DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where did my posts go? Where is the ______ board?

JenniferL

Hey all, welcome to the new forums.

We attempted to move all the posts over, but not everything did. Please copy anything you need from the old forums onto the new boards.

We are making extensive use of our ability to nest forums for the Org boards and a few of the discussion boards. This means that some of our forums are NOT viewable from the index.  First and second tier forums are, but there is at least two third tier forums that you'll need to search for. If you can't find something, first make sure you don't need to join a user group to see it. This will be the case with the Org boards.  If you are in the user group, or it doesn't need one, just click around and look for links in logical places. I tried to make the groupings as straight forward as I could, but what's obvious to one person isn't always to another.

These boards have MANY more features. I'm just figuring out some of them, as are the other Admins. Things may shift places suddenly, or look broken.  Please bear with us while we settle in.

Enjoy yourselves!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Haxorsist

Woah, this is confusing. Gonna take a while to get used to it, but I'm sure it'll be great. :D

Some of you will note that your avatars and signatures look funny or broken.

I've set it to FORCE all avatars to conform to the 80 x 80 rule. Yes, this means I don't need to edit your profiles anymore.  However, the software can't distinguish between avatars that are still within the rules, just not taking the maximum space. If your avatar was slightly smaller, its been stretched. If it was larger, its been compressed.

As for signatures, for some reason known only to Bela, the conversion program left off the first character of your signature. It's also converting font sizes funky.  Please fix this as soon as you notice it.

is this the look that we're going to keep? the black one Imean..

God, I hope not. I've come to dislike it greatly over the last few hours. I've set myself back to the original SMF theme. You can do this in your profile tab.

I'll just post whatever I come across that you or the 'nerds' need to know.

the forum menu on top where you can click on 'mark read, poll, etc': I notice it not working on 3 boards so far though it does work on 1 board that I tried (general works I believe, the Reds and lecture hall doesn't. Forgot the other board)

I'll just post whatever I come across that you or the 'nerds' need to know.

the forum menu on top where you can click on 'mark read, poll, etc': I notice it not working on 3 boards so far though it does work on 1 board that I tried (general works I believe, the Reds and lecture hall doesn't. Forgot the other board)

Not sure what's wrong there. I'll have a nerd look at it. *is adamantly NOT a nerd*

Hey Kathana, how do I sticky/pin things? Do I need some sort of moderator status or something before I'm allowed to do that?

The permissions are wacky. I'm trying to fix them all now. It's slow going because we have appr. six thousand user groups.  *is only partly kidding*

Guest Cadsuane

Is the current thread format a requirement of the new type of boards we are using, or can it be changed??  I am talking about how each reply to a topic shows the user's name and info, and "Re: Thread Title" every time, so that the replies themselves do not flow one to the other. In the old boards most of that was off to the side, so each post was immediately preceded and followed by another post, not user info. =)

Guest Haxorsist

Yeah, it's kinda confusing. Also, I didn't find where in the profile I could change the theme. My eyes are hurting.

what Cads said. I can't see me posting the Hornsounder here if every post is going to have my personal info and my siggy in each post. It makes the whole thing a bit crowded.

Also wondering if there can be a reply button on the bottom as well as on top, so that when we're on the bottom we don't have to scroll all the way up to reply to a post? (forget this, I found the button lol)

I couldnt find where to change the theme either..

and I was actally coming here to ask the same as Cads did. its messy the way the avas and stuff are above each persons post. its not like that in the blue boards so i'm guessing it can be changed :)

It is something we can change and it's making me bonkers as well.  There should be a tab at the top that says "Profile". Click that.  Somewhere in there should be a link that says "Look and layout". Click that. You should be able to choose a theme from there.

im so confused ???. i like being confused ;D...um just to say..i like some of the stuff..you know you dont all have to look and the dark dank musty side...tho still..i think fiddles is a thoughlely grown up borad..seeing as its where 30% of DMs posts are :P...is distracted oooh a kissing smilly..even if it is really ikle :-* ;D whoop

Archived