DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

Taymist

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horn - Oh man, I'm glad my wife hasn't read the WoT or is on these boards.  She is from Eugene and is so against Oregon State it is mind-boggling.  I don't understand why she can't be fan of Oregon and Oregon State.  She buys me Oergon everything and I'm sitting here right now with a dark green shirt that has a big highlighter yellow 'O' on it.  Since I'm not an Oregon native or current resident I feel like I don't have to pick a side, but I'll certainly stop wearing this shirt when I log onto DM.  :)) 

1. How long have you been in the Band?   I just recently joined -- less than a couple weeks ago.  But I was actually a DM member so long ago there was a BoTRH, there were just forums where people would make a thread and talk about whatever the topic was.  I was literally obsessed with WoT back then.  I think it has been more than 10 years since I have been to this site when I returned.

2. Tell me the most important thing I should know about you. I'm not sure.  I'm taller than average...

3. Share one fact about yourself that I wouldn't be able to pick up from simply reading the boardsI'm a very chatty person.  Eventually this will probably come through but lately I have been reading a lot of the threads and haven't really posted much yet.

4. What's the one thing that makes you most proud of your Regiment? (or the the Band if you don't have a Regiment yet) I am very new to the band so right off the bat I would have to say people here are very welcoming.

5. Have you read all of the WoT books or only some and which did you enjoy most?  I have read them all.  I haven't read some of the early ones in 5+ years so they all seem to meld together.   I remember liking the end of Lord of Chaos quite a bit.  I also think I really like The Great Hunt.  But I'm going to say Towers of Midnight was probably the one I liked best because I am such a Mat fan.

6. We're all about the music in the Band, pick 3 tracks that tell me something about you and your personality. Dirt road Anthem by Jason Aldaen, Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva, Closer to the Edge by Thirty Seconds to Mars

7.  I like red.

8. When we're not being all about the music, we're wandering these fair lands of ours. A travelling we will go etc. a) If you could visit 1 country, where would it be and why? b) What one item would you absolutely have to take with you on your travels? South Africa or Switzerland.  I would probably make sure I have my passport.  I feel like not having it would be a nuisance.

9. What are your best memories of your time in the Band to date? I am a hint too new for this question I think.

10. Describe one goal that you've met or achieved over the last 12 months. Doesn't matter how small or how big, just something that's a personal achievement and it can be as a Bander or in normal life...your choice.  I finished writing my second book and the editor has it now.  Also, my first book still has a 5-star rating on Amazon.

10. Describe one goal that you've met or achieved over the last 12 months. Doesn't matter how small or how big, just something that's a personal achievement and it can be as a Bander or in normal life...your choice.  I finished writing my second book and the editor has it now.  Also, my first book still has a 5-star rating on Amazon.

Whoa! Wait what?

Elaborate please... 

BFG - my son has a toy giraffe. I am taller than it. Haha!!

Sooh - Within the last couples years I have tried to direct my creative energy into writing and used Amazon's self-publishing medium. I have a whole little operation going. I have an editor, a final reviewer. It has been really fun.

It is a Sci-Fi setting but my goal was to write it with the flow of a Fantasy book but some horror genre tones laced through it. I could talk about it forever but don't wanna hijack this thread. If you wanna check it out it is called Demon Sun and my pen name is J. Arthur Cousens. I think there is a part of DM dedicated to writing if you wanna chat about more I'll make a thread there. :))

I like this thread... Great way to get to know a little more about our fellow members!!!

3. Share one fact about yourself that I wouldn't be able to pick up from simply reading the boards.

When I joined The Band there was no official RR training but the new member was still asked to post in each regiment to get to know their members prior to selecting a regiment. Before visiting anyone I was sure I'd have gone with the Infantry (I LOVE swords and have quite the collection -most wallhangers but a few battle ready-) but selected the Archers after they were one of the only regiments that actually talked with me during my intro period.

You should have stuck around a bit longer.  I think you would have made an awesome Infantry member!  Also this is one of the reasons why I think the time spent visiting with the regiments should be longer.  Sometimes people are busy and can't show up when a recruit is visiting.

I hope extending the visitations to a whole week, with another week at the end if needed, helps resolve that but it was even more-so of an issue when I was a recruit since there was no official visitation, just posting in each of the regimental boards and seeing where it led.  I'm not disappointed with my choice, the Archers were fun and I learned a lot before leaving them for Senior Staff but I have wondered once or twice what might have been had I gone with my gut instinct. 

Would I have pushed so hard to earn a sword (probably)

Would I have still ended up serving as LG, RA, CG and made it to Senior Staff? (Hope so but honestly couldn't say for sure)

Honestly all three regiments could have fit me in one way or another... Just in different ways. (Which is why I enjoy my role on senior staff, not being a member of just one regiment but, in a way, being part of all three.)

I've always been fascinated with swords and have a decent collection of them in my room.

When playing an online MMO I tend to play ranged classes such as a mage, hunter or ranger.

I live in an area with lots of farms & horses, even riding some at summer camp when I was younger.

i thought you'd say Bacon lol

Bacon is overrated and perfectly generic. It's not the end all be all that people make it out to be.

...But cookies on the other hand. World peace = Cookies. Just saying. They are the simplest solutions to all life's problems.

The answer is cookies. Every question. Cookies.

No :rolleyes: , it's really not. But it's not bacon either.

I like this thread... Great way to get to know a little more about our fellow members!!!

Yes, it's working out fairly well. I have these little moments of inspiration now and again.

*bakes several trays of cookies in the shapes of swords, horses and bows*

Hopefully that will keep you all out of mischief till the questions are done. (Bit busy with work this week.)

Last Archer too post...

3. Share one fact about yourself that I wouldn't be able to pick up from simply reading the boards.

When I joined The Band there was no official RR training but the new member was still asked to post in each regiment to get to know their members prior to selecting a regiment. Before visiting anyone I was sure I'd have gone with the Infantry (I LOVE swords and have quite the collection -most wallhangers but a few battle ready-) but selected the Archers after they were one of the only regiments that actually talked with me during my intro period.

You should have stuck around a bit longer.  I think you would have made an awesome Infantry member!  Also this is one of the reasons why I think the time spent visiting with the regiments should be longer.  Sometimes people are busy and can't show up when a recruit is visiting.

I hope extending the visitations to a whole week, with another week at the end if needed, helps resolve that but it was even more-so of an issue when I was a recruit since there was no official visitation, just posting in each of the regimental boards and seeing where it led.  I'm not disappointed with my choice, the Archers were fun and I learned a lot before leaving them for Senior Staff but I have wondered once or twice what might have been had I gone with my gut instinct. 

Would I have pushed so hard to earn a sword (probably)

Would I have still ended up serving as LG, RA, CG and made it to Senior Staff? (Hope so but honestly couldn't say for sure)

Honestly all three regiments could have fit me in one way or another... Just in different ways. (Which is why I enjoy my role on senior staff, not being a member of just one regiment but, in a way, being part of all three.)

I've always been fascinated with swords and have a decent collection of them in my room.

When playing an online MMO I tend to play ranged classes such as a mage, hunter or ranger.

I live in an area with lots of farms & horses, even riding some at summer camp when I was younger.

Bakes cookies specifically shaped like BOWS, not ARCHERS! 

The answer is cookies. Every question. Cookies.

No :rolleyes: , it's really not. But it's not bacon either.

Yes, it's working out fairly well. I have these little moments of inspiration now and again.

*bakes several trays of cookies in the shapes of swords, horses and bows*

Hopefully that will keep you all out of mischief till the questions are done. (Bit busy with work this week.)

Clearly assaulting a Superior Officer :tongue:

I admit to LOVING Mcdonalds cookies! they are sooooo yum!

Takes an Archer and bites its head off.   Thanks tay!

I sort of feel like this should be assault... 

*licks all the Archers* Mine! :dry:

Archived