DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia..Game Thread!! *Game over. Mafia Win*

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not suspicious because of the switch, but because of the vote on her. Nae had hinted at a non-mafia role and you voted for her anyway.  :)

I did see it mentioned previously that Nae hinted at a non-mafia role but I honestly missed the hint.  I have no idea if it's because of my unfamiliarity with this type of game (it's only my 3rd, the first 2 were a couple years ago and this one has a totally different "feel" to it) or if I'm just impossibly dense and the clue whizzed right over my head.

I'm probably going to show my ignorance again here but how can innocents form alliances and work together?  We're not allowed to contact each other about or discuss the game outside of this thread.  ???  Or do you (generic you) just pick someone and align yourself with them and hope they are an innocent?

I feel like Perrin trying to play the Game of Houses . . .  :P  Or like Nynaeve trying to understand ji'e'toh (not that she ever showed much interest in trying).

Okay, I just went back and re-read the beginning.  It looks like only evils are allowed to communicate "offline" so any alliances I'm guessing are just people aligning up with someone they think is an innocent.

I'm doing some of my history now.  If I have any earthshaking revelations afterward, I'll report back.  Although, I really SHOULD be working!

Daruya, to answer your question about the working together thing, yes, that's kinda how it works.  Nae said that she was working with Panda to try and ferret out the mafia.  Since she was an innocent, we know that she couldn't contact anyone about the game outside the thread.  It is a lot of guessing and hoping that the person you work with is innocent.

Lorei- So you're voting Panda again?  That doesn't make much sense to me.  Why would you unvote, then vote for the same person again?  You say that it is because you don't see anyone lynching Panda, but are you forgetting that not everyone has voted?  Had you not re-voted for Panda, Daruya still could have cast the vote to lynch.  So I really don't buy that argument.  When you accused Jade of being mafia based on what she is asking about the Finder really raised my eyebrows as well.  She's asking the questions to clarify the situation we are in.

the Finder reveals before this point and is protected by the PewterArm in this case. The PewterArm would stay hidden and try and protect the Finder. The Finder should have been helping us find Mafia, that's their purpose and they haven't. So I can't help but feel it's because there was only one and we lost him right off.

Jayd, the Finder will never reveal just because the game gets to a certain 'point'. The Finder reveals if and only if he/she is about to be lynched or if an innocent lynch is threatened that would give the mafia the game. Neither of those conditions have been met.

Day has begun!! Day will end in 72 hours. 9PM Monday night.

Day will end before I get back.

I have to make a choice. I was hoping this would be resolved before I had to leave. If we lynch an innocent, and we lose two more innocents during the night, we'll be down to four players, with possibly two mafia, we lose.

I'm sorry, but nothing anyone has said has given me any real reason to change my vote.

And, I think this sums up my thinking best.  You have just said that an innocent lynch could lose us the game right now if we lose two innocents to nightkills.  IMO, that directly contradicts what you have said in previous posts.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe from you, Lorei.  For this reason,[glow=red,2,300] unvote Vote Loreina[/glow]

Okay, I’ve gone back and done some research.  I find it interesting that panda accuses others of vote hopping but on the 2nd vote, changed votes TWICE (Aubrey/Illiara/Narina).  Narina, an innocent, was subsequently lynched.  And in a later post he said, “I don't always feel it necessary to make everyone aware who my targets are because it puts their backs up.”  Interesting word to use, targets.  He tossed out the first vote, against Bursius, because “they seemed suspicious.”  Interesting he’d use plural.  At the same time, he questioned why Aubrey voted for him because he threw the first lynch.  So he provided a “lame” reason for voting for someone and then questioned the reasoning of anyone who voted for him even if their reason for voting for him was the same as his reason for voting for someone.  So, essentially, a "baseless" accusation from him was valid but a similar one from someone else toward him was not.  It certainly seems to me that he’s trying to stir up confusion which is what an Obligator would do. 

Granted, he’s not the only one that has done a lot of vote hopping.  In the third vote, Lorei changed her vote twice (Bursius/Min/Bursius) and in the fourth vote she changed her vote twice (Maeva/Panda/Aubrey).  In the fifth (current) vote,  Illiara has changed her vote twice (Panda/Maeva/Loreina).  So they're all on my radar now, too.

So while I’m a mass of even more suspicions now, after re-reading all the history, I’d have to say that Panda is the one that stands out the most.  So I vote [glow=red,2,300]Panda[/glow].

If anyone is interested, I'll duplicate the data from my spreadsheet here later, showing all the votes.  If not, I'll just keep adding to it (I hope!) and use that information for future votes.

*runs in*

I am sooooo sorry!!! I know i'm late! I was....Tied up...LOL

Ok well after a day of accusations and lots of talk...you are all feeling the crunch. it is now of never...you have to get an obligator today or you pretty sure the rest of you are dead. You decided to put it to a vote and all raise your hands or not when a name is spoken. Five hands go up when Pandy's name is called.

That being the majority you all look at him and he smirks. Leaning on his elbow he looks at you all and says...

"are you sure?"

You all answer... "Yes!"

He says..."well it took you long enough...."

He jumps up and tries to get away...but you grab him and hold him down. Tieing him up you pull the rope tight and Pandy is lynched.

Looking through his pockets you find...Notes on the crew members and who was next on his hit list. Vials of metals which can only mean a mistborn!

Pandy the unaligned Mistborn was lynched.

It is now night...please send in your night actions. Night will end in 48 hours. Wendnesday June 10th

I'm glad I got back earlier than expected.

So panda was an unaligned assassin. Good, then he doesn't count as an innocent death.

Daruya, to answer your question about the working together thing, yes, that's kinda how it works.  Nae said that she was working with Panda to try and ferret out the mafia.  Since she was an innocent, we know that she couldn't contact anyone about the game outside the thread.  It is a lot of guessing and hoping that the person you work with is innocent.

No, I have to strongly disagree here. We should never try to allign ourselves to other players, because we never know who's mafia. Not a good idea to try to guess and hope, it is too dangerous. If you guess wrong, and the person turns out to be mafia, the association helps the mafia get you lynched.

And Illiara, I don't remember Nae saying she was working with panda. If you are going to refer to what someone said, please use the quote copier.

Lorei- So you're voting Panda again?  That doesn't make much sense to me.  Why would you unvote, then vote for the same person again?  You say that it is because you don't see anyone lynching Panda, but are you forgetting that not everyone has voted?  Had you not re-voted for Panda, Daruya still could have cast the vote to lynch.  So I really don't buy that argument. 

It's a matter of mafia etiquette. I was online when the requisite number of votes for the lynch had been reached, and a player (you) made an opposing post that was rather long and required evaluation. In the games I have played in, if the mod looks in and finds the vote count is adequate for a lynch, the lynch happens regardless of the time. I did not know if that would happen in this game or not. So, courtesy demanded that I unvote to prevent the lynch until I had evaluated your post. I did so, but nothing you had said seemed to justify changing my vote, as I said. So I voted panda again. I was forgetting nothing. And that part about not seeing anyone lynch panda? That is not what I said. I said

I'm sorry, but nothing anyone has said has given me any real reason to change my vote.
That is not the same thing.

And, I think this sums up my thinking best.  You have just said that an innocent lynch could lose us the game right now if we lose two innocents to nightkills.  IMO, that directly contradicts what you have said in previous posts.

???  This makes no sense to me. What I said was this:

" If we lynch an innocent, and we lose two more innocents during the night, we'll be down to four players, with possibly two mafia, we lose."
This made perfect sense. 7-1 innocent lynched = 6 players left, including the assassin. If the assassin targeted one innocent and the mafia another, then 6-2 innocents = 4 players left, at least two of which could have been mafia. Game over. A very real possibility which was averted when panda was lynched. Since I had not tried to analyze what might happen in the game before then, how could I possibly contradict myself?  Are you trying to say that panda should have faked a Finder reveal to save himself from the lynch? I suppose he could have tried it, but I wouldn't have bought it, and I doubt the others would have either. He was at the forefront of too many innocent lynches to be our Finder.

There are now only six players left. The assassin is dead. The mafia may kill one of us tonight, and probably will. If there are two mafia left, that would mean that we would need to lynch a mafia during day or lose the game. 

Wow, Pandy was an assassin, and unaligned at that.  He didn't really come across as one -- I had him figured for an Obligator after my research.

Revenge, you must find the Mistborn before they find you.

chains rattling in the dark are heard and the shrieking voice of one who was slain before her time.

Protect the innocent. Lynch the Mistborn and revenge my death.

*LMAO*

*bats the ghosts away* ;)

Day breaks and the crew wakes up yet again....you are all holding your breath to see who was done in this night. You run out of your room and look around....there on the floor you see a pool a blood. The blood is coming from Illiara's room. You look in and there is her body...she is laying over a her desk with blood all over her papers. You look around and find nothing to tell you she is an obligator...just notes of the activities and the behaviors of the crew. Looks like she was working hard to figure out who the obligators are. To bad they got her....

Illiara an Innocent Skaa is dead.

There are 5 players left...

it takes 3 to lynch....day will be short this time guys...48 hours. Day ends Friday 9PM.

ANOTHER innocent?!  So much for MY analysis.  >:(

Actually, Lorei, I had both you AND Illiara on my radar after my analysis the other day.  With Illiara dead AND an innocent, I'm going to have to re-think my analysis, although I'm still seeing you as a potential suspect (with so few of us left, though, I pretty much have to).  However, before I go so far as to cast a vote against any of you, I need to go back and check my notes.  Mistakes made to date have been much too costly.  Unfortunately, I don't have a complete set of my notes here with me so will have to wait till later today to comb through them again. 

*looks distrustfully at Lorei, Kelly, Jade and Maeva*

Archived