DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawn, could you put a little commentary on your list as to why they are ranked where they are.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

I think that definitely either TG or Thane3 is scum. I don't think they both are, based on how they act each other - it sounds like actual accusing, not distancing attempts. TG seems scummier based on all his behavior lately (which I already commented on) and Thane3 because everything TG pointed out about Thane3 makes him look scummier. I'm not sure which one is scum, but one of them is. Talmanes doesn't seem very scummy to me, but I am almost certain Hallia isn't scum - meaning that he'll probably be scum with either TG or Thane3.

Of course, there is the possibility that the remaining scum are Talmanes and Hallia, but that would be really surprising. 

Based on these conclusions, Talmanes would be the most likely to be scum, since I think it is about an equal chance of TG and Thane3 being scum (but there is almost no way both are), and Hallia seems so town to me that it's unlikely she'd be scum, so now I am going to Unvote. Vote Talmanes. 

TG - why haven't you voted Thane? You're going to great lengths to ISO him and defend yourself, but you aren't voting.

I don't think you were yesterday either.

Currently working on my Hally ISO.  I'm not voting yet cuz we are at Lylo and I want to feel good about my vote.  Especially since I feel guilty about being absent for so much of the game. And I would suggest voting a no lynch but that wouldn't help at all since we have two conf town (you and dawn) and guaranteed one of you would be going down.

He slipped Nikon was silvertongue-pre reveal? O.o I think that's a pretty bad thing.

:huh: i'd like to know where.... because i have no idea how he came up with that..... Looking for excuses i tell ya.

Check my casing.  Before the Nikon flip you mentioned that if someone was lying the only person you could see it being was NIkon.

Hally ISO part 1 of 2. 

Started out very jokey, good tone in OP but actual content starts around page 5...

Hrm.

I have a good read on you. :happy:

AJ's probably town.

I never can tell with Dawn.  She is baffling to me :laugh:

Not sure what to make of Basel yet, if he's being his normal awesome helpful self, or being a little....too helpful. DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Hally joke voted Chae, then starts town reading.  Throws a little dirt Basel's way.

I'm home from work (Yes, work :tongue: )  

I'm free to answer any questions you might have of me.

Here people were pressuring her to give some reads and participate.  She says she will answer questions, to which people again asked for reads.

Going off of gut, I have good feels on Tina, Chael, Basel and Tsuki.   Haven't seen anything too overtly scummy, with the exception of Thane's voting on RTE early on, but he's newer so I'll throw him a bone.

Again, all town reads.  Hally can't seem to find anything scummy in the game.

It's a little early for that, don't you think?  D1 can be like that sometimes, not that we shouldn't press for more out of him.

But that seems like picking the low hanging fruit

Here Hally is defending Ice I believe. 

Good to see you Señor Ed! And welcome Ithi! I think I was referring to Thane regarding voting in actives, Talm, but I see your point, it's just a liiiittle early for that kind of talk. That's why it pings to me.

Still jokey, and pushing against scumhunting calling it "too early"

My bet: Ithi and AJ are BOTH town and mafia is spread over the two trains, hoping as the deadline gets closer people will scramble.

Continues to find everyone town.  Note that she finds AJ town.

The tension that was there for a bit makes me less likely to post ; . ; Felt like there were some thunderdomin' real feels comign out.

I don't even understand this.

I see that we get a punishment for not having a majority.  With three hours to go I'll go with

Vote Basel

I don't see him as particularly scummy, but rather to know then a random kill with no info.

Okay, this was 3 hrs to DL and Hally had left her vote on Chae all of D1 without finding anyone or anything scummy.  Then she hops on the Basel train as the 6th vote when it was clear Basel was going to be lynched.  Basically zero content on D1 except for finding everyone town.  Funny thing is that she made a joke about Basel being scummy but then here says she didn't actually find him scummy and is voting to consolidate.

Learned a valuable lesson from Yates regarding the Vig kill; if our lynch today flips town, you lynch from the people on their train.  If they flip scum you pick off of it.   It basically puts scum in a bad place, and I think is a brilliant move.

Obvious observation is obvious? 

No, I'm not, but that sounds like role fishing to me AJ

Right after mentioning Vig AJ asks about her mentioning it and then she throws dirt on AJ for asking.  This becomes her first actual scum read.

I'm betting on an AJ/Thane team.  AJ pushed Basel pretty hard D1, and then dropped this little gem:

Dice is town.

Soul read.

I'm gonna look back at Thane but in general nothing of his really stood out, I don't invest a lot of value in vote swapping D1.

Funny, Dice was the N1 kill, so this would ordinarily make AJ seem townish.  He then tries to say nothing stood out, but promises to look back at him.

voting inactivity on D1 is low.. even mentioning it would seem like wanting to lynch a possible townie. One less for scum to have to NK. We should focus more on the people that are actully around and let the mod decide inactivity and it's consequences.

If the only reason people read me scummy is my changing of votes.... wow... it has gotten people to talk, and i wouldn't have done it if it weren't for the fact that i want people to be more active. You can't tell scum if the game is not active.

That said, i get the feeling Basel wants to get the lynchtrain going on me.... feel like i'm being singled out here. He already was on my possible scumlist, there's a deadline and we need to get going in the game. His actions just made me make a decision.

vote Basel

Thane is all to happy to join him on Basel.

Here Hally throws Thane in with AJ as scum reads.  Still no voting activity from Hally tho.

AJ, if I'm wrong, we'll....I'm wrong. Learned that's ok, a townie will make mistakes. So if in the unlikely event you did flip town of vote Thane, most likely

"you did flip town of vote"?  Must be on mobile :laugh: 

Seriously though, D1 had zero scum reads, D2 has two scum reads that she is already hedging on.  Looking bad.  Terribad.

I'm Snow White

Hally is about to be CFD'd and lynched and claims Snow White.

I'm at work? Hard to do that much until lunch, so if you can wait about 2 hours I can put more up via non mobile

Here she promises to get a reads list together as everyone has started noting that she can't seem to find people scummy.

so, enlighten me, if you will: what makes me stick out more than everybody else? If you point at me for giving distractions... well... RTE is doing a great job at that for the moment. If i point at others, it's because i am entitled to defend from false accusitions (at least, i think i may?) and explain my actions to others. Perhaps i play with a style you haven't see yet (well, this is our first game together) and we both need time to get to know eachother a bit better.

Plus, out of all the players... you pick at least half of the new people. Easy pickings for a scumteam because they're easy to get? just thinking out loud here....

Reading back through, I noticed another link between Thane and AJ, both seem to have it in for RTE.

Got a town read on Turin/Ithi/RTE so far

Scum on AJ/Thane

And this is her promised list.  Basically rehashing her scum view of AJ/Thane.  AJ calls her out for not having a complete list which she doesn't respond to.

If you are town, don't be so quick to vote yourself.

And finally gives this bit o' advice to Thane when he self voted to end the day.  Doesn't call him scum for it and rejoice in catching scum.  A townie would view what Thane did as scumtastic and be happy to catch him.  Somebody who already knows how Thane was gonna flip would instead be more sympathetic.

TL;DR  for Hally ISO part 1 of 2

Hally can't find anybody or anything scummy which is classic sign of being scum because she would know they are actually town.  Sheeps vote onto Basel train at end of D1 after parking on Chae all day long.  At D2 she is pushed into finding something scummy so goes after AJ/Thane who had already been mentioned by BFG/Nikon.  Sheeps vote onto Thane at end of D2 but makes comment that, in tone, appears to show sympathy for him as though she knows he is going to flip town.

Hally ISO part 2 of 2:

1. dawnflower8 - Unsure (as always) on Dawn
2. Nikon - Null
5. Tina Ithillian - Town
7. RTE - Town
8. TGlems - Null
9. Ice - Has he ever posted?
10. AJ - Scum
12. ed - Null
13. Hallia - Snow White
14. Talmanes - Null.  Has posted, but I don't get a clear read one way or the other
15. BFG - Not enough to go on
16. Tsukibana - Town

Here Hally gives Turin a list.  Not properly formatted though in the way that Turin had requested.

I disagree that it's that easy. The only people who can do that so easily are mafia.

Hally pushes back on the observation that she had only been making town reads in general. Strangely says it is easier for mafia to find scum which is the opposite of true.

I say it's difficult because I put my leans, and you wanted straight up 'THIS PERSON IS TOWN.  THIS PERSON IS MAFIA.'  I can give what I think, which is what I did.  But I can't say for sure who is what, which is why I said what I said.  Also there goes another person AJ was gunning for D1, down as town.  

Continues a bit of a snipe on AJ while still pushing back on Turin to give an actual list as though she def doesn't want to be lie detected.

I stayed up late all night for this, got sidetracked, now here we are quite late and finally get to post.

Let's try to get a scum today.

I'm the Cop. Hallia is town. I can't wait to see AJ's reaction now. Wish I could see a video of him eating his hat, or all the other things he said he would do if he's wrong.

I got my time messed up while on vacation and missed my view first night. Sorry. Was going to lie about that but what's the point? Hence my night being short post. Time zones and long days. Sorry.

Now, that list.

Dawn - Scum

TG - Scum

Nikon - Scum

Talmanes - Scum

BFG - Scum

Turin - Town

Hallia - Town

RTE - Town

AJ - Town

Tsuki - Town

Ed - Town

Bit of a random order. Other than Dawn and TG not sure for scum reads. The Hallia town view surprised me. She could be GF but.. Meh.  We can figure that out I guess. Right now...

Vote Dawn

I put this in here because this is the point at which RTE views Hally. 

See, that I can do.  I'll likely have lots of towns.

Hally agrees to give a list in the proper format with repeated pressure.

Your snarkiness is noted, AJ :tongue:

And snipes on AJ again for his continued pushing of her.

It's coming off wayyyy different than normal, AJ.  Like, noticeably so.  Hence why I keep coming back to it.

Continues sniping on AJ.  Note that so far AJ is the only person Hally has managed to find scummy all game.

dawnflower8 is scum
 Nikon is town
RTE is town
TGlems is scum
Turin is town
AJ  is scum/town (AFLRFKWFJ I don't know.  You still seem scummy to me.  But at the same time I want so badly for you to be town.)
ed is scum
Hallia is town
Talmanes is scum
BFG is scum
Tsukibana is town

Is ed still playing? I don't recall seeing any recent posts of his.

Here is Hally's list.  She previously said that she would have mostly everyone as town but gives quite a few scum.  Pretty much all of her scum are the people who hadn't been posting much (dawn, ed, etc).  However, she somehow still doesn't manage to comply with Turin's request for proper formatting. 

Moreover, the only person she had ever found scummy all game was AJ.  Yet on her list she has him as scum/town, which is incredibly strange that she would have other people she never mentioned as scum but AJ, who she noted as scummy, not as scum.

Did you skim? I posted it last page.

It seems like you're purposely trying to misrep us now

And when asked about it says she did post it, which Turing quickly points out is not in the correct format and she needs to be clear on AJ.

vote Turin

Or does feel like you're trying to lead town, and in a bad way

And now that she has been "cop cleared" and refused to comply with Turin's requests she turns around and votes him when he is obv LD.

I get why he claimed so early. As soon as day broke people started voting him.

NOTE THIS.  Hally points out that RTE claimed to save himself.  I'll bring this up later.

Turin - You forgot  a claim.  AJ claimed Jiminy Cricket, but no role.

And here he is suddenly defending AJ by trying to correct Turin's list.  AJ, the only person she found scummy all game but didn't list as scummy.

Tsuki, the role you're looking for is lie-detector

I am town.  I am not mafia.  I am not third party.  I win with town, it is the only way I can win.

After refusing to acquiesce to Turin's insistence for a list Hally shows here that she knows full well what an LD is.  She finally makes a statement that an LD can check.  However, this is made just before the night Turin is killed.  She had refused to do so on any previous night.

dean-gun.gif

*whispers*  I love you.

And nice shot!

Back to fluff.

I don't know about hopping on and voting him right away, but typically, when there is a lie detector, how often is there a cop?  I would say normally it's one or the other.  Hrmm.

Hally sheeping about RTE.

[v] tg [/v]

Not impressed with his comeback

I made one post here and mentioned that I still needed time to catch up.  Hally quick votes me without asking me about anything.  I push back telling her to AMA.

Everyone else has claimed, why the reticence to do so?

What do you think of the rte train?

What do you think the odds are of there being a LD and a cop?

Here Hally asked me why I was reluctant to claim?  Very strange since she had pushed back so hard on Turin and even voted him.  Projecting at its finest.  On top of that I was never reluctant to claim, I just wasn't here in the first place.  Mis-reppin' hard.

Hallia is at work? I think you're right for the record. Not sure this many PRs would be in a game. Other games I've been in there's a LD but no cop. Also, in LD games I've seen a silver tongue or a rubber tongue but not both.

I dubious of both claims

Also funny how you missed the part about AJ, that looked like sowing WIFOM to me

Defends about why not posting much, but doesn't really respond to why she isn't posting more content when she does have time (which AJ brought up).

The way RTE outed so fast upon daybreak though is townie to me.  He saved me.  Scum would've been happy for the mislynch.

NOTE PART 2.  Remember how earlier Hally specifically mentioned RTE claiming to save himself?  Now she says he claimed to save her.  Hally apparently can't remember what Hally thinks.  Classic scumtell.

:(. I don't think he's mafia, but if it'll get us to lynch scum tomorrow lets do this

unvote

[v] RTE [/v]

Votes RTE talking about lynching scum tomorrow?  Still unclear who she thinks is scum who would be lynched tomorrow.

TL;DR Hally ISO part 2 of 2

Hally makes a list for Turin (not properly formatted) that does not list the only person she has found scum all game as scum (AJ).  Hally doesn't make an LD type statement until right before the night Turin dies.  ALso votes Turin even though she clearly knows what an LD is.  Also does not seem to remember her own posts and directly contradicts herself about things like the RTE reveal.

Talmanes ISO part 1 of 2

So far a few people have been a bit too candid for my taste but it is day one so eh.
Wall of text posts do annoy the crap out of me, so I'm tempted to vote Nikon just for that.
Plus I just realized Ed is in this game and so I'm really tempted to vote for him (can't trust someone with that many clones) I figure I'll at least let him check in though first.

There's a few little things that stick out to me here and there, but there is no way I'm going to try to do quotes and such on my phone, so later tonight when I can get to a computer I'll post a bit more.

But afterall it is Day One, and we don't have a deadline, and hell we haven't even had everyone check in yet, so I'm not ready to get all lynch happy anyway. First I want to see how everything plays out.

Throws a mini FOS on Nikon right off the bad and jokes about voting Ed.  Tal was one of the first people to start moving from joke phase to game phase. 

Well hello Ed! I've been good just generally very busy with school and two jobs. What about you?

Oh and I said I would wait until you posted to vote for you lol so
Ed

Follows through with the joke vote of Ed which is actually a good sign of not caring what others think.

And I don't see a bow Dice ;)

Jokes.

Okay so Multiquote is not working for me for some reason, so bear with me here.

My thoughts so far:

AJ: What stuck out to me is that on two separate occasions he posted suggesting that BFG is Town. It just seems odd to reiterate this, and could be trying to hide BFG for some reason.
Dawn: The random vote for RTE with no joke or reason stuck out to me, because he already had a few votes, and it seemed like a bandwagon based on its lack or reasoning.
Thane: He voted for RTE after Dawn, but all of a sudden switches his vote to her saying he was only jokevoting RTE, and asking what she was doing. I agree that Dawn's vote stuck out, but why didn't Thane mention this before instead of adding his vote to the pile? Doesn't add up to me.
Nikon: Firstly, Wall of Text (especially this early) seemed unnecessary. This on itself is more annoying than anything, but he got very defensive when called out on the post. On Day 1 I really don't see why he was that defensive.
Tina: She pointed out that Thane seemed to be bandwagoning and voted for him, but said nothing about Dawn's lack of reasoning, whereas Thane's post had more of the sound of a jokevote.
Basel: I do realize people like to help newbies, but the newbie card always sticks out to me when played, and in this case it wasn't even played by the person being said to be a newbie.
Hallia: mentioned that AJ is probably Town.

I know there is a lot there, and believe me the last thing I want is a Wall of Text. This is the first time I was on my computer today though versus my phone, and so I had some time to analyze everything, and even though it is Day 1, we starting to have enough posts to go on in my opinion.

Right now AJ and Thane are at the top of my radar, but I'll stick with my jokevote for now, until the game has gone on a bit longer.

Night all, and please no Walls of Text that I have to read tomorrow on my phone :P

Calls out Nikon and follows up his earlier view but doesn't vote him.  However, note that the top two scum reads are AJ/Thane.

@AJ - It simply stuck out to me that you mentioned her and Town twice like that. Day 1 there isn't always a lot to go on, so I look for things like that. Worst case scenario you're trying to pull any suspicion from her, best case scenario you're making general Day 1 comments.

For Day 1 it is enough to get you on my radar, but as I said I'm not quite ready to put a real vote in.

Tal here doesn't want to actually use his vote too quickly on D1.  Looks backwards to me since a vote is going to generate the most reaction in terms of gameplay and that is especially important D1.

It's good to see people getting back to content. I realize it is still Day 1 but it both annoys me and gets almost suspicious when the game thread starts to derail.

I'm still looking at Thane and AJ for reasons aforementioned, but am adding RTE to my watch list.

RTE - Has posted a fair amount but not contributed much at all. Lots of erratic posts that don't really lean toward any solid ideas. The quick vote/unvote on AJ sticks out to me as well, because I think we are a little past jokevotes and I really don't see any merit to doing that. As it has been pointed out RTE didn't react much at all to bring voted for, but then tries to cast suspicion all of a sudden voting, then immediately unvoting. Doesn't add up, and does not look good in my opinion.

Adds RTE to his scumlist but keeps Thane/AJ at the top.

@Mentions that I'm not being very active, I am very busy, and have been checking in but no one was posting too much so I didn't feel the need to add anything.

The game is getting a bit more active now it would appear, as well as we now have a deadline, meaning we need to speed things up.

Chae (1/9): Hallia
Basel (3/9): TG, dawn, AJ
ed (1/9): Talmanes
Thane (2/9): Tina, Basel
Talmanes (1/9): ed
AJ (1/9): RTE

Here is the most current Vote Count:
Chae - Didn't stick out too much to me.
Basel - His defense did stick out, but I've also played with him before and it wasn't out of his meta.
Ed - My vote's placeholder.
Thane - On my watchlist as mentioned, and has given me plenty of pings for D1.
Talmanes - Generally assuming jokevote by Ed, but who knows, he's crazy.
AJ - Also on my watch list, but not sticking out as much as Thane.

In the interest of getting closer to a majority, and because I may not be as active for the rest of the week due to working, I will go ahead and Vote Thane

At this point he seems like the best option. He's been the highest on my watchlist and is also closest to majority.

Don't like how he needs to doubly justify his vote not just on merits but on merit + game mechanic.  Vote who you think is scummy for that reason or vote for deadline, but trying to double justify looks bad.  Also very strange how his list is only on people getting voted, not on everyone.

Fair enough, just curious. Like I said I've played enough games on both sides that it sticks out a bit to me when people are sure others are Town. It could well be genuine, but there is always the possibility of a cover.

I would like to add that, in the interest of reaching a majority before deadline, and in keeping the game active, if we don't have an agreement I would be fine with voting for Ice, as I checked and did not see any posts whatsoever (unless I missed something).
If they aren't going to post, then they don't do us much good.

Gross.  Looks ready to lynch anybody at all and this doesn't jive with his earlier comment about not wanting to throw his vote around too easily D1.

Oh Ithi you are going to make this interesting aren't you? Haha.

@Hallia and AJ - The only reason I am willing to vote the inactive is because I prefer an active game, and I like to look at worst case scenarios. Worst case scenario, Ice ends up getting Mod Killed for inactivity where I assume we would not get a coroner report. Considering it is Day 1, I would rather vote the person not posting at all than switch my vote to someone I don't find suspicious just to get a majority.

You can read that as you will, but that has always been my thoughts in Mafia Games. You aren't posting, you aren't helpful.

This is way pre-emptive for D1 discussion.  Especially the mod-kill part.

@Chaelca from pages ago. I've posted my thoughts on everyone since the beginning of the game. You can consider that nudging, I consider it analyzation. And I really do not see  how I am buddying up with Ithi. I for one simply realized what she was doing from the start, and assumed it would make things interesting, which it most certainly did. Not only that but it worked.

With everything so far, my original prime suspects (AJ and Thane) seem even more so suspicious.

AJ - The way he has been posting (especially in response to Ithi) has been ridiculous. Mafia is a game of wills, but it should never be personal. I also really cannot see him getting that worked up unless he had something to worry about.

Thane - Has looked bad to me pretty much the entire time, and the recent posts have not helped at all. Content to keep my vote here, but rest assured, in all likelihood I'll be looking toward AJ D2.

Also like to note: Dawn - Gave me some reason for suspicion before, but the posts lately have brought her much higher on my list. Got very wrapped up with AJ and Thane, and when things went sour began pulling the newb card majorly to try and look innocent. I don't buy it, not want bit. Definitely on my list.

We need a majority pretty soon, and I'm sticking with Thane for now as I said. After all that has happened we will definitely have much more to look for on D2, but for now meeting our deadline is the most important in my opinion.

Here Tal responds and gives his list of baddies.  Strangely Nikon, who he found scummy earlier, is left off the list.

@Dawn - You posted saying you were very confused about teams and such in response to people questioning you and looking at you in.a negative way. To me, that is playing the New card. Things weren't going your way so you said you didn't understand.

@Nikon - Thane was always on my list, and we also need a majority. The wmtwo go well together. We may not be minutes away, but we are only hours away from the deadline. We need a majority vote, and I think Thane is scum.

And here Tal continues to defend himself over the double justification while also throwing some dirt Dawn's way.  Nikon, however, he seems to have lost all suspicion of.

Well we have a Town down, can't say I agreed with the lynch, but what is done is done. Let's see what the night brings and continue on with D3.

Such a dry response.  Talmanes tone throughout is very, very dry. 

The heart thing is definitely Regina, so that would have been the Mafia NK.

The arrow means the Huntsman, but the question is, is he a Vigilante or Serial Killer.

I'm pretty sure he dies in Season 1 of the show, but he was working for Regina. That being said, he also doesn't kill Snow White and sort of betrays Regina which is why she kills him.

(Yes, not ashamed, I watched the first [and second I think] season of the show)

I'm not a big fan of having a Vig in the game, especially since they killed a Town, but a SK would be even worse.

I'm going to go back and look for anything that points to who might be the Vig/SK, and also analyze anything that would point to who is Mafia based on their kill.

I just got off a long shift and it is almost 1am my time, so no promises that I'll post again tonight. Just depends on how long I stay awake.

AJ is right though, 9/4 isn't a death sentence, but it isn't good either. We need a Mafia lynch today to get things headed back in the right direction.

Tal is apparently one of the few people who both watches the show and also immediately considered the possibility of vig or SK.  Turin mentions this and gives him town points for it.  Tal's tone is again very dry and the way he responds to AJ he seems to have lost suspicion there.

My damn phone just deleted an entirely typed post before I could submit it, so that's lovely, but let's try this again.

For one, I don't know why everyone is just assuming Vig over SK. Most people don't seem too familiar with the show, but are still happy to use a basic wiki and go from there. The Vig/SK is definitely the Huntsman based on the scene, and I'm really leaning SK. Yes the Huntsman does not kill Snow White when told, but he is also under the control of the Evil Queen and for the most part does her bidding. He is defintiely not the type of character to kill because he wants to. That being said, I don't know how close this game's roles are going to rely on the show. The things though is that no one had any huge suspicions on Chae D1. This leads more toward SK than Vig, because a Vig would take out someone they thought was scum, not just kill someone and try to stay hidden like a SK would.

Today though the one really sticking out to me is AJ. Throughout D1 AJ and Thane defended each other, and definitely seemed to be working together to me. Today, AJ seems to have completely flipped and is saying Thane is one of his highest Mafia reads. He then did not vote Thane until he was pressed to do so, and even then he seems to just be trying to get anyoen but himself lynched (that at least is understandable). The whole thing with Thane makes me think that AJ knows he'll flip Mafia, because they both are. Turning on someone like that but seeming hesitant to actually vote them makes me think they are on a scum team, and decided that since it looked like one of them was going to die, they would go against each other so the living one would be cleared.

All that being said, I'm going to Vote AJ

Tal gets back on his AJ/Thane horse and  is going after AJ.

Thane also has seemed to generally vote/become suspiocious of anyone who votes him or becomes suspicious of him, but has not said a whole lot about AJ voting for him, which further makes me think that they are working together.

See above quote.

TL;DR Tal ISO 1 of 2

Two things really stick out.  The first is that Tal's scum reads are AJ/Thane, same as Hally and at the same time and yet they don't seem to mention each other.  The second is that Tal seemed to drop his suspicion of Nikon pretty quickly after an early mention, could be distancing.

A third thing is just that Tal's tone is incredibly dry.  Scum often try to hide behind a very dry tone in order to not reveal any emotions that would not jive town.

Tal ISO part 2 of 2

I apologize for my lack of posting lately, but as I've stated before, I work two jobs and am in college. I also have finals coming up and a final project each of my classes so I've been quite busy. That being said, if I can't get my posting up, I'll ask for a replacement. I'd rather not have to do that, but I'll see how much time I can manage on here.

I've been trying to make sure I at least keep up on reading the thread as much as I can, and off the top of my head these are the things that stick out:

Nikon's hammer vote which he seemed to not realize was the hammer vote looked bad, but TG's after hammer vote looked even worse. I realize he is also have IRL time issues, but I would think that he would at least read the thread a little before voting.

Dawn continues to ping me with her complete cluelessness on everything. She has let herself be led around for the most part, and the fact that she didn't even seem to know that Turin replaced Dice? Is she paying no attention at all?

The RTE claim/clearing of Hallia definitely interests me. Based on his prior comments the claim seems plausible, but is also convenient seeing as Hallia seemed to be a popular lynch candidate for today. I find it curious he didn't claim a character, and would be interested to here who he says he is.

Also in the area of just plain not reading (or conveniently claiming not to), AJ calls out for the Vig to out themselves based on his theory that they killed Thane2, when the scene makes it blatantly clear that it was a Mafia kill not a Vig kill. On this I could be wrong, but I believe AJ before said that it was a scum move to try to get the Vig to reveal themselves. I'm also interested as to why me being away for a bit apparently moves me to the top of his list, seems a bit reaching to me.

Tsuki hasn't hit me too much either way but his recent response to being asked for a list by Turin I find interesting. Either he is missing the obvious, or has something to be worried about.

Reads all around from Tal and he seems to suddenly remember to mention Nikon.

Looks like there were more posts while I was typing.

@AJ - Like I said in my posts, I watch the show, and I've based my thoughts on Vig/SK off of a mix of my knowledge of the show and the scene which previously made me lean toward SK. I do agree though that the fact that we did not have an extra kill N2 makes it much more likely it was a one time Vig kill. It still could be either, but I assure you, I'm not a Serial Killer or Vigilante.

I post my thoughts and what sticks out to me. I'm very obviously not always right, as not all my calls turned out to be accurate, but no one is perfect.

I should have a little more time tomorrow and Thursday in the morning between classes, so I will check back in at that time. Right now though, I'm going to sleep.

Tal is using show knowledge to push back.  Meh.

I said I would post this morning, and so I am.
Not too much else has been posted though since last night.
I still want to hear from RTE before I make a judgment there, which will also effect my view on Hallia as well.

And lol just saw that Thane is making his third round, welcome back.

Posting just to post.  Yes, Tal said he would earlier but it looks like he is overly conscious of what others will think if he doesn't.

RTE, thank you for clarifying your character. I definitely would not have pegged Henry as the Cop, seems much more likely to be Emma, but Henry is plausible, as he was the one trying to figure out who everyone was in the show. I'm not 100% convinced, but I don't think it is a good idea to lynch someone who could be one of the most important roles.

Tsuki is looking more and more argumentative, which could be genuine, or as I said before could mean he has something to hide. The whole list thing still catches my eye for obvious (well I think so anyway) reasons, and the attack on AJ could be trying to distract.

AJ is interesting because there are many things that have come across as scum for him, but also many things that come across as town. AJ is another that I don't know if I would be comfortable with lynching at this point, as I really don't want to lynch him and have him turn out town.

Dawn still looks bad to me based on her play throughout the whole game. The only thing that is saving me from just voting her to be done with the whole thing is the fact that I just really can't see someone being coached and still playing with that level of naiveté.

I'm a little hesitant on TG as much of the reasoning for killing him seems to be because he is inactive. Normally I support killing off inactive players to some extent, but at the point we are at in the game it would be extremely counterproductive to end up lynching a townie just because they aren't posting much. That being said, like I mentioned before that after hammer vote looks bad. It is definitely a possibility that he was trying to swoop in and get a quick hammer vote while trying to just look like he didn't have time to read. I would like to hear from him again before making a decision.

I'm just putting my thoughts out for now, as it is very difficult to go back and forth through posts on my phone. When I have more time and am on a computer later tonight, I'll take a deeper look and determine who I want to vote for.

Strange that all of a sudden Tal changes his tone on lynching inactives.  I did say I'd be back, but earlier he was all for lynching ice and now he doesn't want to go after me.

Apparently every time I'm gone for a bit I automatically get on someone's scum list, seems to be a pattern this game.
I've tried to post, and explained why it's been difficult, so you can take that or leave it. I've found in Mafia, one way or another I always get killed, so I've come to terms with that fact.

That being said I am Town, so I would rather you not lynch me, but that is all up to you. I am Town, and my character is Pinnochio. I'm a Town Miller, and my statements will come up false if looked at by a lie detector. This is why I thought it was so obvious that Turin was a LD based on his posts, and have generally assumed he has to be Town. This is also what makes me just a bit suspicious as to RTE's claim, as I'm not sure how likely it is to have both.
I'm still not ready to lynch RTE as assuming he's telling the truth that would be a major loss for us.
I really wish TG would post at least a little, as it would be nice to hear from him before voting for him, but if he isn't going to post (albeit I do understand that he has had RL issues) we may learn more by lynching him.
I would hate to not and find out he was a hiding scum the whole time.
(Trying those vote tags)
[v]TG[/v]

Two things here.  1) Why on earth did Tal say miller?  IMO his role would have stated RT, not Miller.  It's gaming the mod/game a bit but him claiming miller and then explaining it sounds really bad.  Especially for what comes next which I'll point out...

2) He suddenly switches up on voting me as soon as he gets a little pressure to do so.  Really don't like seeing people so easily "swayed" as it reeks of mafia trying to appear willing to work with others.

@Turin - My role says that my statements will be read as false so if you would read one of my statements it would come up as false. It doesn't say anything about reading Mafia if checked by a Cop, nor did I say anything to that effect. That's why I know there is a LD but don't know if there is also a Cop. Also, if you read that as an emotional appeal that's your opinion. I was simply making statements. I honestly never had made it to the end of a Mafia, which is just a fact. I'm not bothered by that, what happens happens *shrug*

I do see what you are saying though, and I would be happy to be cleared, so:
I, Talmanes, am Mafia.

I would like to note I'm not actually saying I'm Mafia, rather giving Turin a statement he can use to verify the fact that I'm Town.

Here Tal continues saying his statements come up false.  And he tries to post a statement that Turin could check, but of course, this is right before the night Turin dies.  Also, now he doesn't mention it being called a miller...

I'll get back on and post a full list for you Turin if I have time to get on my computer before I go to work.

And finally, after Turin had been asking for it for so long, Tal also promises to post a list.  Right before the night where Turin dies.

Talmanes is Town (as I have stated).
Turin is Town (LD)
Dawn is Town (or at least not Mafia as cleared by Turin)
AJ is Town (as cleared by Turin)
Tsuki is Town (generally believe his Vig claim)
Hallia is Town (not feeling a scum vibe here)
BFG is Town (honestly don't have a strong opionion here, but I haven't seen a whole lot to make her look Mafia)

TG is Mafia (based on the fact that Nikon was Mafia, and voted for BFG rather than TG, plus it doesn't sound like we are going to hear from him anyway, and we've had things narrowed down)
Thane is Mafia (doesn't seem like Town to me; not only is it highly unlikely that Thane is Town a third time, but his comment about not being able replace anyone again sounded like a slip as well)
RTE is Mafia (not positive here, but the more I think about it I just have trouble believing there is a LD and Cop; my role fits with a LD, and Nikon was a Silvertongue which also fits with an LD)

I'm assuming 4 Mafia based on distribution (IIRC it's usually about a fourth) though with a Vig 3 would be possible I suppose.
I would be willing to lynch TG or Thane come morning, but would really rather have RTE confirmed before lynching him in case I am wrong.

It is 1 am now and I have work tomorrow, so I am heading to bed. Just wanted to make sure I got my list posted since I didn't have time to before I went to work.

Finally posts his list.  Strangely, this might be the very first time Tal mentions BFG all game long.

Well we're (at least) halfway way there. Assuming there are 4, only two left, or if there are only 3 then only one to go.
Turin was a big loss, as he was the only confirmed investigative role, but thanks to Tsuki we have another scum down.
I'm also very interested to here from RTE, and would like to hear who he says he viewed.

Based on the numbers and the fact that it seems unlikely we will hear from TG (also hope everything IRL is alright for him) I still think that he is a good way to go for a lynch, but I still have my doubts about Thane3 as well.

Before I vote though, I would like to hear from RTE, because assuming he really is a Cop, he is our best chance at finding the remaining scum.

Tal's flip-flopping on RTE from one post back is interesting. Like he has forgotten who he is supposed to have listed as scum.

I have to say, RTE's posts are making me think he looks even more like a probable scum. He is definitely reaching to try to avoid being lynched, and I really don't see where he expects to go with trying to make confirmed Townies look bad. I also think saying he viewed BFG seems way too convenient and seems to get him out of having to give results.
AJ you also make a really good point. Today is the day to lynch RTE if we are going to, and if he is fake claiming he could do a lot of harm at this point in the game. I guess it's now or never.
[v]RTE[/v]

His vote of RTE at least follows through with some of his previous thoughts.  Not sure if this is groundwork or not.

@Thane - My role is Town Miller (apparently nicknamed runnertongue from what everyone has been saying) and if I am read by a Lie Detector, my results would have shown as false. That's why I was sure I knew what Turin was before he claimed, and also was sure he was Town. My role says nothing about a Cop, as I said before, which is why I have serious doubts as to the authenticity of RTE's claim. It's possible, but seems very unlikely.

Like I said I was hesitant to vote him in case he really is telling the truth, despite the odds, but AJ makes a good point about today being the only day where if it is a mislynch, we still have a chance.

@RTE - There being a Godfather would work toward making your claim seem more true, but that is also unconfirmed, and you saying you think the one person you say you've read and that you said was Town is scum, now, seems like backtracking and trying to back up your claim.

Here Tal clarifies his role, still calling it Miller.  He also pushes more on the Hally possible godfather as RTE listed Hally as a possible scum.

Hey guys, still here, just been working til midnight every night and working on finals.
Haven't read anything yet, but I'll be on a little later today to read what I've missed and look at who to vote for.

Popping in just to...say hi?  Trying to appear in the thread.

TL;DR Tal ISO part 2 of 2

Tal claims Miller but then says it is anti-LD role.  I am gaming the mod here but I feel the mod would actually tell Tal he was a Rubbertongue.  Which makes me really question his claim.  Also, Tal conveniently never mentions BFG except for once during the game.

so.... let me get this in a nutshell:

you say you are VT.... i KNOW i am.... that leaves two.

no need to iso, we need to lynch.

unvote

TG, AJ, Dawn: between Hallia and Talmanes, who"s most likely? For me, Talmanes fake claimed.

I missed this earlier, but...WHAT?  No need to ISO?  Are you really trying to tell me that I shouldn't put in work to figure out who scum is at LYLO?  Serious FOS.

Alright guys, after ISOing here are my short and sweet thoughts...sorta.

T3 looks the worst.  T3 is ready to lynch anyone, anywhere, anytime.  Also, there seem to be scum slips both about replacing and about expecting Nikon to be the liar.  The only thing T3 really has going for him is that he mentioned BFG and Nikon as likely to be scum before their flips, even if he didn't vote them and seemed to do so in a genuine way.

Hally looks only very slightly less worse.  Hally can't seem to find anybody to be scum all game long and continuously messes up Turin's request for a list from her.  Moreover, as soon as she is viewed by RTE she goes and votes Turin, trying to start a train on him which would be consistent with her as GF.  Also seems to know Thane's flip before it happens.

Tal looks good and oh so terrible all at once.  His tone is so dry and emotionless like he is conscious of avoiding a slip.  And his reveal.  Him calling it miller when we on DM know it as RT looks to me to be incredibly fake.  I dunno if time has played other places and I have played on mafiascum, etc, so I know RT is a DM specific thing but still.  The other thing I noticed about Tal is that he mentioned BFG and Nikon very sparsely. 

Hally and Tal look to be most likely to be on a team, especially since they simultaneously found AJ/Thane to be the scummiest people in game but somehow didn't mention each other during that time.  Looks coordinated.

Other most likely scum team would be Hally and T3 given how their votes have gone.

I really, really don't see T3 and Tal being a scum team. 

So looks like I missed lot. I'm a bit surprised that RTE's claim was true, as he seemed more and more scummy. With that mislynch though, as has been stated, we need to lynch scum today or we've lost.

@TG - In regards to your thoughts concerning me:

Throughout the game I have explained multiple times that I post my thoughts on what happens and what I think of players. In my posts I post what is relevant to me at the time. I don't reiterate everything I've previously said in each post, but work off of them. If someone does something that draws my eye, I post it. If that person doesn't do something else to catch my eye before I post again, then there is nothing to mention. I'm a very analytical person and I post the same way I think. I'm not always right, nor am I always wrong. As for lynching in actives, I'm all for it if we have nothing else to go on, but later in the game there is always something to go on. Lastly my role says Miller. Take it or leave it, I've never claimed anything but exactly what was in my PM.

@Dawn - I don't really understand your vote on me as I seemed to be the least scummy to you from your post. You were confirmed Town by Turin, however, so I'm obviously not going to vote you.

Thane however has now tried to jump on two quick lynches (TG's and my own) and that makes no sense of he is Town. A mislynch will literally cost us the game, and he seems far to eager to get a lynch quickly. The only scenario in which that makes sense is if he is Mafia and desperately trying to get a fast lynch to close the game. This makes Thane my definite choice of vote today.

[v]Thane[/v]

[

Archived