DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What events are you most anticipating for the remainder of aMoL?

Crael123

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Moridin and his link with Rand post VoG, i am assumign the link works both ways, Moridin affects Rand's demaneour, Rand affects Moridins. (note Graendal says "he looks alot like Al'Thor" or something similar.)

Demandred is supposed to be unleashing hell in ToM or AMOL (Brandon interview, Im afraid I dont have the link, but he said something along the lines of Demandred being the best the Shadow has at the moment)

Tower v Messaana. She has to act now that everything is stabilising.

What the hell Arangar is up to at the moment.

Loial and his meeting at the Stump.

Elayne/Birgitte with Mat and his gang. Plus her possible involvment int he Black Tower stuff. 

the DO unleashing more hell as the pattern unravells some more.

Perrin v Slayer and Whitecloaks and his unseen enemy.

the BUT.

There were heaps more  ;D

That whole link affecting each others emotions was probably going on before VoG. Rand wasn't all bad since the crossing of the streams, so I reckon that Moridin has already felt some mellowing. The whole scene in Rand's dream.

definitely, however Rand has been growing darker and has basically resigned himself since LoC/aCoS, before the link begins, so yes, he wasnt as hard as he was in tGS, but post VoG will be the most mellowed and "Light" we have seen Rand since the link was created, thus it might affect Moridin in a more profound way.

Yes he was resigned to his own fate but he still had some positives emotions: he wanted to save the world; the love of the three girls which we now know is very strong and would of been then; his friendships with Mat and Perrin; and he generally still has a heart - trying to save those boys in Tear I think and I'm sure their is other examples.

So yes, he was gloomy but he was a heck of a lot of a good guy than Moridin. So I reckon this is already getting to Moridin but I agree with what you said, that it can only get worse for Moridin.

I'd love to see the VoG chapter from Moridin view.

Moridin: Yes he's going to do it. Oh crap! What is this warm and fuzzy feeling that I am experiencing. Damn you Lews Therin!

Yes he was resigned to his own fate but he still had some positives emotions: he wanted to save the world; the love of the three girls which we now know is very strong and would of been then; his friendships with Mat and Perrin; and he generally still has a heart - trying to save those boys in Tear I think and I'm sure their is other examples.

So yes, he was gloomy but he was a heck of a lot of a good guy than Moridin. So I reckon this is already getting to Moridin but I agree with what you said, that it can only get worse for Moridin.

Moridin: Yes he's going to do it. Oh crap! What is this warm and fuzzy feeling that I am experiencing. Damn you Lews Therin!

Haha yea, that would be great, he is in a meeting with all of the Forsaken.

Moridin: So Messaana, as I was saying, while Demandred is killing some small children in Shara I want you to....the answer is love....

Demandred: Eh? :-\

Haha yea, that would be great, he is in a meeting with all of the Forsaken.

Moridin: So Messaana, as I was saying, while Demandred is killing some small children in Shara I want you to....the answer is love....

Demandred: Eh? :-\

Most awkward Forsaken meeting, ever.

Most awkward Forsaken meeting, ever.

I dunno.

Demandred walked out of the bathroom stall. The door to the right of him opened and he froze.

"Uh... Moridin..."

Moridin's face drained of blood. "I... that is... I don't come here..."

Demandred nodded. "Yeah, no. Obviously."

They stood in silence for a long moment.

"Well, I'd best be back to Shayol Ghoul." Moridin said.

"Yeah, and I... umm... I have to do that stuff I do."

"Well goodbye then."

"Yeah, see you... I guess."

Moridin hurried out of the toilets.

Rand walked through the Stone of Tear. He felt oddly chipper this morning, but for some reason kept blushing. No matter.

haha. nice one.

perhaps also

Demandred walked into the Gardens, TAR was peaceful now. he didnt have to listen to Lanfear harping on about Lews Therin all the time.

Yes, he could get away from those damn swindlers they called Sharans. It was disgraceful, the scholars at the Collam Daan were not nearly half as bad as those lying merchants (that may not be exactly how he put it, but it was prime time television, so thats how it will be.)

Suddenly two slim figures rose from the middle of nowhere, tangled in the most impossibly tight embrace. Demandred barked a harsh laugh. How Graendal had changed after all of these years.

"Don't call me Bathamel." The other figure said in a breathless voice, " My name is Aran'gar now, remember that."

A flash of movment startled Demandred, and he tore his eyes from the scence, to have them widen in shock.

Graendal's eyebrows rose as she looked at the scene before her.

Demandred stood, raking his hand through his hair. "Well, I, uh. Nice to see you survived eh?"

Graendal simply stared as the scence vanished, leaving the Gardens in deathly silence.

Perhaps, Demandred thought to himself, Lanfear wasnt so annoying afterall...

I can't wait to see the whole Rand and Egwene get together. It's gunna be fierce. Though in all seriousness you know they are bothing going to go at it. Rand is either going to want the rest of the AS to come under his control or to stay out of the way. Then Egwene is just like everyone other AS who thinks he needs to be controled. Put them in their place already Rand, I'm begging you! Maybe he'll get some help from Matt.

No idea if this has been said before, I am ashamed to join the list of 'to lazy to read previous posts' people, but I really want to see fain/mordeth or whatever he calls himslelf next time. He has been quiet for a while, and that us worrying, considering he is the real wild card of the series. He is fighting on a side all of his own, even whitecloacks and AS both claim to be for the light despite not getting on, Fain hates everything. I can't wait to see what crazy ability he uses next, especially since I just found out he set a time loop trap for Rand way back in book 2, and helped break the tower, he just got a lot more dangerous in my eyes :D

Like what if Fain kills the Gholam?

Gholam: ha, OP does not affect me

Fain: This is my own form of evil! (stabs gholam, gholam turns to grey sludge)

Thats an easy way to dispose of it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rand 3.0.

Darth Rand (Rand 2.0) was totally awesome, and Emonds Field Rand (1.0) was okay, but Rand 3.0, with all his power and intelligence, AND finally maybe some reasonable rationalism?

It's going to be very interesting to see how he interacts with others and his enviroment after his revelation in Veins of Gold.

He should go back to Tear with the group he was with before.  Tam is still there (I assume), so maybe we can get an actual pairing of the two for a while.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rand 3.0.

Darth Rand (Rand 2.0) was totally awesome, and Emonds Field Rand (1.0) was okay, but Rand 3.0, with all his power and intelligence, AND finally maybe some reasonable rationalism?

It's going to be very interesting to see how he interacts with others and his enviroment after his revelation in Veins of Gold.

He should go back to Tear with the group he was with before.  Tam is still there (I assume), so maybe we can get an actual pairing of the two for a while.

I didnt like Darth Rand im kinda glad thats out of the way he got a bit one dimentional imo, but also very much looking forward to Rand 3.0 should be completly epic  ;D

Things im looking forward to/hoping for

Reunification of the AS (both male and female) i think it has to happen looking at the iconography and the philosophy of the books like the old AS symbols and the ideas of two sides that are fundamentally oposite working in harmony (saidin and saidar) perhaps that will put some backbone into some of the male characters as well and stop some of the female character being so overbearing but i dont know about that.

Want to see some of Lans journey through the boarderlands collecting people to go to that gap and takeup his birthright. also i recon (but this is total speculation) that the AS will send the 100 to help him to fulfill that pact that they failed to live up to when Malkier died.

Want to see Rand talk to his father again now hes not Darth Rand (apologies are in order i think).

Want to see Gawyn get some reason into that head of his.

Showdown with Taim and whoever, he needs to DIE!

Cant wait for Mats part in the next book that guy is F*****G AWESOME!

Want Perrin to sort his life out and stop being a little b***h, he used to be a really cool character so im hoping he gets back to that sharpish.

Elayne and the kids and Aviendha and hers.

Want to see some stuff between Gareth and Suian now that they're bonded bit of domestic banter wouldnt go amiss.

And want to see more of Tuon hopfully another meeting between her and Rand

Return of Moiraine!

and the death of Faile.. as much as i love the books and the characters I dread Perrins chapters when he gets all lovey dovey..

Yeah thats why im hoping when he sorts himself out in the ToM with his wolf issue hes gonna get back to the old perrin who i thought was awesome

I think Perrin would have gone a lot better as a lone wolf without Fail, or i would have liked to see him in a relationship with Elyas, they could of wrote their threads the same, but instead of friends theyd be lovers, and Perrin could be pining after him from tGH, until WH when Elyas reappeared, then they get together, then Elyas dies later. I would prefer to see that than him and fail. Faile= FAIL

Someone really needs to find out who Mat is married to.  

Mat needs to find out what happened to his wife while he was gone, and when they meet, she needs to complain to him about how rude Rand was to her.  

Mat needs to save Moraine.

Mat needs to open that letter, but that might delay saving moraine, so I don't know which I want...

Seanchan needs to be put in their place, and Fortuna needs to be taught to channel.  

Just want to see Rand.  

Rand and Moraine.

Find out who Noal is.  

Maybe Rand and Brigitte.

Perrin find out that Faile murdered Maesama.

Faile needs to die.

Battle at the Black Tower.

Avi in Ruhienden.

Another chapter as good as Veins of Gold.  

Rand vs some Forsaken.

Resurecting the Green Man?  There has to be some significance of the Loail singing the Green Man's tree and surviving the blight.  There is something special about it, and I just thought of it.

Elayne and Morgase meeting, or Perrin finding out who she is.  

Galad and the whitecloaks meeting Perrin.

Gawyn finding out his mother is still alive.

Archived