A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, then ......

Darkness.png

GE - Amon Ra - Mafia Egyptian Elder God has been lynched. 

Slowly, the light returned - flickering with the rays of hope. The wearied soldiers opened their eyes to see their familiar  Earth in front of them. No more beaten and broken by the fury of lightning. No more spoiled by the rotten heat. No more choked by the dirty waters. There was nothing special about this Earth. It was the same, old grimy, grey Earth. But, it was their Earth. Their planet. Their home.  Not belonging to the divines, but to them - the humans.

Dice, Town Cop - NASA has won the game
Tommy, Town JOAT - UN Security Forces has won the game
GF, Town Doc - Medicines Sans Frontiers has won the game

As a final word, this is my first modding experience and thanks to RTE for making me the co-mod. I enjoyed every bit of it, from creating a story out of the whole game to following the game itself.

The concept, structure and idea of the game was all from RTE. I joined much later and hence I will leave it to RTE to explain the whole setup.

But, just a few points that I want to add. We did not want to make this a God 1 vs God2 vs God 3 game and instead make it God 1 vs God2 vs God 3 vs Town game. This would make it that much more challenging and fun to play (or so we hoped). We wanted to give Town the chance to fight back instead of being just pawns.

So, there were a few changes from the usual recruit type games that we implemented here

1. The town PRs were unrecruitable. This made them the core town group

2. Recruit was the firts action in the night. So, a cop view and recruit on the same person would give a scum result to cop. This was because there could have been multiple recruits and there was only one cop. We wanted to make it fair to the town . This happened to Dap.

3. If two Gods recruited the same person, both the recruits would fail. This happened when GE and Darthe both targetted Rags on Night 1.

4. Once the Elder God died, his recruits could be recruited again. So, GE could have recruited Ley after Darthe died

I personally didn't think this made the town powerful. It might have frustrated the Gods with their failed recruits (only 2 recruits were made in the entire game). But, it brought the game close and anybody could have won.

It was so close that on Night 6, if GE had attempted to kill GF instead of Dice, he would have won the game. Instead, GF doc-protected Dice and cleared the win for town. It was that one kill that made the difference between Egyptians and Town victory.

Good game everyone!

Thank you first and foremost to Pral for being an excellent co-mod and going above and beyond the call of duty. Can't wait to co-mod with him.

The game's mechanics and theme's inception came from a discussion between Ithi, Key and I during their Harry Potter game.

Now, the set-up!

Town Doctor - Unrecruitable - Heal and Prevent Recruit - Médecins Sans Frontières - GF

You are Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders), a humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases, based in Geneva, Switzerland. You are made up of doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, logistical experts, water and sanitation engineers and administrators who provide medical aid in over 60 countries. With the powers of the world joining forces to fight the Elder Gods, you will be at the front lines to heal and protect in this time of great need.

Town Cop - Unrecruitable - Investigate Alignment - International Space Station - Dice

You are the International Space Station, a space station or habitable artificial satellite in low Earth orbit. You are the largest artificial body in orbit, and can even be seen with the naked eye from Earth. Of course, more importantly you have the technology to see everything going on as well. As the literal "Eye in the Sky", you are the eyes and ears for the humans in their battle against the Elder Gods. You can give real-time information to the Earth's forces on the Elder Gods' location and their followers, allowing humankind to strike with precision and deadly force. Earth will call upon you in its time of need. Will you answer the transmission?

Town Mayor - Unrecruitable - Votes count twice (not indicated in VC) - Supreme Commander, League for Humanity - Chaelca (Csarmi)

You are the Supreme Commander of the League for Humanity, an international coalition set up to unite the forces of the Earth to battle against the Elder Gods. The survival of the human race is contingent on your fight against the Elder Gods. With your involvement, only then does man have a chance against these celestial beings. As Supreme Commander, you will take a leading role in man's most important fight of all time. You will be the difference.

Town JoAT - Unrecruitable - 1x Doc, Cop, Vig, RB - UN peacekeeping force Chuckles - Tommy

You are the United Nations Peace-Keeping forces, often referred to as Blue Berets, and include soliders, police officers, and civilian personnel. You are national forces deployed by the UN with the purpose of keeping the peace and protecting the innocent. In order to do this you need to be somewhat of a Jack of All Trades, giving help where it is needed in whatever form that might be. In this time of peril, you will be called upon to protect humanity against the Elder Gods. You will require all the skills available to you to do so. Earth depends on your involvement and participation to survive this battle and see the Elder Gods defeated.

Town Vanilla - Barack Obama - WBK - Ley 2.0

You are Barack Obama, the President of the United States. You lead the most powerful nation, the beacon of humanity. You want to lead the other nations in your path and is prepared to oppose anyone who disagrees. The arrival of the Elder Gods have made you realize you are just a speck in the cosmic game. You cannot take that. You have to destroy Them and restore your position in the world. You don't know how as you are powerless

Town - Vanilla - Manmohan Singh - Andrej

You are Manmohan Singh, the Prime Minister of India. You are a calm and composed man with a few words. You are trying your best to tackle your country's problems. You got the schock of your life on the arrival of the Elder Gods and realizing that one of the Gods is your own. You desperately want to follow him, but also realise that in the Clash of Divinity, the entire earth can be destroyed. Grudgingly, you make a decision to destroy them, even though you know that you are powerless

Town Vanilla - David Cameron - Ley

You are David Cameron, the Prime Minister of UK. Once an empire whose sun was never supposed to set, your country has now been overshadowed economically by numerous emerging countries. Just as you are planning to set it in the right path, the Elder Gods appeared and in the ensuing battle, your country is wrecked and thousands of citizens dead. You are powerless but still you want to destroy the Elder Gods

Town None Vanilla Xi Jinping Dap

You are Xi Jinping, the General Secretary of the Communist Party of China. Your whole world was shattered with the arrival of the Elder Gods, with the realization that the foundation of atheism, on which your country was built, is a sham. You struggle to cope up with the new-found knowledge, while the Earth is being detroyed in Their battle. You want to restore humanity to the earlier status quo and is prepared to destroy Them however you can. Grudgingly, you recognize that you are powerless

Town Vanilla - Pope Francis - TheRagnorak

You are Pope Francis, the leader of the Catholic Church and the absolute sovereign of Vatican City. You were caught by surprise with the return of the Elder Gods but you have faith that your God will protect you and the people of the Earth from any threats they may pose. As the leader of a faith with an estimated 1.2 billion followers you intend to defy the Elder Gods and hold out as long as you can until divine intervention sees their defeat. You may only be a man, but you are the rock upon which people will look to for guidance and support. You are powerless but want to see the Elder Gods vanquished.

Town Vanilla - Kim Jong Un -Hallia

You are Kim Jong Un, the Supreme Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. You have enjoyed unchallenged dominion over your people and they have treated you as a God till now. You are not happy with the recent arrival of the Elder Gods. You are afraid of their power and worried that their battle would destroy your carefully managed nation. You are prepared to do anything to destroy them, however powerless you are

Mafia - Greek God of Sun/Fire - Recruit or NK - Zeus - Darthe

You are Zeus, Father of Gods and men, ruler of the Olympians of Mount Olympus. You are the god of sky and thunder, and enforce your might with lightning bolts, doling out justice with each strike. You are among the Elder Gods vying for the rule of planet Earth, looking to recruit influential humans to your cause and kill those who defy you. Will you amass enough followers to vanquish the other Elder Gods, or shall one of them defeat you? Or will the denizens of planet Earth see to your demise? Your fate lies in your hands. You cannot fail, for you are infallible. You are a God.

Mafia - Egyptian God of Air/Lightning - Recruit or NK - Amun-Ra - Golden

You are Amun-Ra, King of the Gods, God of Wind, Sun, and Fertility, a Creator God. You are petitioned for mercy by those who believed suffering had come about as a result of their own or others wrongdoing.You are among the Elder Gods vying for the rule of planet Earth, looking to recruit influential humans to your cause and kill those who defy you. Will you amass enough followers to vanquish the other Elder Gods, or shall one of them defeat you? Or will the denizens of planet Earth see to your demise? Your fate lies in your hands. You cannot fail, for you are infallible. You are a God.

Mafia - Hindu God of Water - Recruit or NK - Varuna - Turin

You are Varuna, God of the Water and of the Celestial Ocean, as well as a God of Law of the underwater world. You ride a crocodile mount named Makara and along with Mitra are the God of Societal Affairs. You are omniscient, able to catch liars in your snares.You are among the Elder Gods vying for the rule of planet Earth, looking to recruit influential humans to your cause and kill those who defy you. Will you amass enough followers to vanquish the other Elder Gods, or shall one of them defeat you? Or will the denizens of planet Earth see to your demise? Your fate lies in your hands. You cannot fail, for you are infallible. You are a God.

If two teams try to recruit the same player on the same night, won't work. Can't recruit someone already recruited. Once the leader God dies, they can't kill or recruit anymore.

If you have any questions, please ask. I can also put up all the NAs but that will take some checking my shared file with Pral and the Dead QT.

Speaking of which: Dead QT

All recruits failed when either two Gods targeted the same vanilla townie or the attempted recruit was on a town PR (unrecruitable).

This game was balance checked and some things did change during that process. I did however want 3 more players so we could have 3 more vanilla but didn't work. Ah well. However nice to see new faces here and new mafia players overall. :smile:

I would like to hear your thoughts and comments on the game and hope to answer any questions you might have. I enjoyed it a lot and hope you guys did too!

Darthe, get your sign-ups going! I'm in!

I would just like to point out that both Turin and Ley strongly violated rule 5 of the rules. Just saying, kinda screwed me and Darthe.

I'd agree with that. You shouldn't give out important game info once you're hammered. Unless explicitly stated in the rules that you can. Cause you're uhm, kind of dead (except for the fact that the mod's not been around).

Personally sorry and take the blame for missing that. Will do better next time. It's a poor rule because hard to penalize someone for breaking it, but if they do it again we know they are a repeat offender sort of deal.

Missed it this time though, so on me.

I would just like to point out that both Turin and Ley strongly violated rule 5 of the rules. Just saying, kinda screwed me and Darthe.

I'd agree with that. You shouldn't give out important game info once you're hammered. Unless explicitly stated in the rules that you can. Cause you're uhm, kind of dead (except for the fact that the mod's not been around).

Well, I would've said it immediately if I hadn't wanted to speak it through a bit more with Darthe (who didn't appear). On top of that, I had more or less said I wanted to say something more, plus had I been there, I had instantly done it at L-1.

Archived