DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Boys Need Parents (or Algai Need Heart?)

Elgee

Boys ... it's amazing that the species survives! lol

Warning: some of these photos have nekked children.

Wbnp05.jpg

^^ This is my house! LOL I love my boys.  :wub:

ps...they still pee off the deck and two of them are over 21 now. :p Probably doesn't help that their father doss it too. They never grow up!

*Headdesk*

Lol! Poor Heart. *patpats*

You know you're a mom of boys when...

• You have rules like “No peeing on your brother in the bath tub.”
  • You find a matchbox car when you reach into the bag of pita chips.
  • You distract your neighbor in conversation, so she doesn’t see your son peeing in her bushes
  • The smell of sweaty necks and stinky feet is oddly endearing.
  • You have to swing by Chick Filet for a snack on the way home from dinner.
  • You’ve actually spoken the words “New rule: you are not allowed to stick your pinky into the electric pencil sharpener”.
  • You have way too much fun watching your kids play with a whoopie cushion.
  • Whenever you sit on the potty, your tush gets wet.
  • Shooting squirrels with a nerf gun is an acceptable pastime.
  • You suggest Super Mario as a name for the pet bunny.
  • You tell a babysitter they read better when they are upside down.
  • The noise in the car is louder than your own thoughts.
  • When the house is perfectly quiet, you know something big is wrong.
  • You don’t ask about the bloody nose and scraped up knees when your son shows you his new trick on the scooter.
  • Laying on the floor is never relaxing because there is always fear you are about to be jumped upon. “Incoming!”
  • Your friends with just girls stare at you all with their mouths hanging open.
  • You find his reference to “the Force” in Star Wars a brilliant parallel to the power of God.
  • You don’t scream when your 4-year-old proudly shows you the Bb’s he drew…with the back of a hammer on your car door. (See photo below.)
  • When you meet a little boy, you stick out your hand…for a high 5.
  • You have both a Lego and Star Wars font saved on your computer.
  • You can’t imagine the day he falls in love with another woman. :sad:

img_5991.jpg?resize=238%2C178

Mirsh, most of those those sound like my life!  Except for drawing Bb on the car door.  Fortunately, my boys never did that!  They did, however, draw on the walls of our old house with crayons.

BTW, how many of us cringed when we saw the little boy with the knife . . . ?  :huh: :ohmy:

I did.  My son once rode his trike to the refrigerator, got cheese, put it in his hand and tried to cut off a piece with a knife.

I'll never forget that.  I hate the sight of blood, especially when it's coming from my child.

I don't have boys, but my oldest daughter is my girl, and my baby Emma is just like a boy - she climbs on everything, she eats everything, she has electrocuted herself once (luckily without the knife)... LOL

But I came from a family of all boys, so I kinda wish I had gotten at least one  :wink:

I have done a variation of most of those. Except the pecker/knife thing, i wasnt stupid. Some things should remain undamaged, permanently. Others can be sacrificed in a spirit of adventure.

When i was 3 my neighbour called my mum to warn her i was happily sitting stark naked swinging my legs... From the windowsill of my second story bedroom.

When i was 5 i fell in a lake and came spluttering to the surface yelling how i had swallowed a fish.

When i was 6 i strangled myself whilst tying myself up in a swingball set in the garden... I was playing as batman and was going to miraculously break free. My step dad rescued me more or less as i passed out.

The same year i had a consistent whistling noise whenever i breathed through my nose for a week or so. My step dad eventually made me blow as hard as i could and the little coloured tip of a biro (not the lid end the other end) came flying across the room. I still dont remember how it got up there.

When i was 12 i tried to cut the grass with an electric lawn mower. When it cut out i decided to take the motor apart with a metal knife- whilst it was still plugged in.

When i was 14 my mate hit me and ran away, slamming the kitchen door shut. I grabbed his crossbow (lived in the country) and fired it into the door as he closed it thinking to make him believe i had tried to shoot him. Little did i know he had turned around and leaned against the door in case i tried to follow him through and the crossbow bolt went straight through the other side and missed his temple by about an inch. That was the same year i fired a shotgun into the back of a sofa to muffle the noise, and tried to put a throw over it to cover the damage.

When i was 20 i went snorkeling and decided to chase the biggest fish i saw. It turned around and bared its teeth at me, and thats when i realised it was a barricuda.

I could, of course, go on.

*gigglesnorts* boys were put on this earth to test the resilience of their mothers! I have to barricade the doors (with chairs and heavy objects) because my son knows how to unlock all of our locks in the house and he WILL wake up at the crack of dawn and sneak out to play outside. I've even put bells on the doors so that if they open I can hear a jingle! Oh my... my, my, my...

lol ok here goes... Warning to the mothers out there: if you start feeling queasy that that would be a good time to step away from the computer and convincing yourself that your children are indeed sitting safely front of the telly...

3-4 years of age, I find my fathers razor. Mom remembers I walked up to her with a smug smile and asked her how I looked. My face was bright red... poor moma.

5 years. Some dork at school pushes me off the 5 meter slide. on the head. two stitches.

later that year I was experimenting a lot with my thumb. My most notable experience is that apparently you can get bloodpoisoning within 1 week from contact with a hot 50W halogen bulb...

With 7 years I managed to get a sizable splinter up under my right big toenail. It took 2 weeks to get the brighter out and when we did it took the toenail with it! Lol it grew back ofcourse thank the light!

11 years and I found my first knife. Not too long after pretty much everything between my starting point and Dad was holey... including the trampoline, the greenhouse and various plants.

I gave my parents a blissful naughtiness break.

17 and I decide to take off on a bike trip by myself through the lone bush of the south island of nz with no more supplies than I had set out with... this is currently a work-in-progress and I am happy to announce that this part of the journey has been successful and mom didn't take it all too badly... :dry: but now that I am in civilisation once again (and far away), lets see how she'll take the second part. Im meeting my brother (15) and paddling around in the Cook strait in a small 2 man inflatable kayak... *reaches for the phone* :baalzamon:

Archived