DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You named a character after me? And made him Mafia?

I expect some royalties for the use of my name.

Hahaha she was doomed the moment she mentioned your name - you were always going to be Mafia lol

And well done RTE - Ley was telling the truth, but you couldn't have known that and people have said anything to win the Game when it gets to the end. I know I have :) I would have Lynched him the moment he said he wasn't Town as my team always comes first.

Yay Town and great game Darthe, thanks for running it :biggrin:

Awesome game everyone. Sorry again Ley, but it was fun.

Definitely the most enjoyable Dead QT I've read ever. Maybe cause I didn't mess up this time! :wink:

Mafia never cares about me though. Well, I guess as town that's a good thing. Also Darthe thank you for the brilliant game. I'm sorry if it wasn't what you expected in terms of activity, but I do think you got a tense finish you were hoping for.

Taking away a lot from this game, especially aspiring to make a game that is this complex but that works so well. The created roles were great too and I may use one or two in modding a game! Thanks everyone.I'd be happy to play in your part 2 if you'll have me!

And third party you were. Third parties should be killed.

But town would also have won if the third party would not have been killed...

Also did ANYONE here really believe I'd use promise you 10 months of BT points if I were lying, when I was? No way.

Great game Darthe!

Wanna talk roles?

ABSOLUTELY!

And that is that, I suppose. Well played, Ley. You got the best role in the game, for the record.

He really did.  I thought it was a great way to make a third party relevant as well.

Awesome game everyone. Sorry again Ley, but it was fun.

Definitely the most enjoyable Dead QT I've read ever. Maybe cause I didn't mess up this time! :wink:

Mafia never cares about me though. Well, I guess as town that's a good thing. Also Darthe thank you for the brilliant game. I'm sorry if it wasn't what you expected in terms of activity, but I do think you got a tense finish you were hoping for.

Taking away a lot from this game, especially aspiring to make a game that is this complex but that works so well. The created roles were great too and I may use one or two in modding a game! Thanks everyone.I'd be happy to play in your part 2 if you'll have me!

You did well man, feel free to use the roles anytime.

Thank you all for your well wishes!  Part two is in the making and do not forget that my black tower game is coming up in just a couple of months?  Also, Ithi can you go ahead and put me in the Que for that?  Points coming shortly.

Darthe - 30 pts

10. Turin - 25 pts ( I am giving him 5 for helping me moderate when my computer was down.)

1. Lenlo - 20 pts

2. WBK - 20 pts

6. Mawthrex - 20 pts

7. Basel - 20 pts

8. Dap - 20 pts

9. RTE - 20 pts

11. Ithi - 20 pts

13. Niel an' Tyomn - 20 pts 

16. WoT - 20 pts

18. Ruh - 20 pts

19. Hally - 20 pts

20. Dap 2.0 - 20 pts

22. Song - 20 pts

23. Rand - 20 pts

24. Dice - 20 pts

5. Leyrann - 15 pts

15. Bgrishinko - 15 pts

3. Smiley - 15 pts

4. Cyan - 15 pts 

21. Red - 15 pts

17. TG - 15 pts

14. Lolguy - 15 pts

12. Kaylee - 15 pts

Mish - 5 pts.

Tina - 5 pts.

Cloud - 5 pts.

Tiink - 5 pts.

Is the part 2 in the Black Tower too? In that case you can already sign me up. And how about that Black Tower game you're talking about?

It is two down in the list =p  Also, Part Deux is probably 6-8 months out but I already have it built (mostly).

alright enough patting Darthe on the back....he will bruise

Roles! 

Redoubler.

Great idea but hard to put into practice. I think it needs to be a confirmed town type role because it would be too overpowered for Mafia team even if it is xshot.  It is a role that very well may end up with only one use because as soon as you use it everyone knows who it is and thus if its not a purely town role EVERYONE will immeadiately kill the redoubler as they wanted to in this game or if its a town role the mafia will want it dead quick.

That said the fact that you need a number of people voting you makes it hard to use. I died because i was literally waiting for 1 or 2 more votes which would given me enough to instalynch someone. The fact that its an obvious power will make people hold off til late game but late game is where its strength is.

Godfatherizer

I really liked this role but any game that has it needs either a strong willed cop or no mafia RB  otherwise the percentages all lie with the scumteam.

Dreaming god is pretty awesome as long as you dont get killed by festive....

alright enough patting Darthe on the back....he will bruise

Roles! 

Redoubler.

Great idea but hard to put into practice. I think it needs to be a confirmed town type role because it would be too overpowered for Mafia team even if it is xshot.  It is a role that very well may end up with only one use because as soon as you use it everyone knows who it is and thus if its not a purely town role EVERYONE will immeadiately kill the redoubler as they wanted to in this game or if its a town role the mafia will want it dead quick.

That said the fact that you need a number of people voting you makes it hard to use. I died because i was literally waiting for 1 or 2 more votes which would given me enough to instalynch someone. The fact that its an obvious power will make people hold off til late game but late game is where its strength is.

Godfatherizer

I really liked this role but any game that has it needs either a strong willed cop or no mafia RB  otherwise the percentages all lie with the scumteam.

Dreaming god is pretty awesome as long as you dont get killed by festive....

Dreaming god technically isn't my role, it is just very loosely defined in the mafiascum wiki so I was able to create the powers for it to suit the game =p  If it had killed one more townsperson instead of another mafia I think this game would have come out very differently, tis the luck of the game.

Godfatherizer Don was initially put in because Liam Neeson was a role cop until two days before the game began.  If the Oracle had lived and asked how many mafia there were the answer would have been five, not six.  I think that having a Don and roleblocker was a deadly combo and that the town needed the powers they were given.  Honestly, I did not expect a town win on day three.  Power roles were killed like fleas and that nobody wanted to target Rand for a couple of days saved the town this game.  

Redoubler was grand for exactly the reasons you mentioned.  Essentially this role was a kickass idea to me when I came up with it and I knew it had to be used.  Also, the first role I ever made.  From a tactical standpoint it offers a lot of variety.  I considered it the main town PR, because though it was difficult to play it would have made little sense to be anything other than town.  Honestly I expected the person using it to wait for lylo.  When the mafia piles on a pretty cleared player they could just instahammer any mafia member with a vote or two on them.  Early game, it wasn't as advantageous as even with the redoubler at l-1 they could only get another player within 5-6 votes of a lynch.  I think that putting it with a gladiator was perhaps my proudest moment in the creation of the entire game.

By the way, I am releasing my initial setup so that we can all laugh about how unbalanced it is!  Prepare to read something that makes no sense even after a dozen slight reworkings.

Archived