DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was worried a bit too, there still was a tiny little chance that Hallia was GF, but i was willing to chance it and still go after TG. Gut feeling was right.

Good job mafia, you had us townies nearly cornered. And good job town, Hallia and Dawn, for believing me :happy:

Maybe next game i'll try not to be ead as scum all over again so i survive a bit longer :tongue:

Some replies to the mafia QT:

I elected to go out hard as the LD fishing for people to question the first statement. Also because Ice had been virtually silent  the entire game and I wanted to state directly that I was town. I knew that the only people that would know their really was a LD in the game would be mafia since I figured that there had to be a ST on the mafia team. I also figured that there was likely not a cop in the game so by stepping out I would draw whatever protection was available. LD is super powerful and somewhat broken as you can craft the statements you want to view if you are willing to push the town into doing so. It's main achilles heel is that you need verifiable statements to use. There are ways to go about twisting statements to make it seem that you are being plain into something not so much. That was why I asked for the lists to be formatted precisely. I really thought that some town players would see what I was up to and push the others to follow. I was a bit surprised that there was so much blowback from the townies. Possibly due to newness. I was also a bit surprised that two people that seemed to know exactly what I was going for (RTE and Hallia) were not immediately forthcoming in their list. If the town starts volunteering their information it makes it extremely obvious who is not playing along.. also, I really didn't have the time to sift through the thread for nuggets to test from players so went blunt. I did remember the Dawn statement about no QT from D1. And used AJ's town proclamation from D2 (I was allowed to submit both because Ice was totally inactive and didn't submit N1. I asked and got lucky. It NEVER hurts to ask)

Talmanes Claim looked off to me. I knew we still had a shot to check him with the Cop tho. I really wished that RTE would have viewed him N3 instead of BFG. I thought it was the perfect use as he had already stated that his role would not affect a cop view. Actually that would have been the best claim for the GF but with TG unavailable you do the best you can. I would have still been pushing Talmanes on D4 if I had lived. Especially since I would have a true statement from RTE. So he would have been confirmed. 

I think that it would have been safe to say that LOLcatting should have ensued at that point.

I was initially stuck on the LD so no cop thing myself and it really wasn't until after the game finished that I remembered that the game was initially larger. Sometimes when games get shrunk the main roles stay and the VTs and goons get reduced. I think that may have been the case here. Also having the two investigators in a smaller game will result in mistrust for one or the other. 

Oh last thing I can remember. I was of the opinion that since I had results on individuals I could not replace. I was only asked if I wanted the dead thread. I would have been willing to replace back in but be forewarned, I would have bussed ALL OF YOU. While keeping the cop alive at least one day and decrying how with one mafia left the chances were very high that that mafia was a GF or else the cop would already be dead.=> all cop views are meaningless. Only the LD cleared would be truly clear. And those people were going to get killed ASAP.

The mafia did a very good job of holding their water about all things LD. I really was looking for anyone that would have tried to FoS over my initial statement. You saw how much I went after those that I wanted direct statements from that balked at initial requests. In retrospect, Nikon might have actually been better served by being a little stubborn. It might have caused me to look at him and inadvertently clear him.

Oh well  done is done and GG all.

OH one LAST THING to the newer players. If you  are TOWN and someone that you think is TOWN asks you to do something in a certain way, as long as you do not know a specfic reason not to do it, you should probably just go along. If someone say mass claim, maybe not but in this case if everyone would have just volunteered once it was fairly obvious I was a LD then  it would have put enormous pressure on the mafia team. Maybe I would have gotten killed but who knows? Thane actually blocked the mafia RB that night so I might well have lived.

Archived