DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game]: Black Tower Mafia II - The revolt.

Niniel

Actually, looking back at Dice's posts, he spent most of his energy on Salami and RTE.

As for Via's little list and the coloring thereof: someone, can't recall who, once compared mafia to Clue. You know your own alignment. So when you are town, you know what Clue cards you hold, and have to factor that into your analysis. But no one else knows you are town, or what cards you have. A lot of townies tend to color themselves in as town on this basis. Turin thinks Via is being scummy and trying to take advantage of this. Since she has spent much of this game lurking, I can see where he is coming from. I'm thinking something he didn't really touch on: that she was hoping this might a subconscious idea that she is town into our heads, and get people to thinking of her as town without even really analyzing her.

Vote Via

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trying to plant subliminal messages basel? no. I'm being about as opposite to that as you can get, by showing exactly what I was referring to when reading though.

I made that list (and had the op open with the list of all the players) and coloured mafia red, town green. I included myself as town as I am town, plus it makes it easier for me, as I am looking at interactions in particular between the red mafia and the black / normal coloured unknowns

Actually, looking back at Dice's posts, he spent most of his energy on Salami and RTE.

As for Via's little list and the coloring thereof: someone, can't recall who, once compared mafia to Clue. You know your own alignment. So when you are town, you know what Clue cards you hold, and have to factor that into your analysis. But no one else knows you are town, or what cards you have. A lot of townies tend to color themselves in as town on this basis. Turin thinks Via is being scummy and trying to take advantage of this. Since she has spent much of this game lurking, I can see where he is coming from. I'm thinking something he didn't really touch on: that she was hoping this might a subconscious idea that she is town into our heads, and get people to thinking of her as town without even really analyzing her.

Vote Via

You pretty much make the exact same point as Turin, and add that she has been lurking. He was saying that her coloring in herself as town was some kind of attempt to plant that idea in our heads.

I think that's total rubbish. As is what you're suggesting.

REALLY not liking this train on Via.

Only have a minute due to work. But Despo my point about you being on the train was that she left you off. You are the only living confirmed town at this point. That there was loads of discussions about who was and wasn't on the train and how many votes there were and how close to lynch were all delved into. Her leaving anyone out when creating that list and then tainting it by coloring herself in with the confirmed pings head to me. I have seen mafia do it on numerous occasions.

While I am talking about via. Look at her list. She is on both townie lynches and hammered talya. With talya being the symp a mafia via may not have known she was a teammate. But she is not on the dice lynch. Maybe she was away like I was but I don't recall seeing a post to indicate that. The fact that she is using that against me as well is hypocritical. Now Despo doesn't think that hypocrisy is a mafia tell but I do. If your actions do not match your words something is wrong. My experience is in these cases you follow the persons actions.

Gotta go . Back later...

Actually Turin I found Via's posts to be pretty towny myself, and I feel like you've been reaching all game (the point about her self-confirming herself as town was pretty weak imo). Haven't seen you fos Via all game, then all of a sudden you feel like voting her after she gets an out-of-nowhere vote on her from Lenlo? Don't like it at all.

Vote Turin.

In other news, I got a new laptop tonight!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Out of nowhere? I could understand you disagreeing with my assessment but it was hardly out of nowhere. As for Turin I am undecided on him and am still awaiting Basel's posts about him before I decide one way or the other. He did side with me awfully quickly afterall.

I disagree on those being towny posts though. At best they are neutral especially the one with her mentioning a speed lynch being possible and saying its LyLo.

Hehe was ninja'd.

Undecided on Turin, huh? Even tho you apparently don't like how quick he sides with you?

:laugh:

Don't just say you disagree with me. Quote the parts of her posts you thought didn't come off as townie, or at best neutral.

And yes, the vote did come out of nowhere. Don't remember you ever railing against Via much throughout the game. If I'm mistaken, by all means show me where you had earlier stated any distrust of Via in particular.

1. Im allowed to not like something someone does and still be undecided. If everyone was scum after one small thing then wed all have been lynched ages ago.

2. I did say. I even bolded it for you this time. Just incase you dont read that though heres the quote.

am just getting food now, so more comments will have to wait a bit, but that wasn't a very town thing to do Lenlo.

we are proppaly 3-mafia to 4 town, which means a mis lynch is town losing.

so all it takes is one town to vote another town, the mafia all then speed lynch and it's game over.

I dont like that. It feels like fear mongering and a misrepresentation of the possible amount of scum left in the game.

3. While I may not have railed against her the entire game, it wasnt out of nowhere because I posted my reasons for thinking she was scum the night before after Dice was lynched and then when day came backed those up with a vote as one is supposed to do when one finds someone scummy.

Unvote

For now as well. While I think Via is scum I dont want Ed or Pral to be able to pop in out of nowhere and mimic someone elses post to get a cheap hammer vote in. I want them both in here and posting thoughts about this stuff before we lynch anyone. No sense in wasting time when we dont have to.

am just getting food now, so more comments will have to wait a bit, but that wasn't a very town thing to do Lenlo.

we are proppaly 3-mafia to 4 town, which means a mis lynch is town losing.

so all it takes is one town to vote another town, the mafia all then speed lynch and it's game over.

When I posted this I had completly misjudged / misunderstood the mafia sympathiser role and it's impact it would have on the number in the game.

up to the end of day 1 was 18 pages, end of day 2 takes us up to page 33, end of day 3 up to page 39 and end of day 4 page 41.

The days are getting a lot shorter in terms of time as well as number of pages and had a fear that a rushed mislynch on me would lose the game for town.

Vote Via

Actually Basel re reading this post of yours you say that colouring themselves in green in lists is something town does, but because I have done it I am mafia.

Only have a minute due to work. But Despo my point about you being on the train was that she left you off. You are the only living confirmed town at this point. That there was loads of discussions about who was and wasn't on the train and how many votes there were and how close to lynch were all delved into. Her leaving anyone out when creating that list and then tainting it by coloring herself in with the confirmed pings head to me. I have seen mafia do it on numerous occasions.

While I am talking about via. Look at her list. She is on both townie lynches and hammered talya. With talya being the symp a mafia via may not have known she was a teammate. But she is not on the dice lynch. Maybe she was away like I was but I don't recall seeing a post to indicate that. The fact that she is using that against me as well is hypocritical. Now Despo doesn't think that hypocrisy is a mafia tell but I do. If your actions do not match your words something is wrong. My experience is in these cases you follow the persons actions.

Gotta go . Back later...

To the bolded: are you saying that a mafia team would keep a team member in the dark about another of their team mates. Seems a very strange strategy when one of the mafia's advantages is being 'informed'. So why would other mafia know about Talya and not tell me?

To the underlined: I was about, I even posted after RTE said he had found a godfather but before the lynch was acheived.

I didn't vote because I didn't fully beleive that RTE (who it had been suggested was a god father) had been give a one shot chance of locating a godfather, and had done so. It seemed very convienient. With hindsight it was great for town, but at the time I posted I was not convinced,  so didn't vote.

@Turin: eh, fair enough bout her voting record. Still not much worse than yours tho, and she has seemed to be sincerely trying to scumhunt for a while imo. More than I can say for you

@Lenlo: thank you, very good response. Also that Unvote makes me feel better about you.

@Via: Symp's usually know who their mafia teammates are, while the rest of the mafia team prob won't know the symp's identity, or even if one exists.

What are your reads on everyone still in the game Via?

I have gone away for the weekend, so will being doing a phone / mobile Internet / iPad combo over the next couple of days, will try and check in at least a couple of times though.

@des that sounds like it does make it ...... Challenging! :p but I still note that Turin said that 'mafia via' didn't know who the Symp was, trying to signal me out from the rest of my supposed team.

Ed & pral: not much to say as neither has contributed much recently ( with reason I'm sure, but still...) ed I find slightly summier than pral, as in my post earlier about him not posting much content, just fluff of defence of talya

Des: town, obviously

Which leaves Lenlo, Turin and Basel.

Basel first: I didn't have any particular feeling either way on Notbob, since Basel became notbasel there are a few things that seem a bit odd. First his casing: talya he said scum, dice town, so a solid 50%, but he seemed to case ed, just quote a fe fluff posts and find him scum. Now I kinda agree their is some scummy actions from ed, but just found it of that he only quoted the fluff stuff, not the couple of game quotes that are in there.

Lenlo: unvoting me for discussion is a good move: the quick lynch yesterday means that town will need as much info from today for the next day, whether or not I am alive to be part of it!

Turin: doesn't seem to be looking at anyone else at the moment, like des said, even if you are (wrongly) convinced I am mafia why stop now?

Also re whether the votes are out of nowhere: Lenlo said last night he found me mafia for not voting dice straight away, then voted me come day break - I am fine with that. But before that point I was At worst on people's 'meh list', having not done anything particularly scummy.

@des that sounds like it does make it ...... Challenging! :p but I still note that Turin said that 'mafia via' didn't know who the Symp was, trying to signal me out from the rest of my supposed team.

Uh, what? How does him saying "mafia Via" mean that? Turin is experienced, he would know that if one member of the mafia team knew who the symp was, they all would. I think you might be confused because he added the "mafia" in front of your name, this is sort of like mafia shorthand. Saying "Mafia Despo" or "Town Despo" is another way of saying "how Despo would act if he was mafia" or "how Despo would act if he was town". The point he seemed to be making was that you voting a symp doesn't earn you any town cred, because as mafia you may not have known that Talya was a symp and would have voted her thinking you were getting a townie lynched.

Basel first: I didn't have any particular feeling either way on Notbob, since Basel became notbasel there are a few things that seem a bit odd. First his casing: talya he said scum, dice town, so a solid 50%, but he seemed to case ed, just quote a fe fluff posts and find him scum. Now I kinda agree their is some scummy actions from ed, but just found it of that he only quoted the fluff stuff, not the couple of game quotes that are in there.

Lenlo: unvoting me for discussion is a good move: the quick lynch yesterday means that town will need as much info from today for the next day, whether or not I am alive to be part of it!

Turin: doesn't seem to be looking at anyone else at the moment, like des said, even if you are (wrongly) convinced I am mafia why stop now?

From my experience, Basel does seem to kinda pick a target out of left field to case. I think he looks for less obvious targets than others on purpose. Agreed on Lenlo and Turin.

Also re whether the votes are out of nowhere: Lenlo said last night he found me mafia for not voting dice straight away, then voted me come day break - I am fine with that. But before that point I was At worst on people's 'meh list', having not done anything particularly scummy.

This is one of the first pings I've gotten from you: You don't necessarily have to do anything scummy to look scummy to someone, you can even look suspicious at times for being "too" clean. More importantly, I don't like how you seem to be conscious of whether or not you have done anything particularly scummy, makes it look like you've been trying to stay under the radar on purpose. Not liking this bit at all. Hmm.

Don't feel great about this, but no one else is getting lynched today it seems. Sucks that this game is so inactive, especially for a BT game.

Unvote, Vote Via. At the very least, I don't like how I found that one ping from her, and then she never responded. Mebbe she was scurred she lost her last "friend"

Des, like I said earlier I am not at home this weekend, so don't have a constant or consistent Internet connection, s can't be on DM all the time.

The bit you found pingy, about me being too clean etc. the point I was trying to make (and doing badly clearly! :D) was that apart from one post about voting me there has been nothing else on me, and apparently that is not 'from no where'

I understand that scum will be trying to play as cleanly as possible though.

And re paying attention to whether people think I have done anything scummy: yeah I look out for that. In general terms to learn more about and improve my game. In terms of this game I'm looking at what players are saying about each other, agree with, disagree with etc, including around myself as I'm the only one that I can completely trust.

If they dont show up by next day im lynching one of them on principle, winning this game be hanged.

I will try and support you in this endeavor. Hopefully Ed at least finishes his catchup, he was apparently sick for a while. I think Pray is pretty much always inactive on the weekends, but it's not like he's given us a ton of other stuff to read on him anyways.

It had gotten quiet during the day. Most of your co-conspirators were dead by various means. Most of them because you had lynched them. You had managed to get the traitor Ayla and even the BT leader Tina. But there was at least TheMasterDude and who knows who else with him. There were only seven of you left, you had to watch everyone closely since who knows when you might get stabbed in the back by one of your peers. It was getting close to the end. You had to pick carefully from here on out. You were getting fed up with all the finger pointing and you just wanted someone to die at this point and hope you get lucky. You grabbed Via by the wrists and strung her up on the Deserter's tree upside down for some new flavor since the tree was starting to get crowded. When the mist of mirror vanished you realised that you had done another mistake... 

Via (playing as Cloud, a Dedicated of the Light Faction), vanilla town has been lynched.

A few of you decide to band together tonight and hope that you can keep each other save from the rest of the staff, whoever they might be. Huddling together you hide in the closet hoping no one else has seen you go in and praying that you survive the night.

It´s Night 5. Deadline is Tuesday 9 AM CET. That is in 24 hours and 17 minutes. 

Archived