DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where did my posts go? Where is the ______ board?

JenniferL

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll have to copy them over by hand, MasterDude (although are you sure they didn't just move over and drop down to their proper "unstickied" place?)

Right now, there isn't any way to get them sticky'd on these boards (because of the current inability to get moderators properly set up) but as soon as that's taken care of, your mods can glue them back up for you.

people who want to get there post count up are mearly poor impersonations of spammers, i was making the point that if people want to do that, it will be to the likely detriment of the rest of the board. it might not be, thats just my opinion, though it does seem like insult upon insult is being heaped on fiddles and its like your trying to piss us off. the reason i suggested maybe fiddlestick becoming an org was to get maybe just a tiny weenie bit of respect instead of being treated like an unwanted carbuncle

Nah, spam that spills over to other boards will be deleted; people who persist overmuch will be taken care of. I don't think that's a big worry, really.

I'm not sure why you feel that you haven't been treated respectfully, though. Fiddlesticks has gotten the same treatment as all of the rest of the boards at DM - it's a subset of our General Discussion, and so it's nested under the "General Discussion" board, the same way that the Warders are a part of the White Tower, and so those boards are nested under the White Tower, underneath the 'Great Hall' board where all the rest of the divisions of the Org have their boards.

And since when is Fiddles "a subset of our General Discussion"?

I've never seen it that way.

As to the posts that don't count: why not? People who care about it are all on fiddles to enhighten it. Why don't make fiddles count? TO let spam get back to the other boards?

Yes the stickied posts wern't carried over since I don't see any from SG I think that we don't have any mods for there yet and that they just wern't carried over by hand....I guess I'll just have to do it.

If some mods are needed from there I'll do it. We are currently doing an invasion rolling thread (And the person that started it is out of town and I'm taking over for it for the next so if I got some mods it would really help and I need to get it moved in the next 2 days or so or ASAP)

Guest Haxorsist

I think the reason they removed the post count on Fiddles is because they want the post count to show how many posts with content a person has made, so that it actually means something. Not that getting your post count over 10k or something (don't know what's considered a lot) isn't an impressive feat.

I guess it would be cool with a Fiddles statistic, but I don't think that's possible.

Guest Barmacral

But why? The only reason that a post count is there is so you know how active someone has been over their lifetime on the site. Making it so that it only counts posts that have content is a waste, as there are still a ton of posts outside of fiddles that don't have content. For the people in fiddles its like and e-peen thing. For everyone else... basically none of them care. Let the fiddles people have the post count, we like it, and it does not negatively impact anything. Trying to have the post count only count 'posts with content' is as stupid an idea as I ever heard.

But why? The only reason that a post count is there is so you know how active someone has been over their lifetime on the site. Making it so that it only counts posts that have content is a waste, as there are still a ton of posts outside of fiddles that don't have content. For the people in fiddles its like and e-peen thing. For everyone else... basically none of them care. Let the fiddles people have the post count, we like it, and it does not negatively impact anything. Trying to have the post count only count 'posts with content' is as stupid an idea as I ever heard.

Barm, I was here when Fiddlesticks was created, it was created for spam, if you actually look at the definition of the board this is what it says. Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Now I understand your point but DM is one of the few sites I know that allows post costs to be raised by posting in a spam forum. Their theory is that if people really care about post counts they will post equally as much as they do in the spam forums and raise their post count. I think it works well and now that they have the ability to turn post counts off, which I am pretty sure is new with this board, I am sure they are going to keep it this way, as I am pretty sure that's what the staff always wanted anyway. LOL and I am just wondering why post counts matter so much, I mean I used to be #1 poster at some point and I could care less that I am not anymore.  :P

This is more my opinion than fact.... The fiddlesticks board was created to take the heat off other board for the 'Ultimate' spammers.  Spam is what I consider to be "junk". Just like spam in my mailbox. I see this board as an "outlet" for the otherwise serious working points grabber. The ones that come to our Tower threads to ask to work for points.  ;)  I can tell you now, that if they are posting one, two, three word posts I can bet you we won't be giving points for it.

I will adamantly say this too, that Fiddlesticks should never be eligible for Org status. Much like the general population threads, this too is just a place to blab. Not that we don't just "blab" on other point earning threads but, those threads are not ultimately "spam" threads and we do not invite spam, since that would defeat the purpose of this forum.

I didn't realize that the post count really made a difference in any place other than the offical Organizations. Other than seeing your own post count.. how does it make any difference?

I will say this again... this more my own opinion. 

To be honest the count doesn't bother me. However the assumption that all fiddlestciks posta are one to three words oer post have never really popped in there. Yes there are ones that do but also there have been a few posts where a few thousand words have been used (the double blind mafia game for starters).

If as other sayd it doesn't matter about post count, then why do you want it turned off on Fiddles. There is also a lot of spam on the Org sites too.

Maybe Fiddles could be it's own org with a mafia child board  ;), only joking. I'm not actually that bothered where it is and found it soon enough.

I did clarify, in my first post, that there was indeed spam on other boards. I am not saying that what happens on fiddlesticks is less than important for what this forum is meant for.  ;)  But what we do in the Org boards is try to maintain a more WoT driven structure, WoT driven discussions, WoT tasks, wot this and that.

The Mafia aren't in the WoT though you would think that the Children of the Light are close enough. :p I am not narrow in my vision and do see that there is a lot more going on than the Mafia games.  ;)

I hope that you get my point... its not meant to aggrivate you all. I know a lot of Fiddlestickers are members of Orgs and know what I meant to begin with.  :-*

But what is the difference of gaining counts on a WoT org or non WoT baord, ie.. If I post on the general board all the time...my count would go up but it is not WoT related.

However all I'm trying to say is that why does it matter so where your post count comes from. The Orgs do not use post count to give points as there is no way of telling where they got these counst anyway (ie you can be in the White Tower and spend all your time gaining counts in the Balck Tower). So actually they are quite meaningless. In fact you can gain two points in the tower for saying 'I'm here' once a month. ;)

all my own opinion again of course...

I don't recall that my post count mattered, ever. But going to a roll call and getting points for that is a structured assignment. It may be small but it is. People know that if they show up for that they will get points. I actually have a negative opinion on that actually..... If I could change that I wouldn't give points for that. But that's not what this is about.

Does anyone in Fiddles recall being told that they would indeed get points for posting in Fiddlesticks?  I am just curious.

:-\

gain points for what ?

to change the subject: We need some light in here (and no, I do NOT mean the colour scheme).  It feels as if Venus is in Mars or we're all suffering from too many positive electrons or something.

I know and appreciate that there are people out there working incredibly hard to provide us all with a new improved version of our daily fix (ie DM).  I also know that there are a lot of people getting very frustrated, and tempers and emotions are boiling over.

Taking a step back, I'm wondering why we are all (well, a lot of us, anyway) acting in this extreme way, totally out of character for some people, might I add ....

Is there a Darkfriend uprising or something ? (there is no need to call the psych ward - I'm just trying to paint a picture  : and I'm not a good artist). But seriously - I feel a dark presence here that is pushing us out instead of a light one pulling us in. I don't know how to put this in words *frustrated at own ineptitude*

Just my two cents worth.

Maybe there is something Subliminal going on on these boards....I think it's the fustration of everything changing and things not going quite right and sitting the other side of the screen to those that are doing the work and being able to help.

Also not some people posting for the regulars to have a banter with.

So I will say I wasn't having a go Cleo....I Like change but it takes a little while for me to get there and get used to it. :D

*snugglebites her Sis and is brought back down to earth*

Barm, I was here when Fiddlesticks was created, it was created for spam, if you actually look at the definition of the board this is what it says. Spam spam spam spam. Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Now I understand your point but DM is one of the few sites I know that allows post costs to be raised by posting in a spam forum. Their theory is that if people really care about post counts they will post equally as much as they do in the spam forums and raise their post count. I think it works well and now that they have the ability to turn post counts off, which I am pretty sure is new with this board, I am sure they are going to keep it this way, as I am pretty sure that's what the staff always wanted anyway. LOL and I am just wondering why post counts matter so much, I mean I used to be #1 poster at some point and I could care less that I am not anymore.  :P

fiddlesticks isnt the same place, its changed, and evolved, and i see it as a different place now to what it was, granted i wasnt here right when it was made, but it was pretty soon after.  its not that we cant boost our post count, its the reasons that we cant that we dont like. what your saying is that we dont count. if we only were posting for post count then fiddles would be dead right now, however its still, active, believe it or not. we spam  to spam, for the most part i believe, not for post count. and as for the spam, yes there are one, two , and three word posts. however so do all the other boards, but we still have longer posts in good proportion, with 'content' than all you people give us credit for.

This is more my opinion than fact.... The fiddlesticks board was created to take the heat off other board for the 'Ultimate' spammers.  Spam is what I consider to be "junk". Just like spam in my mailbox. I see this board as an "outlet" for the otherwise serious working points grabber. The ones that come to our Tower threads to ask to work for points.  ;)  I can tell you now, that if they are posting one, two, three word posts I can bet you we won't be giving points for it.

I will adamantly say this too, that Fiddlesticks should never be eligible for Org status. Much like the general population threads, this too is just a place to blab. Not that we don't just "blab" on other point earning threads but, those threads are not ultimately "spam" threads and we do not invite spam, since that would defeat the purpose of this forum.

I didn't realize that the post count really made a difference in any place other than the offical Organizations. Other than seeing your own post count.. how does it make any difference?

I will say this again... this more my own opinion. 

that isnt how we define spam in fiddlesticks, its more being random and being able to say and do anything (within the pg 13 limits and as long as it doent widen the page ;) ), spam is ,to us, leting our imaginations roam loose across the plains of fiddlesticks, not 'blab' and 'junk'.

and as to the orgship..as i said before, i dont think fiddles would survive being a traditional org, however if there was a way to do it keeping the ramdominity and fluidity of fiddles and to still be open to all, then i dont see how much we really differ from the orgs in any other respects

and talya..wasent there talk of there being mafia boards on the old DM,i think it was supposed to be made but wasnt or something, ...having it as a child board in fiddles actually sounds pretty good,..i think in the old one it was only going to be viewable on the mafia accounts

..we have points..cool..coolness points right?

um im actually gonna start a new thread on all this so we stop hijacking this one from its proper purpose :-[

on an unrelated note ..is there anyway to add holidays to the calender..international lefthanders day is missing :(

Out of interest, when I look at some threads in a specific usergroup, I can't access them because everytime I try to it makes me log in again and again and again!

I suspect that it might be a problem with me (It probably is) but I thought I would check in case anyone else is experiencing this!  :)

I would like to remind everyone that I am in fact on vacation and should quit PMing me about not having moderator rights to the whatever boards yet.  I ain't fixin' SQUAT till I get home. =)

Archived