DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Mafia Game Over] Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - Mafia Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

Safe those jokes for the Night, Chuckles. The deadline is approaching and I haven't even heard what some of the players think about the current cases. For some reason DM is almost dead during the weekend so we better use the little time we have remaining as best as we can.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright Dap, read your summarization. (thought it was a failed quotation with the intent of only replying to the last post in the quote)

First thing I'm going to say is, I realise that I was getting stuck on the whole exclamation thing.

Second, I had a VERY hard time following Talya's reasoning. First of all I could barely understand what she wrote as it felt like she cut sentances in half, used completly wrong words or generally seemed really flimsy.

She blames RL (reallife). I think it's a crappy reason. I bet everyone has busy lives, but that's not a reason to be this unconsistant and really reallly realllllly hard to understand.

Third, I don't like how she seems to always be "on the fence" so to spea k. Like when defending/attacking Rand. In one sentance she both attacks him saying "how he tries to make himself look town if Ed gets lynched and proven mafia" then she defends him saying that it probably was a failed ?townie move?.

This all seems like a failed attempt at defending a teammate.

Generally, you want to declare your suspicion of the person, whilst slowly making the case against him/her seem unlogical.

It felt like the slow part went far to fast.

Something else that made me think was, Talya berated Dice for soft-claiming, then she goes on to say how only scum would try to put more pressure on a person to get their role (atleast that's what I'm assuming she meant, because what she actually wrote made no sence) AND THEN she says "I'm not sure whether I want to take my vote off or leave it there for another silly move!

WHAT?!

I still don't like the lurkers. Either they're being really lazy (which is not helping town), or they're lurking scum.

Problem is, I don't think we're on the stage were we can pressure lurkers by voting them, it seems better to deal with the elephant in the room.

Unvote, Vote Talya

I go for who i think is mafia. Im not mafia is not a defense. You dont have to say things but you should expect to have your reasons ready if you are called on it. You might think its pointless but in my experience beatibg.the grass from early on can get many a snake to appear. I think the most telling thing about players is how they react to pressure. Peoples defense usually shows what their true colours are.

The fact is your defense is lacking and hollow, to me that shows your game is hollow, a fake if you will. It leads me to.think you are mafia

its a tactic that has served me well and bagged mafia many times. I make no apologies for that.

I too have found darthe off. Ive mentioned it as well. Its a small part, but a part of that case which you only paid attention to the stuff about you

ill be fairly busy all day tomorrow as well but that just means ill be around like a normal persons levels lol. But ill make sure to make anything i aim at you clear for your catch.up read Talya. But you should be reading everything.anyway

im ptetty dam sure youre mafia anyway, so i dont think there will be much more i need to add

i havent voted yet dap

and peace can you tell us how to bloody stop your PR or not?

I'm guessing if it's caused by some sort of trigger, it will either end with the phase or continue to daybreak. That's assuming he isn't faking. I'm assuming that the PR isn't part of his character because it doesn't match anyone in the movie, and it wasn't something he started the game with. He was posting normally at the beginning.

Ok, dice. I know I remember him soft claiming -something- in the hobbit game, I don't remember if it was just "I'm gonna have to go but I'll claim when I come back" or something else, and I don't have the time to go hunting. I just know that I've seen this "I've got a few votes and have to leave for awhile, so I'll hint and leave you guys hanging and stall the game until I get back" at least once from him, my memory keeps insisting it's two but what the other game was I have no clue. So let's disregard that. I think I was confusing memories re:claiming PR and either being vanilla and/or mafia, so my apologies for muddling things with that.

That said: I still don't like the fake claiming, and yeah I'm gonna keep pushing until he actually get's something out. Because right now, everyone seems content to just let him stay quiet and move off the train. I'm not convinced of his town-ness and think it's a ploy to make you all do what you're doing now: Backing off and letting him be, earning him a bit of townie cred and making others forget about him.

Ok, dice. I know I remember him soft claiming -something- in the hobbit game, I don't remember if it was just "I'm gonna have to go but I'll claim when I come back" or something else, and I don't have the time to go hunting. I just know that I've seen this "I've got a few votes and have to leave for awhile, so I'll hint and leave you guys hanging and stall the game until I get back" at least once from him, my memory keeps insisting it's two but what the other game was I have no clue. So let's disregard that. I think I was confusing memories re:claiming PR and either being vanilla and/or mafia, so my apologies for muddling things with that.

That said: I still don't like the fake claiming, and yeah I'm gonna keep pushing until he actually get's something out. Because right now, everyone seems content to just let him stay quiet and move off the train. I'm not convinced of his town-ness and think it's a ploy to make you all do what you're doing now: Backing off and letting him be, earning him a bit of townie cred and making others forget about him.

Bloody brilliant that bloody statement is right there.   Worth a bloody look imo.

i cant see if your being sarcastic or not peace, nor can i understand why thats worth a look?

In no bloody way was I being bloody sarcastic. 

I hadn't bloody thought of it before but that is a bloody good stall tactic Mish pointed out.

I

I go for who i think is mafia. Im not mafia is not a defense. You don't have to say things but you should expect to have your reasons ready if you are called on it. You might think its pointless but in my experience beatibg.the grass from early on can get many a snake to appear. - That is exactly what I said! I just don't go round telling people I am doing it at the time! a bit like a copper telling the scroats , that he has a warrant for their house to search for stolen goods before he actually does it!  I think the most telling thing about players is how they react to pressure. Peoples defence usually shows what their true colours are. People react differently not only depending on what they are but what is also going on in their lives, what mood they are in etc. But do tell us, how you know how I react to things, how that is a tell for me, because I know it isn't! 
The fact is your defense is lacking and hollow, to me that shows your game is hollow, a fake if you will. It leads me to.think you are mafia - You don't like my defence, sorry what did you want me to say, I'll say that instead /SARCASM!!!
its a tactic that has served me well and bagged mafia many times. I make no apologies for that. Well you will be disappointed this time and it goes to show how off this tactic will be!

I too have found darthe off. Ive mentioned it as well. Its a small part, but a part of that case which you only paid attention to the stuff about you - becasue if i hadn't you would have used that against me as well...can't win! Plus, sorry I'm not as quick as you as picking things up, but it was Darthes post earlier, that brought it too mind, that he had been like that throughout the game, and I didn't think he always played like that (although I have only played a few games with him). I don't answer or talk about every point a person makes, I would be here all day doing that for everyone on here. So your ego really shouldn't be so hurt!

ill be fairly busy all day tomorrow as well but that just means ill be around like a normal persons levels lol. But ill make sure to make anything i aim at you clear for your catch.up read Talya. But you should be reading everything.anyway
 - i'm on here, didn't think i would be, but I got somethings done quicker than I thought! but very knackered and still have more to do!
im ptetty dam sure youre mafia anyway, so i dont think there will be much more i need to add - Already said stuff

She also said she would remove her vote when she thought he wasnt a good lynch. This was after his soft.claim and her calling others out for pressuring him - yeah, when I felt we I had got some information and when he was getting too close to a lynch, I could have let it go to L-1 and he would have revealed (if he had a role) but I didn't want that to happen, I wasn't sure if I was going to be back on to day and didn't want that vote count going up. 6 is a pretty good train. 

To be honest, people aren't really saying too much about anything. The Dice vote has proved to bring people out of the woodworm to jump on trains without too much thought and use stuff that others have used. There are a lot in this game who are saying nothing, or make an odd comment. I would like to see some though of their own, though like Arez I'm sure more will come in and jump on my vote because they don't have to put any of their own thoughts. I really don't like that kind of game play. 

Look at them closely!

I don't like dice, but I don't feel like he's scum. Its starting to look like he might really be our only lynch candidate today though.

Personally, i'm going to VOTE RAND. He's kind of bugging me.

there has been a lot between me and Player and yet you have nothing to say about that! just going with Rand because he is bugging you? So do you think he is scum and what is actually bugging you about him? 

Official Vote Count:

Mish - 1 (Tiink)

Rey - 1 (Eddie)

Eddie - 2 (Rey, Darthe)

Ley - 2 (Basel, Peace)

Talya - 3 (Dice, Rand, Arez)

Dice - 4 (Mish, RTE, Len, Cloud)

Rand - 1 (Maw)

Currently not voting - 10 (Chuckles, Roo, Hallia, Player, Ishy, Time, Song, Kae, Ley, Talya)

With 24 alive it takes 10 to Lynch

The current Deadline is 9pm GMT Monday 4th March

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130304T21&p0=136&msg=End+of+Day+1

Alright Dap, read your summarization. (thought it was a failed quotation with the intent of only replying to the last post in the quote)

First thing I'm going to say is, I realise that I was getting stuck on the whole exclamation thing.

Second, I had a VERY hard time following Talya's reasoning. First of all I could barely understand what she wrote as it felt like she cut sentances in half, used completly wrong words or generally seemed really flimsy. - Please provide evidence to this - then I can actually respond, or are you just parroting player!?

She blames RL (reallife) (no I didn't I said it is busy and I can't always write long posts, not blaming it on not playing or posting. I think it's a crappy reason. I bet everyone has busy lives, but that's not a reason to be this unconsistant and really reallly realllllly hard to understand. - maybe you should check your spelling and writing because it isn't that good neither, does that make you mafia because of it?

Third, I don't like how she seems to always be "on the fence" so to spea k. Like when defending/attacking Rand. In one sentance she both attacks him saying "how he tries to make himself look town if Ed gets lynched and proven mafia" then she defends him saying that it probably was a failed ?townie move?. - Because at the end of day I have no idea who is mafia who isn't so how can I be sure, it's day one and I'm still looking at things. But as I said I wasn't defending Rand, I actually thought it was badly done by him and worth a note! 

Generally, you want to declare your suspicion of the person, whilst slowly making the case against him/her seem unlogical.

It felt like the slow part went far to fast. - Sorry...what is this about I don't understand it so you must be Mafia? /sarcasm seriously though I don't know what this is about

Something else that made me think was, Talya berated Dice for soft-claiming, then she goes on to say how only scum would try to put more pressure on a person to get their role (atleast that's what I'm assuming she meant, because what she actually wrote made no sence) AND THEN she says "I'm not sure whether I want to take my vote off or leave it there for another silly move!

WHAT?!

I still don't like the lurkers. Either they're being really lazy (which is not helping town), or they're lurking scum.

Problem is, I don't think we're on the stage were we can pressure lurkers by voting them, it seems better to deal with the elephant in the room. - Instead lets go for those that are actually active and so it will kill the game and the mafia can go on to win! - although I have to say that those that are active are the ones you are more likely to get info on further down the line, which is a shame because mafia can easily hide. I wish people played and were active it would make a much better game!

Unvote, Vote Talya

Bloody brilliant that bloody statement is right there.   Worth a bloody look imo.

And then he came on here only after being called out for his inactively after saying. 

today is a half day for me, so when i get home in 2 hours, I shall post my list... i won't have good reads on about 4 people though, so after i post my list, im going to go back again and see if i can find anything that i might've missed...

Second, I had a VERY hard time following Talya's reasoning. First of all I could barely understand what she wrote as it felt like she cut sentances in half, used completly wrong words or generally seemed really flimsy. - Please provide evidence to this - then I can actually respond, or are you just parroting player!?

She blames RL (reallife) (no I didn't I said it is busy and I can't always write long posts, not blaming it on not playing or posting. I think it's a crappy reason. I bet everyone has busy lives, but that's not a reason to be this unconsistant and really reallly realllllly hard to understand. - maybe you should check your spelling and writing because it isn't that good neither, does that make you mafia because of it?

Third, I don't like how she seems to always be "on the fence" so to spea k. Like when defending/attacking Rand. In one sentance she both attacks him saying "how he tries to make himself look town if Ed gets lynched and proven mafia" then she defends him saying that it probably was a failed ?townie move?. - Because at the end of day I have no idea who is mafia who isn't so how can I be sure, it's day one and I'm still looking at things. But as I said I wasn't defending Rand, I actually thought it was badly done by him and worth a note! 

It felt like the slow part went far to fast. - Sorry...what is this about I don't understand it so you must be Mafia? /sarcasm seriously though I don't know what this is about

WHAT?!

Problem is, I don't think we're on the stage were we can pressure lurkers by voting them, it seems better to deal with the elephant in the room. - Instead lets go for those that are actually active and so it will kill the game and the mafia can go on to win! - although I have to say that those that are active are the ones you are more likely to get info on further down the line, which is a shame because mafia can easily hide. I wish people played and were active it would make a much better game!

Unvote, Vote Talya

Yeah, I'm pretty much "parroting" Dap in this case. After reading the summarization he put up, I came to the same conclusion. I see nothing wrong with that. I should point out that it is this post that I didn't understand. Otherwise I find nothing wrong with your english, wasn't meant as a personal attack against you. 

Fencing is never okey in mafia. You claim that you didn't defend him, but in the end, that was what you did. 

This was based on the premise that you defended Rand. To me, it seemed like you were defending Rand, but very poorly. I was explaining in what way I thought you were defending Rand.

I don't see how your lynch would end up killing the game. If anything, it'll make way to start pestering the lurkers. 

My proof? I had voted Kae before because she was and is still really really lurky. Did anyone react to it at all? No. Why? Because of this whole Rand/Talya/Dice thing.

So what needs to be done in order to get to the lurkers? Resolve the situation first.

Arez, you're terrible at this.

Dap, you're off on this one, Talya is town.

Cloud however isn't.  I encourage you all to read any string of his posts together and try to not lol at the severe scumz.

also, unvote vote cloud

I am guessing that we won't lynch Ed today.

Ill go back on the ipad and answer everything properly.

You people need to stop ignoring my cases cos i include the exclamation marks. Read the rest of it. Youll see that talya is scummy, very likely mafia. Shes now turning on cloud. The oerson Rand iriginally went for

Mish is pinging me more and morei

Can you then make a (new) case without the exclamation mark focused parts? Because I cannot really remember anything from early that had nothing to do with them, and with that last WoT I gave up reading when you messed up the colours somewhere. I just couldn't read it anymore.

Ley: Just kind of exists.

Funny thing is, that is how you feel to me too, even though I'd give it a different wording... Must be the bond.

Also, I think Arez indeed made a good point about Dice. (and about Talya too, but that was already clear to me)

And I'm not sure if both Mish and Cloud would be setting a Dice lynch up, but it's worth having a look at. Mostly of Mish I'm not sure, Cloud was indeed a bit opportunisitc, with the fifth vote (out of 10) so early and with so little going on. It's better to wait and gather some more information and then we'll see.

Is there any basis whatsoever for this symp speculation? Or is it all just conjecture from Dice, which I feel sows nothing but wifom and is unhelpful

You could always have read properly and see why we started talking about Symp...

>Awesome. Take things I say out of context and bend the words to make me look bad.

Its ok Dap, I expect it of you at this point.

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

Wow.  So much spam.  *Grabs hat* Lets get to work.

This is probably the most game related post in the entire game right now.  Ed looks eager to get this game started.  Looks like he is trying to seem town by starting the game up.  However not only that, but throughout this quote, he puts some weak FoSes, light FoSes, subliminal FoSes, and whatever you want to call it.  Seems more like he's stating things and saying they are a little bit scummy too much and is trying not to be called out for it.  So for these reasons, vote Eddie

Game. actually. started.

Bloody gets to work and doesn't bloody look like a getting things bloody started post.  Looks bloody real to me.

>>Damn everything what I wanted to say lost because Firefox crashed...

Oh whatever. There wasn't that much importance anyways.

Vote Maw

*creates a gateway to Hogwarts*

*grabs hat of Harry's head*

*looks in it* There must be a speaker somewhere, right?

Hm... Can't seem to find it. *creates gateway back*

I didn't know you always bloody voted May.  This started some bloody thinking on my bloody part though.

Bloody DM...I have just lost my whole post!!! :angry:

Anyway without the quotes...Basal... any time  :wink:

Ed - I'd balefire you if I didn't  me a want to play this game - calling sloth on!!! 

Maw - you are me favourite person ever for the SG1 thing...until some thing more shiny comes along.

At least the game is now getting going. Thought Rand jumping Ed was a bit quick. Did he expect him to have vast information after 11 pages of spam, at least he has got things going!

*grabs hat*

Gets the whole bloody thing started.

Alright, so Ed started FoSing people, but not really fosing them.

Rand called him out for that.

So far this seems a little dull, but what about Talya? Even though the game pretty obviously started, she keeps on spamming. Afaik, that's not helpful.

*Grabs hat*

I bloody agree.  Rand's post was a bloody real post he bloody later backed bloody down from.

To be honest I feel like there are too many people voting Rand over his Ed vote.

I bloody vote Ley due to what looks like bloody protecting bloody team mate.

UNVOTE BLOODY LEN AND VOTE BLOODY LEY.

OK firstly, Ithi I hope you and everyone living with you is all OK!   :sad:  I'm sorry that that happened.

Second of all to RTE: lol, yes recently my play quality has been shrunken greatly.  If I ever have time in my life again, I'll play mafia to the full extent of my ability with notes, careful full game readthroughs and WoTs.  However, I currently do not have the time to devote for that.

Third of all, as was said in my post, it was literally just to jumpstart the game.  That being said, that vote on Ed was completely weak.  unvote

Now to look at reactions.  I think the people that stood out to me the most are Lenlo, and Cloud.  These are the people that I am looking at the most.  So currently, FoSes on both of them.  

Didn't look bloody weak when it was posted.  Looks bloody weak unvoting here.  Looks like bloody bussing.

Are bloody Rand, Ley and bloody Ed bloody scummates?

Well that's a bloody astonishing case.

Bloody astonishing weak to be exactly. You're calling me, Ed and Rand teammates because of my post saying too many people were voting me (and, as I already said, there were less than I thought), and my joke vote on Maw?

Also, stop this "bloody", if you can, tell us how we can make it stop, if we can, and start making sense in your posts. You apparently can post as much as you want in one post, so having to say "bloody" every so often doesn't mean you can't play properly.

oh im here talya   i got booted off the puter by my brother last night and despite instructions not to turn of the puter he did anyway and hence i lost what i was going to quote so i will just reply and hope i remember everything.

Its interesting how my single vote  and it seemed i was the only one going to vote that way caused all this reaction. No i did not see a symp recently and 'get all excited' i think symp is a waste of role cause ive never seen them do anything really. My take on it is instinctual and as i tried to explain with the whole trivial pursuit example at times when i have had a immeadiate feel or answer and have NOT followed it it has turned out my instinct is right.

we went 20 odd pages or so and i think the most votes on anyone had been 2  then in ONE page i got 4!  I think i touched a nerve. 

Looking at that train is probably a good way to go

now as i am going to work and if yesterdays run on voting me is an indicator then i am going to tell you now that i am town and have a power role

This is SOOOOO scummy. There had been no votes on you for like, five pages, yet you still feel the need to soft claim? It sounds like you are making sure we won't lynch you while you can make up a good fake claim.

I'd vote you over it if Cloud hadn't yet. And you're still the scummiest I see around here. Not sure if I have a vote hanging around, but

unvote

in that case. And virtual vote on Dice, but I want to see some more defense before brining him to 6 votes.

Right....

Reply on this coming in a next post. I can't click back to the quotes to see them in context, and I don't remember exactly what my thoughts were if I don't have the context.

A lot of people have dude, and I'm usually quiet Day1

The game is not bloody fun unless you bloody play.  Get to bloody playing.

Pot and kettle once again?

Please make some useful posts. I don't care if you have a PR or not, it doesn't stop you from saying something useful.

Oh, and I'm slowly getting really pissed off at you for those useless posts where half the words are "bloody".

Arez, you're terrible at this.

Dap, you're off on this one, Talya is town.

Cloud however isn't.  I encourage you all to read any string of his posts together and try to not lol at the severe scumz.

also, unvote vote cloud

I am guessing that we won't lynch Ed today.

That's pretty strong to say this early... You sound like you're 100% sure Talya is town and also 100% sure Cloud is scum.

Ah, I already remember what it was with voting or not voting Dice. When I was catching up the thread I was a bit like "wtf, worst defense ever", and it felt like he was claiming scum with it, but later I got a bit like, "yeah, it isn't actually THAT bad either, just weak defense".

Archived