DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia..Game Thread!! *Game over. Mafia Win*

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go with [glow=red,2,300]Vote Panda[/glow] because you're making me suspicious and so I'm going to go with my gut instinct for this one.

And I have been checking in here on a regular basis, only not always logged in as my lovely PC decided (about 4 weeks ago) that it didn't want to automatically log me in anywhere I have to redo it each time and I'm lazy :P  And I never have posted much outside of the private Green board and even there infrequent...I'm just a slacker :)

Panda, it's obvious what you did.  You came out and accused him of being mafia because your gut said so.  He then, in turn, accused you of being mafia without posting his exact reason.  When you pressured him for that reason and he didn't give it, that is when everyone when and voted for him.  While I myself am guilty of that, when I found out that he was innocent, I came to the conclusion that you had to be mafia.  He was new at mafia and didn't know all of the rules and strategies that go along with it.  I assume that his reason for voting for you was because of the fact that he (and now we) know that he was innocent and that since you were accusing him, that you must have been mafia.

Panda, it's obvious what you did.  You came out and accused him of being mafia because your gut said so.

No, I didn't, I posted good reasoning. You appear to have not read this reasoning.  ::)

Also, you forget the rather obvious idea that one innocent can accuse another innocent of being mafia. It happens all of the time.

We all suspect different people thru a game. Innocent or actually guilty...  It's called... how you play it. I suspected Burs too.  Alot of us did.. why he got lynched. 

No, we're never told how many mafia there are, but in a game with this many players, you'd expect at least three. So, we have at least two more to lynch, maybe three, but I wouldn't think any more than that.

Nephi, can you confirm that we need six to lynch?

Voting day three so far:

Panda votes Aubrey

Aubrey votes panda

Daruya votes Maeva

Illiara votes panda

Nae votes Aubrey

Maeva votes panda

My thoughts:

1) Jeran could have been killed by the Assasin, but that would not explain why no innocent was killed that night. But if someone has a 'boomarang' power, that would explain both the lack of an innocent's death and the death of an Obligator. It is just not feasible that the mafia would not attempt a night kill. All the mafia would then know who that person was, and they would try to have them lynched.

2) Just because no one was night-killed during the second night does not mean the mafia didn't try. They could have targeted the Pewter-Arm (healer), who always protects himself in these games until the Tin-Eye (finder) declares. If this happened, then the mafia would try to get him/her lynched as soon as they feasibly could. So now they have two people they really want to get rid of and can not night kill. But if they press the lynch too hotly, these roles will declare and the lynch will not happen. They have to convince us to do their dirty work for them. And they can afford to be patient, as there are so many more of us than of them. With ten of us left, and possibly only two of those mafia, we could outnumber them four to one. We still have our Tin-eye and our Healer. The Assasin could be working for him/herself, but I doubt it, because he/she would have killed more people by now. 

What does all this musing give me?

I think that after two unsuccessful night kills and the loss of one of their own, the mafia have been playing it safe, lying low and licking their wounds. They can afford to sit back and see how things develop. Odds are we're going to lynch another innocent anyway.

[glow=red,2,300]Maeva[/glow] for contributing nothing to the play. You should do more than just join the bandwagon. Otherwise, you just draw attention to yourself.

But you know, optimum play for the mafia is for them to kill every night to reduce the chances of their being lynched.

The fact that we didn't get a kill one night makes me think that perhaps somebody just forgot to send in a kill (Wes did this in one of my games, once, and was very embarrassed).

I'm going to check up on inactivity rates. I remember Nae thinking that she'd spotted something like this before.

I'm going to go with Vote Panda because you're making me suspicious and so I'm going to go with my gut instinct for this one.

Really? Looks to me like you're just trying to jump on an easy bandwagon.

That's fine with me, believe what you want to.

I was considering voting between you and Bursius the last time, I decided to go with Bursius, so now I'm going with my second choice from last time which was you.  So I'm jumping on my own bandwagon.

I'm going to go with Vote Panda because you're making me suspicious and so I'm going to go with my gut instinct for this one.

Really? Looks to me like you're just trying to jump on an easy bandwagon.

That's fine with me, believe what you want to.

I was considering voting between you and Bursius the last time, I decided to go with Bursius, so now I'm going with my second choice from last time which was you.  So I'm jumping on my own bandwagon.

You call being the third person to vote "your own bandwagon"?

I just can't seem to shake my suspicion of Aubrey which most of us have felt since day one. We just lacked the votes to have a lynch then. Panda you are still on my suspect list, but you are at least participating and trying to weed out who might and might not be mafia. Which is more then some people are doing.

[glow=red,2,300]Vote Aubrey[/glow]

You're gonna regret it... unless you're mafia..... *sighs*

It wasn't me! I swear!!! iT was the big black and white one... i'm innocent!!!! *cries*

We all know i make a terrible innocent, even when innocent. :P

but seriously, I think Panda needs to go. Throws the jollys around and in the end a lot of people have lost their heads. I don't want to be one of them, but my gut says he's no good.

You're gonna regret it... unless you're mafia..... *sighs*

It wasn't me! I swear!!! iT was the big black and white one... i'm innocent!!!! *cries*

Aubrey, I think I know who you mean by the big black and white one, but please, if you really are innocent, tell us who the big black and white one is.

But you know, optimum play for the mafia is for them to kill every night to reduce the chances of their being lynched.

The fact that we didn't get a kill one night makes me think that perhaps somebody just forgot to send in a kill (Wes did this in one of my games, once, and was very embarrassed).

I'm going to check up on inactivity rates. I remember Nae thinking that she'd spotted something like this before.

That first statement is a no-brainer. Very un-panda-ish. You begin with 'but' like you are going to contradict someone, then you make a statement which basically agrees with what I said without actually saying so. It is in the mafia's best interest to try to night-kill someone every night. Yet in this game, they failed to do so on both the first night and the second.

Sorry, I don't buy the 'they forgot' theory.

Inactivity rates this game have lead us down the wrong path before, simply because we have had two players plead computer problems. Certainly did not rule them out as Mafia, but it did render inactivity stats more of a guessing game than usual. For example, Lia turned out to be an innocent. Time will tell if Illiara is as well.

Panda, this whole post was unworthy of you. Which begs the question, why did you post it?

On the other hand - Aubrey.  

Maeva had my vote only because I feel very strongly that if you sign up to play the game, then by jiminy, play the game.

But now maybe I need to switch my vote. [glow=red,2,300]unvote[/glow]

What bothers me most is that Jeran voted for Aubrey. Why? Panda had three votes on him on day one, yet Jeran voted for Aubrey, right out of the blue. He didn't even consider panda. This looks very suspicious to me. So I have to vote [glow=red,2,300]panda[/glow].  

Vote count:

Aubrey (5): Pandy, Naeann, Min, Kelly, Jayd

Pandy (4): Aubrey, Illiara, Maeva, Loreina

Maeve (1): Daruya

Barm, you wild and crazy guy! OK, since she's paying, I'm in!

Archived