DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Newbie! Here, Newbie Newbie!

Elgee

*bows* Mother, as you command, so I obey. :)

I'm holding back for now from adding a display name. Right now, I'll just be plain 'shift' (not what women wear under their dresses).

I think this handle came about when I was in a transitionary period in my life. Hehe, get it, I wanted to shift. Heh. Snort.

But yeah, that's how it was. It stuck, it was easy to type, and not a lot of people thought of using it as their usernames. If you find shift015 floating around the 'net, it's most probably me.

Newbie question, if I decide to join the WT, would I be a male Aes Sedai (novice)? ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Shift  :happy:

Welcome to the Tower, I quite like your name actually, the best ones are the ones with a story behind it.

So yes, when you get access to the hidden boards you will officially be a White Tower initiate until you complete an introductory class where you learn all about the Tower etc, it's quite a big place!

Anyways should take you about a month and then you get to pick your path, and be a novice or the Warder equivalent an Algai and then you are able to work your way up through the ranks  :biggrin:

It explains it all in the 101 thread...that you have of course already read  :tongue: *poke poke* Go read!

My handle really isn't anything particularly interesting. I'm an IDC in the Navy been in for the past 11 and a half years, I've moved around alot, and I love the WoT series, I've read through it 4 times with exception of the last 3 books, and still listen to them all on audio as well. This series has been with me through the best and worst of times, and I love to get lost in the fantasy.

Aes Sedai? You sure you don't want to come visit the yards and play with sharp and/or heavily blunt things? We have a MOAT!

Yeah go to the Warder's Yard and ask for a Snarly to play with - that would be the "heavily blunt thing".  Come tell me how you liked it.

Note to self: Do not mistype this person's name. Make sure to include ALL the letters.

* This Novice sneaks in the thread*

Welcome to the thread Shift!

Welcome to the thread Staven ! I want to thank you for your service *hugs*

Edited by KassidyRose DaiShan, Today, 06:07 AM.

Thank you, but no thanks is necessary, it is a privilege to serve.

Aes Sedai? You sure you don't want to come visit the yards and play with sharp and/or heavily blunt things? We have a MOAT!

Yeah go to the Warder's Yard and ask for a Snarly to play with - that would be the "heavily blunt thing". Come tell me how you liked it.

Note to self: Do not mistype this person's name. Make sure to include ALL the letters.

Ah yes. Now THIS feels like home.

*sniffs the air*

Hmm i wonder if i should go with blood, sweat and mud; or greasy cauldrons, dirty laundry and dusty books? :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, so I have been directed here to announce my newness and explain my name. Well the reason behind my name is really very simple. My real name is curiously similar to the word for Saidar. Which makes me very happy and of which I of course noted when reading the first book earlier this year. My first name is Sarah and my surname is Adair, which squiggled around makes aidar...hence S.aidar. How chuffed I am to be likened to the female half of the one power! Very hippy! Of which I happen to be too! So not particularly fascinating for anyone else but cute and befitting for me :o)

Can I ask peoples favourite characters please? Xx

Elgee, you always go for the hot guys . . . LOL!

I have a few favorite characters:  Moiraine, Amys, Egwene, Aviendha, Rhuarc . . . 

Note: I edited this because I just realized, after reading your post, below, I had posted a spoiler.  So I'm hoping you forget about it by the time you reach that point in the books! LOL!

Thank you Elgee, glad everyone likes! I haven't met Narishma yet so I will look out for him! In what book does he come into it?

Hi Daruya, thanks for replying. A couple of those characters I haven't encountered yet. Amys and Rhuarc, sounds farmiliar but can't place them. Where do they come in? Have just met Aviendha in the 3rd book, seems great so far! I'm a fan of Moiraine too, plus Lan and Perrin are interesting. And Nynaeve when she gets emotional! And what des DF stand for?

Hi again Via, I have found the same thing with Mat in the first two and just starting to see his ta'veren potential develop half way through the 3rd. Noot a fave though...yet. What female characters do you feel an affinity for? xx

I'm kinda jealous that you are reading for the first time, seeing it all unfold! :D

I'm quite fond on Aveindha and Nynaeve, I think they both acknowledge their faults but are still doing the best they can, and trying to stay 'themselves' as well, if that makes sense!

Archived