DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Newbie! Here, Newbie Newbie!

Elgee

Such rich replies. Isn't it wonderful to have sooooo many strong female characters! I like. I keep hearing of these Amys and Ruarhc people, does anyone remember which book they come into it?

I really like Moiraine and Siuan's friendship Ryrin, I look forward to more from them...I hope!

Hahaha, I know Via, I am very conscious of how I want to draw the process out as long as possible!! 11 and a half boks to go, wahoooooo! And it only gets better from what all you lovely people are telling me! I like Nynaeve and Lan as a couple, I hope I see them reunited soooooon!!

Next question for anyone who is interested in indulging me..!! What ajahs do you respect/like/love/dislike and what reasons for these? xx

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have really good questions!

You will meet Amys and Rhuruc in book four, I believe, loads of my favourite stuffs happens there!

I actually gained increasing respect for the Red Ajah as the books went on, finding ore about the sisters individual motivations. At the beginning of the books the ajahs are all just 'greens are like this, blues are like this' etc. but with so many words I the series they do start to become more of the collection of individuals that they are, rather than the 'from a Mold' format that they are a bit like in the beginning.

I find the yellows a bit frustrating sometimes: their self confessed reason for being is healing, so you'd think they would be out I the world healing people all the time, but that doesn't seem to be the case!

Saphira is an off shoot of sapphire, a shade of blue and Silvermoon is a full moon, silver in appearance.

My favorite characters are Egwene, Nyneave, Min, Aviendha, Amys, Ruarc, Morraine and Lan.

I loved your name the first time I saw it. The sapphire is my birth stone.

Such rich replies. Isn't it wonderful to have sooooo many strong female characters! I like. I keep hearing of these Amys and Ruarhc people, does anyone remember which book they come into it?

I really like Moiraine and Siuan's friendship Ryrin, I look forward to more from them...I hope!

Hahaha, I know Via, I am very conscious of how I want to draw the process out as long as possible!! 11 and a half boks to go, wahoooooo! And it only gets better from what all you lovely people are telling me! I like Nynaeve and Lan as a couple, I hope I see them reunited soooooon!!

Next question for anyone who is interested in indulging me..!! What ajahs do you respect/like/love/dislike and what reasons for these? xx

I always thought I was a book Blue. They are involved with causes and justice. Now, I think I could be a book Blue or Green. Here, it didn't seem to actually be so much of a choice, I simply was Green.

I actually hated the Reds in the books!

A big Tower hello there!

Here I am a complete Brown through and through but I am a book Grey so it just depends really. 

And my favourite characters (overarching the whole series) are Rand and Egwene but it changes book per book!

In that case I have no idea what I might end up as...though I am pretty sure it still won't be the Reds. Forgetting any reasons more relevant to the plot, I just don't like the colour red much! Shallow I know!

Yeeeah, I can sympathise...I really hate the colour brown (sorry Brownies!) like...a lot.

Now, red on the other hand is my favourite colour. So if we were only to dress in the colours of our Ajah there might be some swapping going on  :laugh:

In that case I have no idea what I might end up as...though I am pretty sure it still won't be the Reds. Forgetting any reasons more relevant to the plot, I just don't like the colour red much! Shallow I know!

My heart was set on one Ajah in particular when I joined this group, but that changed once I started my WT class.

I have no idea which one I will choose now. lol They don't make it easy to choose, which is good. You'll see, soon 

enough. ;)  But...... this is why we go through Initiate and Aspie requirements, to help us find where we should go.

AND we get to make friends with some pretty cool people along the way. 

Hahaha, speaking of dressing in Ajah colours....I know there is pretty much a year to wait, but I had already decided I will go to the next Comicon here in London as a WofT character, most probably an Aes Sedai since I can pretend to have magical poswers and all! A blue, white or green gown would look the most awesome methinks!!

Really really really cannot wait any longer to start the Initiate classes!!! Sounds awesome fun! xx

Ceade mile failte Saidar! Glad to see you here.If you ever need anything or have questions and what not feel free to send me a PM and I will quickly direct to some one who is actually capable. ;) 

I agree with Via. I am so jealous you are reading these for the first time! I've been reading the series for bleedin 20+ years lol. The anticipation and just gettin SUCKED IN with each new book. Such a fantastic experience. 

Favorite characters? Bayle Domon and Egeanin Tamarath "Shipless", Hurin, Thom, Min. Cannot bloody stand Egwene and Nynaeve. Wait, to be %100  truthful that's not a fair statement. I have loved and hated the same characters back and forth. lol Just so much happens and the way they develop. I USED TO love Egwene and Perrin buuuuuut, things happened. Mat now, he's too awesome for me to like. lol *no spoilers. unless like me who was/is a spoiler junky*

Sounds like you have your path rather planned out with the Ajah, huh? Well, should you find yourself so inclined, you may also become a Warder. Wouldn't be our first Lady. ;) I have always liked the Blue in the books but loved the single minded determination of a Red. The bias that's formed because of the work they do sucks but to have your calling be to throw yourself at power wielding mad men is pretty gutsy.

I do like how no one picks Rand as their favourite character.  *chuckles*

Maybe there are reasons further down the plot line.

I personally would choose Mat Cauthon as my #1 character just for his quick wits, sharp sense of humour, interesting internal conflict and the fact that he doesn’t say: “I need to be harder” every second paragraph. *gives roguish grin*

Hahaha, speaking of dressing in Ajah colours....I know there is pretty much a year to wait, but I had already decided I will go to the next Comicon here in London as a WofT character, most probably an Aes Sedai since I can pretend to have magical poswers and all! A blue, white or green gown would look the most awesome methinks!!

Really really really cannot wait any longer to start the Initiate classes!!! Sounds awesome fun! xx

I am dreaming of saving up enough to go to JordanCon in USA next year... But if I don't, I1ll go to Comiccon in London and hang out with you instead! :tongue: And we can go around and glare at people and sniff and adjust our shawles :laugh:

You're right Sherper. lol Not many people DO pick rand as there favorite. I love his character throughout the whole series tbh. I identify with him a lot. I just have always been more a fan of the supporting characters in books and movies. 

Oh my goooood Mish!! That would be so so awesome to have an Aes Sedai buddy to dress up with for ComicCon!! I went this year and it was so nice, the people are all so friendly...probs as they are all geeks and love silly fantasy things! I will hold you to this! What Aes Sedai/Ajah do you think you would go as? Aww so excited!

Millon, I'm with you regarding Rand. I actually adore him but there is such character development in so many of the characters that it makes it so easy to follow and feel so many. I am looking forward to seeing Rand man up and stop, as Sherper says, telling himself he has to be harder! Perrin does that too come to think of it, but Perrin is pretty bad arse so he can get away with it! I wasn't that keen on Mat in the first two books but he really does turn awesome in the current book I'm on, the 3rd. Almost to the end now, better order the 4th!

Back to your original message Millon, thank you for your Gaelic welcome, just googled it, haha! I really can't rave enough about WofT, that is truly the best way to describe it, I have been entirely sucked in, and more so each next book! I have always read lots but this is another level of...yes another universe! Character wise, I hope I see more of Domon, he is the collector isn't he? And does Hurin come back? I miss him! I don't know Eaganin yet, but I know what you mean about Egwene and Nynaeve. It is a love hate thing...back and forth with their pettiness!

I have to say I can't respect the Red Ajah at all. I find them single minded, self righteous and ignorant, being gutsy is great but gutsiness aimed at the wrong cause is clearly just damaging and selfish!! They are dicks! Haha! Love the Blue, love Moiraine, think they are def my fave so far, being a Libra myself and all, tend to care about the same things! I think!

How long has everyone been at this then? x

Been at DM? ummmmm, damn. I really don't know. Maybe.......4-5 years?? I think...... Wait. no. MUCH longer than that. I was a member here before i started my LAST job 7 years ago! holy sweet mother! i think I may have a problem hahahahaha. I wasn't very active when I first started up here though. Just lurked all over.

I have to say I can't respect the Red Ajah at all. I find them single minded, self righteous and ignorant, being gutsy is great but gutsiness aimed at the wrong cause is clearly just damaging and selfish!! They are dicks! Haha!

.... *is Red* ... :P

Been here since somewhere in 2006, joined the WT/W towards the end of 2006, so almost 7 years now? Mills, you joined quite some time after me, didn't you? *Goes to check* ... yeah, October 2008!

Archived