DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

Wouldn't the conduit have to be of the power? If the power can remake it, that leads me to think that the power is what makes it. Maybe males are made of saidar and females saidin?

Possibly, that could explain why a woman can heal a man back to full strength but only give another woman back a faction of her original power and vice versa. However it do seam likely that if this is the case that the connection is made up of both sides with a main bulk of it being made up of the opposite side from the gender of the channeler since a woman can heal a female channeler at least partly, and if a woman's connection was pure saidin and vice versa then a channeler should not be able to heal severing in someone of the same gender as them at all.

The Cleansing scene seems to say that Saidin and Saidar repel each other, which then implies that saidar has some sort of attraction to itself. So making a Saidar Conduit out of Saidar would lead to a "clogging" of the flow of the power, while saidin would allow for complete flow.

Wouldn't the conduit have to be of the power? If the power can remake it, that leads me to think that the power is what makes it. Maybe males are made of saidar and females saidin?

Possibly, that could explain why a woman can heal a man back to full strength but only give another woman back a faction of her original power and vice versa. However it do seam likely that if this is the case that the connection is made up of both sides with a main bulk of it being made up of the opposite side from the gender of the channeler since a woman can heal a female channeler at least partly, and if a woman's connection was pure saidin and vice versa then a channeler should not be able to heal severing in someone of the same gender as them at all.

The Cleansing scene seems to say that Saidin and Saidar repel each other, which then implies that saidar has some sort of attraction to itself. So making a Saidar Conduit out of Saidar would lead to a "clogging" of the flow of the power, while saidin would allow for complete flow.

While I'm not supporting this theory, it could also be that since saidar and saidin repel, all of the saidin channeled through a conduit of saidar makes it to the other side, whereas saidin channeled through a conduit of saidin is permeable, meaning the pipe is leaky, and leaks just go right back to the True Source, while only a much lesser amount makes it across the bridge.

I really need to read the books again for there are many details I have forgotten it seams but if I am not mistaken there never was a man healing another severed man was there? So we do not know if that would cause the same incomplete healing as a woman healing a woman.

It might be clogging which is the problem, but I sort of lean more towards the leaky connection theory better, that power is getting drawn but only a small amount actually get to the channeler.

While I'm not supporting this theory, it could also be that since saidar and saidin repel, all of the saidin channeled through a conduit of saidar makes it to the other side, whereas saidin channeled through a conduit of saidin is permeable, meaning the pipe is leaky, and leaks just go right back to the True Source, while only a much lesser amount makes it across the bridge.

This makes sense.

The only other option i see for healing stilling would be prompting the body to regrow it, much like normal Healing does. The problem with that that I see is that it should be possible without Nyn's skill and normal healing should fix this. Don't we know that you cant heal just one problem with someone, like you cant heal their arm but leave a headache behind?

I really need to read the books again for there are many details I have forgotten it seams but if I am not mistaken there never was a man healing another severed man was there? So we do not know if that would cause the same incomplete healing as a woman healing a woman.

It might be clogging which is the problem, but I sort of lean more towards the leaky connection theory better, that power is getting drawn but only a small amount actually get to the channeler.

There is a quote that says a man can only be fully healed by a woman, and vice versa, or so Ive been told.

It would...

Interview: Oct 4th, 2005

Robert Jordan's Blog: ONE MORE TIME

Robert Jordan

For Alys Kinch, the Healing of stilling must be done by the other gender to be fully effective. A woman Healing a woman or a man Healing a man results in less than full restoration. It all ties into that theme I keep harping on. Men and women have to work together to be their most effective. And while the weave used by Flinn for Healing is not exactly that used by Nynaeve, either would use the same weave on a man or a woman.

This makes sense.

The only other option i see for healing stilling would be prompting the body to regrow it, much like normal Healing does. The problem with that that I see is that it should be possible without Nyn's skill and normal healing should fix this. Don't we know that you cant heal just one problem with someone, like you cant heal their arm but leave a headache behind?

Everything is fully healed, EXCEPT in the most extreme circumstances such as Mat's healing from the dagger. Where all 10 Aes Sedai with the most powerful women's angreal can not heal everything. Egwene thinks to herself then that she thought healing cured everything, but he still looked almost dead, and his face was thin and gaunt.

This makes sense.

Everything is fully healed, EXCEPT in the most extreme circumstances such as Mat's healing from the dagger. Where all 10 Aes Sedai with the most powerful women's angreal can not heal everything. Egwene thinks to herself then that she thought healing cured everything, but he still looked almost dead, and his face was thin and gaunt.

Thats because it was taking energy from his body. it was like he had gone weeks without eating. You cant add substance to a person, just fix injuries.

Book 4, when Rand was going through the forest of glass collumns. (the Aiel flashback)

Mat went through a second stone doorway and saw some fox people. They agreed to fill the holes in his memories but mentioned that he'd have to pay. When Rand finds him he's being hung from a black spear balanced in a tree. After he's cut down, Mat mentions something about the fox people being witty and that his punishment was funny or something

Edited by EmperorAllspice

The actual irony of him being hung by the ashanderei isn't known until ToM. Not sure if you've read that or not so I'll stop there. I think at that point he's upset that they didn't give him what he wanted; they met the terms of his boons to the letter but in a different fashion than he expected or desired, and to be honest, the boons they answered weren't what he was actually looking for.

they will honor three requests, but you have to bargain for the price of those requests and pay the price if you want the requests met. Mat didn't know that when he went through, so when he requested that he be away from him, they tried to kill him after honoring his three requests. If you break it down, they said done to 1) wanting the holes in his memories filled; 2) wanting to be free of Aes Sedai; and 3) wanting to be away from them and they granted all three. The manner in which they granted it, though, will take some time to be made clear.

Book 4, when Rand was going through the forest of glass collumns. (the Aiel flashback)

Mat went through a second stone doorway and saw some fox people. They agreed to fill the holes in his memories but mentioned that he'd have to pay. When Rand finds him he's being hung from a black spear balanced in a tree. After he's cut down, Mat mentions something about the fox people being witty and that his punishment was funny or something

On the spear is carved the words:

Thus is our treaty written; thus is agreement made.

Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.

What was asked is given. The price is paid.

Basically, he got what he asked for (in a way), but their price was higher than he would have been willing to pay. It was a cruel jest, and he was incredibly lucky that he didn't end up dead.

This forum should be clear of spoilers, whether they're from the prologue, chapter 11, chapter 1, or anything AMoL. In the past Mods have been very good about keeping it that way. Occasionally they might seep into a thread if a poster forgets, but it's generally not there for long. Some of the thread titles from the AMOL forum might show up on the main DM forum page, as in the most recent thread/poster over there. Generally those threads start with the word "Spoiler" if there's a spoiler in the topic.

About requests to Eelfinn involving the Shadow; I guess it would actually be requests involving other people than the person/people making the request.

I do not recall either author or the books telling of the Eelfinn having the same or similar prohibitions as the Aelfinn. Other than iron/music/fire.

About Memory of Light, I take all discussion about that book is to be posted in the section specifically made for that book.

Posts from non-moderaters/non-administrators have a "Report" button. That feature I take may be used when the post breaks some forum rule.

How safe will this section of the forums be kept for people who haven't read the prologue/excerpts for the next few months? Just asking because ive fled many threads already that seem to be touching on spoilers..

We aim to keep them completely safe. AMoL can be discussed here, but based on absolutely no spoilers from the book itself (stuff Brandon answered in his many interviews is still fair game, though, unless specifically about the excerpts).

However, there aren't a whole lot of us. If you see any spoilers, report them as soon as possible (by hitting the report button, or even PM -- though that would usually take more time to reach us), and we'll take care of it.

I'm curious if BS has mentioned at all how much time aMoL actually covers.

He did, and it was a very interesting answer to boot. He said it depends on where you are, whatever that means. I can't find it, for some reason.

EDIT: found it

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dragonmount.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F72531-so-what-is-the-time-frame-for-amol%2F&ei=uH5oUO23Dez64QTH9YGYAg&usg=AFQjCNGkUT5ukZNa1WAwSrDwR5OA9KiGiA

Edited by yoniy0