DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

a NEW Casting Thread (let's keep it nice)

imlad

On 1/30/2020 at 11:57 PM, Vincent Vinchova said:

Okay it’s finally come to me. 
Galad: Gavin Drea

A8BF66FA-974A-4205-9FAC-3AE335916E94.jpeg

I'm straight, but I'll concede he's rather pretty.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:56 AM, redgiant said:

I will say Ruth Wilson is wonderful as a clever, witty, dangerous baddie in Luther.

I thought she would play a Liandrin or Elaida very well.

She's scary in Luther and His Dark Materials. She'd make a great baddie, that's for sure, if she was available, but it appears she'll be tied up with HDM for a couple years. So I'm settling on my original Elaida pick of Maria Doyle Kennedy (who many are thinking is either Verin or Siuan for some reason, despite not being anything like either of them in any way, whether in looks or roles played -- besides, Siuan is about the same age as Moiraine, and Kennedy's a fair bit older than Pike).

If they picked her then, it would have to be Verin because despite one almost being queen of Cairhien(wouldn't be a great mirror world story) the other dirt poor, I'm fair Suian and Moiraine are the same age.

I haven't listened to New Spring in a while but isn't Elaida only a little older than those two?

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mistborn82 said:

@Effeteisn't she too old for Faile.

Maybe. But films have been casting people 10+ years older than the person they're portraying for decades. Why make a stink over it now?

How about Sean Bean because if you need someone killed in a fantasy series, he's your man.

Yes!

Besides, I wouldn't waste Malcolm's talent on a throwaway role. Be'lal literally dies like a bitch. Famous last words: "No..."

I can see Malcolm as Thom Merrilin, though.

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 4:01 AM, Effete said:
How about Sean Bean because if you need someone killed in a fantasy series, he's your man.

Yes!

Besides, I wouldn't waste Malcolm's talent on a throwaway role. Be'lal literally dies like a bitch. Famous last words: "No..."

I can see Malcolm as Thom Merrilin, though.

Come on guys, while Sean Bean's characters do get killed often in fantasy series, he's still too good of an actor to put in a throwaway role.

Honestly, I think he could be a great Ishamael/Moridin, but I think that role has already been cast.

I don't know about fancasting, but there are a lot of actors tied to the show without confirmed roles that I'm personally very curious about. There's also one with a new name I can't wrap my head around.  Source Narg

Danya - Naana Agyei Ampadu 

- she was at the table reading for episodes 1 (Leavetaking) and episode 2 (The Shadow's Waiting)

- My guess is she's a member of the Black Ajah attending the darkfriend social, and under an alias similar to Bors, and that's why she has only the first name. 

Unknown role - Maria Doyle Kennedy 

- She was at the table reading for episode 5 (Blood Calls Blood) and episode 6 (The Amyrlin Seat)

- I'm going for Verin. She feels too young and too thin, but fits the character more than say, Siuan. I wouldn't be mad either way.

Unknown role - Daryl McCormack

- He is going to be in for 3 episodes per a Deadline article. He was there for the episodes 5/6 table read. 

- My guess is a young Dain Bornhald or Aram. Look 

Unknown role - Lolita Chakrabarti

- Table read for episodes 1/2 

- Looks a lot like the actress playing Egwene, so she could be Marin al'Vere 

Unknown role - Stuart Graham

- My guess is Geofram Bornhald. 

Unknown Role - Pasha Bocarie

- He was filming for WoT sometime around late November. 

- I'm feeling Gareth Bryne personally.

Unkown Role - Michael Tuahine

- Table read for episode 1/2

- Physically he looks closer to Ishamael, but the actor's ethnicity (same one as the actress for Egwene) makes me think he's Master al'Vere.

Unkown Role - Kate Franz

- She arrived for the episode 5/6 block filming. 

- My guess is a small part. Maybe a novice at the white tower with the girls. Otherwise, she seems in the right age range for Min.  

Edited by Carebear Sedai

On 6/23/2020 at 8:48 AM, Carebear Sedai said:

I don't know about fancasting, but there are a lot of actors tied to the show without confirmed roles that I'm personally very curious about. There's also one with a new name I can't wrap my head around.  Source Narg

Danya - Naana Agyei Ampadu 

- she was at the table reading for episodes 1 (Leavetaking) and episode 2 (The Shadow's Waiting)

- My guess is she's a member of the Black Ajah attending the darkfriend social, and under an alias similar to Bors, and that's why she has only the first name. 

Unknown role - Maria Doyle Kennedy 

- She was at the table reading for episode 5 (Blood Calls Blood) and episode 6 (The Amyrlin Seat)

- I'm going for Verin. She feels too young and too thin, but fits the character more than say, Siuan. I wouldn't be mad either way.

Unknown role - Daryl McCormack

- He is going to be in for 3 episodes per a Deadline article. He was there for the episodes 5/6 table read. 

- My guess is a young Dain Bornhald or Aram. Look 

Unknown role - Lolita Chakrabarti

- Table read for episodes 1/2 

- Looks a lot like the actress playing Egwene, so she could be Marin al'Vere 

Unknown role - Stuart Graham

- My guess is Geofram Bornhald. 

Unknown Role - Pasha Bocarie

- He was filming for WoT sometime around late November. 

- I'm feeling Gareth Bryne personally.

Unkown Role - Michael Tuahine

- Table read for episode 1/2

- Physically he looks closer to Ishamael, but the actor's ethnicity (same one as the actress for Egwene) makes me think he's Master al'Vere.

Unkown Role - Kate Franz

- She arrived for the episode 5/6 block filming. 

- My guess is a small part. Maybe a novice at the white tower with the girls. Otherwise, she seems in the right age range for Min.  

Some conformations out

Lolita Chakrabati is Marin Al’vere

Michael Tuahine is Bran Al’vere

Mandy Symonds is Daise Congar

Julia Howland is Nati Cauthon

Christopher Sciueref is Abel Cauthon 

Tuahine is also of Indigenous Australian descent so they have been consistent with this casting.

Edit, How could i miss Cenn Buie being played by David Sterne.

Edited by Harldin

Yeah, could be Someshta.  Though again, if it's a code name, why the code for just the one character?  That's weird.

I refuse to believe they're introducing a new character named Steve.  I could see Seve, or Stven, or even S'teve, but Steve?  That's hardly a Wheel of Time sounding name.

I think when audition tapes were leaked, the character names were Nadie (Nynaeve), Eliza (Egwene) and Phineas (Padain Fain). So all characters who were cast had a code. The site that leaked these latest castings probably just had access to the casting database in which only the code for 'Steve' was available in the spreadsheet or something. 

Edited by RDY

That was months ago, though.  Back when we only knew there was going to be a show, and it was barely confirmed that they even were casting yet.  And those were for main or central characters, where it made sense to keep things relatively secret so they could release the full main cast in a media hype announcement all at once.  I don't recall anybody announcing that, for example, Priyanka Bose had been cast under the name "Amanda," only for it to later be revealed that it was Alanna.

And even with just this last cast announcement, why is Steve still a code-name, when Marin and Cenn aren't?

Am i the only one who thinks we could have our Siuan Sance in Izuka Hoyle? I could buy the kid rumored to be cast as the young Siuan as a younger version of her.

The article on Redanian Intelligence writes that Izuka is cast as "Dana" which they took as being Dena but that doesn't have to be the case.

Link to article

Edit: thinking abit more about it she's probably to young (24) for the Siuan part.

Edited by dr-nix

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 3:35 AM, imlad said:

A casting idea that has just occurred to me (while watching The Magicians) that I wish could happen, but probably can't (since she's involved in the above show, assuming she doesn't exit at the end of this current season) is Stella Maeve for Faile.

I liked her for Elayne. 

And what about Natalie Dormer for Selene/Lanfear?