendel reappearance.  It wouldn't really serve any purpose.  Besides, why the hate for the way she was taken out?  I thought it was really well done, and even a testament to her skill.  Would you rather she just get killed in a flat out battle against some channeler that ends up better than her?  Or outsmarted and outmaneuvered by Egwene, or collared, or mind-trapped and raped by Shaidar Haran, etc?  I think anything short of Rand having to balefire an entire fortress to destroy her would be somewhat disappointing.

I think she may have set things in motion to try and kill one of the harem, but I don't think any of them are going to actually end up dead - after all, we have "the lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond" - I think they've all three got to be there at the end for Rand. Maybe she'll have an attack on Elayne and Mat will save her while in Caemlyn, or maybe she'll attack Min and Rand will save her (or she'll save herself - it would help her self-esteem at this point after Semirhage). The reason I haven't suggested Avi is that I don't see how Graendal could have predicted that Avi would end up going to the Waste rather suddenly and right before the Last Battle. Though Graendal is quite a plotter, so who knows?

Ah I forgot about the 3 in the boat Foretelling. Graendal should kill Alanna then. Or they all do the boat thing and then Graendal arrives. Of course, that would mean Rand would die and live in ToM...

Shes not dead, alright? End of rant. If shes dead its another example of Forsaken not being worth the wait.

Hmmm.... not convinced, I must say. Although I guess it's not unreasonable to suggest that she found something funny in Ramshalan's visit and gated out of there pronto. If so, then she'll surely have some fun times ahead for us. How would Rand react to having killed so many to no purpose?

Hmmm.... not convinced, I must say. Although I guess it's not unreasonable to suggest that she found something funny in Ramshalan's visit and gated out of there pronto. If so, then she'll surely have some fun times ahead for us. How would Rand react to having killed so many to no purpose?

Rand: "Well that epiphany on top of Dragonmount was a complete waste of time! Turning back into Dark Rand in 3....2....."

Shes not dead, alright?

Since Ramshalan's Compulsion is gone, the person who placed it there has to be dead.  Nothing done by anybody else in the time would have been a direct cause to the Compulsion.

How would Rand react to having killed so many to no purpose?

Rand told that the balefire was merciful.  Giving mercy could be considered a purpose.

The only reason Graendal would flee for would be if she "saw" the balefire coming which seems doubtful because of her comment of not wanting Rahvin's fate (in an earlier book).

The only reason for Graendal to flee would be if she "saw" the balefire coming which seems doubtful because of her comment of not wanting Rahvin's fate (in an earlier book).

No, the only reason Graendal had to flee was finding out Rand was waiting for Ramshalan, after finding out Rand had "picked Ramshalan to help fight someone smarter than him, someone that wouldnt allow a confrontation."

Graendal is dead.

The compulsion she used on the man Rand sent in was gone when Rand used balefire.

Moving on to Mat..

I'm nervous that Brandon will mess up Mat.

He wasn't writing Mat up to par in the last book, but now he is basically the primary focus of the novel (Towers of Midnight) if he fails Mat, we will have to endure it for at least half of the book. :(

Graendal is dead.

The compulsion she used on the man Rand sent in was gone when Rand used balefire.

But we don't know for certain that it was Graendal that did the compulsion.  With all of her character buildup, it doesn't make sense for her death to occur off-screen like that.  Until it's proven for sure that she did the compulsion, I believe she's alive.

Moving on to Mat..

I'm nervous that Brandon will mess up Mat.

He wasn't writing Mat up to par in the last book, but now he is basically the primary focus of the novel (Towers of Midnight) if he fails Mat, we will have to endure it for at least half of the book. :(

I do share the same concern about Mat.  I felt Mat was off in TGS.  I'm hoping Brandon will be able to get him right for the last 2 volumes.

But we don't know for certain that it was Graendal that did the compulsion.

Yet there seems a slight chance of it being someone else.  Partly because few knew where to find her.  Partly because of the description Ramshalan gave.  Partly because she seems to seldom leave her place.  Partly because of the differences among Forsaken/Darkfriends.  Partly because she would not teach it to the Shaido (and likely not anybody else either).

The only reason for Graendal to flee would be if she "saw" the balefire coming which seems doubtful because of her comment of not wanting Rahvin's fate (in an earlier book).

No, the only reason Graendal had to flee was finding out Rand was waiting for Ramshalan, after finding out Rand had "picked Ramshalan to help fight someone smarter than him, someone that wouldnt allow a confrontation."

Edited the statement.

Graendal might have heard that Rand did not want to harm females.  She might have assumed he was still like that; because of that she would stay.

And/or her orders from earlier in the book she might have considered unfinished.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see ToM ending with Mat trapped in the ToG, Perrin fleeing a pack of Darkhounds or losing himself to the Wolf Within, and the closing sentence being: 'The Dragon Reborn is dead.'

That would make the wait for AMoL so much worse  :'(

I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see ToM ending with Mat trapped in the ToG, Perrin fleeing a pack of Darkhounds or losing himself to the Wolf Within, and the closing sentence being: 'The Dragon Reborn is dead.'

that would seriously suck

that would seriously suck

Lets think about what else that PoV would contain for a second.

Perrin running from the Darkhounds, Hopper having been killed, and he thinks this must be the end. The Dragon Reborn is dead. Colors swirled in his head, now with a hint of black... only to reveal Moridins face!

That woud be awesome. Especially if we got a Mat PoV with the same.

Archived