DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

51 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

User in Dusty Wheel Discord completed an online survey of TV series and was given this in the end. It's not official but seems very plausible.

Edit. It's a short "synopsis" of season 2.

Hide contents

unknown-1.thumb.jpg.a2773bce5001a61497a95a0d827e36f2.jpg

Hmmm.  So they are not giving us Falme and Tear in the same season.

Cool. I didn't think they could give us Falme and Tear in the same season.

So...thoughts.

Spoiler

Rand goes to Falme with Selene, maybe after something happens in Cahrien.  That is what attracts Padan Fain to Falme with the Horn maybe? Maybe he's there when it's attacked?  With this, I think his temptations towards darkness happen early with Selene trying to encourage him to use his magic more and more?

Perrin heads there going after the Horn (I'm still sure that will happen).  I'm sure we'll get Elyas this season, but given this, we may get seeing the wolfbrother bound before we get Elyas?  We'll probably get both this season.

Egwene is getting captured and sent to Falme this season, I'm pretty sure. Nynaeve deals with/encounters her block, at least, and may end up making things worse with her temper.

I think they won't have Mat confronting too much of his darkness this season because he did it last season...I still think we get a functional amount of healing early on in the season.  He may confront his /death/, though, and what he's going to do about it. 

I hope we get more Mat and Perrin even if they're not mentioned directly.

1 hour ago, EmreY said:

Hmmm.  So they are not giving us Falme and Tear in the same season.

I can see them taking ship from Falme at the end of Season 2, arriving in Tear at the start of season 3, and heading straight for Callandor. The important plot points from the tDR pre-Tear get spread across season 2 on the various journeys to Falme.

My full prediction is earlier in the thread, but in general, I think at the end of Season 2 we're headed into book 4.

Book 2 shows a cross country journey leading to a fight between Rand and Ishamael.  Book 3 shows a cross country journey leading to a fight between Rand an Ishamael from someone else's PoV.

Edited by KakitaOCU

4 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

My full prediction is earlier in the thread, but in general, I think at the end of Season 2 we're headed into book 4.

Book 2 shows a cross country journey leading to a fight between Rand and Ishamael.  Book 3 shows a cross country journey leading to a fight between Rand an Ishamael from someone else's PoV.

Rafe has already said there's a major death at the end of Season 3. So that will either correspond to the mid-book 4 death; or less likely, the one from the end of book 5 or a B plot drop death that doesn't happen in the books.  My bet is that it's strange fruit, and not out through the in door. Which makes most of Season 3 parts of book 3, and most of book 4. 

There's also just too damn much that needs to happen in season 2 to get all the way to the Aiel in Tear in 8 episodes - Perrin's wolf journey, the Wonder Girls training, Mat in TV, with the AS, and going after the girls, Falme, whatever they add to Moiraine, Rand / Selene, Cairhien.  And the Wonder Girls plot needs a lot of time duration, especially if they intend dropping them returning to the Tower after Falme. You need to feel them in training, the same way you did Arya as a Faceless Man.

5 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Rafe has already said there's a major death at the end of Season 3. So that will either correspond to the mid-book 4 death; or less likely, the one from the end of book 5 or a B plot drop death that doesn't happen in the books.  My bet is that it's strange fruit, and not out through the in door. Which makes most of Season 3 parts of book 3, and most of book 4. 

There's also just too damn much that needs to happen in season 2 to get all the way to the Aiel in Tear in 8 episodes - Perrin's wolf journey, the Wonder Girls training, Mat in TV, with the AS, and going after the girls, Falme, whatever they add to Moiraine, Rand / Selene, Cairhien.  And the Wonder Girls plot needs a lot of time duration, especially if they intend dropping them returning to the Tower after Falme. You need to feel them in training, the same way you did Arya as a Faceless Man.

What training do they need? They already surpass every Aes Sedai…Oh unless they are the ones doing the training! 

Truth is they will likely cut the whole training part aside from a token scene or three.

21 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

There's also just too damn much that needs to happen in season 2 to get all the way to the Aiel in Tear in 8 episodes

If we were trying to run the entire plot in order, yeah.  I don't think they will.  Reposting my earlier so people don't have to dig.

Elayne Nynaeve and Egwene end up in the Tower for training, get some guidance from Alannna.  Liandrin takes on Elaida's role, overthrows Siuan, then sends some BA to do murders and "Flee".  Liandrin then sends the super girls after them straight into a trap where they are captured by the Seanchan.  Min meanwhile helps Logain, Siuan and Leanne escape.   

Moraine and Lan go to find a way to unravel her shield, seeking out Verrin who is a renowned brown scholar in retirement.   Not sure how her full plot goes.  But ends with her removing the shield and setting out for Tear.

Perrin leads the Hunt for the Horn which Fain doesn't take to Falme but to Tear instead.  His group adds a new member, Elyas, who is known to the Borderlanders as a "Sniffer".

Rand does his book 3 plotline, going to Tear to claim Callandor.    

Matt is messed with by the Reds which adds to the holes in his memory and his distrust of Aes Sedai, he meets up with Thom and has mostly his book 3 adventure, except the girls aren't in Tear, they're in Falme.  He rescues them from the Seanchan...

Who are marching on Tear, having spent less time consolidating and more time pushing they have swept through Illian (I don't think Sammael matters in this telling).  Tear, hating channeling, allies with the Seanchan and invite them into the Stone right before Rand, Perrin's Group, Mat and Moraine arrive.

The end of TDR happens except instead of Aiel vs Stone Defenders it's Aiel vs Seanchan.  Mat blows the horn.

At the end the Seanchan are pushed back out of Tear entirely and forced to retreat into Illian.  Rand has the Sword that is not a Sword.

Cliffhanger has Fain arriving at the Two Rivers again and maybe the Seanchan deciding to pull all the way back to Falme on orders of the Nine Moons.

39 minutes ago, Raal Gurniss said:

What training do they need? They already surpass every Aes Sedai…Oh unless they are the ones doing the training! 

Truth is they will likely cut the whole training part aside from a token scene or three.

Wait, what?  But, but but what about all the spanking scenes and the foreshadowing for Egwene and Silviana?  They can't just cut those...

25 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

If we were trying to run the entire plot in order, yeah.  I don't think they will.  Reposting my earlier so people don't have to dig.

Elayne Nynaeve and Egwene end up in the Tower for training, get some guidance from Alannna.  Liandrin takes on Elaida's role, overthrows Siuan, then sends some BA to do murders and "Flee".  Liandrin then sends the super girls after them straight into a trap where they are captured by the Seanchan.  Min meanwhile helps Logain, Siuan and Leanne escape.   

Moraine and Lan go to find a way to unravel her shield, seeking out Verrin who is a renowned brown scholar in retirement.   Not sure how her full plot goes.  But ends with her removing the shield and setting out for Tear.

Perrin leads the Hunt for the Horn which Fain doesn't take to Falme but to Tear instead.  His group adds a new member, Elyas, who is known to the Borderlanders as a "Sniffer".

Rand does his book 3 plotline, going to Tear to claim Callandor.    

Matt is messed with by the Reds which adds to the holes in his memory and his distrust of Aes Sedai, he meets up with Thom and has mostly his book 3 adventure, except the girls aren't in Tear, they're in Falme.  He rescues them from the Seanchan...

Who are marching on Tear, having spent less time consolidating and more time pushing they have swept through Illian (I don't think Sammael matters in this telling).  Tear, hating channeling, allies with the Seanchan and invite them into the Stone right before Rand, Perrin's Group, Mat and Moraine arrive.

The end of TDR happens except instead of Aiel vs Stone Defenders it's Aiel vs Seanchan.  Mat blows the horn.

At the end the Seanchan are pushed back out of Tear entirely and forced to retreat into Illian.  Rand has the Sword that is not a Sword.

Cliffhanger has Fain arriving at the Two Rivers again and maybe the Seanchan deciding to pull all the way back to Falme on orders of the Nine Moons.

I don't think Liandrin takes over for Elaida; Siuan needs an enemy inside the tower and the WG's need one outside; Liandrin can't be in two places at once.

I really don't think the Seanchan reach Tear and Falme at the same time, Tear is a lot farther than they ever reached in the book, and Tear was known to them as the first fortress after the breaking. And with the Mountains of Mist in the way, no one is marching from Tear to Falme, so they arrive by ship. Plotwise, our heroes are in no way ready to deal with the Seanchan, and if they hold from Falme to Tear, it's already over - the Seanchan will fight the DO.  It also would make bad tactical sense to attack one of the big 4 cities directly. Until they take Amador and sail into Ebou Dar, no one really knows what's going on west of the mountains.  If they hit Tear, how they fight, how many there are, their military approach and capabilities - all fly as fast as wings allow

You can't have the Aiel vs the Seanchan for Rand, because Rand hasn't gone to Rhuidean yet.  Tear allying with the Seanchan - or surrendering to them - is a non-starter.

I just can't see it happening this way. I can see Illian and Tear getting dropped as major locations (Sammael has a statue, so he's here), but can't see the Seanchan being major players until Season 5 or so.

9 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I don't think Liandrin takes over for Elaida; Siuan needs an enemy inside the tower and the WG's need one outside; Liandrin can't be in two places at once.

I'm a-ok with that, I pitched the combined base on paying two solid actresses vs one, nothing more.  Though if the combination did happen then we introduce one of the other blacks as a villain for the SG.  After all, I don't believe they ever directly confront Liandrin after book 2 anyway.

10 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I really don't think the Seanchan reach Tear and Falme at the same time, Tear is a lot farther than they ever reached in the book, and Tear was known to them as the first fortress after the breaking. And with the Mountains of Mist in the way, no one is marching from Tear to Falme, so they arrive by ship. Plotwise, our heroes are in no way ready to deal with the Seanchan, and if they hold from Falme to Tear, it's already over - the Seanchan will fight the DO.

They only lost Illian because Rand was there to fight them.  Come earlier and it's done.  If Rand pushes them back out of Tyr and kills Turak, Tuon comes in and consolidates what they have.  Caemlyn run by Morgase or Rahvin could hold the Seanchan back short term.

12 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

You can't have the Aiel vs the Seanchan for Rand, because Rand hasn't gone to Rhuidean yet.  Tear allying with the Seanchan - or surrendering to them - is a non-starter.

The Aiel fought for Rand at Tear before Rhuidean in the books, not sure of the point you're after?  Also not sure how Tear allying with Seanchan is a non starter?

13 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I just can't see it happening this way. I can see Illian and Tear getting dropped as major locations (Sammael has a statue, so he's here), but can't see the Seanchan being major players until Season 5 or so.

We've established Tear, so I think we see that, definately could drop Illian.  Rahvin could be rolled into Sammael and he takes Caemlyn, or Illian could stay.  

I'm not really calling full prediction, just throwing out a single narrative that would combine books 2 and 3.  There's flaws in it, but they can be worked around.  And there's likely a dozen other ways to write it that I haven't thought of.

4 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

I'm a-ok with that, I pitched the combined base on paying two solid actresses vs one, nothing more.  Though if the combination did happen then we introduce one of the other blacks as a villain for the SG.  After all, I don't believe they ever directly confront Liandrin after book 2 anyway.

They only lost Illian because Rand was there to fight them.  Come earlier and it's done.  If Rand pushes them back out of Tyr and kills Turak, Tuon comes in and consolidates what they have.  Caemlyn run by Morgase or Rahvin could hold the Seanchan back short term.

The Aiel fought for Rand at Tear before Rhuidean in the books, not sure of the point you're after?  Also not sure how Tear allying with Seanchan is a non starter?

We've established Tear, so I think we see that, definately could drop Illian.  Rahvin could be rolled into Sammael and he takes Caemlyn, or Illian could stay.  

I'm not really calling full prediction, just throwing out a single narrative that would combine books 2 and 3.  There's flaws in it, but they can be worked around.  And there's likely a dozen other ways to write it that I haven't thought of.

Except that the Seanchan need time to consolidate the lands they've taken and get people to swear the oaths to raise an army; 4/5 in the battle with Rand weren't Seanchan. They were people from Altara and Amadicia who had sworn the oaths.  And for all the lovely boats, there's not enough Seanchan in the Return to land and take Tear directly.

There would be a big difference between the number of Aiel who took the Stone (and I don't think they fought for Rand before it fell, but only after he held Callandor in recognition of prophecy) and the army required to repel the Seanchan and their Damane.

I think Rahvin gets dropped; I'm almost sure Morgase gets dropped.  But the forsaken aren't fighting the Seanchan in Camelyn. And that's part of my point - if they hold Tear, they're up the river by ship, and hold every major city except TV and Cairhien.

2 hours ago, Lethira the second said:

Wait, what?  But, but but what about all the spanking scenes and the foreshadowing for Egwene and Silviana?  They can't just cut those...

Can’t see that fitting the Rafe agenda in all seriousness……So more likely that there will be something like a “3 months later” scene(probably the opening for season 2 after another awful Moraine monologue)where the women just have a ceremony where they get their certification(rings) that they are trained, might make some occasional bare reference during the season, perhaps an occasional flashback to a lesson or something….Can’t see a Hogwarts style half dozen episodes happening….

Rafe has a lot to cram into season 2 so expect 90% cuts to the next 2-3 books worth of material.

I expect they'll still follow TGH fairly closely, though cutting as much as they cut from EOTW, probably most of the tower training. That'll cause a lot of "Mary Sue" angst, but the reality is they only train a few months in the books anyway, and some sisters train for decades to become full sisters. Just cut it to some sisters train for years, and the wonder girls only need weeks, and you have basically the same dynamic with naturally talented, extremely fast learners. Season 3 will get the entire Tear subplot. The early parts of TDR where they're just sitting around the mountains waiting gets the axe. Wherever it is like halfway through TSR when Rand leaves for the Waste is probably where the season ends. Then season 4 is the rest of that book and FOH. Season 5 ends at Dumai's Wells but covers basically all of LOC and COS, with Sammael/Rahvin combined into one character who is defeated at Caemlyn. They never bother taking or caring about Illian. I can see the entire heal the weather subplot being cut, with some other means of discovering the kin and Mat being in Ebou Dar when the Seanchan show up happening instead. Season 6 covers most of the next four books, with no Faile kidnapping, no prophet, Elayne's succession lasting an episode or two, possibly no path of daggers and probably no Dashiva assassination subplot, and ending with the cleansing of saidin. Season 7 is making peace with the Seanchan and the tower coming back together, and season 8 covers putting everyone in place for the last battle and then fighting it.

Or, in other words, the first 6 books stay mostly intact with the first halves where barely anything happens being glossed over but the meat of the plot staying, then the last 8 books get severely compressed and cut like crazy, losing most of the subplots that aren't completely necessary for the endgame to make sense.

2 minutes ago, Gothic Flame said:

Season one was a coming of age story for a group of 20 somethings?

I realise it's splitting hairs, but I think of EoTW as more a loss of innocence than coming of age.  Moving from a simple fairly conservative village into the wide world.  Of course, we didn't really get that either from the series.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:25 AM, Lethira the second said:

but I think of EoTW as more a loss of innocence than coming of age.  Moving from a simple fairly conservative village into the wide world.  Of course, we didn't really get that either from the series

Was going to say...nothing about their village talked about innocence or a conservative village. So what is shown in tbst blurb above is grade a bull to begin with.

On 1/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, DaddyFinn said:

User in Dusty Wheel Discord completed an online survey of TV series and was given this in the end. It's not official but seems very plausible.

Edit. It's a short "synopsis" of season 2.

Reveal hidden contents

unknown-1.thumb.jpg.a2773bce5001a61497a95a0d827e36f2.jpg

So Rand just coincidentally happens to travel the entire length of the Westlands and end up in the same city where everything else happens in? I hope it plays better than that in the show ?

4 minutes ago, SingleMort said:

So Rand just coincidentally happens to travel the entire length of the Westlands and end up in the same city where everything else happens in? I hope it plays better than that in the show ?

The Pattern works in mysterious ways. We don't know what will push Rand to Falme. We also don't know how accurate and trustworthy that "synopsis" is.

2 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

The Pattern works in mysterious ways. We don't know what will push Rand to Falme. We also don't know how accurate and trustworthy that "synopsis" is.

I guess. TBH I'm still pretty sure the season is going to be a mashup of books 2 and 3. I mean with Rand doing his solo wandering you can't really do that again next season so at the very least that will be from book 3 unless he just teleports to Falme (I hope that doesn't happen because it's so far away) 

1 minute ago, SingleMort said:

I guess. TBH I'm still pretty sure the season is going to be a mashup of books 2 and 3. I mean with Rand doing his solo wandering you can't really do that again next season so at the very least that will be from book 3 unless he just teleports to Falme (I hope that doesn't happen because it's so far away) 

It's OK, I have a plan -take notes showrunners.  We could get Mat to nick Moiraines sexy time picture for him and use it to transport himself to a far off location.  

1 hour ago, SingleMort said:

Teleporting is how they get there in tGH...