DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where did my posts go? Where is the ______ board?

JenniferL

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we really even need usergroups with the child boards around now? I mean, since the Org private boards are sort of all hidden and stuff? If that doesn't make sense I apologize in advance...I'm not sure what other functions the usergroups had other than keeping the Org private boards hidden...

Yes we do. Staff boards still need to be hidden. And several Orgs would like to have boards reserved for members who have reached a certain rank. 

Guest Haxorsist

The ability to change your name is nifty. Can't decide if I should stay with Haxorsist or change it Hax... or Coolio.

Hey they gave me a return to top button! It's called Up and is located next to the page buttons... hehe

Thanks Hax.  ;)

Huggs* Lews I swear I was about to start trying to pounce the moving words in order to read them!!! I appreciate it. :-*

Hey, Horn of Valere, do you like the new colors? :D

Thanks Staff for our shiny new place... ;D

I noticed that myself earlier, especially in the Newbie Mafia game.  When I went to post something, I got an error message.  The last time I tried to send one, I scrolled down to see the previous messages and saw some of the ones I'd sent this morning there, but they weren't coming up on screen or anywhere else. 

It is something we can change and it's making me bonkers as well.  There should be a tab at the top that says "Profile". Click that.  Somewhere in there should be a link that says "Look and layout". Click that. You should be able to choose a theme from there.

This is all that comes up when I click it - no theme selection anywhere:

This section allows you to customize the look and layout of the forum.

Time Format:

Help The format here will be used to show dates throughout this forum.

Time Offset:

Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.

(auto detect)

Current forum time: July 04, 2007, 05:26:21 AM

Show board descriptions inside boards.

Show child boards on every page inside boards, not just the first.

Don't show users' avatars.

Don't show users' signatures.

Return to topics after posting by default.

Don't warn on new replies made while posting.

Show most recent posts at the top.

Show most recent personal messages at top.

First day of the week on the calendar:

Use quick reply on topic display:

Show quick-moderation on message index as

question with regards to SEARCH:

I used to be able to do a search on a person, ie search under "author" for any posts made by for example "Elgee", and it would find me all the posts made by that person.

I don't seem to be able to do that here.  It says:

Did you forget to put something to search for?

No, I did not forget ... I do not want to search for something.

Any way to get around this ? ( I have tried leaving the Search For option open, or putting an * in it - neither works)

Guest Barmacral

I didn't expect Fiddles to become an Org... I AM curious though... just why can't we get our post count up in there? It rather... negates the point of fiddles IMO.

Ah well, I suppose Kathana did say it would be worked on later... guess I'll have to just post once elsewhere for every post I make in fiddles until then.

i dont think it negates the point of fiddles really, i dont actually mind that(and now we got you scared theat we'll take overicon_twisted.gif, and the rest of you still wont be able to catch us) well except for the newbs that we could hook with it. and no im not sure either that being a traditional org or anything like that would suit us, was probaly stinging from the shame of being put in a place called a child board, lumped with debates and discussion and labled as disscusion. it more of an asthetic thing.., we dont disscuss, we spam, and being labled its its bin wrapped in strands of taint...all this does raise an interesting point, as to fiddles point and its purpose, it seems we all have different views on this

just why can't we get our post count up in there?

Because we don't like people posting just for the sake of their post-count? *grins* So they only ones that 'count' are the ones that are on boards where we expect some minimal amount of content...

At least, that's what I'd think, anyway.

Ben

wouldnt that be counter productive, if people want to get there post count up they'll will end up spaming outside of fiddles. on the plus side the quality of the spam in fiddles should improve..though it will probably increase as well, as it  now feels like double posting in there isnt cheating

Guest Haxorsist

Well, as far as I know, you're only allowed to spam in fiddles or in the Orgs that allow spam, so personally I don't see the problem. But then again I'm not much of a spammer, so I probably don't get it.

people who want to get there post count up are mearly poor impersonations of spammers, i was making the point that if people want to do that, it will be to the likely detriment of the rest of the board. it might not be, thats just my opinion, though it does seem like insult upon insult is being heaped on fiddles and its like your trying to piss us off. the reason i suggested maybe fiddlestick becoming an org was to get maybe just a tiny weenie bit of respect instead of being treated like an unwanted carbuncle

Archived