DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Mafia Showdown - Town Wins

Darthe

^-agreed on the countdown links, keeping up with american timezones is a pain in the bum >.<

This is why I usually state the hours until a deadline.  For instance, From now until Monday at midnight is roughly 42 hours.  I will do a countdown though.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Len   it seems to me that your reason to vote ithi was  1 the buddying Dap was doing with her  2 the fact that she is waiting for a mistake   any mistake   to pounce on someone and 3 as you stated you want her lynched.

Re waiting for a mistake    thats what you do in a mafia game. how they respond to you jumping on them can tell people heaps. For example you might get Rand to confess to being mafia again lol

you are coming off as very defensive and  honestly somewhat cranky. this makes people sus of you.  Your last vote ignores the fact that Ley GAVE you his reasons just a couple of posts ago.

I know Ley gave me his reasons, I am just calling BS on them.

And I am alittle cranky. Its not been a good day combined with people asking stupid questions they could answer on their own if they bothered to look.

I think I will take some time to go make a list of everyone who agreed or tried to nudge thoughts of me being Mafia - who have now changed tack and are attacking Len instead.

I think I remember a post from someone that said both me and WoT were scummy because xyz - and Dice did an up arrow and said 'this'

Now he is chastising Len for being suspicious of me because I'm doing exactly what you are supposed to do in a Mafia game.

Although it's nearly midnight, if just got home and I'm probably off to bed near enough straight away.

So maybe I will do that list tomorrow - seeing as how Darthe has extended the deadline.

Ithi, you had some suspicious stuff for a while, but the way Len has been, I came to a conclusion: you being mafia would have meant that either Len is town, in which case he wouldn't call you out for things you've never said, because he would be legitimately hunting and would only case you on things you really have said. That, or you and Len are mafia working together, which would mean that he wouldn't make that mistake in the first place because you two would have worked out your plan in advance and wouldn't allow for such a basic error. Furthermore, I think it unlikely that his mistakes are part of a sacrifice gambit to make you look town, because the way things have gone so far, that would be way too complicated a plan to put into place IMO.

So in other words, Len's play has pinged hard enough to prove you town.

Ithi, you had some suspicious stuff for a while, but the way Len has been, I came to a conclusion: you being mafia would have meant that either Len is town, in which case he wouldn't call you out for things you've never said, because he would be legitimately hunting and would only case you on things you really have said. That, or you and Len are mafia working together, which would mean that he wouldn't make that mistake in the first place because you two would have worked out your plan in advance and wouldn't allow for such a basic error. Furthermore, I think it unlikely that his mistakes are part of a sacrifice gambit to make you look town, because the way things have gone so far, that would be way too complicated a plan to put into place IMO.

And since I am town? How does that prove she is town?

And since I am town? How does that prove she is town?

That question might hold water if you were actually town. You, Time, and whoever else is on your team began with good chances of an Ithi lynch, but you torpedoed that with the bit about her defending Player, and you still haven't shown where she did so. Make sure to change the dressing on that bullet wound in your foot regularly.

ithi my "this post was about the weird typing you did. Yes i know you said you just woke up but I have woken you up at times and seen you typing when extremely tired. you may make SPELLING mistakes but not that weird fonting. I have a tiny tiny worry that you are sending a message to someone but i think you are town and thats probably me being paranoid.

And I think ive got in on the len stuff before iirc

Back from dinner, it was nice. You see Lenlo, throughout my quick reading of all of this you seemed to make several random claims that were plain weird. And since I am out of practice, I could be wrong but you are acting as scum would, trying to eliminate the towns. Am I right? So if you are mafia and you know who the scum were you'd try to take them out? This coupled with the reasons given by everyone else ... makes you pretty suspicious to me ...

Oh good grief. CloudFlare, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

Approximately 9001.

hmm,

I dont like this whole Ithi, Dap, Tiink thing going on. I feel like atleast one of them is distancing from another or just chatting it up waiting for someone to slip so they can pounce on them and get a quick lynch.

this. but i was discounting it mostly cause BT has always had chatty and spammy games. worth keeping in mind though

I dont think its a bad thing to look for mafias who make mistakes. I feel that you are not looking for mafia specifically though. I feel that you are waiting for anyone to make a mistake. Anyone at all just so you can push a lynch on them. You dont care who as long as you can get people to think they are mafia.

blockquote> or she could be fishing for reactions.

I dont think its a bad thing to look for mafias who make mistakes. I feel that you are not looking for mafia specifically though. I feel that you are waiting for anyone to make a mistake. Anyone at all just so you can push a lynch on them. You dont care who as long as you can get people to think they are mafia.

That's ridiculous. Would you like to check my track record on how successful with finding mafias and getting them Lynched? It's not my fault you got caught twice by me recently. I would never push a Lynch unless I genuinely believed I had something to push. I have no idea why you think that I just target random people.
rather defensive reaction to that poke there Ithi

Last time I am reposting this for you lazy bums that skim through this game.

I don't think we will ever get to see Len's case on me because I don't think it exists. I think he said something about just wanting me Lynched. Strange when I think that he accused me of just wanting to get people Lynched earlier, without caring if I hit Town or Mafia.

Anyways I've been asking for a couple of days now and have gotten nothing.

Plus he now says that he was actually suspicious of Player? But he was having a ding dong with me? And voting me?

I dunno - I don't want him to be Mafia but some things just aren't adding up.

Perhaps if he does provide his case I will look elsewhere, depending on how good it is ofcourse.

And I post more at work and in the evenings because I have to look after my boys the rest of the time :)

I have posted this bloody case multiple times now! The fact that you keep blowing it over and acting like it doesnt exist when I have reposted it to you SEVERAL TIMES just makes me more sure that I want you lynched.

Stop skimming you bums and start reading. Im not reposting this for you again.

Oh, I'm sorry. We were waiting for a case, not accusations which leak like sieves. Come back when you have anything to actually back them up.

I did ask you to find where I had ever defended/backed up Player - as you said I did that. In the same post that you said I wanted to throw him under a bus.

You couldn't find that then?

You know, like quotes which hold things like the above.

I think I have a pretty solid read on everyone in this game.  So, I probably don't need more time.  That said, since this deadline falls on a weekend and all of you may I am extending the deadline until Monday at Midnight EST.  (GMT-5)

I wonder how you got that... Thanks for tiem

^-agreed on the countdown links, keeping up with american timezones is a pain in the bum >.<

Countdowns are nice.

Lenlo, post a case with actual quotes backing up your accusations. This just isn't cutting it, and you're throwing more pings than a submarine under a destroyer task force by pushing an unsubstantiated case which you keep claiming to have substantiated.

In short: Time, you get a reprieve. UNVOTE VOTE LENLO

ithi my "this post was about the weird typing you did. Yes i know you said you just woke up but I have woken you up at times and seen you typing when extremely tired. you may make SPELLING mistakes but not that weird fonting. I have a tiny tiny worry that you are sending a message to someone but i think you are town and thats probably me being paranoid.

And I think ive got in on the len stuff before iirc

I can confirm that Ithi types very much like this when she is tired. Apparently on a Blackberry if you hold the key it capitalises the letter.

SlEePy is a common sight.

I think I have a pretty solid read on everyone in this game.  So, I probably don't need more time.  That said, since this deadline falls on a weekend and all of you may I am extending the deadline until Monday at Midnight EST.  (GMT-5)

It helps to have access to all the role PMs Darthe :rolleyes:

These are the special roles that Darthe has created for this game. I have coloured them according to the alignment that makes the most sense to me, Red for mafia, Blue for town, and green for third party.

Godfatherizer: Chooses one player nightly. When viewed that player shows a false reading for role or alignment.

I say this would be mafia as it protects players from a cop's viewing. This helps to keep them hidden. Town would not need this power.

Death gifter: Grants several people abilities upon their passing

Town as it seems to be that players get gifts if the named player dies. I believe that this is why Dap was vanilla but had two oracle views in parentheses. If the death gifter died that is what he would have received. There might be several players that are currently vanilla but will be given gifts if the Death Gifter is killed.

Sacrifice: Dies instead of another player (lynch or NK) on the phase of their choice.

Town as it is a means of protecting town power roles in a situation where they would be vulnerable.

Ability Thief: Borrows the abilities of the player they target for that night (player still has their own use, if x shot ability has been used up then this player gets nothing)

Stealing abilities just feels like a mafia ability. Every time I have seen it used it was mafia aligned. It is possible that it could be town but I doubt it.

Bloodsucker: Nightly kill. Twice the individual may permanently gain some of the powers from the person they kill. This could also be mafia.

This seems to be a derivative of the SK role in which they also get an additional bonus of the possibilty of gaining some abilities.

Redoubler: for every 2 votes on the individual the power of their vote raises by 1

This role is primarily a means of escaping a lynch. envision two competing trains in the range of 8 each with 12 to lynch. The redouber is one of them. he places his vote on the other train creating an immediate lynch. It actually gets more dangerous the later in the game it goes. The fact that it could be stolen is even more troubling.  The way the role description is written is making me very worried about those that haven't voted. 

Dreaming God: the player has six named powers at their disposal (psychological, manipulative, festive, rebirthing, diverse, restful). One must be used each day/night cycle. The player personally wins upon using all abilities. This could also be Third party due to the win condition.

I am thinking Town as it was town in the only game I remember seeing it in.

These are all just my opinions on these roles from the descriptions given by Darthe. I realise this is a form of setup speculation but I think it is a case that might actually be worth discussing how the town can best utilize the roles they have. And also to best protect against the anti-town roles.

This can be a hot button issue for some so I am sure that some will be suspicious of my bringing it up.

Had to post something to not be forgotten.. I'm still in this game and I am following, but I've had a pretty hectic past few days. I'll contribute when I've got something useful to say.

Why are you following? Do you still think that Ithi is the best case for lynch or are you just letting your vote camp there?

I'm town... Vin from Mistborn... and I'm pretty positive that Lenlo is town...

Fairly early character reveal. halfway to lynch. Why are you pretty positive that Len is Town?

Who do you think IS mafia?

Neighbor? Well if you are really Vin from Mistborn it would be more likely than not that Len is then MAFIA as neighbors are generally not of the same alignment. Otherwise they would be masons.

Len, can you confirm this?

Finally Mish. Could you please vote someone? even if it is me.

Neighbor? Well if you are really Vin from Mistborn it would be more likely than not that Len is then MAFIA as neighbors are generally not of the same alignment. Otherwise they would be masons.

Len, can you confirm this?

Finally Mish. Could you please vote someone? even if it is me.

I am. I am Titania from Midsummer's Night Dream.

Also I dont think it true that if people are neighbors then one has to be town and the other mafia. If it had to be that way then what would be the point of making people neighbors? One would automatically know that the other is mafia and so mafia are immidiatly down one person. I have talked with WoT quite abit over the QT we were given and I believe her to be town.

We were also told each others characters in the QT so I really dont think there is a possibility of a fake claim.

Okay, I think the neighbor claim pings hard. Both Len and Time are presenting this as confirming that the other is town, despite the fact that they are claiming neighbors and not masons. I have no familiarity with either source material, so I won't claim any inkling as to the likelihood of their character. I haven't actually heard of Vin. But I'm going to bet that one or both of them is mafia. What are the odds of them making up this neighbor thing out of thin air?

Archived