DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game]: Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt.

Niniel

Great game town. Down to the wire, the best kind of win.

Attention mafia players, however: my reads have been spot on lately. IF IM CONFIRMED, PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE ME. Freaking had Turin pegged forever ago, and Basel late as well. Also activity level towards the end was a bit sad. Luckily AJ helped us pull it out anyways.

@Ley: your behavior on the dead thread and in general after your death has been pretty terrible man. CS has a knack of irritating a lot of people in mafia, but you WAY overreacted. Really wish you could keep your emotions and perspective in check when you play mafia.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dead thread issues has been solved. But I think this goes for several players here at DM. Also, I really feel that mafia here has become too unfriendly. Mafia is of course not a friendly game but when people tell others that they are a bitch, that they play so bad that they should quit etc I think it has gone too far. People don´t even do it for reactions or some kind of strategy. It has become okay here that the players are allowed to say pretty much everything and I hope mods will stop tolerate it. It´s obviously possible to play mafia without calling each other names. 

Thanks, everyone. I should add that all the good scenes were written by TMD and the other was written by me. :D

Great game town. Down to the wire, the best kind of win.

Attention mafia players, however: my reads have been spot on lately. IF IM CONFIRMED, PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE ME. Freaking had Turin pegged forever ago, and Basel late as well. Also activity level towards the end was a bit sad. Luckily AJ helped us pull it out anyways.

@Ley: your behavior on the dead thread and in general after your death has been pretty terrible man. CS has a knack of irritating a lot of people in mafia, but you WAY overreacted. Really wish you could keep your emotions and perspective in check when you play mafia.

I sorely disagree with this statement :tongue:

@Despo: Ley might have overreacted, but as I said in my message to Tina as well, a lot of the blame for that lies with me. I really should have known better - I'm twice his age and more, I've been just there. I mean, I've been just like that on the past, or similar enough anyway.

Even her, just check some of my early games in 2011. Can't be real proud of any of those.

With some experience and time Ley should learn to treat these situations better.

I also have to say that I wasn't put out with his posts in the dead QT at all. Certainly would have been better if it was handled in PM or something, but o believe that giving your real reactions, speaking what you feel and such is s good thing in general.

I don't believe in this DM "don't speak naughty words" hypocrisy and also I completely disagree with Tina on the "be nice to others in the game" thing. If it has any effects, those are bad. Officially restraining things that are better left out. I completely respect her POV, just disagree see.

What I was getting at is that I liked and respected that Ley chose to speak his mind to me without pretention. I harbor no I'll feelings towards him at all, in fact, quite the opposite for speaking his mind.

Rambling now.

@Despo: Ley might have overreacted, but as I said in my message to Tina as well, a lot of the blame for that lies with me. I really should have known better - I'm twice his age and more, I've been just there. I mean, I've been just like that on the past, or similar enough anyway.

Even her, just check some of my early games in 2011. Can't be real proud of any of those.

With some experience and time Ley should learn to treat these situations better.

I also have to say that I wasn't put out with his posts in the dead QT at all. Certainly would have been better if it was handled in PM or something, but o believe that giving your real reactions, speaking what you feel and such is s good thing in general.

I don't believe in this DM "don't speak naughty words" hypocrisy and also I completely disagree with Tina on the "be nice to others in the game" thing. If it has any effects, those are bad. Officially restraining things that are better left out. I completely respect her POV, just disagree see.

What I was getting at is that I liked and respected that Ley chose to speak his mind to me without pretention. I harbor no I'll feelings towards him at all, in fact, quite the opposite for speaking his mind.

Rambling now.

Thanks for that. I indeed overreacted, and I think I should put as rule for myself that I ALWAYS wait 5 minutes if I have typed something in caps, or something like that. GL in your next game, Csarmi.

After reading the QTs I figure I could share my perspective of the game.

Coming in at Lylo, more or less I didn't really feel the need to slog through a reread considering I felt it would only end up WIFOMing myself. I tend to do that a lot in games.

My angle was to figure out who I had Town reads on and then PoE for the remaining players. This was made easier because Despo was already conf-Town and like I had posted in-game, I got a Town read on Lenlo from his talk about how people not voting with the DL looming was bad. This could've been Mafia acting Town, but it seemed genuine enough and after looking over all the final VCs and seeing he had been on every lynch confirmed him as Town for me. The deciding factor on Turin was that he had missed both previous scum lynches but had helped to hammer Via. I understand that the mafia team didn't know who the symp was, but missing the GF lynch and then lynching Town more or less made me confident he was scum. I coupled this with Despo's and Len's scum reads on him. When it came down to deciding between Basel and Pral it was a bit easier after starting my re-read and then seeing his D1 post playing as Despo. By then it was already understood that the Mafia team were BT staff, and figuring Despo wasn't included there it became very clear who the last mafia member was. When considering why Pral would've done so on D1, of course the idea of a safe claim came to mind. Basically my thought process came down to this: If the Mafia team wasn't provided with safe claims, fake-claiming as Despo on his first post was a very risky move considering he would have no idea if someone else had that character. So yeah, I went with my gut.

@ Cindy - thanks. It was fun to see that you and Basel became doc and cop. Hope you´re not too sad that I didn´t feed you to my polar bears. :D

@ AJ - it sounds like you went with your brain and not your gut. :D Well done!

and I loved that I ended up being doc to his cop tho I'd sure have played it different :wub:

What? I didn't spam well enough to make you proud?

I read games I'm not in.

I read the qts too.

I really haven't appreciated your snarky comments here and there about me posting too much in games, and you needn't worry it will ever be a problem for you in any game you're in.

this last comment wasn't necessary at all, but given the irony of you of all people criticizing how much I post in a game, I am kinda lolling while being annoyed.

and were done arguing cause as stupid as it is to get annoyed while I'm playing, it's way dumber to get annoyed spectating,

Where does this even come from, Cindy?

For the record:

I don't think I've ever criticized you for posting too much in games, like anywhere.

I've certainly never made a snarky comment about you posting too much.

This last post of mine included.

If you want to take my posts that way, sure, go ahead. I admit that it bothers me because I dislike it when people misinterpret my posts, but I think I can live with that.

trick or treat mafia in SG. I love it when I'm mentioned by name in games I'm not in. you alluded to me on thread and specifically talked about me in the QT. no big deal, we all get snarky. you decided to change your playing style because playing with me showed you how horrible posting too much can be. no misinterpretation, you spelled it out clearly.

hey, des, I might win that bet after all.

or maybe I'll get out of bed and stop typing.

trick or treat mafia in SG. I love it when I'm mentioned by name in games I'm not in. you alluded to me on thread and specifically talked about me in the QT. no big deal, we all get snarky. you decided to change your playing style because playing with me showed you how horrible posting too much can be. no misinterpretation, you spelled it out clearly.

I can remember that QT just fine.

You're misreading that cause that fits your conception. Yes, you showed me a mirror. Because you spam almost as much as me.

It made me realize how others might have a serious problem focusing when there are too many posts (and too many spam).

What you don't realize is the unspoken assumption, the looming "but" in that.

See, I think I'm making quite good posts in general, but too many of them. That's what I set out to change.

The very same "but" applies to you. Connect the dots.

actually my biggest scum tell ever, and one I'll correct if I play again, was posting too little.

after day one, btw, I don't consider any of it spam except the chatter that fills the nights (match and linguistics, srsly?) but that's fine and better than game talk at night IMO, for anyone but scum. I love reading nighttime game talk as scum. bwahahahahahagaha...

erm, anyway, where was I... I think verbose is a better descriptor than spammy but whatever.

so, yeah, if I play again I'll post as much on thread as always and not let myself do most of my posting in QT if I have one.

not sure how I lasted as long as I did with that obvious a tell but there ya go.

Archived