DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What events are you most anticipating for the remainder of aMoL?

Crael123

I don't have feelings for the Tinkers one way or the other.

I don't consider the Tinkers as aiel at all, so they cannot be part of the "remnant of the remnant".  They gave up their covenant with the AS, when they went after the Song.  The aiel may have left the leaf, but they stayed as true to their promise to the AS as possible up to creating Rhiudean and following the AS rules for picking clan chiefs and wise ones.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer Rot, your signature confuses me (on an unrelated subject).

Unless you can find an instance of BS or RJ lying about something, then you more or less have to accept their word as canon. I'm also fuzzy on just what you're trying to prove with Verin...I see no correlation there.

I know I'm a little late here,  but here goes:

Return of Moiraine. What will happen when Mat and Thom go to rescue her. What happens when Cadsuanne and Moiraine face off.

How Matt Loses his Eye

Slayer/Isam being revealed

Aviendha's baby mystery

Demandred's reveal- what is he up to? Is he pulling the strings at the black tower (no, not a Tamandred theory) is he in Shara, is he with the Borderlanders

What Logain's glory will be

Rand applying his recent experience on Dragonmount to understand the Dark One's motives. He then figures out that the Dark One isn't 'Evil', just an absolute utilitarian. He sits down with Shai'tan over a cup of kaf and discusses the benefits of a circular existence over a linear one. Shai'tan agrees that the linear existence he wanted isn't all that great and then destroys the mind of every remaining darkfriend. Moridin marries Egwene.

...Yes, I am joking, we all know Rand is allergic to kaf.

Beer Rot, your signature confuses me (on an unrelated subject).

Unless you can find an instance of BS or RJ lying about something, then you more or less have to accept their word as canon. I'm also fuzzy on just what you're trying to prove with Verin...I see no correlation there.

I have to accept?  I never said they lie.

edit: To whoever posted it.. I don't think we'll find out anything about Aviendah's kids.

and who killed Asmo?

There is a big thread about that in the Structured section.

Short answer: Graendal

Yeah I know, but I don't think it was Graendal for a couple a reasons.

Anyway to keep this post on topic.

I'm also looking forward to seeing if Taim really is a darkfriend.

So much to look forward to, but one thing above all I'm most looking forward to...

The return of Moiraine!

Mat vs. Gholam

Taim vs. Logain

Rand vs. Demandred

Egwene vs. Mesaana

Nynaeve finishing Moghedien

Elayne vs. morning sickness

Aviendha at Rhuidean

Perrin vs. Slayer

Moridin's destiny

The breaking of the remaining seals

Lan vs. Narg

Ok, that's it for now...but more to come!

I believe the WO told Elayne that one advantage of being able to channel was that it protected you from morning sickness - which in any case tends to occur mainly* in the first trimester and to fade out later, so she'd be well over it by now.

*(Yeah, right.. I had it all the way through, both times  :(  )

It just occurred to me that Mat and Talmanes etc are on way to Caemlyn  but didn't some of the Seanchan army join with Mat prior to TGS? How will Elayne react to Mat having Seanchan soldiers under his command?

I think you are referring to the end of KoD where he uses some Deathwatch Guard dudes with his army as a decoy to help Tuon flee. I think that it's implied that after they helped Mat destroy those guys who were chasing Tuon that they rejoined the rest of the Deathwatch Guard (I don't think this gets explicitly said or seen onscreen, but there didn't seem to be any Seanchan with him in tGS, so I think it's correct).

It just occurred to me that Mat and Talmanes etc are on way to Caemlyn  but didn't some of the Seanchan army join with Mat prior to TGS? How will Elayne react to Mat having Seanchan soldiers under his command?

I guess they returned to Ebou Dar sometime.  Maybe with the head that was shown to Tuon.

i also want the origin of the steddings and ways, and maybe healing of he ways

The origin of the Ways (and of Waygates)?  That was told in Eye of World, Great Hunt, and the Guide.

or the origin of Gateways?  I take the Creator made all True Source weaves.

The origin of steddings, that would be nice to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Please let Semirhage come back somehow and capture Elayne. Please. Id be happy if the entire book was Elayne being tortured, she's tortured readers for 3 or 4 books its time for payback.

Maybe even throw Gawyn in there and make it a family thing.

Elayne thoughts: "well im not going to die so the babies born safe thing still holds, but wow i did not see this loophole"

Gawyn thoughts: "This is what I get for sucking so much"

Galad's realisation he has sparked at 26, and embraced Saidin! (Not proven- speculative!)

With maybe a touch of some lessons from his younger half brother in the fury of Saidin! (No way of it happening, but wouldn't it be great?!)

TAKE THAT DO-GOODER!

How S*!t a situation?? A Whitecloak-Male-Channeler!!

Please let Semirhage come back somehow and capture Elayne. Please.

The Dark One cannot resurrect Semirhage since she was balefired.

Though there might be a chance of a 'Semirhage' copy.

Id be happy if the entire book was Elayne being tortured

There are also other characters to cover in both remaining books.

Depending on interpretation, all characters have gotten some form of torture.

she's tortured readers for 3 or 4 books its time for payback.

Not every reader.

Elayne has hardly even been touched throughout the series. Compare her experiences to Rand, Egwene, Perrin, Faile, Moiraine, Birgitte. Even Aviendha. Worst she ever got was a bump on the head.

I hope in ToM its revealed that the day Rand balefired Greandal, she went and murdred Elayne. That way we can technically say she died.

Archived