DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where did my posts go? Where is the ______ board?

JenniferL

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a question - have all the user groups been passed over yet? As in, the RP ones as well? I ask because I don't seem to have mod rights to any of the boards I should have as WT staff. Or should I be harassing Owen about this? :)

Guest nephitess

Kath hun your doing a great job as well as all the other working so hard on these boards!!! Thanks hun!!! ;D

So is there any way I can make everything white like it was a while back?  I really liked that!

the way i understood it is that the admins can, and tey want us to be able to, but so far they havent quite let us yet(althought they want to)

be patient, they're working hard.(although I admit it's VERY difficult to read all the posts properly, it always seems that the post is somewhere between the next posters avatar and that previous posters signature)

A box around posts would work (if this is do-able, try maybe just a border if the forum handles each post as a picture?)

I confess that I can, at times, sound very matter of fact and it can seem impersonal. *hugs the room* I am sorry about that *huggles Talya*

I do understand all you all's feelings and no one said you as people and members here at DM do NOT matter. But Fiddlesticks was born out of a need to disrupt spam, or better yet ... move it. I am under no delusion that this will divert all spam from other Forums  ;) But, it really has cut down on it! Being here for the 5 years as a member and looking back at it to now... Fiddles has helped. I believe Fiddles provides a great place to spam your butts off and I am glad for it. *G* But to that point, I see this forum as a discussion thread, the way it started out.... though more spammy.  ;D

Since these are new boards, can we request a new board? I know that many RPers like myself didn't know the boards were moving here. Yes, the info was posted, but really, if you come only to RP, who is going to read through the general board, where there are numerous threads about nothing of interest, and once on occasion a post that actually affects us too? Even then, having to read through 6 pages or whatever it was to get all the info I needed is rather painful. Can we have a board, purely for announcements of this type of nature? For board updates, that sort of thing. Things that all members need to read, even if they don't usually look at the org and other boards. Maybe somewhere that only Admins or whoever can post to and reply to, so the info isn't lost amidst a dozen pages of spam (like this one is - a page of fiddles stuff really doesn't encourage pure rpers to keep reading.:))

Not a complaint as such, but it might help to make things smoother and clearer, and then no one can say they have missed important info, if there is a board just for that purpose. :) Anyone reading this that is a power that be, can it be considered, at least? :)

the staff was discussing making a specific board for news... this got turned into the blog... and the announcements section on the dragonmount.com page. other than that.... *shrugs*

btw, rps are absolutely welcome and encouraged to post things here too. we hardly ever see you guys around. :(

yeh..you used to post thing like that on the news bit like *forum maintences- DM will be down when ever*..i guess it was a bit whirlwindy this time

um sorry bout the fiddles stuff..iv got that moved into its own thread now, so we shouldnt any more with that

oh and is the home page going to be changed as well..or left like the old boards? just curious. maybe there could be an extra tab made for mews and announcementy things, and mabe one to go straight to the blog as well?.

um is it not possible to have another of the linky to the borads above thing at the bottom of the page to?.

ok thats all i can think of for now, but i do have to say this place is growing on me maybe

um i could try and pass these sugestions of as making navigating  DM easier..but its really just lazyness. ;D

Just like we hardly ever see you guys on the RP side. Do you read what we write? Most of you don't. Nothing wrong with that, we are just interested in very different things. I've actually tried being in the orgs and such, but find they really weren't for me. I pretty much just come to DM to RP. So don't feel bad that you don't see us on the other boards, I'm sure many RPers feel sad that there aren't more Orgers joining us to play ;)

I admit, I don't read the blog often, and the announcements...well sometimes. I just think a separate board makes sense, because when I come to DM, I go straight to the forums, and don't look at anything else, and I'm sure I'm not the only one (sad as it is). But if there was a board that I knew was going to have information in it I needed to know, and wasn't going to be lost in threads 10+ pages long, I'd be a lot more likely to read it. Just thinking of reaching all the members, even the ones that don't seem to post as often or seem as active. :D

Guest Barmacral

Just like we hardly ever see you guys on the RP side. Do you read what we write? Most of you don't. Nothing wrong with that, we are just interested in very different things. I've actually tried being in the orgs and such, but find they really weren't for me. I pretty much just come to DM to RP. So don't feel bad that you don't see us on the other boards, I'm sure many RPers feel sad that there aren't more Orgers joining us to play ;)

I admit, I don't read the blog often, and the announcements...well sometimes. I just think a separate board makes sense, because when I come to DM, I go straight to the forums, and don't look at anything else, and I'm sure I'm not the only one (sad as it is). But if there was a board that I knew was going to have information in it I needed to know, and wasn't going to be lost in threads 10+ pages long, I'd be a lot more likely to read it. Just thinking of reaching all the members, even the ones that don't seem to post as often or seem as active. :D

I actually agree with your idea of having an announcement board. VERY handy to have. Also a good way to catch up on major changes and events that have happened with the site after you've been away for a while.

I confess that I can, at times, sound very matter of fact and it can seem impersonal. *hugs the room* I am sorry about that *huggles Talya*

I do understand all you all's feelings and no one said you as people and members here at DM do NOT matter. But Fiddlesticks was born out of a need to disrupt spam, or better yet ... move it. I am under no delusion that this will divert all spam from other Forums  ;) But, it really has cut down on it! Being here for the 5 years as a member and looking back at it to now... Fiddles has helped. I believe Fiddles provides a great place to spam your butts off and I am glad for it. *G* But to that point, I see this forum as a discussion thread, the way it started out.... though more spammy.  ;D

Yup, I cant say I can vouch for all of this, but I was going to say that on some forums that i lead, this thread would be considered to have turned into spam, since it is now off topic, and even the people against spam have partaken in that.

The thread that Reddffern made to differt this offtopic-ness is here->http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,17756.0.html

edit: Oh, and i forgot to mention what i would consider a bug earlier, the home button here leads to http://www.dragonmount.com/main.php whereas its forums button leads to here http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/

Lavinya, what i meant was that this particular spot on these boards is made for anyone and everyone despite their affiliations with the orgs, rps, or book discussions. We all have our own niches, but this is like the bulletin board or coffee shop. Informal, but you get to know people and things.

If we wanted, we could come here to do a happy birthday Lavinia thread and that would be informative in a general way and include everyone who loves to celebrate with people. It would also be topical. ;)

I'd love a happy birthday thread - still doesn't mean I'd check this board a lot. Many of the RPers check the RP boards and don't even visit our OOC boards - just not their thing. I have nothing against general discussion, I just think important announcements should be somewhere else is all. :D

That's bound to happen at points. They're still a little buggy ;)

I think an Announcement Board would be a fabulous idea. That way a question that I asked a couple of pages back wouldn't get lost  :) And it's relevant to everyone.

Guest Majsju

Announcent board? Isn't that a wee bit extreme?

How about an announcement thread, locked so only Jason, admins and eventual codemonkeys can post there. Just announcemtns, pure, lovely info.

I think that's why we went with the blog. An announcement thread is less likely to be used and a whole board is going to be quite blank for a while, so why not a blog? We are still getting into the habit of using it though. *cough*

Oh, and can we all really bother you, Maj?

Archived