DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Darthe's Mafia Game Over. Mafia Wins.

Darthe

There are other townsfolk that are bigger fish to fry then the masons from the mafia point of view. That is why they tend to live even when claimed early. Now that the 2x cop is dead, and the doc basically self protecting it is possible that the masons will be targeted. Personally if I were mafia I would be looking to kill the vig( or SK). Especially a SK desperate to kill mafia so they can look town.

Maybe you should be trying to protect one of them if you are so concerned. Since you won't be blocking any town actions.

If you only stop one kill while blocking that person you aren't a jailkeeper. You are a combo doc/roleblocker. That sounds like a bogus claim. More likely Ithi is right and you are a mafia RB. In a game like this I would not expect to see such a role.

Way to nudge again at the closest to confirmed town members

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost put arez in jail. Decided against it . Didnt buy your claim enough

also i dobt wannt you dead yet. I just dont want you confirmed yet

also i only call it a jailkeeper cos thats what farthe called it. Thats why i said im a Doc/rb combo

Is a mod call. I know that when I was really a jailkeeper I could self jail. And in a different game Darthe modded the jailkeeper could also.

Of course you don't want me confirmed yet. Despite a viewing from the coroner confirmed cop. Cause like you said, then you have to kill me and Arez to eliminate confirmed townies.

I still have us as lower on the mafia kill list than the claimed protective roles and the claimed vig/SK.

Edit to insert word claimed for vig/SK.

Why? A killer can decimate mafia if pointed in the right direction.

A cop(if they thought maybe he was a full time cop) can immediately expose mafia.

Protectors stop night kills. Even a town RB can stop kills.

A mason is a vanilla that can talk to one other player on a QT.

You aren't making good sense. If you are trying to protect us by casting aspersions it isn't going to happen. The mafia know I am not one of them. So if they want to shoot me and save another valuable town role they are more than welcome.

Is a mod call. I know that when I was really a jailkeeper I could self jail. And in a different game Darthe modded the jailkeeper could also.

Of course you don't want me confirmed yet. Despite a viewing from the coroner confirmed cop. Cause like you said, then you have to kill me and Arez to eliminate confirmed townies.

I still have us as lower on the mafia kill list than the claimed protective roles and the claimed vig/SK.

Edit to insert word claimed for vig/SK.

Mafiawiki says its impossible to target yourself because you are also a roleblocker.  Its like a roleblocker targeting himself, he would roleblock himself therefore making the entire thing useless anyways.  Its basically like saying you are not going to submit a night action.

I personally think that the SK should be taken out regardless of whether or not they are going to try to take out the mafia.  They are still another kill that could harm town, and remember, they don't want a doc or anything like that either.  Their first target will be town PRs that could mess with them.

Im thinking chuckles is a SK

talya is scummy

ley bugs me

Ed needs to get his head in thegame

Gotta get your head in the game, head in the game. :laugh: 

I've never heard of how Dap's role allegedly works. Mafiascum wiki says that Jailor and Jailkeeper are the same thing and basically stop all actions from affecting your chosen person or to stop that person from making any actions. There is no mention of being able to talk to anyone. I have no idea where you are getting all these crazy roles from.

It specifically says that it will protect/stop regardless of the number of actions attempted - so Dap's more than one kill would actually still kill is ridiculous.

This is what I think:

I think Dap is the Mafia Blocker - this would mean his claimed role had a half truth to it. I think he added his little coda about more than one kill being able to get through because there is an independent Killer out there and he did not want to get caught in a lie by saying he Jailed someone and then they died. He also pre-protected himself against any fall out from Len flipping Town by saying that it may have been possible that Len could not be on the Mafia Team and he could have actually have been the mafia team's target. He then says Len will be speed Lynched.

Also I think that Dap's Role is too over complicated and powerful in a game where even the Cop only had 2 shots.

I also used the Get out of Jail Free card because I think is the Mafia Team who are silencing people in the daytime and I am far from silenced. My other theory would be that people are getting Jailed in the daytime and that is what is silencing them.

Vote Dap

We should have done this yesterday. It was Dap who stalled his own Lynch and pushed it off onto Len instead. Dap also managed to avoid being on the Lynches of the first two Town people we Lynched on D1 and D2 and he instigated the Lynch of Len on D3.

I like this. Dap has been really inconsistent with his role and how it generally works. Not saying it's not possible, but it's unlikely that he couldn't block other roles as well. That doesn't comply with what a Jailkeeper is.  

You have ALWAYS been considered a lynch target. Now you're just trying to wifom your way out of it.

Vote Dap

Agreed on the wifom. 

He could very possibly be Town's last protective role.

Uhhh, I know with the Doc outted, it is hard for him to actually protect people, but it's perfect wifom tbh, and this statement isn't quite true. 

I agree that Leyrann is being very careful not to make a stand on anyone.

And he was the 3rd vote on Dap. 3rd vote is ALWAYS Mafia lol.

:laugh: 

Also, Ley's MAJOR overreaction and defense of this post was scummy as heck. 

I knew I forgot someone..

Ed -He's not been around so much, very lurky. I know he could have been silenced Day 2 if that is the case, it looks like it might have been a 1 shot, because he is the only one who hasn't been on for a complete day. Since been back he hasn't said too much about what has gone on although he has said that he has updated his spreadsheet. So it would be good to hear about what thoughts he has, he missed a whole day. - 5

Rand - Also forgot him. He seems to have been skimming the game a lot. Not around much and doesn't really seem to be saying too much. He tells us to look at the last 5 on Len's lynch and we'll find mafia there - He of course wan't on that lynch at all. 5.5

Rude. 

What do you want me to say. I told you how it works. That the truth

I did say it was a scummy role to claim as well when I claimed way back yesterday. It's why I almost fake claimed

Saying it's a scummy role to claim is the perfect way to get out of claiming your own role, scumbag. 

Dap

Right

Spoke to Darthe, I do not prevent someone getting targeted by other roles, just a killing role

Talya, chuckles would of known he was blocked if a kill didn't show up the next morning. It's not hard to know when you are being messed with when random people die, or don't die

Also my lack of WOTs is cos I've been handing in assignments for the last week and a bit, I've spent 14 hours a day plus at uni. No time to case.

The masons. The reason I don't trust them is if they were cleared they would be killed by the mafia IMO. Leaving confirmed town alive would be stupid as the game progresses. So there is a reason to doubt them

Love how you picked up the SK thing and are running with it

Ley, saying you believe someone is mafia isn't quite and absolute lol. You have to say is

But semantics

Are you using meta to defend yourself though? One could think you are

About the third vote thing, there is a reason (and I keep track in games, I was surprised how often mafia are actually third. You would think they would know by now) but people, when trying to think of a random number, generally choose 3 or 7. So early in games people tent to think 3 is a random of middle place to sit, just where the mafia like to be. Not the be all end all, but has a grain on truth

The funny thing is you say as mafia you NEVER make this third vote, and as town, maybe, maybe not. Well you did, so either you are lying of are aren't sure if you are town or not (you did place the third vote so if you are town you would know that as town you place the third vote)

My favourite part though, "I don't even look at exact vote counts) would WIFOM it and wait until a townie made the third vote..."

That's a lie, if you don't look at counts then how can you WIFOM it and wait till the third vote has been placed. You seem rather up uptight abut all this don't you?

Also this is mafia, people read into everything. If you think people are ignoring the real mistakes, how about you point them out rather than whining about people reading too much into your actions. Very self centred of you.

BG that quote doesn't say I blocked chuckles cos I thought he was a SK. It was after he revealed then shot both nights I didn't block him that I suspected. The quote says I was planning to try test him with more blocks in the future. The SK thing wasn't my reasoning, it was what I started to think after

And for not choosing RTE, he claimed one shot, I didn't think the mafia would kill him, I thought he was likely mafia but if he was claiming one shot cop so I would of been protecting a vanilla, I didn't think he was the NK submitter, so I chose ithi, hoping to get new info

I believe someone mafia is not strong enough for you? Then how should I say it? I can't be 100% sure someone is mafia, except if I have the right role and the right target, or someone flipped. For me, "I believe this player is mafia", is an absolute.

And I didn't say that I would wifom a third vote, I said that many mafia players would do that if people think the third vote is a mafia vote.

(also, not that it's important, but I don't think I'd randomly take 3 or 7 if you ask me to say a number between 1 and 10, because I know many people already take 3 or 7)

I also don't think people are ignoring the real mistakes, but I think they are, comparatively, not paying enough attention to it. I'm sure that, with only looking at real mistakes (example from this game: you saying RTE would try to get Turing lynched, while that was not the case), it would already be possible to get a good case + lynch. Without all the "look he's defending" (in the quote: "no, this player stated that he thought that player was town").

What do you want me to say. I told you how it works. That the truth

I did say it was a scummy role to claim as well when I claimed way back yesterday. It's why I almost fake claimed

This is another good example of what I meant - If I'd have a scummy role as town, I wouldn't fakeclaim, like you say you have been thinking about. I'd just claim my role and live with it being scummy.

Day 4 Official Vote Count 1:

Dap (2/7): Arez, Ley

Ley (3/7): Ithi, Talya, BG

Chuckles (1/7): Rand

Not Voting (6/12):

Chuckles, Mish, Ed, Turin, Cloud, Dap

Countdown: 64 Hours remaining

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20130415T150059&p0=745&msg=Night

Oh look. Bg put the third vote on me. He must be mafia. ~Ithi and Dap (and many other mafia players') logic.

:laugh:

I'd just call it "explaining a general idea in mafia that I don't believe is true"...

(edit for colour)

Also about the third vote thing, you use double brackets and stuff, your post is confusing

But you say any competent mafia would WIFOM it. You also say you would NEVER third vote as mafia. Then you say you don't pay attention to vote counts anyway

Also telling the truth is stupid, I was going to claim JOAT. If I had my claim would of been more believable and I might if lived longer (I doubt I'll live the day)

As town it would be better to lie.

The only reason I didn't is I didnt think there was time for a lie to save me and it was more important that I got my true reveal out

That's another stupid thing I want to get out of the way, and one of the reasons I found catching all this attention (I could just not have said it and still be under the radar like I have been since the WWII game...) worth it.

THIS IS JUST A STUPID THOUGHT. There is no reason in the freaking world why a 3rd vote would always be mafia. Maybe a bit more than other votes, but come on. Any competent mafia member (and believe me, if I THINK of this thought (and I mostly won't because I don't see any good reasoning behind it), I'd NEVER make the third vote as mafia, and as town, well, I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. But tbh, if we're not close to a lynch or deadline, I don't even look at exact vote counts) would wifom it and wait until a townie made the third vote before he would put his vote, which would be the fourth.

I'd just call it "explaining a general idea in mafia that I don't believe is true"...

Explaining? 

More like overreacting. 

@Rand - I read the jailer role and it says about there being no lynch. That would be a limited role, as here we have the policy of bad things happening where there is a no lynch, so it doesn't happen anywhere as near as it used to. Dap hasn't said that at all. In fact where his role is concerned he's been pretty consistent as far as I can see. 

Id also like to ad. If i sere a.mafia RB would cloud be dead by now?

I'll re do this post, for some reason it posted when I was writing.

@Rand - I read the jailer role and it says about there being no lynch. That would be a limited role, as here we have the policy of bad things happening where there is a no lynch, so it doesn't happen anywhere as near as it used to. Dap hasn't said that at all. In fact where his role is concerned he's been pretty consistent as far as I can see. 
             - Also chuckles did claim he holstered, but Dap has posted it before I could answer. Something I remembered right.

Id also like to ad. If i sere a.mafia RB would cloud be dead by now?

I think I said this before somewhere before. If there was a roleblocker on the mafia team I would have thought they would have done that straight after Cloud claimed. As for RTE, I think the mafia still thought he was a threat, or maybe they did it to try and set someone up. But his death confirms the masons (there is always the outside chance). It will be interesting to see what happens over the next night or 2. I also wondered why Mafia didn't go for you, you are a PR after all. Either they thought they could get you lynched, or they thought you were going to Choose Chuckles to test him (which you said btw). Why didn't you go for Chuckles? You could have stopped a night kill on a townie. 

As for me thinking chuckles SK, I have believed Chuckles for a while, and I said that he would have known he was blocked and so came up with the "I holstered last night" bit. After your claim, and the way he hasn't put too much thought into those he choose for the kill. If I get time it would be good to check who he thought was mafia and if not Maw and hal, ask why he didn't go for them. I have to agree with Rand, he should got rid of at some point. As for the mafia not killing him: at present he is more of a threat to town, which makes me think the mafia are active and not quiet. 

Archived