DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Return of DJ's Den

I agree with you on the defensive side of the ball AJ, lots of good pieces on the D for Dallas and the coaches this year are amazing, Kiffin and Marinelli...and I've seen what Marinelli does to D-linesman, like he did in Chicago turning a few nobodies into decent players...maybe not probowlers, but decent enought to have a top 5 defense.    Now for the offense, maybe just hope something happens to Romo's throwing arm so he has to hand off or do little pitch throws so that the likeliness of interceptions goes down. Or hope that Dez Bryant is always open.

Or that he doesn't drop passes. I hope he's gotten better from last season, but I swear it seemed like for every amazing catch he made there was something negative to take away from it. Penalties, dropped balls, etc. The offense has some serious potential to be awesome, but I don't know. It's just like the can't pull it together sometimes. Super frustrating :tongue:

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink:

It's...  American football!! (which makes no sense, foot, hand, foot, hand and is in reality a wussier version of rugby)

*sets up a few recliners with bowls of chips crisps and popcorn and, of course, beer*

Here, take a seat. I will teach.

*turns off lights and tugs down a projector screen*

Translates from American to English. :wink:

And AJ, I'm not so sure they was the light switch :huh:

It might make more sense soon BFG, if the NFL heads get their way, they want to bring multiple games to England each year and eventually even consider having a team in England.  I highly doubt it will work as they expect it to.

*sits down to watch the projector as even though he knows football, it is just fun to watch film.* 

Er....I think BFG was right, the light switch is over there AJ.  *points to the side of the projector, but it was too late* 

*watches as bubbles start pouring into the room*

Nope, we already have rugby league and union, don't need a third variation (and sorry but American football seems more a variation of rugby than football)  :)

You think two versions is a lot? Ha!

Aussie Rules, Leaugue, Union, Soccer, a smattering of NRL or NFL or whatever. We have so many sports with large followings, it's nuts.

*ignores the bubbles stoicly and continues lecturing while the projector rolls loudly*

I agree that I don't think a team in England would work all that well. It's cool to have a game there every so often but I don't see that becoming the norm. Too much travel involved on a weekly basis, not to mention the logistic nightmare of having to get players to and back across the Pond. We're talking passports, travel expenses, and likely restrictions on players who are on some sort of house arrest/probation. That's a sad thing to bring up, I know, but unfortunately it's a true that has to be considered in the big picture.

Now, where was I...

*uses a yard stick to point at the projector screen, ignoring the layer of bubbles nearly up to his waist*

So, questions?

*holds the crisps above the bubbles and munches*

Plus our sport set-up is different to yours.  We generally don't have as much funding (big football clubs and biking are maybe the two exceptions) and college sports don't really feature.  Whereas in US it seems that college level is huge!

Yeah... the NCAA (National College Athletics Association I'm pretty sure) has become a monster in terms of the football and the revenue it pulls in. It's a little bit ridiculous considering that although the schools earn literally millions each year from their football team that none of those players receive any money. Well, at least they aren't supposed to. I'd argue that getting a free education come equate, but others probably wouldn't :tongue:

College football is arguably just as popular if not more so than professional football here in America. It's also broken down into several different classifications of play, so there are dozens of teams to choose from which you want to cheer for :happy: But since you're my Banded, if you suddenly became interested in football you would have to adopt my favorite teams by default. :biggrin:

*clears throat*

Major changes coming soon to the NCAA though... since the BCS conferences are probably going to create their own division, dividing Division I again, they also have the chance to change a lot of eligibility rules as well, and since the smaller conferences won't be in their division anymore, they no longer have any ability to fight changes-- which include benefits for players. The NCAA doesn't really have any power to stop anything voted on by the majority of a division, and even if they did, there would be a very legitimate threat of withdrawing from the NCAA altogether. (Which, personally, I would love. Statisticians would be more likely to include pre-NCAA national championships, so my school would add a wresting title from the 1920s. :smile: That, and the NCAA has lost its vision.)

Major changes coming soon to the NCAA though... since the BCS conferences are probably going to create their own division, dividing Division I again, they also have the chance to change a lot of eligibility rules as well, and since the smaller conferences won't be in their division anymore, they no longer have any ability to fight changes-- which include benefits for players. The NCAA doesn't really have any power to stop anything voted on by the majority of a division, and even if they did, there would be a very legitimate threat of withdrawing from the NCAA altogether. (Which, personally, I would love. Statisticians would be more likely to include pre-NCAA national championships, so my school would add a wresting title from the 1920s. :smile: That, and the NCAA has lost its vision.)

So, in theory, we're talking about the PAC-12, B1G, B12, SEC, ACC and Big East having their own division? That would be interesting... I think it would also put a stop to a lot of the conference realignment that has been going on the last few seasons. Personally, I'd jump ship from the Big East and let that one drop down a tier. Another thing though, teams like Boise State are going to continue getting stiffed because they belong to the MWC which automatically doesn't get invited to the BCS based on winning their conference (which I'm sure they will do quite consistently).

I know there will be another NFL game in London this year, and I think the next three years as well.  Commish. Goddell has mentioned trying to do more to expand it.  But like you all said, I don't think it will work as he is hoping.

Yeah, I don't get all the changes in the NCAA conferences.  The Big 10 has 12 or 13 teams now so it really shouldn't be called the Big 10 anymore.  And the Big 12 doesn't have 12 teams so that shouldn't be the Big 12 anymore. I don't normally follow college sports too much, but still the names of some of the conferences and the differences between then isi quite confusing at times.

• 1 month later...

Dire - I borrowed a button, is there any chance I can get clarification of what happened when I pushed it?  I find it highly unlikely that it will have actually blown up the Sword & Shield, as such I can only conclude that Dice must have thrown a second switch on the bomb when I flipped yours and is now trying to blame me for his actions.  If I'm wrong and you do have switches that blow up various pubs amongst the regiment can I respectfully ask that you disarm the one linked to the Flaming Shot Pub! 

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/75632-the-sword-and-shield-20/?p=3051804

As far as I can tell the button made the herd of mastodon stampede.  I find it very suspicious that you knew about the bomb from a random button, could have been any button - there are so many.  Hence, clarification *nods*

To be honest, even I don't know the location of buttons that cause explosions.  There are workers who make my den each time I start a new one.  They arrange buttons and levers in their own way each time and they don't tell me which are which, so everything is random until a button is pushed or a lever pulled.  The only one I ever know the location of is the button that leads to the destruction of my den when it is time to close it.  Could there be a button that blows up various pubs...sure there could be, but I couldn't tell you which one.

To be honest, even I don't know the location of buttons that cause explosions.  There are workers who make my den each time I start a new one.  They arrange buttons and levers in their own way each time and they don't tell me which are which, so everything is random until a button is pushed or a lever pulled.  The only one I ever know the location of is the button that leads to the destruction of my den when it is time to close it.  Could there be a button that blows up various pubs...sure there could be, but I couldn't tell you which one.

If 7ha7 is 7he case maybe 7he explosives can be found and disman7led in 7he 2 remaining pubs... Do no7 wan7 7o loose all 7ha7 precious booze... do we?

Anyone know a good explosives exper7?

Archived