DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seeing as people want to push me and i dont want to get lynched as that just costs us a townie I am Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus and i am town

Right now i want to hold off on voting WBK cause he did make a point about Niel Hally and RTE. I want to hear more from them or thatll be where my vote is going when i get home.

I guess this doesn't ping to most, but I have some knowlegde of Romans, and this is a really big slip, Dice. I know all Roman emperors of the early days of the Roman Empire, and after that noone will have recieved the title of "Augustus". Now, your problems is, that there once was the well known Julius Caesar, yes? His first name was Gaius, full name Gaius Julius Caesar. His son, was named Octavianus Julius Caesar, and later got the name Augustus. His son was called Tiberius Julius Caesar, but NOT Augustus. This might be a slip from the Mod or the writers of whatever your name is from, but I find it far more likely you wanted to make a "good" (in, good vs evil) fake claim, but slipped up.

Vote Dice.

The Dread Lord Cthulhu raised his mighty hand to shape the world to its' will.  Once more things began to distort, a miasma rising from the ground to plague all.

However, this was not the great lord's doing any more than it had been before.  The beast halted as if momentarily uncertain and in that moment he miasma sprung forward.  It bubbled upwards to his height, almost as if ready to erupt, and then a thousand eyes opened, watching everything at once.  The Great One struck out but it was too late, the thousand eyed shadow washed over Cthulhu like a wave and moments later both were gone, sinking into the void as if they had never been.

Bgrishinko, Third Party Dreaming God converted to Dreaming God Survivor has been killed.

Your day may continue.  Votes have been reset. 

Hmmm. Interesting. Well at least he won't be stabbing us in the back now.

I'm going to VOTE NIEL.

*Glares back*

Sorry, why am I being targeted? ...

>Memory tells me that Niel is a good lynnch candidate

i still want to get behind the Dice lynch first though

as for beinng too silly a mistake to be mafia. Yea ive seenn mafia do that. Sometimes they dont wait to converse with the others on the QT and they make those kind of mistakes

then they slink back to the QT and try apologise lol

vote dice

And whenever I'm lynched im always town.

You are being targeted for such weird posts. And saying "whenever I'm lynched I'm town" is a good way to die, as most people will expect you to be mafia hiding behind that excuse of "I'm always Town". If you don't start making sense in your posts, you're my target tomorrow. The only reason I'm going for Dice and not you is because that slip he seems to have had.

Imma VOTE DICE for that fantastic post I quoted earlier, as well as the fact that it makes a fair amount of sense for Red to wifom him to safety on her way out.

Yes, I agree.  I think Mish (now Kronos) is town, and the second person she threw out there was mafia.  I'll be more active tomorrow.  Today was my Memory Keeper signing! 

Vote Dice

As far as the last three days: I've been getting ready for this bad boy! I created three games and had to get them typed up, make a few hundred copies of each, and cross check to make sure everything was correct.  (I made a few dozen different hangman WoT versions, and an Old Tongue Edition! We also had crossword puzzles and trivia, and I started on a Pictionary for the lines, but just ran out of time :( )

Dap I did not

Really sorry guys I'm having trouble getting on DM (and posting on the phone is a pain)

So to kay, cyan and the rest who asked

RTE has been pinging (been really quiet when he usually isn't)

Niel hasn't been much of a help (but I guess its school and all)

Rand hasn't done much either

Hallia hasn't posted anything for a while here

I have a town read on dap, song, kay

Null on the rest

Ley if it is wrong call Darthe on it. That is DIRECTLY from my PM. I copied it so i couldn't misspell it.

Right i just applied a judicious use of Google FU

heres an excerpt from one site plus a link   (apologies about the set up thats how it pasted)

Tiberius (Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus) (tībēr`ēəs), 42 B.C.–A.D. 37,
second Roman emperor (A.D. 14–A.D. 37). He was the son of Tiberius Claudius Nero
and Livia Drusilla Livia Drusilla , c.55 B.C.–A.D. 29, Roman matron; mother of the
Roman emperor Tiberius. She first married Tiberius Claudius Nero. Tiberius was
his son. In 38 B.C., Augustus forced her husband to divorce her so that he might
marry her himself.
..... Click the link for more
information.
and was originally named Tiberius Claudius Nero. He
campaigned (20 B.C.) in Armenia, became (19 B.C.) governor of Transalpine Gaul,
and aided (12 B.C.) his brother Drusus Drusus , Roman family of the gens Livius. An early distinguished
member was

Marcus Livius Drusus, d. 109? B.C., tribune of the
people (122) with Caius Sempronius Gracchus (see under Gracchi).
Click the link for more information.
on the Rhine
and the Danube. Augustus Augustus , 63 B.C.–A.D. 14, first Roman emperor, a grandson of
the sister of Julius Caesar. Named at first Caius Octavius, he became on
adoption by the Julian gens (44 B.C.) Caius Julius Caesar Octavianus (Octavian);
Augustus was a title of honor granted (27 B.
..... Click the link for more information.
, his stepfather,
compelled him (12 B.C.) to divorce his wife, Vipsania Agrippina, and to marry
Julia, the widow of Agrippa and daughter of Augustus. After the death of Drusus
(9 B.C.) he campaigned in Germany, and following a second consulship (7 B.C.) he
retired to Rhodes for seven years. On his return he was adopted as heir of the
emperor and was sent (A.D. 4) into Germany. Five years later he subjugated
Illyricum. Tiberius succeeded without difficulty on the death of Augustus in
A.D. 14. He spent his efforts in continuing the policies of Augustus, with one
exception; he drastically cut luxury expenses, including public shows. By so
doing and by reforming the tax situation in the provinces he greatly improved
the financial state of the government and made himself extremely unpopular in
Rome. For years Sejanus Sejanus
(Lucius Aelius Sejanus) , d. A.D. 31, Roman statesman; son of Sejus Strabo,
Praetorian prefect. When his father went to Egypt as governor, he succeeded to
the command of the Praetorian Guards and obtained great ascendancy over Emperor
Tiberius.
..... Click the link for more
information.
was his chief aid and confidant. Tiberius retired to
Capri in A.D. 26 and ruled thereafter by correspondence. He grew suspicious of
intrigues and in A.D. 31 had Sejanus killed. Modern historians have been
inclined to treat his administration more favorably than did Roman historians.
He was succeeded by Caligula.

the above can be fount at   http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Tiberius+Julius+Caesar+Augustus

and heres a Wikipedia one too  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

Still wanna tell me the names wrong or that im not town?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

Ftom the wiki you linked

The rule of Julio-Claudians is generally described as unjust and 'criminal' by Tacitus.[93]

Even at the outset of his reign, he seems to ascribe many of Tiberius' virtues merely to hypocrisy.[83]

Another major recurring theme concerns the balance of power between the Senate and the Emperors, corruption

, and the growing tyranny

among the governing classes of Rome. A substantial amount of his account on Tiberius is therefore devoted to the treason trials and persecutions following the revival of the"maiestas" law under Augustus.[94]

Ultimately, Tacitus' opinion on Tiberius is best illustrated by his conclusion of the sixth book:

His character too had its distinct periods. It was a bright time in his life and reputation, while under Augustus he was a private citizen or held high offices; a time of reserve and crafty assumption of virtue, as long as Germanicus and Drusus were alive. Again, while his mother lived, he was a compound of good and evil; he was infamous for his cruelty, though he veiled his debaucheries, while he loved or feared Sejanus. Finally, he plunged into every wickedness and disgrace, when fear and shame being cast off, he simply indulged his own inclinations.[83]

quote for you dap   Tiberius died in Misenum on 16 March AD 37, at the age of 77.[83] Tacitus records that upon the news of his death the crowd rejoiced, only to become suddenly silent upon hearing that he had recovered, and rejoiced again at the news that Caligula and Macro had smothered him.[84] This is not recorded by other ancient historians and is most likely apocryphal, but it can be taken as an indication of how the senatorial class felt towards the Emperor at the time of his death

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apocryphal

definition of apocryphal is SPURIOUS.

I also note that dAp went well out of the way to find the one bit in a long page that bad mouths the character.  Picking and choosing your info dap?

Executions were now a stimulus to his fury, and he ordered the death of all who were lying in prison under accusation of complicity with Sejanus. There lay, singly or in heaps, the unnumbered dead, of every age and sex, the illustrious with the obscure. Kinsfolk and friends were not allowed to be near them, to weep over them, or even to gaze on them too long. Spies were set round them, who noted the sorrow of each mourner and followed the rotting corpses, till they were dragged to the Tiber, where, floating or driven on the bank, no one dared to burn or to touch them.[75]

"In the whole twenty two years of Tiberius' reign, not more than fifty-two persons were accused of treason, of whom almost half escaped conviction, while the four innocent people to be condemned fell victims to the excessive zeal of the Senate, not to the Emperor's tyranny".[76]

While Tiberius was in Capri, rumours abounded as to what exactly he was doing there. Suetonius

records the rumours of lurid tales of sexual perversity, including graphic depictions of child molestation, and cruelty,[77]

and most of all his paranoia.[78]

While heavily sensationalized,[79]

Suetonius' stories at least paint a picture of how Tiberius was perceived by the Roman people, and what his impact on the Principate was during his 23 years of rule.

I know that I am at least partially inactive due to computer issues but that gives you 13 remaining no excuse to be inactive.  

Step it up again or I will start replacing, we should not be 84 pages in on Day 3 after a 70+ page day 1.

I'm catching up right now but can I say I'm not happy with this comment?

Yes activity has to pick up, but one of the reasons I had trouble with it early was all the outrageous spam posting and people FoSing everyone when they mispelled a word in day 1 which contributed to the 70+ posts. The number of day 1 posts, when you consider how many were relevant, is not something we should be necessarily proud of. Activity is great. Fun is great. So is relevance. That we are more on track makes it much easier to follow. if you want more posts I can post a wall of gifs and pictures too but I much rather like where this is going. Only 4 pages back so almost caught up.

Ok some ideas:

Memory tells me that Niel is a good lynnch candidate

as for beinng too silly a mistake to be mafia. Yea ive seenn mafia do that. Sometimes they dont wait to converse with the others on the QT and they make those kind of mistakes

vote dice

I'm kind of undecided on this. I feel like mafia wouldn't make a mistake like this (or at least you'd think) but dice may also have felt pressured to make a quick post and messed up. However, this alone wasn't enough to tell me if he was a townie messing up or scum...

Wow lots of stuff happening, finally understand what Rand does, but now he's vanilla.  Still find that kind of lame, that Rand can be turned into vanilla, even though it was an awesome power before.  Nice job on getting scum, and I don't think town shot BG since we already have a vig, and he was third party, so I am assuming mafia had some special kill thing that could be used.  Honestly think that he could have really helped town so sad to see him die.  Right now, the whole Red/Dice interaction reeks of distancing imo since as Red was doing some very risky things, it would be necessary to have a mafia on the opposite side in case she got lynched.  So my vote goes to Dice.

Yeah sorry I meant Rand the character not me.  *facepalm*  should have thought of that.  Niel's posts are weird, like he's trying to respond to everything in a minimal fashion just to get by and then will take advice from others on what to say.

More sloppy posting from Rand, but that's kind of his meta IMO at this point. He is right about Niel though. It says a lot that the two quotes and the "I only get lynched when I'm town" are all he felt he needed to address the accusations. Cocky. How many potential roles are either benefited by or undeterred by death? He's not afraid, what does that mean? You'd hope a townie wouldn't be so ambivalent. I want to see another post from him.

seeing as people want to push me and i dont want to get lynched as that just costs us a townie I am Tiberius Julius Caesar Augustus and i am town

Right now i want to hold off on voting WBK cause he did make a point about Niel Hally and RTE. I want to hear more from them or thatll be where my vote is going when i get home.

I guess this doesn't ping to most, but I have some knowlegde of Romans, and this is a really big slip, Dice. I know all Roman emperors of the early days of the Roman Empire, and after that noone will have recieved the title of "Augustus". Now, your problems is, that there once was the well known Julius Caesar, yes? His first name was Gaius, full name Gaius Julius Caesar. His son, was named Octavianus Julius Caesar, and later got the name Augustus. His son was called Tiberius Julius Caesar, but NOT Augustus. This might be a slip from the Mod or the writers of whatever your name is from, but I find it far more likely you wanted to make a "good" (in, good vs evil) fake claim, but slipped up.

Vote Dice.

The Dread Lord Cthulhu raised his mighty hand to shape the world to its' will.  Once more things began to distort, a miasma rising from the ground to plague all.

However, this was not the great lord's doing any more than it had been before.  The beast halted as if momentarily uncertain and in that moment he miasma sprung forward.  It bubbled upwards to his height, almost as if ready to erupt, and then a thousand eyes opened, watching everything at once.  The Great One struck out but it was too late, the thousand eyed shadow washed over Cthulhu like a wave and moments later both were gone, sinking into the void as if they had never been.

Bgrishinko, Third Party Dreaming God converted to Dreaming God Survivor has been killed.

Your day may continue.  Votes have been reset. 

Hmmm. Interesting. Well at least he won't be stabbing us in the back now.

I'm going to VOTE NIEL.

*Glares back*

Sorry, why am I being targeted? ...

>>Memory tells me that Niel is a good lynnch candidate

vote dice

And whenever I'm lynched im always town.

You are being targeted for such weird posts. And saying "whenever I'm lynched I'm town" is a good way to die, as most people will expect you to be mafia hiding behind that excuse of "I'm always Town". If you don't start making sense in your posts, you're my target tomorrow. The only reason I'm going for Dice and not you is because that slip he seems to have had.

I agree with Ley here. Shame that Niel has yet to respond. I love his confrontation of Dice's character reveal. I think something to really consider with this reveal is that alignment matches character alignment, which Player ran with and got these really defensive reactions from dice seen here:

quote for you dap   Tiberius died in Misenum on 16 March AD 37, at the age of 77.[83] Tacitus records that upon the news of his death the crowd rejoiced, only to become suddenly silent upon hearing that he had recovered, and rejoiced again at the news that Caligula and Macro had smothered him.[84] This is not recorded by other ancient historians and is most likely apocryphal, but it can be taken as an indication of how the senatorial class felt towards the Emperor at the time of his death

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apocryphal

definition of apocryphal is SPURIOUS.

I also note that dAp went well out of the way to find the one bit in a long page that bad mouths the character.  Picking and choosing your info dap?

its ONE persons opinion. not a general consensus. and its considered spurious lol 

So this can be good or bad. Dice is really on the defensive and has his guard up. This is either scum trapped or a townie who is angry at being misunderstood. Also, would Tiberius be vanilla? Something tells me Darthe doesn't have too many vanilla in this game.

I'm not saddened by BG's death. After the Len survivor fiasco, he had to go one way or another. Something or someone just took care of that for us, which really is pro town as we don't need to "waste" a town lynch on getting rid of a survivor instead of scum. Mish getting replaced is a bit of a pain. Not sure what to do with that. But right now Dice and Niel are pinging. Dice because he's trying hard to stay alive and Niel because he just couldn't care less. Which one is scum? Rand, any information to give us? For a cop I feel like you really hold out on us... Also as the cop and with our dead doc (Ithi) it's interesting that scum haven't targetted you yet. Kind of odd, really...

Lol, ok just finished, so basically WE KILLED A MAFIAAAAA!!! :happydance: and Mish and Kronos have been lowered on the list of suspects ... and you voted for Dice. Which I wholeheartedly agree with. And he's the only one who seemed scummy. SO VOTE DICE  and is that Tsunami legit? ...

What about Dice do you find scummy? Also, if you think he might be scum why not re-vote as this vote, and all those before BG's death, have been erased?

This was Maw btw:

UNVOTE That says and has always said VOTE DICE.

Maw: I read the post you quoted. What about it stands out to you? I'm just trying to get a feel for the why behind the vote. 

Cyan: I look forward to your notes and comments.

Hallia: where have you gone? What are your thoughts?

Less any specific details than the feeling that I got from it. It just felt extremely... off to me.

but he isw not lauded by history

And Caesar is? Whenever I think of Caesar I think of him as a villain. Any of them. They were not kind rulers, and while they may have unified the Roman Empire, they did it by conquest and slaver, with fire and sword.

Archived