DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

I'm curious if BS has mentioned at all how much time aMoL actually covers.

He did, and it was a very interesting answer to boot. He said it depends on where you are, whatever that means. I can't find it, for some reason.

EDIT: found it

http://www.google.co...wSrDwR5OA9KiGiA

woa, I totally unaware of this quote! has this been discussed on the forum? what are the theories on the subject? Are we talking about time travel? or is it something like time flowing differently in different parts of the world? This can happen in TAR and there seems to be some merging of TAR and the real world near Shayol Ghul.

Would that possibly have to do with the "day that dawns twice"

yes, that's the natural guess.

I think we did discuss it a bit. In that context, Terez's suggestion about the Bohda or whatnot (I'm on my Android right now, can't check for particulars) is interesting. After all, what's the point of Elayne's pregnancy if we don't see her carry it to term?

However, I think the dawning twice thing is more likely related to the eclipse than anything else.

I think we did discuss it a bit. In that context, Terez's suggestion about the Bohda or whatnot (I'm on my Android right now, can't check for particulars) is interesting.

sorry, I don't think I know what you mean here.

After all, what's the point of Elayne's pregnancy if we don't see her carry it to term?

oh, come on, there are plenty of reasons to do that, especially if Rand dies/disappears for good in the end. plus there were originally outriggers planned.

Time flow differently in Finnland as well. So that's another factor.

Or Brandon may simply be referring to the fact that he's still trying to synchronise different timelines (Black Tower/ Avi, Rand, Lan, etc) in AMol.

I doubt that BS would refer to Finnland as a part of this world. Also, I'm quite sure it's not a matter of different timelines (like the Black Tower one) catching up with each other. BS wouldn't be that cryptic if that's all it was. He talked about those things quote openly on a number of occasions.

Edited by herid

That's because I was remembering wrong. It's Boann and The Dagda, and she makes fairly comprehensive summaries here and here.

Thanks, this is quite interesting. this might indeed be relevant. I still would like to know how something like stopping or slowing time can be achieved.

Edited by herid

That's because I was remembering wrong. It's Boann and The Dagda, and she makes fairly comprehensive summaries here and here.

Terez was talking about a possible way in which Rand might be resurrected, and the 'twice-dawning day'. The connection with Elayne's pregnancy comes up here at post 124:

*blows own trumpet* :wink:

Edited by FarShainMael

i am relieved to have found this thread :) i am having touble with the terminolgy/abreviations used by all you hardened WoT'ers ;). i can work most of them out and i have a feeling i am being really very blind to not get this one but, what does "PoV" translate to? its driving me mad!!

I'm curious if BS has mentioned at all how much time aMoL actually covers. I just saw on another site someone say it only covers 2 days, which may possibly be the most ignorant thing I've seen, but I do wonder if he has said anything about it. Thanks in advance.

How is that possible? Between the time Perrin agrees to the trial and the trial is over three days.

i am relieved to have found this thread :) i am having touble with the terminolgy/abreviations used by all you hardened WoT'ers ;). i can work most of them out and i have a feeling i am being really very blind to not get this one but, what does "PoV" translate to? its driving me mad!!

Take a look at the sticky titled Forum Rules, Online Resources, aMoL FAQ and Fan Abbreviations. All Read. :smile:

Hi Nymphadora;

Don't feel badly about that - sometimes it is frustrating... I work in the telecomm and IT industry and constantly have to slow my thoughts to recall what various acronyms/initializations stand for. I personally had the same difficulty when I first started visiting this forum (my hangup was with 'VoG'). I see that BFG answered your direct question - but for the benefit of anyone needing it, I thought I'd start a list of common ones here - and I apologize in advance for some of the 'obvious' ones. Anyone else is welcome to add to it:

CoL, CotL: Champion of the Light (Rand)

DR: Dragon Reborn

DO: Dark One

GLoD: Great Lord of the Dark

VoG: Veins of Gold (Rand's epiphany on Dragonmount)

DM: Dragonmount

PoV: Point of View (Chapter or section of a chapter that we see from the eyes of a specific character).

EotW: The Eye of the World - Book 1

tGH: The Great Hunt - Book 2

tDR: The Dragon Reborn - Book 3

tSR: The Shadow Rising - Book 4

tFoH: The Fires of Heaven - Book 5

LoC: Lord of Chaos - Book 6

aCoS: A Crown of Swords - Book 7

tPoD: The Path of Daggers - Book 8

WH: Winter's Heart - Book 9

CoT: Crossroads of Twilight - Book 10

KoD: Knife of Dreams - Book 11

tGS: The Gathering Storm - Book 12

ToM: Towers of Midnight - Book 13

aMoL: A Memory of Light - Book 14

There are many more - but I'm not recalling them now - hopefully someone will add to this...

Cheers

Edited by 2RiversFan

I thought I'd start a list of common ones here - and I apologize in advance for some of the 'obvious' ones. Anyone else is welcome to add to it

No, don't add to it here. If you encounter any acronym not mentioned in the thread I linked to above, mention it there.

Thanks.

One question, if an Aes Sedai's Warder started channeling, would she know? I mean the age a man can spontaneously start channeling if he have the spark stretch to his beginning 30's meaning that a man can be trained as a Warder, bonded and happily living as a bodyguard slash human familiar long before that deadline runs out. What happens if a bonded Warder where to suddenly develop channeling abilities? Would his Aes Sedai feel it? Obviously it would change the rules of the bond to that of a bond on another channeler, but let us say this happens a good while before the start of the books when no one know that the rules are different for bonded channelers, would the one holding the bond notice anything? Or could a Warder who got a gift he could not return to say it like that hide it and channel undetected in the bushes when no one was looking.

Also what would be a Tower's reaction if this where to happen? I realize that it is just speculation since as far as I know the situation have never come up in the books, but if it did, would they just arrest the man and gentle him as usual or would the fact that he was a bonded Warder change things in any way, and also would there been any legal problems for the Aes Sedai who got a Warder with a little something extra in him? And when we are on that topic, what would be the effect for someone holding a bond on another channeler who get severed?

One thing that has bugged me...

Cuendillar is said to become stronger when force is applied to it (except the True Power/Dark One). So... Why aren't those who have a Seal (Rand, Nyn for a while) channeling for all they are worth at the Seals? It is implied that they are weak enough to break from a fall (although Lan broke a dagger against the broken Seal found in the Eye of the World). So, apply a force weaker than that at first, and gradually build up to, say, Balefire (which cannot break Cuendillar).

And why wasn't The Watcher of the Seals (Amerlyn) channeling at them when they were in the White Tower's posession from the Breaking to the Trolloc Wars? Maybe you could say that they thought it was unnecessary, because nothing can break Cuendillar, but still, this is the DO we're talking about here, and it was prophesied that he would break free again. Therefore, the Seals could be broken. So... Uh... Channel at the Seals like there is no tomorow ('cuz there might not be).

And another thought: How is the Amerlyn the "Watcher of the Seals", and knew the location of them until the Tolloc Wars (See the beginning of "The Great Hunt"), when one of the Seals was in the Eye of the World? This, to me, says that the Amerlyn could only ever "watch" six of them.

And another thought: How is the Amerlyn the "Watcher of the Seals", and knew the location of them until the Tolloc Wars (See the beginning of "The Great Hunt"), when one of the Seals was in the Eye of the World? This, to me, says that the Amerlyn could only ever "watch" six of them.

Well there's not much need to watch the one in the Eye is there?

Have there been any significant threads on Narishma? He seems like a wild card to me, I'm wondering if there has been extensive discussion regarding him.
I seem to recall a thread speculating about his role; some time back. Do not remember when nor the thread title nor the member that started the thread.

Why Elaida planed to kill Gawyn?
If you are referring to in Lord of Chaos, it was actually Galina; not Elaida. Galina's reason, I am not entirely sure; possibly Black Ajah orders.