DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

I'm sure that that will be Perrin, not Mat.  Perrin has made one promise that Mat's sisters will be looked after....I think in S2 or S3 he will have a moment where he will reiterate that promise, possibly right before he leaves for Two Rivers, more explicitly.  The Two Rivers 'fight', on the personal side, will be about Perrin saving Mat's family, in a lot of ways. At least that's my guess.

But the Two Rivers fight itself will have more wolf dream in it.

Here are my top 11 predictions for S2. They are all somewhat non-obvious predictions. I have tried to leave out all of the obvious stuff.

Spoiler

1. Moiraine is stilled, not shielded, and she won't get her powers back until Nynaeve heals stilling in S4. Moiraine will take over Siuan's role as Egwene's advisor in Salidar, and for that she has to be stilled. Rationale: The writers need to give Rosamund Pike screen time between S4 and S7 when book-Moiraine is with the Finn. Also, Sophie Okonedo will probably leave the show before S8, and they will kill off Siuan when Sophie leaves, probably in the Elaida coup.

2. We will see very early in S2, probably in the S2 E1 cold open via a flashback, that Liandrin is Black Ajah, and that Moiraine has known this fact since the beginning of S1 (big departure from books). We will find out about this in a new version of the S1 E1 Liandrin chase scene. Rationale: We know from Geeky Eri's S2 location video that the location where that chase scene was shot was used again in S2, in E1 and/or E2. This was probably to shoot additional footage for the chase scene. I believe the main purpose of that scene in S1 was to act as an "anchor scene" so they can later, in S2, go back to that scene in a flashback, with more information, so this has probably always been planned to be a bit of a place holder for the big Black Ajah reveal.

3. We will see in a flashback that the way the "four ta'veren rumor" started in S1 is that a channeler with the "ta'veren seeing" Talent visited the Two Rivers before the events of S1, probably on a mission from Siuan, "saw" Perrin/Mat/Rand/Egwene there, and reported that back, so Moiraine eventually got that info. This is also how Moiraine knew WHO those four kids were. That channeler will be Else Treehill (new character in S2). This will probably be part of the S2 E1 cold open, and will happen before the Liandrin chase scene. Rationale: casting reveal of Else Treehill in wotseries.com, presence of the "four ta'veren" rumor IN the chase scene.

4. The last scene of S2 E8 will be Siuan being deposed. (I cannot take credit for that part. It was proposed at WoTCon.) The reason for the coup will not be Siuan's connection to Rand (because in the show Rand will not have enough time to declare himself before that), but rather the fact that Siuan, like Moiraine, knew about Liandrin being Black, and the Red Ajah will uncover that when they investigate Liandrin's Black Ajah activities in S2. Rationale: S2 E8 is arguably the best time for the coup, because it would allow Sophie Okonedo to leave after S2, would be a good "hook" for S3, and would line up best with the Salidar timeline. Also, there are already subtle hints in S1 that Siuan knows about Liandrin being Black (and not-so-subtle hints that Moiraine knows).

5. We will get the twisted redstone doorframe and the Finn storyline in S2. The doorframe will be in Cairhien, probably in the same place where in the book the waygate is located, and that story line will be woven into the main Cairhien Barthanes/Galldrian story line. Rationale: we won't get Tear in the show before the Aiel Waste, but the Finn storyline has to happen before the Aiel Waste. Doing this in S2 is logistically easier than at the beginning of S3, when the writers will want to send characters to the Aiel Waste ASAP. Cairhien is a good place, because Mat/Rand/Moiraine will all be there at some point, and in S2 we already have a Cairhien story line that they can connect to. They could also connect it to Moiraine's family and childhood.

6. Mat will be mostly on his book 3 story line, but only the Tar Valon portion, since Caemlyn/Tear won't be in S2. The writers will probably also get him involved in the Cairhien story line, paired up with Thom, to give him more screen time. No Mat/Gawyn/Galad fight in S2 though. That will probably happen in S3 or S4. Rationale: the Gawyn audition video reported by wotseries.com was likely for S3, not S2, because it mentions a "city preparing to be sacked". That city is probably Cairhien, under siege by the Shaido. The battle for Cairhien will probably be the season finale of S3. wotseries.com found the video in June 2022, after S2 had finished shooting, and months after first rumors of Amazon-internal green-lighting of S3, i.e. when auditions for S3 likely had started already. This would mean Gawyn is not in S2.

7. We will get the Gitara Moroso foretelling scene in S2, as part of the Moiraine storyline, probably as a flashback within a flashback, when we see how Moiraine bonds Lan and tells Lan about her mission. Rationale: that scene appears to have been cut from S1 E1 very late during S1 production, probably after S2 had been internally greenlit already (late 2020), most likely because it fits better into S2.

8. Only Egwene will be taken to the Seanchan, not Nynaeve/Elayne/Min. Rationale: with books 2/3 in parallel, someone needs to be on the Black Ajah hunt, and that will be Nynaeve/Elayne. That story line will start after Egwene has been taken. No need for "hounds" in the show.

9. Ishamael will appear in Rand's dream again (dream shard etc.), and that is how Rand will realize that his task is not over (Dark One not caged). He may also get his first heron brand that way. After that he will rejoin Lan/Moiraine for part of their story line and sword training. Rationale: Rand's sword training has to happen around the middle of S2, and a dream with Ishamael that has a lingering real-life effect (brand) is about the only thing Rand would believe early in S2.

10. Nynaeve/Elayne will get their twisted stone ring ter'angreal from a captured Black sister during the Black Ajah hunt, i.e. that ring will not come from Verin. Rationale: Egwene will not go back to the Tower after the Seanchan, but straight to the Aiel Waste. If Verin were to give Egwene that ring earlier the Seanchan would just take it away.

11. The Aiel have at least one Wise One with them, probably Amys, who will teach Egwene while they are in Falme. The Aiel may also be involved in freeing Egwene. Rationale: this is needed so Egwene can pass her knowledge on to Nynaeve/Elayne in Falme, so they can communicate via Tel'aran'rhiod in S3. It has to happen before they split up into separate groups in early S3.

Edited by holger

• 1 month later...

Something tells me season two will more closely follow the books...

Perrin goes with the Shienarans to retieve the horn feeling guilty for failing to stop Fain.  Moiraine goes to retreive Mat, but realizes he isn't fully healed and sends him to join in the group., and she convinces Rand to join in to help his friends.

The girls all go to the Tower, but are tricked by Liandrin, where they meet Elayne, but they are all tricked by Liandrin and end up being taken by the Seanchan.  

Then everything falls into place.....Rand meets Serene (whether or not Hurin is there) and ends up traveling by Porterstone and they all in up in Cairhien.    Then they all travel by porterstone to Falne, where a bunch of shut happens and Rand fights Ishy in the sky

Depending on what they add ot subject, I am unsure of whether they will put THG and TDR into te reason season.

Edited by Dagon Thyne

2 hours ago, Dagon Thyne said:

Perrin goes with the Shienarans to retieve the horn feeling guilty for failing to stop Fain.  Moiraine goes to retreive Mat, but realizes he isn't fully healed and sends him to join in the group., and she convinces Rand to join in to help his friends.

The girls all go to the Tower, but are tricked by Liandrin, where they meet Elayne, but they are all tricked by Liandrin and end up being taken by the Seanchan.  

Then everything falls into place.....Rand meets Serene (whether or not Hurin is there) and ends up traveling by Porterstone and they all in up in Cairhien.    Then they all travel by porterstone to Falne, where a bunch of shut happens and Rand fights Ishy in the sky

Depending on what they add ot subject, I am unsure of whether they will put THG and TDR into te reason season.

Depends on how much new stuff they add. 

5 hours ago, Dagon Thyne said:

Perrin goes with the Shienarans to retieve the horn feeling guilty for failing to stop Fain.  Moiraine goes to retreive Mat, but realizes he isn't fully healed aHu

I hope you aren't disappointed by differences. Because there will certainly be some major differences from what you believe here.  Season 2 is going to combine good chunks of Great Hunt and Dragon Reborn, just to start, so there will be big differences just because they are doing that, but they have to change more than that.

1. Portal Stones and Waygates will be combined. They can't have all these different magic transportations systems.   It's too weird.  Having just Waygates, which then, if you channel to open them differently (perhaps by accidents) act the way a Portal Stone would, leading to, eventually, being able to make portals without waygates, will combine all the non-Dream transportation systems into one.
2. Mat will be going on his Book 3 journey, probably to rescue the girls.  He won't go with Perrin on the hunt for the horn...he's hardly in that book.   Perrin may be looking for the dagger to cure Loial or to take him to a stedding, or just to save the horn.
3. Hurin will be combined with Elyas, brought by Ingtar as a tracker for the Horn.  Fewer superpowers to explain, and gives Perrin the training he needs.
4. They will be introducing the Aiel earlier to set up for S3 (The Shadow Reborn), using Gaul's interaction with Perrin (possibly replacing Gaul with Aviendha) to introduce them and setting up that important character in a different way than she introduced in Dragon Reborn.
5. They will probably split up the hero moments in the finale like they did in S1, giving Mat the hero moment of blowing the Horn and Perrin the hero moment of fighting High Lord Turok. (Rand fights Ishy, girls escape on their own).  Perrin and Mat were downplayed badly previous season for a number of reasons, and they need to make up for it to keep it balanced between all the heroes, which I think is their goal.

We will get three episodes exploring the relationship between sul’dam and their damane. 

We will see how the damane weep if their sul’dam is killed. We will get a detailed view of a made up ceremony where a damane is handed off to a new sul’dam. 

We will get an episode that shows how they train s’redit, which will replace the grolm. But, they will not actually be used for anything other than to show the Seanchan are different. 

Every episode will have a part with Moiraine pining for the One Power and Lan not knowing what to do without her being in his head. 

Uno and Loial will get stabbed by the dagger again and still not die. Uno will say “flaming” at least twice this season. 

Edited by Wassup

13 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

I hope you aren't disappointed by differences. Because there will certainly be some major differences from what you believe here.  Season 2 is going to combine good chunks of Great Hunt and Dragon Reborn, just to start, so there will be big differences just because they are doing that, but they have to change more than that.

1. Portal Stones and Waygates will be combined. They can't have all these different magic transportations systems.   It's too weird.  Having just Waygates, which then, if you channel to open them differently (perhaps by accidents) act the way a Portal Stone would, leading to, eventually, being able to make portals without waygates, will combine all the non-Dream transportation systems into one.
2. Mat will be going on his Book 3 journey, probably to rescue the girls.  He won't go with Perrin on the hunt for the horn...he's hardly in that book.   Perrin may be looking for the dagger to cure Loial or to take him to a stedding, or just to save the horn.
3. Hurin will be combined with Elyas, brought by Ingtar as a tracker for the Horn.  Fewer superpowers to explain, and gives Perrin the training he needs.
4. They will be introducing the Aiel earlier to set up for S3 (The Shadow Reborn), using Gaul's interaction with Perrin (possibly replacing Gaul with Aviendha) to introduce them and setting up that important character in a different way than she introduced in Dragon Reborn.
5. They will probably split up the hero moments in the finale like they did in S1, giving Mat the hero moment of blowing the Horn and Perrin the hero moment of fighting High Lord Turok. (Rand fights Ishy, girls escape on their own).  Perrin and Mat were downplayed badly previous season for a number of reasons, and they need to make up for it to keep it balanced between all the heroes, which I think is their goal.

Cutting out Elias was a bad idea, IMHO.  He was the only character that really gave Perrin anything to do.  He didn't do much in the EOTW, and now he's all emo for most of the season because they chose to fridge his wife.

11 hours ago, Dagon Thyne said:

Cutting out Elias was a bad idea, IMHO.  He was the only character that really gave Perrin anything to do.  He didn't do much in the EOTW, and now he's all emo for most of the season because they chose to fridge his wife.

They have a limit on the number of new characters people can keep track of each season I think. That's why I believe they delay introductions.  Elyas in S1 would require introducing the new character, as well as a bunch of wolfbrother lore, and limit the period of time that Perrin can be confused about his power, taking away one of his 'things' in S1.  Hopefully it is done well S2, removing a character (Hurin) and an unnecessary magic system (sniffing), giving Perrin the training, and have someone to work through the questions from S1 that Perrin carries into S2....his guilt about his wife, the Way of the Leaf vs. being a man of violence, and so on.  I think that Perrin will have a lot of anger as well as his guilt in S2 that he will have to work through.  He hopefully will get to a bit better place for the end of S2, ready to meet Faile in S3.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:16 PM, WhiteVeils said:

His role in The Great Hunt isn't huge. It's bigger in Dragon Reborn. I guess it depends on which plot he goes on. I personally hope he's in Mat's plot.

One nice thing about compressing 14 books into 8 seasons - dead-time for main characters can reduced/eliminated.

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, nsmallw said:

Anyone heard any rumors etc about a Season Two release date?

Nothing definitive, but April/May is increasingly likely. Carnival Row season 2 will air in Feb/Mar, also on Amazon, and Amazon won't put another fantasy show against it. Dec/Jan is too early. We would already have seen promo material then. Jun/Jul is not a good time, and any date after that is way too late. That leaves only Apr/May.

On 12/27/2021 at 2:37 PM, Sabio said:

Not to mention Rand has done no sword training at all, so he would get beat bad if he tried to fight Turak again.

I always thought Rand's beating of Turak was flawed in TGH as it was. No way he could win fairly.  I always thought it would have been best if he used the power to win the fight and feeling guilty for it with Lan counselling him through/over it.

1 hour ago, Cipher said:

I always thought Rand's beating of Turak was flawed in TGH as it was. No way he could win fairly.  I always thought it would have been best if he used the power to win the fight and feeling guilty for it with Lan counselling him through/over it.

Seemed like Turak didn't know the Void/Oneness. It's such a "cheat" if only the other uses it. It's not like Rand mastered the sword in just a few weeks of training with Lan unless the flickerflicker lives gave him knowledge and muscle memory.