DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask A Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (No AMoL Spoilers)

Luckers

I've got one, and even started a thread on it (mods can merge it in here if they think that is more appropriate).

Was Osan'gar killed by balefire or not?

I ran across the quote from BS implying that he was (in response to a question about Sammael/Asmodean he said that all the non-reincarnated Forsaken, except those two, had been balefired).

But in reading the passage, I never thought that Elza used balefire. Does she even know the weave? Just sounded like a big fireball to me.

I've got one, and even started a thread on it (mods can merge it in here if they think that is more appropriate).

Was Osan'gar killed by balefire or not?

I ran across the quote from BS implying that he was (in response to a question about Sammael/Asmodean he said that all the non-reincarnated Forsaken, except those two, had been balefired).

But in reading the passage, I never thought that Elza used balefire. Does she even know the weave? Just sounded like a big fireball to me.

The other thread went bye bye due to spoilers, but the answer is no. Osan'gar died by flame.

Are Bair and Perrin the only non-channelers (excluding Slayer) who can enter T'A'R?

The late Seana was also a non-channeler DreamWalker - there could be others, since people can randomly do it once in a while.

I always thought that Elyas could enter T'A'R, but now that I think about it, has he ever been mentioned in conjunction with T'A'R? I just assumed the Elyas could enter the Wolf Dreams as well.

Are Bair and Perrin the only non-channelers (excluding Slayer) who can enter T'A'R?

The late Seana was also a non-channeler DreamWalker - there could be others, since people can randomly do it once in a while.

I always thought that Elyas could enter T'A'R, but now that I think about it, has he ever been mentioned in conjunction with T'A'R? I just assumed the Elyas could enter the Wolf Dreams as well.

To the best of my knowledge, no. As no, we never seen him in TAR or hear about him and TAR.

Has anyone ever written a Rand Al'Thor = Luke Skywalker analysis? If so, where can I read it? I know that seems like a really strange query, but I was thinking about it last night and the parallels are pretty pronounced (alliterative!). There must be some Star Wars geeks in here, am I right? If not, I may have to write it myself. Some of the juxtapostions are spot-on (Moiraine is Obi-Wan, The Dark One is Palpatine). Sometimes, not so much (Ogier for Ewok? It kind of works...). C'mon. He even Walked Across the Sky! (At Falme). :biggrin:

Many stories with the good versus evil with a sprinkle of special powers can be compared to one another. I am a huge Star Wars fan. A good friend turned me on to WoT by using the various SW/WoT comparisons.

Edited by Pinzarn

To the best of my knowledge, no. As no, we never seen him in TAR or hear about him and TAR.

We've never seen Elyas in the Wolf dream but it's a reasonable assumption that he can enter it.

We've never seen Elyas in the Wolf dream but it's a reasonable assumption that he can enter it.

It's an interesting point, one that I haven't thought of before. I always took it for granted that access to tel'aran'rhiod was a natural part of being a wolfbrother but Elyas is never connected to dreaming in any way. Maybe Perrin is a male Dreamer as well as being a wolfbrother and his 'wolf dreams' are a result of the combination.

It's an interesting point, one that I haven't thought of before. I always took it for granted that access to tel'aran'rhiod was a natural part of being a wolfbrother but Elyas is never connected to dreaming in any way. Maybe Perrin is a male Dreamer as well as being a wolfbrother and his 'wolf dreams' are a result of the combination.

Perrin only develops that talent after he becomes a wolfbrother and Moiraine (who doesn't really know much about it) seems to think the two are connected. The wolves also seem to think it normal. Very likely that "Long tooth" can also wolf-dream - but no particular reason for that to have featured in the plot. Anyhow we have no proof either way that I can think of about Elyas's ability.

Question:

Was is it that Moridin seems to be the only one among the Forsaken to remember the countless fightings and turnings of the Wheel. Other Chosen should be in the same kind of mental "disorder" of they also knew, shouldn't they ? They only seem to remember the AoL.

Also, why don't the other Chosen understand that the DO wants to kill time, turn everything into nothing ?

Question:

Was is it that Moridin seems to be the only one among the Forsaken to remember the countless fightings and turnings of the Wheel. Other Chosen should be in the same kind of mental "disorder" of they also knew, shouldn't they ? They only seem to remember the AoL.

Also, why don't the other Chosen understand that the DO wants to kill time, turn everything into nothing ?

1. Moridin doesnt know things from past lives in the same way Rand has. He was a philosipher as Elan. He speculated the nature of all of this stuff, just so happens he was right.

2. Would you tell the people who work for you that they are helping destroy existance itself? No, you offer them what they want. Power, glory, riches.

Moridin only knows because he figured it out, and is fine with the whole destruction of existance.

Are there any group of people that are immune to being a Darkfriend? Ok, immune might be too strong of a word, how about we don't think there have ever been any hints of Darkfriends in this group? Two groups come to mind:

Randland Ogier - I joked with a friend that Loial must be a darkfriend without any real proof other than it made us both laugh. Have there been any Ogier DF?

Seanchan Ogier?

Blackwatch Guard (is that the correct name for the Seanchan Royal Family Elite Gaurd)?

Are there any group of people that are immune to being a Darkfriend?

Darkfriends exist in every society and at every level of society. I think the reason we haven't seen any Ogier darkfriends is because we simply havent seen that many Ogier.

Perrin only develops that talent after he becomes a wolfbrother and Moiraine (who doesn't really know much about it) seems to think the two are connected. The wolves also seem to think it normal. Very likely that "Long tooth" can also wolf-dream - but no particular reason for that to have featured in the plot. Anyhow we have no proof either way that I can think of about Elyas's ability.

You're absolutely right but it's worthwhile noting that he manifests both talents around the time they are normally manifested in anyone. Personally I don't prefer one theory over the other as there's no way for us to know, yet, whether there's a link or not.

1. Moridin doesnt know things from past lives in the same way Rand has. He was a philosipher as Elan. He speculated the nature of all of this stuff, just so happens he was right.

2. Would you tell the people who work for you that they are helping destroy existance itself? No, you offer them what they want. Power, glory, riches.

Moridin only knows because he figured it out, and is fine with the whole destruction of existance.

Although I know you're probably right, I can't feel really satisfied by that answer. Thanks anyway :) I thought they would be smarter.

Question:

Moridin's mental disorder comes from extensive use of the True Power and being the only Forsaken to be partially sealed in the Dark Ones prison. He was thrown out of the prison in regular cycles and the strain of being torn between the world and endless sleep is what drove him mad.

His beliefs on countless fighting and turning of the wheel is a combination of his being a philosopher and the madness.